Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
John Kelly Finally Lets Loose on Trump
6 days ago  ::  Feb 13, 2020 - 10:50AM #1
NY23
Posts: 4,436

John Kelly Finally Lets Loose on Trump


MORRISTOWN, N.J.—Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman, the former National Security Council aide and impeachment witness President Donald Trump fired Friday, was just doing his job, former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly told students and guests at a Drew University event here Wednesday night.

Over a 75-minute speech and Q&A session, Kelly laid out, in the clearest terms yet, his misgivings about Trump’s words and actions regarding North Korea, illegal immigration, military discipline, Ukraine, and the news media.

Kelly, a retired Marine Corps general, said that Vindman is blameless and was simply following the training he’d received as a soldier; migrants are “overwhelmingly good people” and “not all rapists”; and Trump’s decision to condition military aid to Ukraine on an investigation into his political rival Joe Biden upended long-standing U.S. policy.

Vindman was rightly disturbed by Trump’s phone call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in July, Kelly suggested: Having seen something “questionable,” Vindman properly notified his superiors, Kelly said. Vindman, who specialized in Ukraine policy at the National Security Council at the time, was among multiple U.S. officials who listened in on the call. When subpoenaed by Congress in the House impeachment hearings, Vindman complied and told the truth, Kelly said.

Read more: www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/202...

6 days ago  ::  Feb 13, 2020 - 10:54AM #2
SSBob643
Posts: 2,219

Feb 13, 2020 -- 10:50AM, NY23 wrote:


John Kelly Finally Lets Loose on Trump


MORRISTOWN, N.J.—Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman, the former National Security Council aide and impeachment witness President Donald Trump fired Friday, was just doing his job, former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly told students and guests at a Drew University event here Wednesday night.

Over a 75-minute speech and Q&A session, Kelly laid out, in the clearest terms yet, his misgivings about Trump’s words and actions regarding North Korea, illegal immigration, military discipline, Ukraine, and the news media.

Kelly, a retired Marine Corps general, said that Vindman is blameless and was simply following the training he’d received as a soldier; migrants are “overwhelmingly good people” and “not all rapists”; and Trump’s decision to condition military aid to Ukraine on an investigation into his political rival Joe Biden upended long-standing U.S. policy.

Vindman was rightly disturbed by Trump’s phone call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in July, Kelly suggested: Having seen something “questionable,” Vindman properly notified his superiors, Kelly said. Vindman, who specialized in Ukraine policy at the National Security Council at the time, was among multiple U.S. officials who listened in on the call. When subpoenaed by Congress in the House impeachment hearings, Vindman complied and told the truth, Kelly said.

Read more: www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/202...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Great...hopefully this opens the gates for military patriots like Mattis, McRaven, Stavridis, etc. to begin making their voices heard.

6 days ago  ::  Feb 13, 2020 - 11:15AM #3
NY23
Posts: 4,436

Of course, the Lunatic-in-Chief had to rant. In Crazy Donnie's world, he is always the victim.








Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump








When I terminated John Kelly, which I couldn’t do fast enough, he knew full well that he was way over his head. Being Chief of Staff just wasn’t for him. He came in with a bang, went out with a whimper, but like so many X’s, he misses the action & just can’t keep his mouth shut,.












Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump





....which he actually has a military and legal obligation to do. His incredible wife, Karen, who I have a lot of respect for, once pulled me aside & said strongly that “John respects you greatly. When we are no longer here, he will only speak well of you.” Wrong!






6 days ago  ::  Feb 13, 2020 - 11:26AM #4
dixieyank
Posts: 5,895

6 days ago  ::  Feb 13, 2020 - 11:27AM #5
SSBob643
Posts: 2,219

Feb 13, 2020 -- 11:15AM, NY23 wrote:


Of course, the Lunatic-in-Chief had to rant. In Crazy Donnie's world, he is always the victim.








Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump








When I terminated John Kelly, which I couldn’t do fast enough, he knew full well that he was way over his head. Being Chief of Staff just wasn’t for him. He came in with a bang, went out with a whimper, but like so many X’s, he misses the action & just can’t keep his mouth shut,.












Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump





....which he actually has a military and legal obligation to do. His incredible wife, Karen, who I have a lot of respect for, once pulled me aside & said strongly that “John respects you greatly. When we are no longer here, he will only speak well of you.” Wrong!









~~~~~~


I hope he continues to attack these guys; pizz them off enough that they'll start speaking out.

6 days ago  ::  Feb 13, 2020 - 11:27AM #6
newinn
Posts: 34,484

Good, I'm glad Kelly finally said something. I hope this opens a floodgate of information from guys like Kelly, Mattis and Bolton. Then I hope Trump kepps tweeting about how he fired them because those guys won't be intimidated by his bullshyte and maybe they'll open up even more.

6 days ago  ::  Feb 13, 2020 - 11:40AM #7
SSBob643
Posts: 2,219

Feb 13, 2020 -- 11:26AM, dixieyank wrote:





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'd love to see him step into a ring, or better yet a cage, for real with Kelly, Mattis or just about any other military man he's attacked and insulted. The pay-per-view would be yooooge!!

6 days ago  ::  Feb 13, 2020 - 11:55AM #8
dixieyank
Posts: 5,895

Feb 13, 2020 -- 11:40AM, SSBob643 wrote:


Feb 13, 2020 -- 11:26AM, dixieyank wrote:





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'd love to see him step into a ring, or better yet a cage, for real with Kelly, Mattis or just about any other military man he's attacked and insulted. The pay-per-view would be yooooge!!




Much like all his "building" signs, he is nothing but a facade, rofl.


Unfortunately, I am not sold the Dems have anyone that can unseat him, which is both appauling and depressing.


I was flabbergasted that he won, and that this country elected a bad meme to the highest seat in the land. I remain amazed that it's possible he will stay in office for a second term.


I thought GWB was the bad joke/nightmare of my lifetime.....and seeing this trend, I seriously fear what the future brings from the R's.

5 days ago  ::  Feb 14, 2020 - 1:05PM #9
NY23
Posts: 4,436

What else is new?


Trump Threatens John Kelly After He Blasts the Failings of Trumpism

4 days ago  ::  Feb 14, 2020 - 4:57PM #10
yankoldfan
Posts: 8,838

Feb 14, 2020 -- 1:05PM, NY23 wrote:


What else is new?


Trump Threatens John Kelly After He Blasts the Failings of Trumpism




donald threatens everyone nowadays, what else would we expect a dictator to do ??? His republicans senators opened the door for him to do what ever he wants, in time those senators will take a hit and will down in history for the frauds they really are... Justice seems to not matter to any of these crooks in the senate, look at Jim Jordon, his walls are starting to cave in on him, these senators have many skeletons in their closets and they will all be exposed in time... There's an old saying and it's going to fit donald and his whole cult, "you can run but you can't hide", in time these words will become so true....

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum