Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 5 of 218  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 218 Next
No worry about the coronavirus bug
4 months ago  ::  Mar 10, 2020 - 11:24AM #41
NW
Posts: 2,210
Even Cuomo said this morning "the panic we're seeing is unwarranted"
4 months ago  ::  Mar 10, 2020 - 11:36AM #42
bertram
Posts: 12,794

He must have been referring to Trump's panic-fueled long list of recipients for government largesse in the face of the pandemic that he and the Republicans initially downplayed.  Wink

4 months ago  ::  Mar 10, 2020 - 12:12PM #43
bertram
Posts: 12,794

The CPAC coronavirus exposure scare...poetic justice for Trump and the science-denyin' right wing.

4 months ago  ::  Mar 10, 2020 - 12:20PM #44
Max
Posts: 4,594

Was it just my imagination or does anyone else remember how some Cons were worried about a Central American caravan bringing diseases to the US?


I'm asking because now it seems strange that some Cons are downplaying a contagious disease that's already in the US.

4 months ago  ::  Mar 10, 2020 - 1:09PM #45
Max
Posts: 4,594

Mar 10, 2020 -- 10:42AM, NW wrote:


Mar 10, 2020 -- 10:37AM, bertram wrote:


Rush Limbaugh, The Voice of the Republican Party on Hate Radio, says what is happening with the virus in Italy is a Chinese commie conspiracy.  The right wing has gone off the deep end in trying to cover for The Orange Menace...echoing Trump's own lies, new conspiracy theories and publishing clouds of misinformation fog.  




What we know about COVID-19 so far is that was indeed man made and man spread.  Now, claiming that it's a conspiracy is way over the edge.  It's more likely that China tried to cover it up and didn't want to take the blame, which is likely the reasoning why the information made it to the WHO really late.  I'd need to see a lot of evidence before I'd call it an intentional act.




Who is we? And Where's the evidence of what you claim? What you claim would be really big news, yet I haven't seen any Con, lib or moderate major news outlet reporting such. Why is that?

4 months ago  ::  Mar 10, 2020 - 2:01PM #46
NW
Posts: 2,210

Mar 10, 2020 -- 1:09PM, Max wrote:


Mar 10, 2020 -- 10:42AM, NW wrote:


Mar 10, 2020 -- 10:37AM, bertram wrote:


Rush Limbaugh, The Voice of the Republican Party on Hate Radio, says what is happening with the virus in Italy is a Chinese commie conspiracy.  The right wing has gone off the deep end in trying to cover for The Orange Menace...echoing Trump's own lies, new conspiracy theories and publishing clouds of misinformation fog.  




What we know about COVID-19 so far is that was indeed man made and man spread.  Now, claiming that it's a conspiracy is way over the edge.  It's more likely that China tried to cover it up and didn't want to take the blame, which is likely the reasoning why the information made it to the WHO really late.  I'd need to see a lot of evidence before I'd call it an intentional act.




Who is we? And Where's the evidence of what you claim? What you claim would be really big news, yet I haven't seen any Con, lib or moderate major news outlet reporting such. Why is that?




The information we've received from the CDC is that it's "highly unlikely" that COVID-19 is a new naturally occurring strain.  Without positively identifying the source, they will not say for sure, but the structure of the virus itself, according to scientists, if mutated from existing strains, would change everything we know about viruses.  Current science says that viruses can't mutate in the way COVID-19 has, comparing it to previous known versions of the virus.  That's not to say scientists are wrong, which is why the CDC is sticking with its "highly unlikely" to be a natural mutation.

4 months ago  ::  Mar 10, 2020 - 2:20PM #47
bertram
Posts: 12,794

Here comes more disinformation.  If anybody thinks the CDC cannot be controlled or influenced or muzzled as to information they release, just watch "And The Band Played On"...a fact-based film about the outbreak of HIV in the U.S.

4 months ago  ::  Mar 10, 2020 - 2:31PM #48
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 18,676

Mar 10, 2020 -- 2:20PM, bertram wrote:


Here comes more disinformation.  If anybody thinks the CDC cannot be controlled or influenced or muzzled as to information they release, just watch "And The Band Played On"...a fact-based film about the outbreak of HIV in the U.S.




If government agencies can't be trusted then why do you want to ceed control of our daily lives to them?

4 months ago  ::  Mar 10, 2020 - 2:58PM #49
NW
Posts: 2,210

Mar 10, 2020 -- 2:20PM, bertram wrote:


Here comes more disinformation.  If anybody thinks the CDC cannot be controlled or influenced or muzzled as to information they release, just watch "And The Band Played On"...a fact-based film about the outbreak of HIV in the U.S.




I don't believe at all that the government organizations can't be influenced.  However, how can you accuse me of spreading disinformation if I'm spreading information that is given to us by those agencies?  Do you have some other source of information to the contrary?  Right now, my company's response to COVID-19 is based upon information provided by the CDC and the NYSDOH.  If you think that they can't be trusted, well, I don't know what to tell you.

4 months ago  ::  Mar 10, 2020 - 3:00PM #50
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 18,676

Mar 10, 2020 -- 2:58PM, NW wrote:


Mar 10, 2020 -- 2:20PM, bertram wrote:


Here comes more disinformation.  If anybody thinks the CDC cannot be controlled or influenced or muzzled as to information they release, just watch "And The Band Played On"...a fact-based film about the outbreak of HIV in the U.S.




I don't believe at all that the government organizations can't be influenced.  However, how can you accuse me of spreading disinformation if I'm spreading information that is given to us by those agencies?  Do you have some other source of information to the contrary?  Right now, my company's response to COVID-19 is based upon information provided by the CDC and the NYSDOH.  If you think that they can't be trusted, well, I don't know what to tell you.




He wants to put the minutiae of our daily lives in the hands of bureaucrats but doesn't trust them.  The most disturbing part is he shouldn't.

Page 5 of 218  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 218 Next
Jump Menu:
 

Yankees Forum