Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
What's it cost for a vote today ??
2 weeks ago  ::  Mar 19, 2020 - 7:05AM #1
yankoldfan
Posts: 9,126
Well, donald and the (R's) are up to it again, buying votes comes to my mind immediately... Yes, the American people need help, but not all of them, there needs to be a line drawn in the sand, people like me and so many others don't need a handout, I know a lot of people that do, but not the top 25% of the people that have money... But again the (R's) will make sure the bailouts the handouts will for sure go to the people that don't need them at all... Sorry folks, but it's just another way of donald and the (R's) trying to buy themselves another election win...
2 weeks ago  ::  Mar 19, 2020 - 9:40AM #2
bertram
Posts: 11,387

Mar 19, 2020 -- 7:05AM, yankoldfan wrote:

Well, donald and the (R's) are up to it again, buying votes comes to my mind immediately... Yes, the American people need help, but not all of them, there needs to be a line drawn in the sand, people like me and so many others don't need a handout, I know a lot of people that do, but not the top 25% of the people that have money... But again the (R's) will make sure the bailouts the handouts will for sure go to the people that don't need them at all... Sorry folks, but it's just another way of donald and the (R's) trying to buy themselves another election win...



McConnell made it clear to the House leadership that their initially drafted response bill was giving too much money to the general public and would not be passed by Republicans unless it was watered down.  So, the House had to revise it before sending it over.  The GOP is now ready to dump the real money into the laps of their partners at the top of the funnel with corporate giveaways and bailouts.  They know that they can buy off the souls and the votes of many average Americans, especially members of their base, with a pittance.

2 weeks ago  ::  Mar 19, 2020 - 9:46AM #3
SSBob643
Posts: 2,753

Mar 19, 2020 -- 9:40AM, bertram wrote:


Mar 19, 2020 -- 7:05AM, yankoldfan wrote:

Well, donald and the (R's) are up to it again, buying votes comes to my mind immediately... Yes, the American people need help, but not all of them, there needs to be a line drawn in the sand, people like me and so many others don't need a handout, I know a lot of people that do, but not the top 25% of the people that have money... But again the (R's) will make sure the bailouts the handouts will for sure go to the people that don't need them at all... Sorry folks, but it's just another way of donald and the (R's) trying to buy themselves another election win...



McConnell made it clear to the House leadership that their initially drafted response bill was giving too much money to the general public and would not be passed by Republicans unless it was watered down.  So, the House had to revise it before sending it over.  The GOP is now ready to dump the real money into the laps of their partners at the top of the funnel with corporate giveaways and bailouts.  They know that they can buy off the souls and the votes of many average Americans, especially members of their base, with a pittance.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'm not clear what the criterion is as to who's gonna get the $2K. How will that be determined?

2 weeks ago  ::  Mar 19, 2020 - 9:53AM #4
bertram
Posts: 11,387

Mar 19, 2020 -- 9:46AM, SSBob643 wrote:


Mar 19, 2020 -- 9:40AM, bertram wrote:


Mar 19, 2020 -- 7:05AM, yankoldfan wrote:

Well, donald and the (R's) are up to it again, buying votes comes to my mind immediately... Yes, the American people need help, but not all of them, there needs to be a line drawn in the sand, people like me and so many others don't need a handout, I know a lot of people that do, but not the top 25% of the people that have money... But again the (R's) will make sure the bailouts the handouts will for sure go to the people that don't need them at all... Sorry folks, but it's just another way of donald and the (R's) trying to buy themselves another election win...



McConnell made it clear to the House leadership that their initially drafted response bill was giving too much money to the general public and would not be passed by Republicans unless it was watered down.  So, the House had to revise it before sending it over.  The GOP is now ready to dump the real money into the laps of their partners at the top of the funnel with corporate giveaways and bailouts.  They know that they can buy off the souls and the votes of many average Americans, especially members of their base, with a pittance.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'm not clear what the criterion is as to who's gonna get the $2K. How will that be determined?




The House bill doesn't deal with that, as far as I know.  Just testing/treatment money and emergency leave.  It will be dealt with in the next round of bills to be written.

2 weeks ago  ::  Mar 19, 2020 - 9:58AM #5
bertram
Posts: 11,387

Now the projections are that we could be dealing with this crisis for another 18 months.  One or two thousand bucks ain't gonna cut it for the middle class, the working poor and the poor.  In fact, "working" will become a misnomer for millions of people who are being and will yet be laid off or have hours cut back.

2 weeks ago  ::  Mar 19, 2020 - 10:19AM #6
bertram
Posts: 11,387

Another clear and present danger to the economy is the wave of corporate borrowing that has gone on since the Fed earlier cut rates and now has zeroed out interest entirely.  Even though there is low or no interest on all those loans, the money still has to be paid back.  If many of these companies have to shut down or see their revenue streams dry up during the virus crisis, who is gonna have to pick up the tab to bail them out?  Yup, you guessed it...the perennial fall guys, the taxpayers.

2 weeks ago  ::  Mar 19, 2020 - 10:41AM #7
bertram
Posts: 11,387

Looks like there is one business that doesn't need to worry about revenues drying up...guns & ammo.  Sales are surging as people are envisioning having to defend themselves from their desperate neighbors...or to take what they need from their neighbors in case the country melts down.  

2 weeks ago  ::  Mar 19, 2020 - 11:39AM #8
Max
Posts: 3,951

Cons, are all these stimulus packages and bailouts that are being passed by the government in order to save the economy socialism?


Will Cons who's jobs are saved by bailouts turn down those jobs? Will the same Cons also turn down the stimulus checks that the government will be sending out?


2 weeks ago  ::  Mar 19, 2020 - 11:42AM #9
SSBob643
Posts: 2,753

Mar 19, 2020 -- 11:39AM, Max wrote:


Cons, are all these stimulus packages and bailouts that are being passed by the government in order to save the economy socialism?


Will Cons who's jobs are saved by bailouts turn down those jobs? Will the same Cons also turn down the stimulus checks that the government will be sending out?




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Waiting to see how our resident "libertarians" respond.


1 week ago  ::  Mar 24, 2020 - 9:17AM #10
bertram
Posts: 11,387

Mar 19, 2020 -- 11:42AM, SSBob643 wrote:


Mar 19, 2020 -- 11:39AM, Max wrote:


Cons, are all these stimulus packages and bailouts that are being passed by the government in order to save the economy socialism?


Will Cons who's jobs are saved by bailouts turn down those jobs? Will the same Cons also turn down the stimulus checks that the government will be sending out?




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Waiting to see how our resident "libertarians" respond.





The "libertarians" seem to be exiting stage right...not surprising, really.

Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum