Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Ventilators
2 months ago  ::  Mar 25, 2020 - 4:18AM #1
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 18,222

nypost.com/2020/03/24/trump-cites-post-o...



Cuomo has been pretty hyberbolic, he better make sure he has his facts straight before throwing it all on the federal government.

2 months ago  ::  Mar 25, 2020 - 5:26AM #2
NW
Posts: 2,035

This is the actual policy behind the op-ed claim.


www.health.ny.gov/press/releases/2015/20...

2 months ago  ::  Mar 25, 2020 - 10:10AM #3
NY23
Posts: 7,323

has been pretty hyperbolic, he better make sure he has his facts straight 


That is something one could say about the Lunatic-in-Chief Donnie every day.

2 months ago  ::  Mar 25, 2020 - 1:27PM #4
Max
Posts: 4,555

Mar 25, 2020 -- 4:18AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


nypost.com/2020/03/24/trump-cites-post-o...



Cuomo has been pretty hyberbolic, he better make sure he has his facts straight before throwing it all on the federal government.




1) Trump now says he doesn't blame anyone. Yes, I know that can change just as soon as Cuomo criticizes him.


2) The 5 year old advisory report never recommended that Cuomo buy ventilators.


3) Look at what your governor is doing or not doing like when he had the beaches open. It seems like he's taking his time implementing other restrictions. Perhaps he should listen to Cuomo when he says that NY is living in every other states future, because if he doesn't implement restrictions like Cuomo did, there's a good chance that Florida's Covid-19 stats will surpass NY's stats because of Florida's large elderly population.  

2 months ago  ::  Mar 25, 2020 - 3:04PM #5
NW
Posts: 2,035

Mar 25, 2020 -- 1:27PM, Max wrote:


Mar 25, 2020 -- 4:18AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


nypost.com/2020/03/24/trump-cites-post-o...



Cuomo has been pretty hyberbolic, he better make sure he has his facts straight before throwing it all on the federal government.




1) Trump now says he doesn't blame anyone. Yes, I know that can change just as soon as Cuomo criticizes him.


2) The 5 year old advisory report never recommended that Cuomo buy ventilators.


3) Look at what your governor is doing or not doing like when he had the beaches open. It seems like he's taking his time implementing other restrictions. Perhaps he should listen to Cuomo when he says that NY is living in every other states future, because if he doesn't implement restrictions like Cuomo did, there's a good chance that Florida's Covid-19 stats will surpass NY's stats because of Florida's large elderly population.  




The report said that we were short of ventilators and had pretty specific numbers (probably the same numbers that Cuomo is using now).  Cuomo and Zucker decided on this path of action rather than the purchase of ventilators.  Again, hindsight is indeed 2020, but for Andrew to go on stage and blame the president, asking him "where are the ventilators?", is disingenuine.  He knows that they aren't there.  He also knows he chose not to supply for his state.

2 months ago  ::  Mar 25, 2020 - 3:35PM #6
Max
Posts: 4,555

Mar 25, 2020 -- 3:04PM, NW wrote:


Mar 25, 2020 -- 1:27PM, Max wrote:


Mar 25, 2020 -- 4:18AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


nypost.com/2020/03/24/trump-cites-post-o...



Cuomo has been pretty hyberbolic, he better make sure he has his facts straight before throwing it all on the federal government.




1) Trump now says he doesn't blame anyone. Yes, I know that can change just as soon as Cuomo criticizes him.


2) The 5 year old advisory report never recommended that Cuomo buy ventilators.


3) Look at what your governor is doing or not doing like when he had the beaches open. It seems like he's taking his time implementing other restrictions. Perhaps he should listen to Cuomo when he says that NY is living in every other states future, because if he doesn't implement restrictions like Cuomo did, there's a good chance that Florida's Covid-19 stats will surpass NY's stats because of Florida's large elderly population.  




The report said that we were short of ventilators and had pretty specific numbers (probably the same numbers that Cuomo is using now).  Cuomo and Zucker decided on this path of action rather than the purchase of ventilators.  Again, hindsight is indeed 2020, but for Andrew to go on stage and blame the president, asking him "where are the ventilators?", is disingenuine.  He knows that they aren't there.  He also knows he chose not to supply for his state.




Again, he wasn't recommended to do so. And he seems to know that there are at least 20,000 ventilators out there. I will take his word until it's proven otherwise. 

2 months ago  ::  Mar 25, 2020 - 7:21PM #7
NW
Posts: 2,035

Mar 25, 2020 -- 3:35PM, Max wrote:


Mar 25, 2020 -- 3:04PM, NW wrote:


Mar 25, 2020 -- 1:27PM, Max wrote:


Mar 25, 2020 -- 4:18AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


nypost.com/2020/03/24/trump-cites-post-o...



Cuomo has been pretty hyberbolic, he better make sure he has his facts straight before throwing it all on the federal government.




1) Trump now says he doesn't blame anyone. Yes, I know that can change just as soon as Cuomo criticizes him.


2) The 5 year old advisory report never recommended that Cuomo buy ventilators.


3) Look at what your governor is doing or not doing like when he had the beaches open. It seems like he's taking his time implementing other restrictions. Perhaps he should listen to Cuomo when he says that NY is living in every other states future, because if he doesn't implement restrictions like Cuomo did, there's a good chance that Florida's Covid-19 stats will surpass NY's stats because of Florida's large elderly population.  




The report said that we were short of ventilators and had pretty specific numbers (probably the same numbers that Cuomo is using now).  Cuomo and Zucker decided on this path of action rather than the purchase of ventilators.  Again, hindsight is indeed 2020, but for Andrew to go on stage and blame the president, asking him "where are the ventilators?", is disingenuine.  He knows that they aren't there.  He also knows he chose not to supply for his state.




Again, he wasn't recommended to do so. And he seems to know that there are at least 20,000 ventilators out there. I will take his word until it's proven otherwise. 




You're right.  His person (Zucker) didn't recommend that he do it.  But Cuomo got the report.  You can't say the buck doesn't stop with him if you're blaming Trump for one of his minions dismantling the pandemic team.  

2 months ago  ::  Mar 25, 2020 - 9:11PM #8
dixieyank
Posts: 5,977

I seem to remember when persons against socialized medicine were touting "death panels".....


Well, now we are going to likely see "death panels", in that there are only so many resources to go around. My local hospital has only 90, and almost half were already in use prior to the recent wave of corona patients. 


Imagine, unlike other places in the world, where a rich person simply pays for their ventilator no matter their age and condition....while some younger, healthier and more productive person will do without. Free market healthcare! Scre.w you plebs...

2 months ago  ::  Mar 26, 2020 - 5:44AM #9
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 18,222

Mar 25, 2020 -- 9:11PM, dixieyank wrote:


I seem to remember when persons against socialized medicine were touting "death panels".....


Well, now we are going to likely see "death panels", in that there are only so many resources to go around. My local hospital has only 90, and almost half were already in use prior to the recent wave of corona patients. 


Imagine, unlike other places in the world, where a rich person simply pays for their ventilator no matter their age and condition....while some younger, healthier and more productive person will do without. Free market healthcare! Scre.w you plebs...




So you are saying that death panels are better than you getting as much healthcare as you have coverage for or are willing to pay for?  For instance some people would want to spare no expense to stay alive where for me there is a definite point where I would want to cut that off to leave something to my loved ones or when the quality of life declines to the point where survival is for survival's sake.  There will always be scarcity and limits, there will always be priorities.   Strange that you want it in the hands of a bureaucrat. 

2 months ago  ::  Mar 26, 2020 - 7:34AM #10
Judge
Posts: 2,596

Mar 25, 2020 -- 9:11PM, dixieyank wrote:


I seem to remember when persons against socialized medicine were touting "death panels".....


Well, now we are going to likely see "death panels", in that there are only so many resources to go around. My local hospital has only 90, and almost half were already in use prior to the recent wave of corona patients. 


Imagine, unlike other places in the world, where a rich person simply pays for their ventilator no matter their age and condition....while some younger, healthier and more productive person will do without. Free market healthcare! Scre.w you plebs...




Imagine an unprecedented world health crisis - try to remember the context.  

Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum