Network Forums Yankees Baseball delaying til June 8 at the earliest
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Baseball delaying til June 8 at the earliest
8 months ago  ::  Apr 15, 2020 - 1:06PM #1
Jon
Posts: 2,389

www.espn.com/soccer/major-league-soccer/...


And probably to empty stadiums.


Though I'm guessing 2020 may be wiped.

8 months ago  ::  Apr 15, 2020 - 10:18PM #2
davis2
Posts: 18,351

Major league SOCCER.


Check what you post.

8 months ago  ::  Apr 15, 2020 - 10:22PM #3
Jon
Posts: 2,389

Well, I suspect baseball would have the same timeline.

8 months ago  ::  Apr 15, 2020 - 10:24PM #4
davis2
Posts: 18,351

Apr 15, 2020 -- 10:22PM, Jon wrote:


Well, I suspect baseball would have the same timeline.




You need to be more accurate than that.  Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, LOL!

8 months ago  ::  Apr 15, 2020 - 10:27PM #5
Jon
Posts: 2,389

I meant to post soccer, but I was thinking about the Yankees at the time.

8 months ago  ::  Apr 15, 2020 - 10:34PM #6
davis2
Posts: 18,351

Apr 15, 2020 -- 10:27PM, Jon wrote:


I meant to post soccer, but I was thinking about the Yankees at the time.



That I can accept... Why not make that excuse sooner?  I would have covered my butt sooner!

8 months ago  ::  Apr 15, 2020 - 10:38PM #7
Jon
Posts: 2,389

Apr 15, 2020 -- 10:34PM, davis2 wrote:


Apr 15, 2020 -- 10:27PM, Jon wrote:


I meant to post soccer, but I was thinking about the Yankees at the time.



That I can accept... Why not make that excuse sooner?  I would have covered my butt sooner!




Eh. (shrug)

8 months ago  ::  Apr 16, 2020 - 7:06AM #8
yankoldfan
Posts: 10,640

I listened to Mayor Cuomo last night on his brothers show in CNN, he mentioned he had talked to the Mets owner and discussed the possibility of playing any baseball in NY, he said it could happen but players might have to negotiate some kind of deal because Major league teams could not pay what the players are making with playing in empty stadiums... So just reading between the lines I'm wondering if there will not be some battle between owners and players with fulfilling some of those huge contracts ?? 

8 months ago  ::  Apr 16, 2020 - 7:08AM #9
luvdayanks
Posts: 28,223

Apr 16, 2020 -- 7:06AM, yankoldfan wrote:


I listened to Mayor Cuomo last night on his brothers show in CNN, he mentioned he had talked to the Mets owner and discussed the possibility of playing any baseball in NY, he said it could happen but players might have to negotiate some kind of deal because Major league teams could not pay what the players are making with playing in empty stadiums... So just reading between the lines I'm wondering if there will not be some battle between owners and players with fulfilling some of those huge contracts ?? 




Mayor Cuomo???????

8 months ago  ::  Apr 16, 2020 - 8:03AM #10
bumper
Posts: 8,109

Apr 16, 2020 -- 7:06AM, yankoldfan wrote:


I listened to Mayor Cuomo last night on his brothers show in CNN, he mentioned he had talked to the Mets owner and discussed the possibility of playing any baseball in NY, he said it could happen but players might have to negotiate some kind of deal because Major league teams could not pay what the players are making with playing in empty stadiums... So just reading between the lines I'm wondering if there will not be some battle between owners and players with fulfilling some of those huge contracts ?? 




you mean governor cuomo ...


in any case wondering about the language in the contracts whether there's a contingency for pro-rated salaries due to a national emergency or worse yet the season not happening at all. even if they play, playing in empty would be a financial disaster for the owners.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Baseball delaying til June 8 at the earliest
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum