Network Forums Sport of Politics Nationals, Yankees kneel as baseball season opens
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 4 of 16  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next
Nationals, Yankees kneel as baseball season opens
2 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 7:31PM #31
yank0428
Posts: 18,431

Jul 24, 2020 -- 6:51PM, SSBob wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 3:38PM, yank0428 wrote:


I didn't vote for Trump so your wrong again. Rather someone else was running but he is and he's  not Biden, Pelosi or Schumer. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


As I recall, you were a strong Kasich supporter in '16. What's your feeling re his intention to speak at the Democratic Convention in support of Biden?




I know Kasich doesn't like Trump. He has the right to support who he wants but if he does support Biden he should switch parties.


 I honestly think Biden will be a puppet to the far left libs. 


 Whats your thoughts on this? 


 


Joe Biden’s disastrous plans for America’s suburbs   


nypost.com/2020/07/21/joe-bidens-disastr...


2 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 7:45PM #32
SSBob
Posts: 5,794

Jul 24, 2020 -- 7:31PM, yank0428 wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 6:51PM, SSBob wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 3:38PM, yank0428 wrote:


I didn't vote for Trump so your wrong again. Rather someone else was running but he is and he's  not Biden, Pelosi or Schumer. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


As I recall, you were a strong Kasich supporter in '16. What's your feeling re his intention to speak at the Democratic Convention in support of Biden?




I know Kasich doesn't like Trump. He has the right to support who he wants but if he does support Biden he should switch parties.


 I honestly think Biden will be a puppet to the far left libs. 


 Whats your thoughts on this?  


Joe Biden’s disastrous plans for America’s suburbs   


nypost.com/2020/07/21/joe-bidens-disastr...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I assume you had a valid reason for supporting Kasich. Just seems odd that now you feel he should change parties simply because he doesn't support Trump, much like many truly conservative Republicans. That list is very long.


As for the NY Post "disastrous plan" sensational headline, I'd have to research that further before forming an opinion. 

2 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 7:57PM #33
davis2
Posts: 18,195

Jul 24, 2020 -- 10:17AM, newinn wrote:


I get what MLB is trying to do but I'm a bit tired of politics enetering every phase of our lives. I couldn't care less what Marianos politics are anymore then I care what Di Nero's politics are. I need places to escape too once in awhile. I'm sure this is an unpopularopinion but it's mine



I agree with ya there. Less politics, more baseball!

2 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 7:57PM #34
bertram
Posts: 13,759

Biden has always been a centrist.  He went up against Bernie and Warren over Medicare for All and the Green New Deal, which should please virtually all Republicans and many independents.

2 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 7:58PM #35
yank0428
Posts: 18,431

Jul 24, 2020 -- 7:45PM, SSBob wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 7:31PM, yank0428 wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 6:51PM, SSBob wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 3:38PM, yank0428 wrote:


I didn't vote for Trump so your wrong again. Rather someone else was running but he is and he's  not Biden, Pelosi or Schumer. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


As I recall, you were a strong Kasich supporter in '16. What's your feeling re his intention to speak at the Democratic Convention in support of Biden?




I know Kasich doesn't like Trump. He has the right to support who he wants but if he does support Biden he should switch parties.


 I honestly think Biden will be a puppet to the far left libs. 


 Whats your thoughts on this?  


Joe Biden’s disastrous plans for America’s suburbs   


nypost.com/2020/07/21/joe-bidens-disastr...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I assume you had a valid reason for supporting Kasich. Just seems odd that now you feel he should change parties simply because he doesn't support Trump, much like many truly conservative Republicans. That list is very long.


As for the NY Post "disastrous plan" sensational headline, I'd have to research that further before forming an opinion. 




I supported Kasich because I thought he might have a chance to bring both parties together. Those days are gone after the last few years .If he is going to support Biden who is the pocket of the far left libs I feel he should change parties.


 I don't consider any of those in the Lincoln project conservatives. IMO no true conservative could support Biden. Sanctuary cities. Healthcare for those here illegally. Weaking our military. Defunding our Police. It's more that they let their personal dislike for Trump affect them. Lets be real they all have been in the in the swamp forever.

2 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 8:01PM #36
bertram
Posts: 13,759

As for Kasich, he seems moderate in a far-right GOP.  However, he has voiced some rather extreme stances during his political career.  Would he have been preferable to Trump?  Oh yeah, virtually anybody would have been.

2 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 8:11PM #37
SSBob
Posts: 5,794

Jul 24, 2020 -- 7:58PM, yank0428 wrote:


I supported Kasich because I thought he might have a chance to bring both parties together. Those days are gone after the last few years .If he is going to support Biden who is the pocket of the far left libs I feel he should change parties.


 I don't consider any of those in the Lincoln project conservatives. IMO no true conservative could support Biden. Sanctuary cities. Healthcare for those here illegally. Weaking our military. Defunding our Police. It's more that they let their personal dislike for Trump affect them. Lets be real they all have been in the in the swamp forever.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I guess it comes down to your definition of "conservative". By my definition, the traditional definition and that of most long standing Republican conservatives, it's laughable to call Trump and his supporters conservatives. If anyone should leave the party it's Trump and his supporters. They're the real "RINOs".


The "support" for Biden has far more to do with the acknowldegement that Trump and his minions are a very real threat to this country and our democracy. True conservatives understand that and are willing to elect Biden to stop that threat, wipe the slate clean and reset.


In the 12 presidential elections I've participated in I've understood how others could support either candidate...Republican or Democrat. I can't for the life of me understand how any thinking person could support the clown currently occupying the office.




2 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 8:47PM #38
yank0428
Posts: 18,431

Jul 24, 2020 -- 8:11PM, SSBob wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 7:58PM, yank0428 wrote:


I supported Kasich because I thought he might have a chance to bring both parties together. Those days are gone after the last few years .If he is going to support Biden who is the pocket of the far left libs I feel he should change parties.


 I don't consider any of those in the Lincoln project conservatives. IMO no true conservative could support Biden. Sanctuary cities. Healthcare for those here illegally. Weaking our military. Defunding our Police. It's more that they let their personal dislike for Trump affect them. Lets be real they all have been in the in the swamp forever.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I guess it comes down to your definition of "conservative". By my definition, the traditional definition and that of most long standing Republican conservatives, it's laughable to call Trump and his supporters conservatives. If anyone should leave the party it's Trump and his supporters. They're the real "RINO's".


The "support" for Biden has far more to do with the acknowldegement that Trump and his minions are a very real threat to this country and our democracy. True conservatives understand that and are willing to elect Biden to stop that threat, wipe the slate clean and reset.


In the 12 presidential elections I've participated in I've understood how others could support either candidate...Republican or Democrat. I can't for the life of me understand how any thinking person could support the clown currently occupying the office.







When Trump pardoned Stone who I could care less about the outrage from the left cracked me up. Look at who Obama and Clinton  pardoned in their last days of their Presidency in the dark of the night and it showed what there true beliefs were.They pardoned terrorist's, traitors, their family and not a peep from the left. Roger Stone who did what? Outrage. The played the part they had to win an election but their beliefs were more radical. That's who I believe will be influencing Biden. Trump at least had the guts to do it before an election. He is what he is. He supports the military. He supports law enforcement. He is tough against China while all the other clowns put them in this position of supplanting us as the world power. I think he will be much better for the economy.


 We will see more stupidity like bail reform if the Dems win this fall. I see what cities run by Dems turn into. This will spread. Excusing those who commit crimes. Rewarding people who came here illegally with citizenship to control future elections. It's all been about control. I really don't like Trump but as you see Trump as dangerous I see those as influencing Biden as dangerous. Fools like AOC will have a big influence. They wont be effected by the changes they make. It will be you and me. I get why people don't like Trump. What I don't get is how you can support these tools who have been there forever and done what? Pelosi and Schumer are jokes. They supported some of Trumps policies until he got elected, it's all there on youtube. They are the ones who never accepted the results of his election. The former government illegally spied on his campaign hoping to find something to bring him down. That was criminal and overlooked. I'm shocked that somebody under that type of scrutiny could survive that.  


 Unlike the Dems if Biden wins I will hope for the best but I don't expect it. 


 I could take 4 more years of Trump more easily then the damage 4 years of Biden will inflict and hope somebody less divisive will come along to take over. My feelings and a lot people like me. I respect your opinion just don't agree with it. 

2 months ago  ::  Jul 25, 2020 - 8:06AM #39
yankoldfan
Posts: 10,357

Jul 24, 2020 -- 7:58PM, yank0428 wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 7:45PM, SSBob wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 7:31PM, yank0428 wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 6:51PM, SSBob wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 3:38PM, yank0428 wrote:


I didn't vote for Trump so your wrong again. Rather someone else was running but he is and he's  not Biden, Pelosi or Schumer. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


As I recall, you were a strong Kasich supporter in '16. What's your feeling re his intention to speak at the Democratic Convention in support of Biden?




I know Kasich doesn't like Trump. He has the right to support who he wants but if he does support Biden he should switch parties.


 I honestly think Biden will be a puppet to the far left libs. 


 Whats your thoughts on this?  


Joe Biden’s disastrous plans for America’s suburbs   


nypost.com/2020/07/21/joe-bidens-disastr...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I assume you had a valid reason for supporting Kasich. Just seems odd that now you feel he should change parties simply because he doesn't support Trump, much like many truly conservative Republicans. That list is very long.


As for the NY Post "disastrous plan" sensational headline, I'd have to research that further before forming an opinion. 




I supported Kasich because I thought he might have a chance to bring both parties together. Those days are gone after the last few years .If he is going to support Biden who is the pocket of the far left libs I feel he should change parties.


 I don't consider any of those in the Lincoln project conservatives. IMO no true conservative could support Biden. Sanctuary cities. Healthcare for those here illegally. Weaking our military. Defunding our Police. It's more that they let their personal dislike for Trump affect them. Lets be real they all have been in the in the swamp forever.




This is what trumpies like you have trouble understanding, the Lincold Project supports our country and it's people, they can see donald and you troumpies only seem to care about lining your/their pockets as donald and his family have since they walked through the doors of the WH... It's about time some people, whether it's (D) or (R) start looking at whats good for this country, it's for sure the (R) that are in power right now have that the furthurist from their minds... Working together is what our forfathers wanted, a coutry run by one man that wants to be a dictator is not what they had in mind !!!

2 months ago  ::  Jul 25, 2020 - 8:14AM #40
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 19,516

Jul 25, 2020 -- 8:06AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 7:58PM, yank0428 wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 7:45PM, SSBob wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 7:31PM, yank0428 wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 6:51PM, SSBob wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 3:38PM, yank0428 wrote:


I didn't vote for Trump so your wrong again. Rather someone else was running but he is and he's  not Biden, Pelosi or Schumer. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


As I recall, you were a strong Kasich supporter in '16. What's your feeling re his intention to speak at the Democratic Convention in support of Biden?




I know Kasich doesn't like Trump. He has the right to support who he wants but if he does support Biden he should switch parties.


 I honestly think Biden will be a puppet to the far left libs. 


 Whats your thoughts on this?  


Joe Biden’s disastrous plans for America’s suburbs   


nypost.com/2020/07/21/joe-bidens-disastr...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I assume you had a valid reason for supporting Kasich. Just seems odd that now you feel he should change parties simply because he doesn't support Trump, much like many truly conservative Republicans. That list is very long.


As for the NY Post "disastrous plan" sensational headline, I'd have to research that further before forming an opinion. 




I supported Kasich because I thought he might have a chance to bring both parties together. Those days are gone after the last few years .If he is going to support Biden who is the pocket of the far left libs I feel he should change parties.


 I don't consider any of those in the Lincoln project conservatives. IMO no true conservative could support Biden. Sanctuary cities. Healthcare for those here illegally. Weaking our military. Defunding our Police. It's more that they let their personal dislike for Trump affect them. Lets be real they all have been in the in the swamp forever.




This is what trumpies like you have trouble understanding, the Lincold Project supports our country and it's people, they can see donald and you troumpies only seem to care about lining your/their pockets as donald and his family have since they walked through the doors of the WH... It's about time some people, whether it's (D) or (R) start looking at whats good for this country, it's for sure the (R) that are in power right now have that the furthurist from their minds... Working together is what our forfathers wanted, a coutry run by one man that wants to be a dictator is not what they had in mind !!!




Get serious, those policies may reduce the wealth gap with the exception of the politically connected but overall it will leave us all poorer.  It is unreasonable to wish otherwise.

Page 4 of 16  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Sport of Politics Nationals, Yankees kneel as baseball season opens
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum