Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Big G
10 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 11:03AM #1
Judge
Posts: 5,329

He looked great last night, carried the team on his back offensively!   


I know this prediction can go very wrong as he's had more than his share of injuries, but I think he'll stay healthy for the shortened season.   They have good OF depth and they can mostly use G as the DH where I think he'll be fine.


I am thinking he could pull a July + August 2017 type of a run here and be the AL MVP.  In a short season like this, I could easily see Stanton being the kind of player that could produce just gaudy numbers.  Could he put up a slugging percentage over a .700 for instance?   Over .800?  He's done it before over a 2 month period.


I also wonder how much coming to the Yankees put pressure on him to excel that he didn't feel in Florida too.   And how much better he'll perform with no crowds.   Will he be more relaxed and in a better place mentally without all the crowd noise?  He looked like he was having as much fun last night as I've ever seen him have since coming here.

10 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 12:05PM #2
JEGnj
Posts: 653

It's only 1 game and he is one of the highest paid players in the game we are stuck with for 9 more years so he better perform. I will root for him to do good because he is a Yankee but I don't think I will ever be a fan of his or him coming to the Bronx.

10 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 1:08PM #3
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 81,583

Have always been a Stanton fan ... looks like this could be his year.

10 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 1:28PM #4
slats7
Posts: 365

Now all we have to do is make sure he never plays in front of fans ever again. Undecided

"They don't boo nobodies." -- Reggie Jackson
10 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 2:12PM #5
bumper
Posts: 8,448

slimmed down & changed his stance a bit. crushed that pitch off scherzer no less and went the other way later. no fans and mostly dh'ing should benefit him. think we should finally see the twin towers this season.

10 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 3:51PM #6
SSBob
Posts: 7,287

Jul 24, 2020 -- 2:12PM, bumper wrote:


slimmed down & changed his stance a bit. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I thought he had opened up a bit, but comparing to last year doesn't seem that much. Looks like maybe he's holding his arms away from his body a bit more which allows him to extend and follow thru better...not the alligator arms we saw last year.


Speaking of "slimmed down"...I barely recognized Voit.

10 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 4:21PM #7
newinn
Posts: 36,649

Jul 24, 2020 -- 3:51PM, SSBob wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 2:12PM, bumper wrote:


slimmed down & changed his stance a bit. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I thought he had opened up a bit, but comparing to last year doesn't seem that much. Looks like maybe he's holding his arms away from his body a bit more which allows him to extend and follow thru better...not the alligator arms we saw last year.


Speaking of "slimmed down"...I barely recognized Voit.




I thought he opened up quite a bit. I noticed it when they started spring training. You're right about Voit and he lost that weight since March

10 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 4:24PM #8
SSBob
Posts: 7,287

Jul 24, 2020 -- 4:21PM, newinn wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 3:51PM, SSBob wrote:


Jul 24, 2020 -- 2:12PM, bumper wrote:


slimmed down & changed his stance a bit. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I thought he had opened up a bit, but comparing to last year doesn't seem that much. Looks like maybe he's holding his arms away from his body a bit more which allows him to extend and follow thru better...not the alligator arms we saw last year.


Speaking of "slimmed down"...I barely recognized Voit.




I thought he opened up quite a bit. I noticed it when they started spring training. You're right about Voit and he lost that weight since March




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I dunno...looked at some video from last year; didn't looked to me that he'd opened up much. I wasn't glued to the set during the game. When I first saw Voit I thought it was Urshela.

10 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 4:46PM #9
Judge
Posts: 5,329

Jul 24, 2020 -- 1:28PM, slats7 wrote:


Now all we have to do is make sure he never plays in front of fans ever again.



Hopefully if he has a monster year as a Yankee he'll feel a lot of the pressure is off of him, and he'll get more love from the fans when they come back.

10 months ago  ::  Jul 24, 2020 - 5:15PM #10
chl45
Posts: 3,032

Jul 24, 2020 -- 2:12PM, bumper wrote:


slimmed down & changed his stance a bit. crushed that pitch off scherzer no less and went the other way later. no fans and mostly dh'ing should benefit him. think we should finally see the twin towers this season.




He did change it and opened it up more and he doesn't look like he is trying to twist his body into the ground. It's sure helped hin so far. He has done this before but sooner or later he does that weird twist stance and he slumps. At least that'sa what I saw from him so far. Hopefully this season he continues like he is because he is a monster right now.

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum