Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Voit !
7 months ago  ::  Aug 19, 2020 - 8:12PM #1
manbot
Posts: 1,171

Sold Yet Newinn ??? 


Never mind is he for real ... he's underrated, a great hitter and what a bargain!


2018 - 2020 


L    Voit - 639 ABs 44 HR 115 RBI .380 OBP .910 OPS (208 Ks)
Stanton - 717 ABs 44 HR 120 RBI .355 OBP .867 OPS (246 Ks) 


Another Yankee who is better than a former MVP!


 

7 months ago  ::  Aug 19, 2020 - 9:54PM #2
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 20,232
Voit is actually the 8th best offensive first baseman in the majors since he became a Yankee.
7 months ago  ::  Aug 21, 2020 - 12:33AM #3
chl45
Posts: 2,754

I think Cole should give him back his number 45. At least Boone didn't take him out of the game in the 7th inning,LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
7 months ago  ::  Aug 21, 2020 - 11:19AM #4
SSBob
Posts: 6,998

I don't recall anyone suggesting Voit wasn't "for real".


The question, before the season started, was how to get ABs for Andujar. Some said to put him in LF...a bad idea IMO, which I and others said at the time. The obvious solution was to give him some time at 1B. Moving from 3B to 1B would've been the least drastic option, and one he should be able to handle. Most of his problems at 3B were with his throws. 


Of course, with both Voit and Ford at 1B, one of them would've had to have been moved if the decision had been made to give Andujar some time at 1B. Some, including myself, said it might be best to keep Ford for his LH bat, and the fact that Voit has a much higher trade value. At the time the talk was just fans spitballing about how the roster might look...no one trashed Voit.  


7 months ago  ::  Aug 26, 2020 - 2:02PM #5
ssmikey07
Posts: 113

Yankees are way too right handed (hitting).

7 months ago  ::  Aug 27, 2020 - 3:21PM #6
manbot
Posts: 1,171

Aug 21, 2020 -- 11:19AM, SSBob wrote:


I don't recall anyone suggesting Voit wasn't "for real".


The question, before the season started, was how to get ABs for Andujar. Some said to put him in LF...a bad idea IMO, which I and others said at the time. The obvious solution was to give him some time at 1B. Moving from 3B to 1B would've been the least drastic option, and one he should be able to handle. Most of his problems at 3B were with his throws. 


Of course, with both Voit and Ford at 1B, one of them would've had to have been moved if the decision had been made to give Andujar some time at 1B. Some, including myself, said it might be best to keep Ford for his LH bat, and the fact that Voit has a much higher trade value. At the time the talk was just fans spitballing about how the roster might look...no one trashed Voit.  






Oh it happened !

7 months ago  ::  Aug 27, 2020 - 3:50PM #7
SSBob
Posts: 6,998

Aug 27, 2020 -- 3:21PM, manbot wrote:


Aug 21, 2020 -- 11:19AM, SSBob wrote:


I don't recall anyone suggesting Voit wasn't "for real".


The question, before the season started, was how to get ABs for Andujar. Some said to put him in LF...a bad idea IMO, which I and others said at the time. The obvious solution was to give him some time at 1B. Moving from 3B to 1B would've been the least drastic option, and one he should be able to handle. Most of his problems at 3B were with his throws. 


Of course, with both Voit and Ford at 1B, one of them would've had to have been moved if the decision had been made to give Andujar some time at 1B. Some, including myself, said it might be best to keep Ford for his LH bat, and the fact that Voit has a much higher trade value. At the time the talk was just fans spitballing about how the roster might look...no one trashed Voit.  




Oh it happened !




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Again...I don't recall anyone trashing Voit. Questioning whether he was "for real" at the beginning of the season is a legitimate question...we speculate on most players.


Sometimes our initial evaluations are correct, sometimes not...like when you predicted Tyler Wade would be 15-20 HR hitter. You win some, you lose some.

7 months ago  ::  Aug 27, 2020 - 6:04PM #8
chl45
Posts: 2,754

Aug 27, 2020 -- 3:50PM, SSBob wrote:


Aug 27, 2020 -- 3:21PM, manbot wrote:


Aug 21, 2020 -- 11:19AM, SSBob wrote:


I don't recall anyone suggesting Voit wasn't "for real".


The question, before the season started, was how to get ABs for Andujar. Some said to put him in LF...a bad idea IMO, which I and others said at the time. The obvious solution was to give him some time at 1B. Moving from 3B to 1B would've been the least drastic option, and one he should be able to handle. Most of his problems at 3B were with his throws. 


Of course, with both Voit and Ford at 1B, one of them would've had to have been moved if the decision had been made to give Andujar some time at 1B. Some, including myself, said it might be best to keep Ford for his LH bat, and the fact that Voit has a much higher trade value. At the time the talk was just fans spitballing about how the roster might look...no one trashed Voit.  




Oh it happened !




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Again...I don't recall anyone trashing Voit. Questioning whether he was "for real" at the beginning of the season is a legitimate question...we speculate on most players.


Sometimes our initial evaluations are correct, sometimes not...like when you predicted Tyler Wade would be 15-20 HR hitter. You win some, you lose some.




 Bob, if I may..I will boast:... and admit what I was wrong about as well.  I don't mean to be forceful on some of my opinions. I just don't really "speculate", and when I do, I say it and it is rare. 


I was right about Luke from a week in when he got here.Wink SO were some others.  I got questioned about it more than anyone however. I was obvious about my liking him and his personality and play, right off.. I didn't change my mind. Same thing about Tauchman, I said he was near a 5 tool player a week or so after he was here. Being right on here, or feeling good about a new player will get you questioned on everything you say. "Small sample size" is the safe, favorite cop out, for people who won't have an opinion on a new player.


Speculation is fine if you say that is what you are doing. Some just out right called me and others out on Luke and some other new players and changes. Like it is against some Yankee fan rules or something. lol... Afraid to say someone will be a good player and starter.. That way if he sucks they look like they were right, and if he does well, they will say they never thought he WOULDN'T, make it they just wanted to have a larger "sample size".  Playin safe is not my style. 


Some on here lay in wait for someone to make a mistake seemingly, or say something from the gut and they hope you are wrong. It makes them feel good I guess. Like it is going to crush your soul. It's sad really. I was right about them not signing Didi but before it happened, people said I was a Didi hater. OMG.. Even after I said I liked Didi..they accused me of lying about liking him. Because I said he will NOT be resigned that meant I hated him..LMAO..


I also said DJL will never take over 1st base from Voit and he shouldn't but he is good at playing there when Luke is on the IL... Right again.  Andujar will not take it over either.. 1'st base that is..right again..He is going to beat out Luke? He lost his job at 3rd for God sakes..Torres would be at SS in 2020. Right again.  Doesn't matter he is struggling a bit there, that is where he is..Urschela will be our 3rd baseman for 2020, right again, at least for now :)


Same with Ford, he will be back up for Luke and DH. Well I could be wrong there and I will man up to it. Ford looks like he has been figured out by the pitchers. But that is exactly why he is here. Others said Frazier would have the roster spot. Where did they send Frazier at first?? Yeah, thought so. If Ford bounces back and makes an adjustment good, if not I missed that one.


Same with Hicks, I said he wouldn't be resigned, same with Gardner I said he wouldn't be resigned. Well I was WRONG with all that. LIKE YOU SAID BOB, sometimes right,  sometimes WRONG. At least I always have an opinion and state it. Sure makes for good feed back from posters good or bad, at least it is feedback which is what this message board is. I enjoy it. It is why I am on here. I don't think there is anyone posting now that is a troll like years past, so it's all Yankee fans opinions. Not everyone has and says their opinions or statements the same way. What I find sort of funny is that people that call me out ignore me or my posts when I am right and then when I am wrong they jump on it. Ya just can't please everyone. 

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
7 months ago  ::  Aug 27, 2020 - 6:47PM #9
manbot
Posts: 1,171

Aug 27, 2020 -- 3:50PM, SSBob wrote:


Aug 27, 2020 -- 3:21PM, manbot wrote:


Aug 21, 2020 -- 11:19AM, SSBob wrote:


I don't recall anyone suggesting Voit wasn't "for real".


The question, before the season started, was how to get ABs for Andujar. Some said to put him in LF...a bad idea IMO, which I and others said at the time. The obvious solution was to give him some time at 1B. Moving from 3B to 1B would've been the least drastic option, and one he should be able to handle. Most of his problems at 3B were with his throws. 


Of course, with both Voit and Ford at 1B, one of them would've had to have been moved if the decision had been made to give Andujar some time at 1B. Some, including myself, said it might be best to keep Ford for his LH bat, and the fact that Voit has a much higher trade value. At the time the talk was just fans spitballing about how the roster might look...no one trashed Voit.  




Oh it happened !




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Again...I don't recall anyone trashing Voit. Questioning whether he was "for real" at the beginning of the season is a legitimate question...we speculate on most players.


Sometimes our initial evaluations are correct, sometimes not...like when you predicted Tyler Wade would be 15-20 HR hitter. You win some, you lose some.




Yeah but that never happened. I will however give you 48 hours to find a thread in which I said that.


If you find it great ... I'll admit I was wrong 


If you can not however I will have to politely ask you to shut your pie hole 


Clocks ticking 

7 months ago  ::  Aug 27, 2020 - 7:02PM #10
SSBob
Posts: 6,998

Aug 27, 2020 -- 6:47PM, manbot wrote:


Aug 27, 2020 -- 3:50PM, SSBob wrote:


Aug 27, 2020 -- 3:21PM, manbot wrote:


Aug 21, 2020 -- 11:19AM, SSBob wrote:


I don't recall anyone suggesting Voit wasn't "for real".


The question, before the season started, was how to get ABs for Andujar. Some said to put him in LF...a bad idea IMO, which I and others said at the time. The obvious solution was to give him some time at 1B. Moving from 3B to 1B would've been the least drastic option, and one he should be able to handle. Most of his problems at 3B were with his throws. 


Of course, with both Voit and Ford at 1B, one of them would've had to have been moved if the decision had been made to give Andujar some time at 1B. Some, including myself, said it might be best to keep Ford for his LH bat, and the fact that Voit has a much higher trade value. At the time the talk was just fans spitballing about how the roster might look...no one trashed Voit.  




Oh it happened !




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Again...I don't recall anyone trashing Voit. Questioning whether he was "for real" at the beginning of the season is a legitimate question...we speculate on most players.


Sometimes our initial evaluations are correct, sometimes not...like when you predicted Tyler Wade would be 15-20 HR hitter. You win some, you lose some.




Yeah but that never happened. I will however give you 48 hours to find a thread in which I said that.


If you find it great ... I'll admit I was wrong 


If you can not however I will have to politely ask you to shut your pie hole 


Clocks ticking 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


You posted it repeatedly on the old YMB under your previous name...QimQam. But, I can certainly understand that you want to deny saying something as dumb as that.


Oh...and I'll post as much and as long as I want...Qimmy.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum