Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 19 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next
Luke Voit
4 months ago  ::  Oct 16, 2020 - 10:33PM #181
davis2
Posts: 18,494

Oct 16, 2020 -- 2:00PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 1:58PM, jimwest wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 1:11PM, Chuck wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 12:57PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 12:50PM, Chuck wrote:


Luke Voit has a career .214 batting average in the playoffs. 




The discussion was about the 2020 season not the playoffs. What was the team batting average in the 2020 playoffs if you don't mind me asking. I'd be curious about that. I looked but couldn't find it.




The discussion was about the 2020 season not the playoffs. What was Luke Voit's batting average in the 2020 playoffs if you don't mind me asking? I am not curious about that. I looked and found it. 




In the playoffs, Voit batted .429 in the 2020 ALWC series, .111 in the ALDS.


Judge batted .111 in the WC series, .143 in the DS.


Voit had a better WC series than Judge, AJ had 3 HR's in the WC/DS, Voit had 1 HR. Neither was productive overall in the DS.


Not sure why we are having this discussion. I like both players. It isn't an either/or dynamic.




Chl made it either or by saying that Voit could be the face of the franchise when we all know that with the Judge's Corners, Judge has already been bestowed that honor.


You also fail to state that Judge had 3 homeruns all of which were clutch ... doesn't show in the numbers you put out.  Voit had one homerun ... the homerun leader couldn't get it done in the playoffs.



CHL asked if Voit was becoming the face. I looked. It's funny how you two dig in your heels and argue, classic!!!

4 months ago  ::  Oct 16, 2020 - 10:38PM #182
davis2
Posts: 18,494

Oct 16, 2020 -- 2:32PM, chl45 wrote:


OMG can anyone read for comprehension on here??? No one pitted anyone against another. I asked a question. Has Luke Voit become the face of the Yankees. All of it in regard to the damn media interviewing him on ESPN and 4 other stations the past few days. What the hell is with the twisting the whole idea of the post anyway? Are you people that hateful of me that you actually ignore what I write and try and make mountains out of molehills? Jesus chill the f out! Learn what the hell something means that is written and the context of the entire meaning behind the post. Something wrong somewhere with some of you. Some of you are twisting the meaning what I said. It is about Luke being interviewed more than the other players most likely because the Yankees are called the Bronx bombers and Luke won the HR title. Holy cow!!! Never mind.



But sometimes you put so much into it you come across as obsessed. Now I know you're going to go off, but i said COME ACROSS AS, not that you are.  That's what I see.

4 months ago  ::  Oct 16, 2020 - 10:40PM #183
davis2
Posts: 18,494

Oct 16, 2020 -- 2:35PM, SSBob wrote:


Gio's my wife's favorite player...she thinks he's cute. My sister-in-law loved Pettitte...primarily because of the way he peered over his glove when getting the signs.



My wife's guy was Tino...

4 months ago  ::  Oct 16, 2020 - 10:42PM #184
davis2
Posts: 18,494

Oct 16, 2020 -- 2:47PM, newinn wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 2:32PM, chl45 wrote:


OMG can anyone read for comprehension on here??? No one pitted anyone against another. I asked a question. Has Luke Voit become the face of the Yankees. All of it in regard to the damn media interviewing him on ESPN and 4 other stations the past few days. What the hell is with the twisting the whole idea of the post anyway? Are you people that hateful of me that you actually ignore what I write and try and make mountains out of molehills? Jesus chill the f out! Learn what the hell something means that is written and the context of the entire meaning behind the post. Something wrong somewhere with some of you. Some of you are twisting the meaning what I said. It is about Luke being interviewed more than the other players most likely because the Yankees are called the Bronx bombers and Luke won the HR title. Holy cow!!! Never mind.




the entire meaning is you want to continue to make Luke out to be some kind of superstar so you can pat yourself on the back for being the first one to spot it. I believe that is the context of these "ain't Luke just peachy keen" posts. That's the way I see it. Maybe I'm worng but to me that how it appears




He does come on strong about his likes and dislikes...  But I like every player on the roster, THEY WEAR THE PINSTRIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 months ago  ::  Oct 16, 2020 - 10:42PM #185
jimwest
Posts: 3,244

Oct 16, 2020 -- 10:31PM, davis2 wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 1:54PM, SSBob wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 1:44PM, newinn wrote:


All I know is I have something enjoyable to watch almost every night from March tthrough some part of Oct. Winning the World Series is just the icing on a very beautiful cake. Life is good




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Agreed. I must admit that I don't get anywhere near as excited or down, win or lose, as I used to...especially this year. When the Rays knocked the Yanks out my reaction was...oh well, c'est la vie.


As a lifelong, dyed-in-the-wool Yankee fan, first and foremost I am and always have been a fan of the game of baseball...from youth leagues up thru MLB. Of course it's more exciting when the Yanks are playing, but I'll still watch and enjoy the post-season regardless of who's in it.



Are you secretly hoping the Asstros beat the Rays like I am? I'm embarrassed, but I gotta be honest...



I dislike and disrespect the Astros for their cheating. But I'll admit I'm rooting for Houston to finish the comeback in this ALCS.


Two reasons:


First, the way Tampa was basically mocking the Yankees this year, Kevin Cash's inappropriate accusations, and his threats. I never like any of that, for my team included. Show your opponent respect, show class in victory, act like your've been there before. Don't make slanderous accusations you have no proof of, and don't threaten to intentionally throw at batters.


Second, the Yanks were the only team to lose a 3-0 lead in MLB history. I'd like to see that happen to another team, to take some of the stigma out of it, us being the only team. I've been rooting for another MLB team, any team, to make an 0-3 comeback ever since we lost in 2004.

4 months ago  ::  Oct 16, 2020 - 10:45PM #186
davis2
Posts: 18,494

Oct 16, 2020 -- 5:16PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 5:07PM, jimwest wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 5:01PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 4:55PM, jimwest wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 2:46PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 2:43PM, jimwest wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 2:00PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 1:58PM, jimwest wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 1:11PM, Chuck wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 12:57PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 12:50PM, Chuck wrote:


Luke Voit has a career .214 batting average in the playoffs. 




The discussion was about the 2020 season not the playoffs. What was the team batting average in the 2020 playoffs if you don't mind me asking. I'd be curious about that. I looked but couldn't find it.




The discussion was about the 2020 season not the playoffs. What was Luke Voit's batting average in the 2020 playoffs if you don't mind me asking? I am not curious about that. I looked and found it. 




In the playoffs, Voit batted .429 in the 2020 ALWC series, .111 in the ALDS.


Judge batted .111 in the WC series, .143 in the DS.


Voit had a better WC series than Judge, AJ had 3 HR's in the WC/DS, Voit had 1 HR. Neither was productive overall in the DS.


Not sure why we are having this discussion. I like both players. It isn't an either/or dynamic.




Chl made it either or by saying that Voit could be the face of the franchise when we all know that with the Judge's Corners, Judge has already been bestowed that honor.


You also fail to state that Judge had 3 homeruns all of which were clutch ... doesn't show in the numbers you put out.  Voit had one homerun ... the homerun leader couldn't get it done in the playoffs.




In the WC series, Judge hit a 2 run homer in the first inning of game 1. That was his only hit in the 2 games. While I see that HR as valuable, I don't see a first inning homer as clutch.


Voit did get it done in the ALWC, batting .429. It isn't all about home runs, other hits and walks count as well. Frankly, if it wasn't for Voit (and DJLM) carrying the team while Stanton and Judge were out a long time with injuries, the Yankees would have finished behind Toronto, maybe even Houston. 




Why don't you talk about the other two home runs Judge hit ... they don't exist?


Batting average doesn't mean as much as it once did ... it's when you get the hits that counts.


I'm glad Voit had a good season, just didn't like the question is he now the face of the franchise ... that's going too far in my opinion.



I don't agree about BA. I know there are other analytics focused on more often, but a .200 hitter is still lousy, and a .300 hitter is still good. I'll take the .300 hitter over the .200 any time.


I didn't mention Judge's other homers, as they were obviously more impactful. I am not demeaning AJ in any way, I like him a lot as a player and a person. I  am strongly hoping he stays healthy, puts up numbers like he is capable of, and possibly become the next Yankees captain, if he is signed long term. And I am a bit more partial to homegrown Yankees, such as Judge, to begin with.


AJ remains the face of the Yankees imo. But I also have liked and appreciated what Voit has done for the Yanks. He has been a great find, and has given us the power hitting first sacker we have lacked.




I like Voit too ... just didn't like how chl tried to put a focus on him that he doesn't deserve.  He's not the face of the Yankees.




Some fans just have favorite players, for whatever personal reason. chl has been a Voit fan I think from the get go.




Still doesn't give him the right to come out and try to justify Voit being the face of the franchise ... I would think the Yankees already bestowed that honor on Judge with the Judge's chambers ... teams don't do something like that for nothing.



Nothing wrong with advocating for a favorite player. CHL just goes about it strongly.

4 months ago  ::  Oct 16, 2020 - 10:47PM #187
davis2
Posts: 18,494

Oct 16, 2020 -- 10:42PM, jimwest wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 10:31PM, davis2 wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 1:54PM, SSBob wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 1:44PM, newinn wrote:


All I know is I have something enjoyable to watch almost every night from March tthrough some part of Oct. Winning the World Series is just the icing on a very beautiful cake. Life is good




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Agreed. I must admit that I don't get anywhere near as excited or down, win or lose, as I used to...especially this year. When the Rays knocked the Yanks out my reaction was...oh well, c'est la vie.


As a lifelong, dyed-in-the-wool Yankee fan, first and foremost I am and always have been a fan of the game of baseball...from youth leagues up thru MLB. Of course it's more exciting when the Yanks are playing, but I'll still watch and enjoy the post-season regardless of who's in it.



Are you secretly hoping the Asstros beat the Rays like I am? I'm embarrassed, but I gotta be honest...



I dislike and disrespect the Astros for their cheating. But I'll admit I'm rooting for Houston to finish the comeback in this ALCS.


Two reasons:


First, the way Tampa was basically mocking the Yankees this year, Kevin Cash' inappropriate accusations, and his threats. I never like any of that, even for my teams. Show your opponent respect, show class in victory, act like your've been there before. Don't make slanderous accusations you have no proof of, and don't threaten to intentionally throw at batters.


Second, the Yanks were the only team to lose a 3-0 lead in MLB history. I'd like to see that happen to another team, to take some of the stigma out of it, us being the only team. I've been rooting for another MLB team, any team, to make an 0-3 comeback ever since we lost in 2004.



Like your reasoning... I was watching, and just naturally started to feel that way. All the Rays BS made me lean that way, I guess...

4 months ago  ::  Oct 17, 2020 - 11:28AM #188
bumper
Posts: 8,180

Oct 16, 2020 -- 12:28PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:37AM, bumper wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:31AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 11:42PM, bumper wrote:


judge had a lousy post-season but just his presence in the lineup energizes the team. pitchers pitch more carefully to him which helps the othr guys maybe get better pitches. fwiw, all 3 HRs he hit were pretty important.




He had a better post-season than Voit ... and he was not up to par due to still coming back from injury ... those were my points.




i agree mo. my post was to address some of the judge "bashing" that was going on. like i said, all 3 of his HRs had an impact and even if he's struggling, he's a player that makes an impact.




Would you mind pointing out where there was  so much Judge bashing going on in a thread about Luke Voit? Also the start of this recent discussion was asked as a question not a fact. See, that's what "Has" at the beginning of a sentence that ends with a question mark means. Not a statement of fact, a question. Questions lead to discussions so that was my reason for new discussion, onj Luke... not to "bash" Judge. I only found one line out of all that copy where I said that Judge Stanton and Sanchez were not living up to their expectations. Now, I can further explain why I said that.


First I didn't single out Judge he was mentioned in a line with two other Guys that I feel are underachieving. No need to explain about Sanchez unless you are blind. Stanton and Judge's numbers are what I looked at. Of course they are lower than Voit's 2020 numbers which is what  the later parts of this Voit thread was about. Their numbers are low because as we all know, they were on the IL. Therefore you cannot help your team if you are on IL and I am sure they feel bad about that, but...they underachieved in their expected production compared to what Luke Voit did while playing with a sore foot.


Trying to minimize the fact that Voit playing with a sore foot was no big deal made me laugh a little. If that were Judge or Stanton that did that would have been medal worthy and they would already be fitted for their statue's in monument park. They are both better hitters than Luke Voit and certainly Judge is in a class by himself when it comes to defense when it comes to Stanton Sanchez or Voit, no contest. My point was directed at their offensive numbers compared to Voit's. Let's be fair here. You don't play, you under achieved compared to numbers you were expected to have for the season. Luke and DJ did more than their part even forgetting about Voit playing hurt WHICH HE COULD HAVE ASKED TO BE "RESTED" on the IL if he wanted to. Yes running all out weighing over 200 pounds to first base on a sore foot approximately 2 dozen times is no big deal unless it is a player who did something great in a playoff game in the past, right? C'mon with that nonsense. Good talk.



looks like i missed another fun day ...


i did put the "bashing" in quotes so i was playing with the word a bit. but having read LOTS of your stuff, my interpretation (and apparently others shared the same view) was that you were taking a little dig at judge and by simply "asking" the question, that was your inference. we get it, voit is your guy. think we've all gotten the message LOUD and clear.


i love voit. the guy is as tough as nails, a gamer and hope he has a long illustrious yankee career. on the other hand, in the present, judge IS the face of the team and the guy they want in that "coveted" 2nd spot in the lineup. he's a guy, they want coming up in the 9th with the game on the line and it's gonna take a lot more than 8-9 games coming off an injury to dislodge him. that's not how baseball works.


i root for every yankee whether it's DJ, judge, voit, or hated guys like stanton, sanchez, chapman or fringe guys like wade, estrada and nelson. they're my team and i want all of them to succeed and am happy when they do so.


btw george saying that any season we don't win the WS is a failure is BS. for george, ever being the promoter, it was just a bunch of hyperbole, a marketing catch phrase or slogan and has forever tainted the more entitled yankee fan. in fact it's the goal of every team, but it's pretty damn hard to do.


agree with new. the yankees continued success over the last 25 years has been impressive. the team has been at least competitive every season and most seasons competing in the post-season with a chance to win it all. a WS win is the cherry on top. i'm engaged and entertained for 7-8 months a year. can't ask for more than that ...

4 months ago  ::  Oct 17, 2020 - 1:38PM #189
manbot
Posts: 1,145

Oct 15, 2020 -- 6:52PM, Judge wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 6:10PM, manbot wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 5:27PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 5:23PM, chl45 wrote:


Has Luke Voit become the new face or voice of the Yankees? Ever since the Playoffs ended for the Yankees Luke has been interviewed at length by ESPN, TBS, and MLB Network and the Rays Sunshine Network. SO have a few others like DJ and I even saw Stanton a few times. But mainly it has been Luke and I got an ESPN notification early this afternnon with Luke talking about the Rays and the "Bronx Bombers" and how lucky he is to be hitting with guys like that and how he "stopped taking BP with them because he is being embarrassed by how far Stanton and Judge are hitting balls." I think his personality plays well on air interviews. Maybe Judge is to busy making his commercials which he has gotten 100% better at doingand to hard to get to interview.




Luke is promoting himself ... he's not the new face of the Yankees by far.




But he is and he's earned it ... I cant think of anyone on this team who deserves to be the face of the Yankees any more than Voit and here is why 

  • He has been the best offensive player on the Yankees for the last 3 season 
  • He's played with as much fire and leadership as anyone on this team. 
  • And he has played admirably through injuries something that most Yankees do not do 

Luke should be named Captain of this team.




He only played in 39 games in 2018.  That season I'd say guys like Andujar, Stanton and Judge were the most valuable offensively.


in 2019 DJLM was much better and played in more games.   Wasn't even close.   


Even this year DJ was better measured by OPS/OPS+.   One hit the most home runs, the other won a batting title.    I'd take either one gladly.


Voit has give the Yankees the most bang for the $$ and he's done a lot to help the team for sure.   But let's not go crazy.




OK and I'm talking about the last 3 years combined ... You could make an argument Judge has been better but He hasnt been as productive as Voit 


No one has heen better offensively than Voit over the last 3 season period !  And it's not even debatable so stop your nonsense ... Not mention he has done that while playing through injuries.


The only Yankee that realized bulking up is not good for baseball and did something about it 

4 months ago  ::  Oct 17, 2020 - 1:47PM #190
manbot
Posts: 1,145

Oct 15, 2020 -- 7:03PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 6:53PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 5:54PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 5:37PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 5:27PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 5:23PM, chl45 wrote:


Has Luke Voit become the new face or voice of the Yankees? Ever since the Playoffs ended for the Yankees Luke has been interviewed at length by ESPN, TBS, and MLB Network and the Rays Sunshine Network. SO have a few others like DJ and I even saw Stanton a few times. But mainly it has been Luke and I got an ESPN notification early this afternnon with Luke talking about the Rays and the "Bronx Bombers" and how lucky he is to be hitting with guys like that and how he "stopped taking BP with them because he is being embarrassed by how far Stanton and Judge are hitting balls." I think his personality plays well on air interviews. Maybe Judge is to busy making his commercials which he has gotten 100% better at doingand to hard to get to interview.




Luke is promoting himself ... he's not the new face of the Yankees by far.




lol....How is he promoting himself?? That means he or his agent are going to ESPN and the other networks to volunteer information on the questions they are asking him? That is a little bit of a stretch to think that. I only asked if he was "becoming the face or voice, I didn't say he was. ." and a team with the knickname the "Bronx Bombers", it would only stand to reason they would want to talk to the present homerun king of that team AND all of baseball for 2020 short season or not, it is news. I think it makes sense they went looking for him, no? Plus when the Yankees are not in the playoffs or WS, well...  the thousands and thousands of national Yankeee fans are  NOT watching much baseball now, are they? Talking to the HR king is one way to get some more viewers I would think. Just sayin.




I think calling someone a homerun KING after ony 60 games is quite ridiculous ... and I do believe he could be letting it known that he is open for interviews ... not so hard to believe ... pretty much on the same road as Cashman not telling the truth when he told everyone that Boone makes his own line-ups.




Don't get the Voit hate by people who just don't get it. Is it most of you all said when he first got here he hadn't proved himself YET, too early to tell?  Is it because some of you said he would fail and when he didn't you are disappointed you were wrong because you wanted who?? Who... DJ to play first base ???....and he is at 2nd where I said he would be and if he is resigned that's where he will be?


Because maybe you all wanted Didi to be here and Luke gone  so the Yankees could  switch around the whole infield? Because we can't have what you all think is the ideal situation with Torres on second where he has made as many mistakes there as he has at SS just about or at least to many for a all star 2nd baseman like you all think he is..


Hating on a guy who played hurt all season and did more than any Yankee except for DJ and they all played the same amount of games as Luke and DJ or had chances to play as many but their frail bodies went limp AGAIN and they went on the IL while Luke played though a bad foot? Just what is the reason you all love Judge and Stanton and Sanchez who all are well below their expectations and can't stay on the field and Luke just keeps on doing his thing smiling the whole time while nursing a sore foot.


Is that fair to say he isn't the home run King when he is. Who do you want to be the home run king, your favorite player? Jesus some of you just make no sense. The guy with his 2nd baseman got the Yankees to the playoffs and that's the end of the 2020 season. Next season Judge and Stanton and Sanchez and Torres will have another opportunity to live up to their so far un successful 2020 expectations and wait for their 2021 production along side Luke then you all can gloat if they are better at hitting their projected production. Right now Luke has exceeded his, be grateful. BTW I will add whoever wrote that TRADE Luke Article needs to switch his Meds. He should have wrote about what the Yankees will offer Luke for his next contract.




Never said I hated Luke ... that came out of your mouth because I said one 60 game season does not make him the face of the Yankees ... he hit one homerun in the post-season ... we usually judge Yankees by the post-season ... and even Judge who was out a whole lot and hadn't really had time to get his timing down did better in the post-season.  


Yes Luke hit well in 60 games ... when he does it in 162 games, talk to me.




Voit over 3 years and 213 games as a Yankee  has 57 HRs 147 RBIs a .915 OPS ... Thats higher than Stantons career in Miami and certainly better  than Stantons blah 45 HRs and 124  RIBI .860 OPS in the same 3 years as a Yankee  ... Almost exactly the same # of ABs 


Page 19 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum