Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 21 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next
Luke Voit
4 months ago  ::  Oct 18, 2020 - 9:39AM #201
bomberhojoe
Posts: 15,280
If someone doesn't have a favorite player, then I could see them being most enamored with the "player of the game". I have not always liked every Yankee (Reggie Jackson, Alex Rodriguez, Roger Clemens come to mind). But I always root for every Yankee and want them to be successful. At the end of the day we each are drawn to players for various reasons and unless your favorite player is on the Red Sox, bang the drum all you want.

For someone who has only posted a handful of times this season, you'd think I could come up with something a bit more profound.
John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
4 months ago  ::  Oct 18, 2020 - 10:04AM #202
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 81,125

Oct 17, 2020 -- 10:22PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 17, 2020 -- 11:28AM, bumper wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 12:28PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:37AM, bumper wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:31AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 11:42PM, bumper wrote:


judge had a lousy post-season but just his presence in the lineup energizes the team. pitchers pitch more carefully to him which helps the othr guys maybe get better pitches. fwiw, all 3 HRs he hit were pretty important.




He had a better post-season than Voit ... and he was not up to par due to still coming back from injury ... those were my points.




i agree mo. my post was to address some of the judge "bashing" that was going on. like i said, all 3 of his HRs had an impact and even if he's struggling, he's a player that makes an impact.




Would you mind pointing out where there was  so much Judge bashing going on in a thread about Luke Voit? Also the start of this recent discussion was asked as a question not a fact. See, that's what "Has" at the beginning of a sentence that ends with a question mark means. Not a statement of fact, a question. Questions lead to discussions so that was my reason for new discussion, onj Luke... not to "bash" Judge. I only found one line out of all that copy where I said that Judge Stanton and Sanchez were not living up to their expectations. Now, I can further explain why I said that.


First I didn't single out Judge he was mentioned in a line with two other Guys that I feel are underachieving. No need to explain about Sanchez unless you are blind. Stanton and Judge's numbers are what I looked at. Of course they are lower than Voit's 2020 numbers which is what  the later parts of this Voit thread was about. Their numbers are low because as we all know, they were on the IL. Therefore you cannot help your team if you are on IL and I am sure they feel bad about that, but...they underachieved in their expected production compared to what Luke Voit did while playing with a sore foot.


Trying to minimize the fact that Voit playing with a sore foot was no big deal made me laugh a little. If that were Judge or Stanton that did that would have been medal worthy and they would already be fitted for their statue's in monument park. They are both better hitters than Luke Voit and certainly Judge is in a class by himself when it comes to defense when it comes to Stanton Sanchez or Voit, no contest. My point was directed at their offensive numbers compared to Voit's. Let's be fair here. You don't play, you under achieved compared to numbers you were expected to have for the season. Luke and DJ did more than their part even forgetting about Voit playing hurt WHICH HE COULD HAVE ASKED TO BE "RESTED" on the IL if he wanted to. Yes running all out weighing over 200 pounds to first base on a sore foot approximately 2 dozen times is no big deal unless it is a player who did something great in a playoff game in the past, right? C'mon with that nonsense. Good talk.



looks like i missed another fun day ...


i did put the "bashing" in quotes so i was playing with the word a bit. but having read LOTS of your stuff, my interpretation (and apparently others shared the same view) was that you were taking a little dig at judge and by simply "asking" the question, that was your inference. we get it, voit is your guy. think we've all gotten the message LOUD and clear.


i love voit. the guy is as tough as nails, a gamer and hope he has a long illustrious yankee career. on the other hand, in the present, judge IS the face of the team and the guy they want in that "coveted" 2nd spot in the lineup. he's a guy, they want coming up in the 9th with the game on the line and it's gonna take a lot more than 8-9 games coming off an injury to dislodge him. that's not how baseball works.


i root for every yankee whether it's DJ, judge, voit, or hated guys like stanton, sanchez, chapman or fringe guys like wade, estrada and nelson. they're my team and i want all of them to succeed and am happy when they do so.


btw george saying that any season we don't win the WS is a failure is BS. for george, ever being the promoter, it was just a bunch of hyperbole, a marketing catch phrase or slogan and has forever tainted the more entitled yankee fan. in fact it's the goal of every team, but it's pretty damn hard to do.


agree with new. the yankees continued success over the last 25 years has been impressive. the team has been at least competitive every season and most seasons competing in the post-season with a chance to win it all. a WS win is the cherry on top. i'm engaged and entertained for 7-8 months a year. can't ask for more than that ...




Bumper there are a FEW people on here I look for to see what they post or what thread they start. I find you all interesting in different ways.  You are one of them. Jim West and Yankoldfan is as well.  Davis is another and Newinn even though he is an old grouch and stinks at golf. lol.. (I'm kidding New). We argue but we also have some good conversations. I get along with some others but I will just say this.


I posted the question about "HAS Luke" when I did because ESPN had  just done a nice interview with him that I saw, and the day before I saw Mark DeRosa who pimps Luke info and hits or HRS, all the time on MLB Network and calls him the Honkey Tonk Man and always gets a kick out of the way Luke plays the game.  I  also saw a Luke Interview running on TBS about three times in one day in a sort of commercial for the playoffs, and then on Sunshine Network a Florida Rays station they talked about him in a segment and showed some of his home runs during the season. So I was like.. what is up, are they making this guy the hot new Yankee hitter? The guy to watch?


SO I made a comment about it and worded it the way I did. Why did that seem so bad that it caused a damn message board avalanche of hate on me? SO ridiculous. I know why it's because of who opened their mouth about it and I'm tired of people playing favorites with certain posters due to their longevity on here. It's too crazy to believe sometimes.


I liked Luke ever since he got here and  he became a player I loved to watch him get up to the plate. He's tough, and plays hardball and has a great personality for Baseball.  Anyway For some reason Mo who always starts arguments with me and anyone she decides has offended the Yankees or one of their players, got a little to personal and absolutely missed the entire meaning of that post.


I come on too strong I get that, but that's me. If anyone doesn't like it or get it then they should block me or ignore me because their opinions or their loyalty to the Yankees are no more important  or stronger than mine and I never chase one of their posts to see if I disagree with it and start a damn riot over it. Best of all why did I have to defend myself over it because some who read it can't understand what they read?


Anyway, I read what you wrote there and I appreciate what you said. I don't entirely disagree with it. As for Judge being the face of the Yankees, of course he is. However he won nothing so why would they talk about him why would I? Luke and DJ are the BMOC right now and they deserved the attention. DJ had a few interviews also but he is quiet and shy so because Luke has that big smile and personality and that is what the media looks for so Luke was the man for a few days. The guy deserved it for sticking it out and playing all season even with his bad foot. SO I gave him, my favorite player, some attention also. I like all the Yankees every last one of them that ever played for them also! But I have and had favorites!  Wow, what a bad guy I am to some people. 





LOL ... another storybook, instead of just letting sleeping dogs lie.


Newinn called your post out for what it was ... just another look at me and how great I am story.   But you try to point fingers and make this about me.  You're a real crybaby at times.


Fact of the matter is we've all had disagreements over the years ... and we move on ... we don't come back 48 hours later and try to start the argument up all over again.  As far as I'm concerned I'm finished with this ... this was yesterday's news.

4 months ago  ::  Oct 18, 2020 - 10:17AM #203
newinn
Posts: 36,412

Oct 17, 2020 -- 10:22PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 17, 2020 -- 11:28AM, bumper wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 12:28PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:37AM, bumper wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:31AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 11:42PM, bumper wrote:


judge had a lousy post-season but just his presence in the lineup energizes the team. pitchers pitch more carefully to him which helps the othr guys maybe get better pitches. fwiw, all 3 HRs he hit were pretty important.




He had a better post-season than Voit ... and he was not up to par due to still coming back from injury ... those were my points.




i agree mo. my post was to address some of the judge "bashing" that was going on. like i said, all 3 of his HRs had an impact and even if he's struggling, he's a player that makes an impact.




Would you mind pointing out where there was  so much Judge bashing going on in a thread about Luke Voit? Also the start of this recent discussion was asked as a question not a fact. See, that's what "Has" at the beginning of a sentence that ends with a question mark means. Not a statement of fact, a question. Questions lead to discussions so that was my reason for new discussion, onj Luke... not to "bash" Judge. I only found one line out of all that copy where I said that Judge Stanton and Sanchez were not living up to their expectations. Now, I can further explain why I said that.


First I didn't single out Judge he was mentioned in a line with two other Guys that I feel are underachieving. No need to explain about Sanchez unless you are blind. Stanton and Judge's numbers are what I looked at. Of course they are lower than Voit's 2020 numbers which is what  the later parts of this Voit thread was about. Their numbers are low because as we all know, they were on the IL. Therefore you cannot help your team if you are on IL and I am sure they feel bad about that, but...they underachieved in their expected production compared to what Luke Voit did while playing with a sore foot.


Trying to minimize the fact that Voit playing with a sore foot was no big deal made me laugh a little. If that were Judge or Stanton that did that would have been medal worthy and they would already be fitted for their statue's in monument park. They are both better hitters than Luke Voit and certainly Judge is in a class by himself when it comes to defense when it comes to Stanton Sanchez or Voit, no contest. My point was directed at their offensive numbers compared to Voit's. Let's be fair here. You don't play, you under achieved compared to numbers you were expected to have for the season. Luke and DJ did more than their part even forgetting about Voit playing hurt WHICH HE COULD HAVE ASKED TO BE "RESTED" on the IL if he wanted to. Yes running all out weighing over 200 pounds to first base on a sore foot approximately 2 dozen times is no big deal unless it is a player who did something great in a playoff game in the past, right? C'mon with that nonsense. Good talk.



looks like i missed another fun day ...


i did put the "bashing" in quotes so i was playing with the word a bit. but having read LOTS of your stuff, my interpretation (and apparently others shared the same view) was that you were taking a little dig at judge and by simply "asking" the question, that was your inference. we get it, voit is your guy. think we've all gotten the message LOUD and clear.


i love voit. the guy is as tough as nails, a gamer and hope he has a long illustrious yankee career. on the other hand, in the present, judge IS the face of the team and the guy they want in that "coveted" 2nd spot in the lineup. he's a guy, they want coming up in the 9th with the game on the line and it's gonna take a lot more than 8-9 games coming off an injury to dislodge him. that's not how baseball works.


i root for every yankee whether it's DJ, judge, voit, or hated guys like stanton, sanchez, chapman or fringe guys like wade, estrada and nelson. they're my team and i want all of them to succeed and am happy when they do so.


btw george saying that any season we don't win the WS is a failure is BS. for george, ever being the promoter, it was just a bunch of hyperbole, a marketing catch phrase or slogan and has forever tainted the more entitled yankee fan. in fact it's the goal of every team, but it's pretty damn hard to do.


agree with new. the yankees continued success over the last 25 years has been impressive. the team has been at least competitive every season and most seasons competing in the post-season with a chance to win it all. a WS win is the cherry on top. i'm engaged and entertained for 7-8 months a year. can't ask for more than that ...




Bumper there are a FEW people on here I look for to see what they post or what thread they start. I find you all interesting in different ways.  You are one of them. Jim West and Yankoldfan is as well.  Davis is another and Newinn even though he is an old grouch and stinks at golf. lol.. (I'm kidding New). We argue but we also have some good conversations. I get along with some others but I will just say this.


I posted the question about "HAS Luke" when I did because ESPN had  just done a nice interview with him that I saw, and the day before I saw Mark DeRosa who pimps Luke info and hits or HRS, all the time on MLB Network and calls him the Honkey Tonk Man and always gets a kick out of the way Luke plays the game.  I  also saw a Luke Interview running on TBS about three times in one day in a sort of commercial for the playoffs, and then on Sunshine Network a Florida Rays station they talked about him in a segment and showed some of his home runs during the season. So I was like.. what is up, are they making this guy the hot new Yankee hitter? The guy to watch?


SO I made a comment about it and worded it the way I did. Why did that seem so bad that it caused a damn message board avalanche of hate on me? SO ridiculous. I know why it's because of who opened their mouth about it and I'm tired of people playing favorites with certain posters due to their longevity on here. It's too crazy to believe sometimes.


I liked Luke ever since he got here and  he became a player I loved to watch him get up to the plate. He's tough, and plays hardball and has a great personality for Baseball.  Anyway For some reason Mo who always starts arguments with me and anyone she decides has offended the Yankees or one of their players, got a little to personal and absolutely missed the entire meaning of that post.


I come on too strong I get that, but that's me. If anyone doesn't like it or get it then they should block me or ignore me because their opinions or their loyalty to the Yankees are no more important  or stronger than mine and I never chase one of their posts to see if I disagree with it and start a damn riot over it. Best of all why did I have to defend myself over it because some who read it can't understand what they read?


Anyway, I read what you wrote there and I appreciate what you said. I don't entirely disagree with it. As for Judge being the face of the Yankees, of course he is. However he won nothing so why would they talk about him why would I? Luke and DJ are the BMOC right now and they deserved the attention. DJ had a few interviews also but he is quiet and shy so because Luke has that big smile and personality and that is what the media looks for so Luke was the man for a few days. The guy deserved it for sticking it out and playing all season even with his bad foot. SO I gave him, my favorite player, some attention also. I like all the Yankees every last one of them that ever played for them also! But I have and had favorites!  Wow, what a bad guy I am to some people. 





For the most part I enjoy our back and forths. One thing I admire and wish I was better at is you never seem to hold a grudge. We look at things differently, you seem to see things in black and white with many definates. I see things in mostly shades of grey. I always say I post very few facts. Most all of what I post are opinions (qwik is the best at posting facts). You tend to post your opinions as facts and probaly why you get challenged so much and so strongly. 


I only jump on players that I don't think play hard, Cano was a prime example. I very seldom kill any Yankee player for their efforts on the field. Gardner has been my favorite for the last decade but I never saw him as more then a role player on a talented team. We all have our favorites but I try not to go overboard either for how good or bad they are or have performed over short periods of time.


As far as golf, you're right, I'm not very good but I love playing. I always chuckle when I'm called grouchy. I know you were kidding but the irony is that's the last thing people that know me think of me. I'm direct, speak my mind and don't always know when to shut up but I always have a smile, have a very positive upbeat attitude about life. Wife of 50 years said very, very seldom remembers me coming home in a bad mood even after a difficult day at work. Oh well, that's just a little about me. Sorry for boring folks with that story.

4 months ago  ::  Oct 18, 2020 - 11:19AM #204
chl45
Posts: 2,665

Oct 18, 2020 -- 10:17AM, newinn wrote:


Oct 17, 2020 -- 10:22PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 17, 2020 -- 11:28AM, bumper wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 12:28PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:37AM, bumper wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:31AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 11:42PM, bumper wrote:


judge had a lousy post-season but just his presence in the lineup energizes the team. pitchers pitch more carefully to him which helps the othr guys maybe get better pitches. fwiw, all 3 HRs he hit were pretty important.




He had a better post-season than Voit ... and he was not up to par due to still coming back from injury ... those were my points.




i agree mo. my post was to address some of the judge "bashing" that was going on. like i said, all 3 of his HRs had an impact and even if he's struggling, he's a player that makes an impact.




Would you mind pointing out where there was  so much Judge bashing going on in a thread about Luke Voit? Also the start of this recent discussion was asked as a question not a fact. See, that's what "Has" at the beginning of a sentence that ends with a question mark means. Not a statement of fact, a question. Questions lead to discussions so that was my reason for new discussion, onj Luke... not to "bash" Judge. I only found one line out of all that copy where I said that Judge Stanton and Sanchez were not living up to their expectations. Now, I can further explain why I said that.


First I didn't single out Judge he was mentioned in a line with two other Guys that I feel are underachieving. No need to explain about Sanchez unless you are blind. Stanton and Judge's numbers are what I looked at. Of course they are lower than Voit's 2020 numbers which is what  the later parts of this Voit thread was about. Their numbers are low because as we all know, they were on the IL. Therefore you cannot help your team if you are on IL and I am sure they feel bad about that, but...they underachieved in their expected production compared to what Luke Voit did while playing with a sore foot.


Trying to minimize the fact that Voit playing with a sore foot was no big deal made me laugh a little. If that were Judge or Stanton that did that would have been medal worthy and they would already be fitted for their statue's in monument park. They are both better hitters than Luke Voit and certainly Judge is in a class by himself when it comes to defense when it comes to Stanton Sanchez or Voit, no contest. My point was directed at their offensive numbers compared to Voit's. Let's be fair here. You don't play, you under achieved compared to numbers you were expected to have for the season. Luke and DJ did more than their part even forgetting about Voit playing hurt WHICH HE COULD HAVE ASKED TO BE "RESTED" on the IL if he wanted to. Yes running all out weighing over 200 pounds to first base on a sore foot approximately 2 dozen times is no big deal unless it is a player who did something great in a playoff game in the past, right? C'mon with that nonsense. Good talk.



looks like i missed another fun day ...


i did put the "bashing" in quotes so i was playing with the word a bit. but having read LOTS of your stuff, my interpretation (and apparently others shared the same view) was that you were taking a little dig at judge and by simply "asking" the question, that was your inference. we get it, voit is your guy. think we've all gotten the message LOUD and clear.


i love voit. the guy is as tough as nails, a gamer and hope he has a long illustrious yankee career. on the other hand, in the present, judge IS the face of the team and the guy they want in that "coveted" 2nd spot in the lineup. he's a guy, they want coming up in the 9th with the game on the line and it's gonna take a lot more than 8-9 games coming off an injury to dislodge him. that's not how baseball works.


i root for every yankee whether it's DJ, judge, voit, or hated guys like stanton, sanchez, chapman or fringe guys like wade, estrada and nelson. they're my team and i want all of them to succeed and am happy when they do so.


btw george saying that any season we don't win the WS is a failure is BS. for george, ever being the promoter, it was just a bunch of hyperbole, a marketing catch phrase or slogan and has forever tainted the more entitled yankee fan. in fact it's the goal of every team, but it's pretty damn hard to do.


agree with new. the yankees continued success over the last 25 years has been impressive. the team has been at least competitive every season and most seasons competing in the post-season with a chance to win it all. a WS win is the cherry on top. i'm engaged and entertained for 7-8 months a year. can't ask for more than that ...




Bumper there are a FEW people on here I look for to see what they post or what thread they start. I find you all interesting in different ways.  You are one of them. Jim West and Yankoldfan is as well.  Davis is another and Newinn even though he is an old grouch and stinks at golf. lol.. (I'm kidding New). We argue but we also have some good conversations. I get along with some others but I will just say this.


I posted the question about "HAS Luke" when I did because ESPN had  just done a nice interview with him that I saw, and the day before I saw Mark DeRosa who pimps Luke info and hits or HRS, all the time on MLB Network and calls him the Honkey Tonk Man and always gets a kick out of the way Luke plays the game.  I  also saw a Luke Interview running on TBS about three times in one day in a sort of commercial for the playoffs, and then on Sunshine Network a Florida Rays station they talked about him in a segment and showed some of his home runs during the season. So I was like.. what is up, are they making this guy the hot new Yankee hitter? The guy to watch?


SO I made a comment about it and worded it the way I did. Why did that seem so bad that it caused a damn message board avalanche of hate on me? SO ridiculous. I know why it's because of who opened their mouth about it and I'm tired of people playing favorites with certain posters due to their longevity on here. It's too crazy to believe sometimes.


I liked Luke ever since he got here and  he became a player I loved to watch him get up to the plate. He's tough, and plays hardball and has a great personality for Baseball.  Anyway For some reason Mo who always starts arguments with me and anyone she decides has offended the Yankees or one of their players, got a little to personal and absolutely missed the entire meaning of that post.


I come on too strong I get that, but that's me. If anyone doesn't like it or get it then they should block me or ignore me because their opinions or their loyalty to the Yankees are no more important  or stronger than mine and I never chase one of their posts to see if I disagree with it and start a damn riot over it. Best of all why did I have to defend myself over it because some who read it can't understand what they read?


Anyway, I read what you wrote there and I appreciate what you said. I don't entirely disagree with it. As for Judge being the face of the Yankees, of course he is. However he won nothing so why would they talk about him why would I? Luke and DJ are the BMOC right now and they deserved the attention. DJ had a few interviews also but he is quiet and shy so because Luke has that big smile and personality and that is what the media looks for so Luke was the man for a few days. The guy deserved it for sticking it out and playing all season even with his bad foot. SO I gave him, my favorite player, some attention also. I like all the Yankees every last one of them that ever played for them also! But I have and had favorites!  Wow, what a bad guy I am to some people. 





For the most part I enjoy our back and forths. One thing I admire and wish I was better at is you never seem to hold a grudge. We look at things differently, you seem to see things in black and white with many definates. I see things in mostly shades of grey. I always say I post very few facts. Most all of what I post are opinions (qwik is the best at posting facts). You tend to post your opinions as facts and probaly why you get challenged so much and so strongly. 


I only jump on players that I don't think play hard, Cano was a prime example. I very seldom kill any Yankee player for their efforts on the field. Gardner has been my favorite for the last decade but I never saw him as more then a role player on a talented team. We all have our favorites but I try not to go overboard either for how good or bad they are or have performed over short periods of time.


As far as golf, you're right, I'm not very good but I love playing. I always chuckle when I'm called grouchy. I know you were kidding but the irony is that's the last thing people that know me think of me. I'm direct, speak my mind and don't always know when to shut up but I always have a smile, have a very positive upbeat attitude about life. Wife of 50 years said very, very seldom remembers me coming home in a bad mood even after a difficult day at work. Oh well, that's just a little about me. Sorry for boring folks with that story.




New you know you and I bust balls all the time with each other. I enjoy it with certain people and your one of them because mostly I get where you are coming from and you are a Lake George guy also. I don't hold grudges against people that have the ability to stick to the issue at hand without calling names and you can call out my thread or post or my opinion but when am I being called names that I strike back at. Anyway I always read what you have to say and if I don't agree I will let you know same as if I agree. You don't seem like the guy who doesn't know baseball and so I am interested in your POV and some others on here I already mentioned. BTW If you want to get better at golf I can get you on at Innisbrook the pro tour course anytime you want if you get down here for ST or something. I know a guy. lol..

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
4 months ago  ::  Oct 18, 2020 - 11:34AM #205
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 81,125

Oct 18, 2020 -- 11:19AM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 18, 2020 -- 10:17AM, newinn wrote:


Oct 17, 2020 -- 10:22PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 17, 2020 -- 11:28AM, bumper wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 12:28PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:37AM, bumper wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:31AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 11:42PM, bumper wrote:


judge had a lousy post-season but just his presence in the lineup energizes the team. pitchers pitch more carefully to him which helps the othr guys maybe get better pitches. fwiw, all 3 HRs he hit were pretty important.




He had a better post-season than Voit ... and he was not up to par due to still coming back from injury ... those were my points.




i agree mo. my post was to address some of the judge "bashing" that was going on. like i said, all 3 of his HRs had an impact and even if he's struggling, he's a player that makes an impact.




Would you mind pointing out where there was  so much Judge bashing going on in a thread about Luke Voit? Also the start of this recent discussion was asked as a question not a fact. See, that's what "Has" at the beginning of a sentence that ends with a question mark means. Not a statement of fact, a question. Questions lead to discussions so that was my reason for new discussion, onj Luke... not to "bash" Judge. I only found one line out of all that copy where I said that Judge Stanton and Sanchez were not living up to their expectations. Now, I can further explain why I said that.


First I didn't single out Judge he was mentioned in a line with two other Guys that I feel are underachieving. No need to explain about Sanchez unless you are blind. Stanton and Judge's numbers are what I looked at. Of course they are lower than Voit's 2020 numbers which is what  the later parts of this Voit thread was about. Their numbers are low because as we all know, they were on the IL. Therefore you cannot help your team if you are on IL and I am sure they feel bad about that, but...they underachieved in their expected production compared to what Luke Voit did while playing with a sore foot.


Trying to minimize the fact that Voit playing with a sore foot was no big deal made me laugh a little. If that were Judge or Stanton that did that would have been medal worthy and they would already be fitted for their statue's in monument park. They are both better hitters than Luke Voit and certainly Judge is in a class by himself when it comes to defense when it comes to Stanton Sanchez or Voit, no contest. My point was directed at their offensive numbers compared to Voit's. Let's be fair here. You don't play, you under achieved compared to numbers you were expected to have for the season. Luke and DJ did more than their part even forgetting about Voit playing hurt WHICH HE COULD HAVE ASKED TO BE "RESTED" on the IL if he wanted to. Yes running all out weighing over 200 pounds to first base on a sore foot approximately 2 dozen times is no big deal unless it is a player who did something great in a playoff game in the past, right? C'mon with that nonsense. Good talk.



looks like i missed another fun day ...


i did put the "bashing" in quotes so i was playing with the word a bit. but having read LOTS of your stuff, my interpretation (and apparently others shared the same view) was that you were taking a little dig at judge and by simply "asking" the question, that was your inference. we get it, voit is your guy. think we've all gotten the message LOUD and clear.


i love voit. the guy is as tough as nails, a gamer and hope he has a long illustrious yankee career. on the other hand, in the present, judge IS the face of the team and the guy they want in that "coveted" 2nd spot in the lineup. he's a guy, they want coming up in the 9th with the game on the line and it's gonna take a lot more than 8-9 games coming off an injury to dislodge him. that's not how baseball works.


i root for every yankee whether it's DJ, judge, voit, or hated guys like stanton, sanchez, chapman or fringe guys like wade, estrada and nelson. they're my team and i want all of them to succeed and am happy when they do so.


btw george saying that any season we don't win the WS is a failure is BS. for george, ever being the promoter, it was just a bunch of hyperbole, a marketing catch phrase or slogan and has forever tainted the more entitled yankee fan. in fact it's the goal of every team, but it's pretty damn hard to do.


agree with new. the yankees continued success over the last 25 years has been impressive. the team has been at least competitive every season and most seasons competing in the post-season with a chance to win it all. a WS win is the cherry on top. i'm engaged and entertained for 7-8 months a year. can't ask for more than that ...




Bumper there are a FEW people on here I look for to see what they post or what thread they start. I find you all interesting in different ways.  You are one of them. Jim West and Yankoldfan is as well.  Davis is another and Newinn even though he is an old grouch and stinks at golf. lol.. (I'm kidding New). We argue but we also have some good conversations. I get along with some others but I will just say this.


I posted the question about "HAS Luke" when I did because ESPN had  just done a nice interview with him that I saw, and the day before I saw Mark DeRosa who pimps Luke info and hits or HRS, all the time on MLB Network and calls him the Honkey Tonk Man and always gets a kick out of the way Luke plays the game.  I  also saw a Luke Interview running on TBS about three times in one day in a sort of commercial for the playoffs, and then on Sunshine Network a Florida Rays station they talked about him in a segment and showed some of his home runs during the season. So I was like.. what is up, are they making this guy the hot new Yankee hitter? The guy to watch?


SO I made a comment about it and worded it the way I did. Why did that seem so bad that it caused a damn message board avalanche of hate on me? SO ridiculous. I know why it's because of who opened their mouth about it and I'm tired of people playing favorites with certain posters due to their longevity on here. It's too crazy to believe sometimes.


I liked Luke ever since he got here and  he became a player I loved to watch him get up to the plate. He's tough, and plays hardball and has a great personality for Baseball.  Anyway For some reason Mo who always starts arguments with me and anyone she decides has offended the Yankees or one of their players, got a little to personal and absolutely missed the entire meaning of that post.


I come on too strong I get that, but that's me. If anyone doesn't like it or get it then they should block me or ignore me because their opinions or their loyalty to the Yankees are no more important  or stronger than mine and I never chase one of their posts to see if I disagree with it and start a damn riot over it. Best of all why did I have to defend myself over it because some who read it can't understand what they read?


Anyway, I read what you wrote there and I appreciate what you said. I don't entirely disagree with it. As for Judge being the face of the Yankees, of course he is. However he won nothing so why would they talk about him why would I? Luke and DJ are the BMOC right now and they deserved the attention. DJ had a few interviews also but he is quiet and shy so because Luke has that big smile and personality and that is what the media looks for so Luke was the man for a few days. The guy deserved it for sticking it out and playing all season even with his bad foot. SO I gave him, my favorite player, some attention also. I like all the Yankees every last one of them that ever played for them also! But I have and had favorites!  Wow, what a bad guy I am to some people. 





For the most part I enjoy our back and forths. One thing I admire and wish I was better at is you never seem to hold a grudge. We look at things differently, you seem to see things in black and white with many definates. I see things in mostly shades of grey. I always say I post very few facts. Most all of what I post are opinions (qwik is the best at posting facts). You tend to post your opinions as facts and probaly why you get challenged so much and so strongly. 


I only jump on players that I don't think play hard, Cano was a prime example. I very seldom kill any Yankee player for their efforts on the field. Gardner has been my favorite for the last decade but I never saw him as more then a role player on a talented team. We all have our favorites but I try not to go overboard either for how good or bad they are or have performed over short periods of time.


As far as golf, you're right, I'm not very good but I love playing. I always chuckle when I'm called grouchy. I know you were kidding but the irony is that's the last thing people that know me think of me. I'm direct, speak my mind and don't always know when to shut up but I always have a smile, have a very positive upbeat attitude about life. Wife of 50 years said very, very seldom remembers me coming home in a bad mood even after a difficult day at work. Oh well, that's just a little about me. Sorry for boring folks with that story.




New you know you and I bust balls all the time with each other. I enjoy it with certain people and your one of them because mostly I get where you are coming from and you are a Lake George guy also. I don't hold grudges against people that have the ability to stick to the issue at hand without calling names and you can call out my thread or post or my opinion but when am I being called names that I strike back at. Anyway I always read what you have to say and if I don't agree I will let you know same as if I agree. You don't seem like the guy who doesn't know baseball and so I am interested in your POV and some others on here I already mentioned. BTW If you want to get better at golf I can get you on at Innisbrook the pro tour course anytime you want if you get down here for ST or something. I know a guy. lol..




Have to say, I stuck to the issue at hand ... you were saying that Voit could be called the face of the franchise ... you posed it as a question, but we all know what it means when you pose something as a question ... why didn't you just state right away that Judge is the face of the franchise ... that's an interesting question ... if you much later ... today ... agree that Judge is the face of the franchise, why couldn't you just say it up front ... why did we have to get into an argument over it?  


You know chl, you create problems and then you cry to anyone that will listen how you were wronged ... this entire discussion could have been put to bed in one post from you long ago stating that you knew Judge was the face of the franchise instead of arguing about Luke's home runs.


This discussion should be over, but you bring up a good question, and I would like it answered ... why the post after post about Luke without just admitting that we already have a face of the franchise?

3 months ago  ::  Oct 19, 2020 - 1:17PM #206
Max
Posts: 6,949

Just my opinion..


Aaron Judge is the face of the Yankees.


My favorite players... DJ and Torres, in that order. I think Torres is going to be a superstar. I wasn't sure why the Yankees signed DJ, but I'm happy that they did.


Love the way he makes contact and hits where the ball is pitched. DJ's style of hitting is a country mile better than the boring all or nothing at bats that have become commonplace in the Yankees line up. Yeah, I like to see HRs, but I remember a time when even the biggest homerun hitters would cut down on their swings when they had 2 strikes in the count.  

3 months ago  ::  Oct 19, 2020 - 1:58PM #207
bomberhojoe
Posts: 15,280

Oct 19, 2020 -- 1:17PM, Max wrote:


Just my opinion..


Aaron Judge is the face of the Yankees.


My favorite players... DJ and Torres, in that order. I think Torres is going to be a superstar. I wasn't sure why the Yankees signed DJ, but I'm happy that they did.


Love the way he makes contact and hits where the ball is pitched. DJ's style of hitting is a country mile better than the boring all or nothing at bats that have become commonplace in the Yankees line up. Yeah, I like to see HRs, but I remember a time when even the biggest homerun hitters would cut down on their swings when they had 2 strikes in the count.  




Aaron Judge is without question, the face of the Yankees.


As for DJ LeMahieu, I wish the Yankees had a whole team of players with his approach to the game, both offensively and defensively.

John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
3 months ago  ::  Oct 19, 2020 - 2:04PM #208
jimwest
Posts: 3,244

Oct 19, 2020 -- 1:17PM, Max wrote:


Love the way he makes contact and hits where the ball is pitched. DJ's style of hitting is a country mile better than the boring all or nothing at bats that have become commonplace in the Yankees line up. Yeah, I like to see HRs, but I remember a time when even the biggest homerun hitters would cut down on their swings when they had 2 strikes in the count.  




This is why DJLM is definitely the guy I want at bat in any crucial situation. Even with two strikes, he is still a formidable hitter. He hits to all fields, so he nullifies any shifting. He doesn't try to pull outside pitches, as too many power guys do, even behind in the count.


If more players could. or would, try to hit opposite the shifts, especially in 2 strike counts, it would no longer be a strategy used so often.


When behind in the count, I see no change in most of the Yankees hitters approach. No cutting down on their swings, no going with the pitch, and of course, no choking up on the bat a bit to facilitate some contact. The lack of these are what causes tons of strikeouts.



3 months ago  ::  Oct 19, 2020 - 2:16PM #209
manbot
Posts: 1,145

I agree Judge is the face of the Franchise (by Default) but I dont think that he has done a good job of it and I dont think he is a leader.


He is an incredible physical presence with incrdible power and that intrigues people but he just hasnt stepped up as a leader or an intimidator ... he seems shy and would rather have someone else lead.


He should've spoken up when Tampa was threating the Yankees with the stable of 98 BS  

3 months ago  ::  Oct 20, 2020 - 11:59AM #210
1955nyyfan
Posts: 1,463

Oct 19, 2020 -- 2:16PM, manbot wrote:


I agree Judge is the face of the Franchise (by Default) but I dont think that he has done a good job of it and I dont think he is a leader.


He is an incredible physical presence with incrdible power and that intrigues people but he just hasnt stepped up as a leader or an intimidator ... he seems shy and would rather have someone else lead.


He should've spoken up when Tampa was threating the Yankees with the stable of 98 BS  




Your example of Judge lacking leadership IMO, is a bad example. Chapman was wrong in throwing at the kids head and I'm sure the Yankees were trying to deescalate the situation, not throw oil on the fire. 

Page 21 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum