Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 20 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next
Luke Voit
5 months ago  ::  Oct 17, 2020 - 1:54PM #191
manbot
Posts: 1,171

Oct 15, 2020 -- 7:51PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 7:36PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 7:03PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 6:53PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 5:54PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 5:37PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 5:27PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 5:23PM, chl45 wrote:


Has Luke Voit become the new face or voice of the Yankees? Ever since the Playoffs ended for the Yankees Luke has been interviewed at length by ESPN, TBS, and MLB Network and the Rays Sunshine Network. SO have a few others like DJ and I even saw Stanton a few times. But mainly it has been Luke and I got an ESPN notification early this afternnon with Luke talking about the Rays and the "Bronx Bombers" and how lucky he is to be hitting with guys like that and how he "stopped taking BP with them because he is being embarrassed by how far Stanton and Judge are hitting balls." I think his personality plays well on air interviews. Maybe Judge is to busy making his commercials which he has gotten 100% better at doingand to hard to get to interview.




Luke is promoting himself ... he's not the new face of the Yankees by far.




lol....How is he promoting himself?? That means he or his agent are going to ESPN and the other networks to volunteer information on the questions they are asking him? That is a little bit of a stretch to think that. I only asked if he was "becoming the face or voice, I didn't say he was. ." and a team with the knickname the "Bronx Bombers", it would only stand to reason they would want to talk to the present homerun king of that team AND all of baseball for 2020 short season or not, it is news. I think it makes sense they went looking for him, no? Plus when the Yankees are not in the playoffs or WS, well...  the thousands and thousands of national Yankeee fans are  NOT watching much baseball now, are they? Talking to the HR king is one way to get some more viewers I would think. Just sayin.




I think calling someone a homerun KING after ony 60 games is quite ridiculous ... and I do believe he could be letting it known that he is open for interviews ... not so hard to believe ... pretty much on the same road as Cashman not telling the truth when he told everyone that Boone makes his own line-ups.




Don't get the Voit hate by people who just don't get it. Is it most of you all said when he first got here he hadn't proved himself YET, too early to tell?  Is it because some of you said he would fail and when he didn't you are disappointed you were wrong because you wanted who?? Who... DJ to play first base ???....and he is at 2nd where I said he would be and if he is resigned that's where he will be?


Because maybe you all wanted Didi to be here and Luke gone  so the Yankees could  switch around the whole infield? Because we can't have what you all think is the ideal situation with Torres on second where he has made as many mistakes there as he has at SS just about or at least to many for a all star 2nd baseman like you all think he is..


Hating on a guy who played hurt all season and did more than any Yankee except for DJ and they all played the same amount of games as Luke and DJ or had chances to play as many but their frail bodies went limp AGAIN and they went on the IL while Luke played though a bad foot? Just what is the reason you all love Judge and Stanton and Sanchez who all are well below their expectations and can't stay on the field and Luke just keeps on doing his thing smiling the whole time while nursing a sore foot.


Is that fair to say he isn't the home run King when he is. Who do you want to be the home run king, your favorite player? Jesus some of you just make no sense. The guy with his 2nd baseman got the Yankees to the playoffs and that's the end of the 2020 season. Next season Judge and Stanton and Sanchez and Torres will have another opportunity to live up to their so far un successful 2020 expectations and wait for their 2021 production along side Luke then you all can gloat if they are better at hitting their projected production. Right now Luke has exceeded his, be grateful. BTW I will add whoever wrote that TRADE Luke Article needs to switch his Meds. He should have wrote about what the Yankees will offer Luke for his next contract.




Never said I hated Luke ... that came out of your mouth because I said one 60 game season does not make him the face of the Yankees ... he hit one homerun in the post-season ... we usually judge Yankees by the post-season ... and even Judge who was out a whole lot and hadn't really had time to get his timing down did better in the post-season.  


Yes Luke hit well in 60 games ... when he does it in 162 games, talk to me.





Oh you know I will. I will talk to you about it, and you will like it! Luke Voit may just surprise you. Look this post season no one lived up to their potential on offense. They faced good pitching from the Rays and they were the ones that exposed a lot of our hitters. The Indians were, well, the Indians, and we did what we needed to do  to beat them. If Luke and DJ didn't do what they did during the season no playoffs that's what I think, and if Luke went on the IL when the foot first bothered him it would have been really close but I think we don't make the Playoffs either.




So how can you say Luke is the face of the franchise when he couldn't show up in the post-season?  Judge has good post-season numbers throughout his time with the Yankees ... even this year when he was not up to par because he was out for so long, he still did better in the post-season than Luke did ... Luke pretty much went to sleep for most of the post-season ... Derek Jeter became the face of the Yankees not based on his regular season stats, but mostly based on the post-season ... Yankees are judged on how they perform in the post-season ... Luke can hit 60 home runs next year during the regular season, but if he fails to show up in the post-season again, he doesn't climb the ladder of Yankee greatness.




Yankees lost the ALDS series 3 games to 2 


Take away Stantons prodution and they lose the Series 3 games to 2 


In game 5 ... 9th inning 1 run game he turned into a statue and watched 3 strikes 

5 months ago  ::  Oct 17, 2020 - 2:10PM #192
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 81,224

Oct 17, 2020 -- 1:54PM, manbot wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 7:51PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 7:36PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 7:03PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 6:53PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 5:54PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 5:37PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 5:27PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 5:23PM, chl45 wrote:


Has Luke Voit become the new face or voice of the Yankees? Ever since the Playoffs ended for the Yankees Luke has been interviewed at length by ESPN, TBS, and MLB Network and the Rays Sunshine Network. SO have a few others like DJ and I even saw Stanton a few times. But mainly it has been Luke and I got an ESPN notification early this afternnon with Luke talking about the Rays and the "Bronx Bombers" and how lucky he is to be hitting with guys like that and how he "stopped taking BP with them because he is being embarrassed by how far Stanton and Judge are hitting balls." I think his personality plays well on air interviews. Maybe Judge is to busy making his commercials which he has gotten 100% better at doingand to hard to get to interview.




Luke is promoting himself ... he's not the new face of the Yankees by far.




lol....How is he promoting himself?? That means he or his agent are going to ESPN and the other networks to volunteer information on the questions they are asking him? That is a little bit of a stretch to think that. I only asked if he was "becoming the face or voice, I didn't say he was. ." and a team with the knickname the "Bronx Bombers", it would only stand to reason they would want to talk to the present homerun king of that team AND all of baseball for 2020 short season or not, it is news. I think it makes sense they went looking for him, no? Plus when the Yankees are not in the playoffs or WS, well...  the thousands and thousands of national Yankeee fans are  NOT watching much baseball now, are they? Talking to the HR king is one way to get some more viewers I would think. Just sayin.




I think calling someone a homerun KING after ony 60 games is quite ridiculous ... and I do believe he could be letting it known that he is open for interviews ... not so hard to believe ... pretty much on the same road as Cashman not telling the truth when he told everyone that Boone makes his own line-ups.




Don't get the Voit hate by people who just don't get it. Is it most of you all said when he first got here he hadn't proved himself YET, too early to tell?  Is it because some of you said he would fail and when he didn't you are disappointed you were wrong because you wanted who?? Who... DJ to play first base ???....and he is at 2nd where I said he would be and if he is resigned that's where he will be?


Because maybe you all wanted Didi to be here and Luke gone  so the Yankees could  switch around the whole infield? Because we can't have what you all think is the ideal situation with Torres on second where he has made as many mistakes there as he has at SS just about or at least to many for a all star 2nd baseman like you all think he is..


Hating on a guy who played hurt all season and did more than any Yankee except for DJ and they all played the same amount of games as Luke and DJ or had chances to play as many but their frail bodies went limp AGAIN and they went on the IL while Luke played though a bad foot? Just what is the reason you all love Judge and Stanton and Sanchez who all are well below their expectations and can't stay on the field and Luke just keeps on doing his thing smiling the whole time while nursing a sore foot.


Is that fair to say he isn't the home run King when he is. Who do you want to be the home run king, your favorite player? Jesus some of you just make no sense. The guy with his 2nd baseman got the Yankees to the playoffs and that's the end of the 2020 season. Next season Judge and Stanton and Sanchez and Torres will have another opportunity to live up to their so far un successful 2020 expectations and wait for their 2021 production along side Luke then you all can gloat if they are better at hitting their projected production. Right now Luke has exceeded his, be grateful. BTW I will add whoever wrote that TRADE Luke Article needs to switch his Meds. He should have wrote about what the Yankees will offer Luke for his next contract.




Never said I hated Luke ... that came out of your mouth because I said one 60 game season does not make him the face of the Yankees ... he hit one homerun in the post-season ... we usually judge Yankees by the post-season ... and even Judge who was out a whole lot and hadn't really had time to get his timing down did better in the post-season.  


Yes Luke hit well in 60 games ... when he does it in 162 games, talk to me.





Oh you know I will. I will talk to you about it, and you will like it! Luke Voit may just surprise you. Look this post season no one lived up to their potential on offense. They faced good pitching from the Rays and they were the ones that exposed a lot of our hitters. The Indians were, well, the Indians, and we did what we needed to do  to beat them. If Luke and DJ didn't do what they did during the season no playoffs that's what I think, and if Luke went on the IL when the foot first bothered him it would have been really close but I think we don't make the Playoffs either.




So how can you say Luke is the face of the franchise when he couldn't show up in the post-season?  Judge has good post-season numbers throughout his time with the Yankees ... even this year when he was not up to par because he was out for so long, he still did better in the post-season than Luke did ... Luke pretty much went to sleep for most of the post-season ... Derek Jeter became the face of the Yankees not based on his regular season stats, but mostly based on the post-season ... Yankees are judged on how they perform in the post-season ... Luke can hit 60 home runs next year during the regular season, but if he fails to show up in the post-season again, he doesn't climb the ladder of Yankee greatness.




Yankees lost the ALDS series 3 games to 2 


Take away Stantons prodution and they lose the Series 3 games to 2 


In game 5 ... 9th inning 1 run game he turned into a statue and watched 3 strikes 




I refuse to talk to you anymore ... you're a bit too crazy for me.

5 months ago  ::  Oct 17, 2020 - 6:06PM #193
yankoldfan
Posts: 10,905

Oct 16, 2020 -- 12:34PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 12:28PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:37AM, bumper wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:31AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 11:42PM, bumper wrote:


judge had a lousy post-season but just his presence in the lineup energizes the team. pitchers pitch more carefully to him which helps the othr guys maybe get better pitches. fwiw, all 3 HRs he hit were pretty important.




He had a better post-season than Voit ... and he was not up to par due to still coming back from injury ... those were my points.




i agree mo. my post was to address some of the judge "bashing" that was going on. like i said, all 3 of his HRs had an impact and even if he's struggling, he's a player that makes an impact.




Would you mind pointing out where there was  so much Judge bashing going on in a thread about Luke Voit? Also the start of this recent discussion was asked as a question not a fact. See, that's what "Has" at the beginning of a sentence that ends with a question mark means. Not a statement of fact, a question. Questions lead to discussions so that was my reason for new discussion, onj Luke... not to "bash" Judge. I only found one line out of all that copy where I said that Judge Stanton and Sanchez were not living up to their expectations. Now, I can further explain why I said that.


First I didn't single out Judge he was mentioned in a line with two other Guys that I feel are underachieving. No need to explain about Sanchez unless you are blind. Stanton and Judge's numbers are what I looked at. Of course they are lower than Voit's 2020 numbers which is what  the later parts of this Voit thread was about. Their numbers are low because as we all know, they were on the IL. Therefore you cannot help your team if you are on IL and I am sure they feel bad about that, but...they underachieved in their expected production compared to what Luke Voit did while playing with a sore foot.


Trying to minimize the fact that Voit playing with a sore foot was no big deal made me laugh a little. If that were Judge or Stanton that did that would have been medal worthy and they would already be fitted for their statue's in monument park. They are both better hitters than Luke Voit and certainly Judge is in a class by himself when it comes to defense when it comes to Stanton Sanchez or Voit, no contest. My point was directed at their offensive numbers compared to Voit's. Let's be fair here. You don't play, you under achieved compared to numbers you were expected to have for the season. Luke and DJ did more than their part even forgetting about Voit playing hurt WHICH HE COULD HAVE ASKED TO BE "RESTED" on the IL if he wanted to. Yes running all out weighing over 200 pounds to first base on a sore foot approximately 2 dozen times is no big deal unless it is a player who did something great in a playoff game in the past, right? C'mon with that nonsense. Good talk.




It's obvious from everything you write that you just hate Judge and love Voit ... no reason to discuss it further with you.




I wish he would respond in short stories instead of long books ??? Wink

5 months ago  ::  Oct 17, 2020 - 6:11PM #194
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 81,224

Oct 17, 2020 -- 6:06PM, yankoldfan wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 12:34PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 12:28PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:37AM, bumper wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:31AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 11:42PM, bumper wrote:


judge had a lousy post-season but just his presence in the lineup energizes the team. pitchers pitch more carefully to him which helps the othr guys maybe get better pitches. fwiw, all 3 HRs he hit were pretty important.




He had a better post-season than Voit ... and he was not up to par due to still coming back from injury ... those were my points.




i agree mo. my post was to address some of the judge "bashing" that was going on. like i said, all 3 of his HRs had an impact and even if he's struggling, he's a player that makes an impact.




Would you mind pointing out where there was  so much Judge bashing going on in a thread about Luke Voit? Also the start of this recent discussion was asked as a question not a fact. See, that's what "Has" at the beginning of a sentence that ends with a question mark means. Not a statement of fact, a question. Questions lead to discussions so that was my reason for new discussion, onj Luke... not to "bash" Judge. I only found one line out of all that copy where I said that Judge Stanton and Sanchez were not living up to their expectations. Now, I can further explain why I said that.


First I didn't single out Judge he was mentioned in a line with two other Guys that I feel are underachieving. No need to explain about Sanchez unless you are blind. Stanton and Judge's numbers are what I looked at. Of course they are lower than Voit's 2020 numbers which is what  the later parts of this Voit thread was about. Their numbers are low because as we all know, they were on the IL. Therefore you cannot help your team if you are on IL and I am sure they feel bad about that, but...they underachieved in their expected production compared to what Luke Voit did while playing with a sore foot.


Trying to minimize the fact that Voit playing with a sore foot was no big deal made me laugh a little. If that were Judge or Stanton that did that would have been medal worthy and they would already be fitted for their statue's in monument park. They are both better hitters than Luke Voit and certainly Judge is in a class by himself when it comes to defense when it comes to Stanton Sanchez or Voit, no contest. My point was directed at their offensive numbers compared to Voit's. Let's be fair here. You don't play, you under achieved compared to numbers you were expected to have for the season. Luke and DJ did more than their part even forgetting about Voit playing hurt WHICH HE COULD HAVE ASKED TO BE "RESTED" on the IL if he wanted to. Yes running all out weighing over 200 pounds to first base on a sore foot approximately 2 dozen times is no big deal unless it is a player who did something great in a playoff game in the past, right? C'mon with that nonsense. Good talk.




It's obvious from everything you write that you just hate Judge and love Voit ... no reason to discuss it further with you.




I wish he would respond in short stories instead of long books ??? 




He's too enamored with himself to do anything else.

5 months ago  ::  Oct 17, 2020 - 6:22PM #195
yankoldfan
Posts: 10,905

I have one thing to add to all these players and who's the best and who's their favorites, we should all be fans and love the team, we all have to realize it's still not always the best teams that win the whole can of corn... These are all fine-tuned athletes and it's a challenge, the ones that rise to the occasion usually propels their team to victory.. My favorite player is from game to game, the one that helps the team win on that night is my favorite player... GO YANKEES IN 2021... I can't wait for the next season to start...


UndecidedUndecided

5 months ago  ::  Oct 17, 2020 - 6:46PM #196
newinn
Posts: 36,412

Oct 17, 2020 -- 6:22PM, yankoldfan wrote:


I have one thing to add to all these players and who's the best and who's their favorites, we should all be fans and love the team, we all have to realize it's still not always the best teams that win the whole can of corn... These are all fine-tuned athletes and it's a challenge, the ones that rise to the occasion usually propels their team to victory.. My favorite player is from game to game, the one that helps the team win on that night is my favorite player... GO YANKEES IN 2021... I can't wait for the next season to start...





does that include Sanchez?

5 months ago  ::  Oct 17, 2020 - 6:48PM #197
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 81,224

Oct 17, 2020 -- 6:22PM, yankoldfan wrote:


I have one thing to add to all these players and who's the best and who's their favorites, we should all be fans and love the team, we all have to realize it's still not always the best teams that win the whole can of corn... These are all fine-tuned athletes and it's a challenge, the ones that rise to the occasion usually propels their team to victory.. My favorite player is from game to game, the one that helps the team win on that night is my favorite player... GO YANKEES IN 2021... I can't wait for the next season to start...





I think that's a little odd, as most fans do have a favorite player.


The Yankees picked my favorite player when they made the Judge's chambers.

5 months ago  ::  Oct 17, 2020 - 10:22PM #198
chl45
Posts: 2,720

Oct 17, 2020 -- 11:28AM, bumper wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 12:28PM, chl45 wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:37AM, bumper wrote:


Oct 16, 2020 -- 9:31AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 15, 2020 -- 11:42PM, bumper wrote:


judge had a lousy post-season but just his presence in the lineup energizes the team. pitchers pitch more carefully to him which helps the othr guys maybe get better pitches. fwiw, all 3 HRs he hit were pretty important.




He had a better post-season than Voit ... and he was not up to par due to still coming back from injury ... those were my points.




i agree mo. my post was to address some of the judge "bashing" that was going on. like i said, all 3 of his HRs had an impact and even if he's struggling, he's a player that makes an impact.




Would you mind pointing out where there was  so much Judge bashing going on in a thread about Luke Voit? Also the start of this recent discussion was asked as a question not a fact. See, that's what "Has" at the beginning of a sentence that ends with a question mark means. Not a statement of fact, a question. Questions lead to discussions so that was my reason for new discussion, onj Luke... not to "bash" Judge. I only found one line out of all that copy where I said that Judge Stanton and Sanchez were not living up to their expectations. Now, I can further explain why I said that.


First I didn't single out Judge he was mentioned in a line with two other Guys that I feel are underachieving. No need to explain about Sanchez unless you are blind. Stanton and Judge's numbers are what I looked at. Of course they are lower than Voit's 2020 numbers which is what  the later parts of this Voit thread was about. Their numbers are low because as we all know, they were on the IL. Therefore you cannot help your team if you are on IL and I am sure they feel bad about that, but...they underachieved in their expected production compared to what Luke Voit did while playing with a sore foot.


Trying to minimize the fact that Voit playing with a sore foot was no big deal made me laugh a little. If that were Judge or Stanton that did that would have been medal worthy and they would already be fitted for their statue's in monument park. They are both better hitters than Luke Voit and certainly Judge is in a class by himself when it comes to defense when it comes to Stanton Sanchez or Voit, no contest. My point was directed at their offensive numbers compared to Voit's. Let's be fair here. You don't play, you under achieved compared to numbers you were expected to have for the season. Luke and DJ did more than their part even forgetting about Voit playing hurt WHICH HE COULD HAVE ASKED TO BE "RESTED" on the IL if he wanted to. Yes running all out weighing over 200 pounds to first base on a sore foot approximately 2 dozen times is no big deal unless it is a player who did something great in a playoff game in the past, right? C'mon with that nonsense. Good talk.



looks like i missed another fun day ...


i did put the "bashing" in quotes so i was playing with the word a bit. but having read LOTS of your stuff, my interpretation (and apparently others shared the same view) was that you were taking a little dig at judge and by simply "asking" the question, that was your inference. we get it, voit is your guy. think we've all gotten the message LOUD and clear.


i love voit. the guy is as tough as nails, a gamer and hope he has a long illustrious yankee career. on the other hand, in the present, judge IS the face of the team and the guy they want in that "coveted" 2nd spot in the lineup. he's a guy, they want coming up in the 9th with the game on the line and it's gonna take a lot more than 8-9 games coming off an injury to dislodge him. that's not how baseball works.


i root for every yankee whether it's DJ, judge, voit, or hated guys like stanton, sanchez, chapman or fringe guys like wade, estrada and nelson. they're my team and i want all of them to succeed and am happy when they do so.


btw george saying that any season we don't win the WS is a failure is BS. for george, ever being the promoter, it was just a bunch of hyperbole, a marketing catch phrase or slogan and has forever tainted the more entitled yankee fan. in fact it's the goal of every team, but it's pretty damn hard to do.


agree with new. the yankees continued success over the last 25 years has been impressive. the team has been at least competitive every season and most seasons competing in the post-season with a chance to win it all. a WS win is the cherry on top. i'm engaged and entertained for 7-8 months a year. can't ask for more than that ...




Bumper there are a FEW people on here I look for to see what they post or what thread they start. I find you all interesting in different ways.  You are one of them. Jim West and Yankoldfan is as well.  Davis is another and Newinn even though he is an old grouch and stinks at golf. lol.. (I'm kidding New). We argue but we also have some good conversations. I get along with some others but I will just say this.


I posted the question about "HAS Luke" when I did because ESPN had  just done a nice interview with him that I saw, and the day before I saw Mark DeRosa who pimps Luke info and hits or HRS, all the time on MLB Network and calls him the Honkey Tonk Man and always gets a kick out of the way Luke plays the game.  I  also saw a Luke Interview running on TBS about three times in one day in a sort of commercial for the playoffs, and then on Sunshine Network a Florida Rays station they talked about him in a segment and showed some of his home runs during the season. So I was like.. what is up, are they making this guy the hot new Yankee hitter? The guy to watch?


SO I made a comment about it and worded it the way I did. Why did that seem so bad that it caused a damn message board avalanche of hate on me? SO ridiculous. I know why it's because of who opened their mouth about it and I'm tired of people playing favorites with certain posters due to their longevity on here. It's too crazy to believe sometimes.


I liked Luke ever since he got here and  he became a player I loved to watch him get up to the plate. He's tough, and plays hardball and has a great personality for Baseball.  Anyway For some reason Mo who always starts arguments with me and anyone she decides has offended the Yankees or one of their players, got a little to personal and absolutely missed the entire meaning of that post.


I come on too strong I get that, but that's me. If anyone doesn't like it or get it then they should block me or ignore me because their opinions or their loyalty to the Yankees are no more important  or stronger than mine and I never chase one of their posts to see if I disagree with it and start a damn riot over it. Best of all why did I have to defend myself over it because some who read it can't understand what they read?


Anyway, I read what you wrote there and I appreciate what you said. I don't entirely disagree with it. As for Judge being the face of the Yankees, of course he is. However he won nothing so why would they talk about him why would I? Luke and DJ are the BMOC right now and they deserved the attention. DJ had a few interviews also but he is quiet and shy so because Luke has that big smile and personality and that is what the media looks for so Luke was the man for a few days. The guy deserved it for sticking it out and playing all season even with his bad foot. SO I gave him, my favorite player, some attention also. I like all the Yankees every last one of them that ever played for them also! But I have and had favorites!  Wow, what a bad guy I am to some people. 


you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
5 months ago  ::  Oct 18, 2020 - 7:40AM #199
yankoldfan
Posts: 10,905

Oct 17, 2020 -- 6:46PM, newinn wrote:


Oct 17, 2020 -- 6:22PM, yankoldfan wrote:


I have one thing to add to all these players and who's the best and who's their favorites, we should all be fans and love the team, we all have to realize it's still not always the best teams that win the whole can of corn... These are all fine-tuned athletes and it's a challenge, the ones that rise to the occasion usually propels their team to victory.. My favorite player is from game to game, the one that helps the team win on that night is my favorite player... GO YANKEES IN 2021... I can't wait for the next season to start...





does that include Sanchez?




If Sanchez hits a winning home run, yes he's my fan of the game... I'm a team fan and always have been... Do I criticize players once in a while, like anyone, absolutely... 

5 months ago  ::  Oct 18, 2020 - 7:45AM #200
yankoldfan
Posts: 10,905

Oct 17, 2020 -- 6:48PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Oct 17, 2020 -- 6:22PM, yankoldfan wrote:


I have one thing to add to all these players and who's the best and who's their favorites, we should all be fans and love the team, we all have to realize it's still not always the best teams that win the whole can of corn... These are all fine-tuned athletes and it's a challenge, the ones that rise to the occasion usually propels their team to victory.. My favorite player is from game to game, the one that helps the team win on that night is my favorite player... GO YANKEES IN 2021... I can't wait for the next season to start...





I think that's a little odd, as most fans do have a favorite player.


The Yankees picked my favorite player when they made the Judge's chambers.




Why do you think it's a little odd ?? My true favorite players are players that are not playing the game anymore... Really, I'm a team kind of guy, so I have a lot of favorite players, it's all about winning to me, not saying winning is all or nothing to me, but put it this way, I'm a hell of a lot happier when they win than when they lose... But I don't bandwagon when they lose, I'm a Yankee fan and will die a Yankee fan...

Page 20 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum