Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Yanks going nowhere
1 month ago  ::  Sep 25, 2020 - 8:41AM #1
Tippy
Posts: 457
This team will be swept in the wild card round. They play with no sense of urgency. They should have tried for homefield. Boone babies the starters and these guys can't hit. Worst team in the AL.
1 month ago  ::  Sep 25, 2020 - 10:28AM #2
JEGnj
Posts: 454

Sometimes I wish MLB did not have guaranteed contracts so we can make some real moves. 

1 month ago  ::  Sep 25, 2020 - 10:31AM #3
Cocopugg
Posts: 7,039

Don't worry, we still have DVDs and videotapes that will always remind us of how great the Yankees used to be in the 20th century.

1 month ago  ::  Sep 25, 2020 - 10:52AM #4
yankoldfan
Posts: 10,533

Sep 25, 2020 -- 10:28AM, JEGnj wrote:

ToSometimes I wish MLB did not have guaranteed contracts so we can make some real moves. 




Totally agree, worst thing about MLB... I agree maybe a couple of years of guaranteed money, but after that, it should be what you do as too how long you will be under contract... The only way I think they should be guarantee money is when they are on the IL for a long period of time, that money shouldn't be connected to the salary cap or luxury tax if they aren't playing... But I blame the owners for this, they could have fought for this, the players union might not agree to it, but the owners hold all the cards, NFL NBA I think is this way...




1 month ago  ::  Sep 25, 2020 - 1:01PM #5
nyyrocks84
Posts: 368

Sep 25, 2020 -- 8:41AM, Tippy wrote:

This team will be swept in the wild card round. They play with no sense of urgency. They should have tried for homefield. Boone babies the starters and these guys can't hit. Worst team in the AL.



They aren't very far removed from winning 10 games in a row. Did you think they would get swept out after that stretch of games?


Playing the Yanks means you have to get through Cole, which won't be easy for any team. That being said, the best-of-3 then best-of-5 format is going to sink some really good teams. Let's see what happens!

1 month ago  ::  Sep 25, 2020 - 3:47PM #6
Rob
Posts: 1,042

Sep 25, 2020 -- 10:52AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Sep 25, 2020 -- 10:28AM, JEGnj wrote:

ToSometimes I wish MLB did not have guaranteed contracts so we can make some real moves. 




Totally agree, worst thing about MLB... I agree maybe a couple of years of guaranteed money, but after that, it should be what you do as too how long you will be under contract... The only way I think they should be guarantee money is when they are on the IL for a long period of time, that money shouldn't be connected to the salary cap or luxury tax if they aren't playing... But I blame the owners for this, they could have fought for this, the players union might not agree to it, but the owners hold all the cards, NFL NBA I think is this way...







Contracts for pre-free agent players are one yrear and not fully guaranteed.  teams can walk away from contracts awarded in arbitration paying only a small percentage of the award depending on how early they cut ties.  There is nothing stopping a team from offering non-guaranteed contracts.  Just that most players likely won't sign them.  Yankees could, for example, have offered Sevy and Hicks non-guaranteed portions in the extensions that they signed.  And some veterans may well be faced with a choice between a non-guaranteed contract or none at all this off season.


The Machados, Harpers, Coles of the world are still going to get the big guaranteed contracts that teams will almost always hate in the latter years.  but we are seeing more and more teams unwilling to offer big bucks and long terms to players over 30-31.  I think Judge will be a FA at age 30.  Ten years ago he coupld hope for maybe 7-8 years at $30 M.  Now he is probably looking at 4 years max if he hits free agency.


NFL style contracts would certainly help clear out some of the dead wood, but the union would absolutely never agree to it and the owners cannot arbitrarily allo decide to stop giving out guaranteed contracts as that would be collusion.

1 month ago  ::  Sep 25, 2020 - 5:20PM #7
mscamaguey
Posts: 983

The Yanks have one starter Cole. Tanaka is not what he was and now it is one good game one bad game. Happ has pitched well lately, and that is it! They play with no energy or care. They will play 3 games VS the Marlins, starting tonight and the Marlins are hoping the Yank's inability to hit or pitch continues so they can get into the Playoffs. Mattingly wants to do it in New York, and I am sure Jeter wants the same. This team does not care one way or another. So Advantage Marlins.


A proud Yankee Team would sweep them, but this is not a proud Team after winning 10 in a row they went back to being horrid. I never wanted this team in the playoffs because I felt the fans would be embarrassed if they lost in the first round and I believe that is exactly what is going to happen. Yanks do not have what it takes to win it all because for that you need real effort every day by the entire team and unrelenting pride.


Yesterday I did not watch them or the Dolphin for the same reason and I found out this morning the Dolphins won, but they are still bad. The Yanks did what I expected them to do. Tanaka was the skipper of the titanic and he said he is looking forward to pitch in the West Coast because his family will be present. He is talking about the Playoffs.


Boone just gives excuses, but it is the Team the one that must produce The Yanks Excel when they are hot, no one is better, but when they are not, no one is worst.


By the way if they did not have a guaranteed contract those that are the usual suspects every yea in the IL would play every day no matter what? Stanton would have been gone a long time ago if he did not have a guarantee contract.

1 month ago  ::  Sep 25, 2020 - 5:20PM #8
Jon
Posts: 2,334

Yanks already lost?

1 month ago  ::  Sep 25, 2020 - 5:37PM #9
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 80,642

Sep 25, 2020 -- 5:20PM, mscamaguey wrote:


The Yanks have one starter Cole. Tanaka is not what he was and now it is one good game one bad game. Happ has pitched well lately, and that is it! They play with no energy or care. They will play 3 games VS the Marlins, starting tonight and the Marlins are hoping the Yank's inability to hit or pitch continues so they can get into the Playoffs. Mattingly wants to do it in New York, and I am sure Jeter wants the same. This team does not care one way or another. So Advantage Marlins.


A proud Yankee Team would sweep them, but this is not a proud Team after winning 10 in a row they went back to being horrid. I never wanted this team in the playoffs because I felt the fans would be embarrassed if they lost in the first round and I believe that is exactly what is going to happen. Yanks do not have what it takes to win it all because for that you need real effort every day by the entire team and unrelenting pride.


Yesterday I did not watch them or the Dolphin for the same reason and I found out this morning the Dolphins won, but they are still bad. The Yanks did what I expected them to do. Tanaka was the skipper of the titanic and he said he is looking forward to pitch in the West Coast because his family will be present. He is talking about the Playoffs.


Boone just gives excuses, but it is the Team the one that must produce The Yanks Excel when they are hot, no one is better, but when they are not, no one is worst.


By the way if they did not have a guaranteed contract those that are the usual suspects every yea in the IL would play every day no matter what? Stanton would have been gone a long time ago if he did not have a guarantee contract.




First of all you are a fair weather Yankee fan ... when they are doing well we never see you ... but when they lose you come arouond with your incessant negativity.


And Judge does not have a contract and he goes on the IL ... so your assumption is wrong.

1 month ago  ::  Sep 25, 2020 - 8:32PM #10
Jon
Posts: 2,334

One stat gives me pause:


Yanks vs. Red Sox and Orioles: 16-4


Yanks vs everyone else: 16-21

Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum