Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
The shame of the 43 - Trump acquitted
2 months ago  ::  Feb 14, 2021 - 3:19PM #11
NW
Posts: 2,831

Feb 14, 2021 -- 10:23AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Feb 14, 2021 -- 9:35AM, SSBob wrote:


Feb 14, 2021 -- 8:42AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Our only hope now is that Trump will be taken up on criminal charges for January 6 ... it would be a shame if he got away with his actions and inaction.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It'd be tough to convict him on a criminal charge of incitement. Let Georgia go after him for meddling in their election; NY State & City have been compiling evidence in their cases. He's also got civil cases to deal with.




I'd charge him with manslaughter.



Negligent Manslaughter is defined as the killing of another person through gross negligence. Any death of an individual resulting from the negligent act of another individual is included in this category.




For once, Bob is right.  Democrats knew from the start that the criminal charge of incitement wouldn't stick, despite that I clearly think his actions incited the crowd.  There's a big difference between your words inciting the crowd and you having intent to incite.  If I was a lawyer, I would argue that there was really no positive end to his planning to incite the attack.  You don't send a crowd of a few hundred idiots to overthrow the government.  If Trump was really planning on doing that, he would have tried to make in-roads with high military officers and police.


Mo's idea of criminally negligent homicide is a different animal.  I do think that he was grossly negligent in performing the duties of his office by not realizing how his words might be interpreted into action by his base.  He wouldn't be able to be charged in the deaths of the protesters but he probably could be charged in the death of the police officers.  Criminially negligent homicide has, in New York at least, a term of 1 1/3 to 4 years though people generally don't do jail time under this charge.  It would, however, be a felony conviction and a prohibition from holding federal office.  

2 months ago  ::  Feb 14, 2021 - 3:35PM #12
SSBob
Posts: 7,236

Feb 14, 2021 -- 3:19PM, NW wrote:


Feb 14, 2021 -- 10:23AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Feb 14, 2021 -- 9:35AM, SSBob wrote:


Feb 14, 2021 -- 8:42AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Our only hope now is that Trump will be taken up on criminal charges for January 6 ... it would be a shame if he got away with his actions and inaction.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It'd be tough to convict him on a criminal charge of incitement. Let Georgia go after him for meddling in their election; NY State & City have been compiling evidence in their cases. He's also got civil cases to deal with.




I'd charge him with manslaughter.



Negligent Manslaughter is defined as the killing of another person through gross negligence. Any death of an individual resulting from the negligent act of another individual is included in this category.




For once, Bob is right.  Democrats knew from the start that the criminal charge of incitement wouldn't stick, despite that I clearly think his actions incited the crowd.  There's a big difference between your words inciting the crowd and you having intent to incite.  




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


As usual, you're wrong.* Impeachment is not a criminal trial; there is no "criminal" charge.


*I'll add that to the long & growing list of lies and misinformation you post.

2 months ago  ::  Feb 14, 2021 - 3:40PM #13
SSBob
Posts: 7,236

Feb 14, 2021 -- 3:19PM, NW wrote:


If I was a lawyer, I would argue that there was really no positive end to his planning to incite the attack.  You don't send a crowd of a few hundred idiots to overthrow the government.  If Trump was really planning on doing that, he would have tried to make in-roads with high military officers and police.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Obviously, you're not a lawyer. Trump's objective was not to "overthrow the government". His objective was to buy time to continue trying to steal the election by delaying the EC vote count. 

2 months ago  ::  Feb 14, 2021 - 3:57PM #14
NW
Posts: 2,831
Bob,

I never said that impeachment was a criminal trial. I said that Democrats knew that the criminal charge of incitement wasn't met, and they knew it would never make a criminal court.
2 months ago  ::  Feb 14, 2021 - 4:00PM #15
SSBob
Posts: 7,236

Feb 14, 2021 -- 3:57PM, NW wrote:

Bob, I never said that impeachment was a criminal trial. I said that Democrats knew that the criminal charge of incitement wasn't met, and they knew it would never make a criminal court.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Then, what was your point?


"Democrats knew from the start that the criminal charge of incitement wouldn't stick..."

2 months ago  ::  Feb 14, 2021 - 4:26PM #16
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 81,564

Feb 14, 2021 -- 3:19PM, NW wrote:


Feb 14, 2021 -- 10:23AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Feb 14, 2021 -- 9:35AM, SSBob wrote:


Feb 14, 2021 -- 8:42AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Our only hope now is that Trump will be taken up on criminal charges for January 6 ... it would be a shame if he got away with his actions and inaction.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It'd be tough to convict him on a criminal charge of incitement. Let Georgia go after him for meddling in their election; NY State & City have been compiling evidence in their cases. He's also got civil cases to deal with.




I'd charge him with manslaughter.



Negligent Manslaughter is defined as the killing of another person through gross negligence. Any death of an individual resulting from the negligent act of another individual is included in this category.




For once, Bob is right.  Democrats knew from the start that the criminal charge of incitement wouldn't stick, despite that I clearly think his actions incited the crowd.  There's a big difference between your words inciting the crowd and you having intent to incite.  If I was a lawyer, I would argue that there was really no positive end to his planning to incite the attack.  You don't send a crowd of a few hundred idiots to overthrow the government.  If Trump was really planning on doing that, he would have tried to make in-roads with high military officers and police.


Mo's idea of criminally negligent homicide is a different animal.  I do think that he was grossly negligent in performing the duties of his office by not realizing how his words might be interpreted into action by his base.  He wouldn't be able to be charged in the deaths of the protesters but he probably could be charged in the death of the police officers.  Criminially negligent homicide has, in New York at least, a term of 1 1/3 to 4 years though people generally don't do jail time under this charge.  It would, however, be a felony conviction and a prohibition from holding federal office.  




That's all I'm hoping for ... a felony conviction ... and that's if you can get an unbiased jury.

2 months ago  ::  Feb 14, 2021 - 8:37PM #17
yankoldfan
Posts: 10,990

Feb 14, 2021 -- 4:26PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Feb 14, 2021 -- 3:19PM, NW wrote:


Feb 14, 2021 -- 10:23AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Feb 14, 2021 -- 9:35AM, SSBob wrote:


Feb 14, 2021 -- 8:42AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Our only hope now is that Trump will be taken up on criminal charges for January 6 ... it would be a shame if he got away with his actions and inaction.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It'd be tough to convict him on a criminal charge of incitement. Let Georgia go after him for meddling in their election; NY State & City have been compiling evidence in their cases. He's also got civil cases to deal with.




I'd charge him with manslaughter.



Negligent Manslaughter is defined as the killing of another person through gross negligence. Any death of an individual resulting from the negligent act of another individual is included in this category.




For once, Bob is right.  Democrats knew from the start that the criminal charge of incitement wouldn't stick, despite that I clearly think his actions incited the crowd.  There's a big difference between your words inciting the crowd and you having intent to incite.  If I was a lawyer, I would argue that there was really no positive end to his planning to incite the attack.  You don't send a crowd of a few hundred idiots to overthrow the government.  If Trump was really planning on doing that, he would have tried to make in-roads with high military officers and police.


Mo's idea of criminally negligent homicide is a different animal.  I do think that he was grossly negligent in performing the duties of his office by not realizing how his words might be interpreted into action by his base.  He wouldn't be able to be charged in the deaths of the protesters but he probably could be charged in the death of the police officers.  Criminially negligent homicide has, in New York at least, a term of 1 1/3 to 4 years though people generally don't do jail time under this charge.  It would, however, be a felony conviction and a prohibition from holding federal office.  




That's all I'm hoping for ... a felony conviction ... and that's if you can get an unbiased jury.




Just keep the spinless (R) senators as far away as posible... After donald gets accused of criminally negligent homicide, charge them as well... 

2 months ago  ::  Feb 14, 2021 - 9:28PM #18
NY23
Posts: 13,805



Rep Jamie Raskin Says He 'Demolished' Trump Lawyers, But Can't Reason With 'Religious Cult'












Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum