Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 5 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next
Pineda Surgery
10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 6:03PM #41
JoeGNJ
Posts: 15,926

Apr 25, 2012 -- 5:48PM, Hustleorbench wrote:


Apr 25, 2012 -- 5:48PM, JoeGNJ wrote:


Do any of you Doomsdayers beove that the human body can heal?  He's injured, theylll take care of him and he'll get rehabbed.




Torn Labrum is no joke.




No one said its a joke. But the way 90% of the posters are reacting here youd think it was the end of the world. It couldve been way way worse. Give the guy a chance to get it fixed, rehabbed and try to pitch. Then you can jump off the cliffs if it doesnt turn out the way you like. Til then, we have 5 months of MLB to play.

JoeGNJ - 2Timothy 4:7 - Acts 20:24
10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 6:10PM #42
TheIronHorse
Posts: 845

Apr 25, 2012 -- 6:03PM, JoeGNJ wrote:


Apr 25, 2012 -- 5:48PM, Hustleorbench wrote:


Apr 25, 2012 -- 5:48PM, JoeGNJ wrote:


Do any of you Doomsdayers beove that the human body can heal?  He's injured, theylll take care of him and he'll get rehabbed.




Torn Labrum is no joke.




No one said its a joke. But the way 90% of the posters are reacting here youd think it was the end of the world. It couldve been way way worse. Give the guy a chance to get it fixed, rehabbed and try to pitch. Then you can jump off the cliffs if it doesnt turn out the way you like. Til then, we have 5 months of MLB to play.





It could have been worse. He could have had a heart attack or a stroke. However, on the scale of him being a front line starter, this is close to as bad as it gets. It wasn't the rotator cuff, but most pitchers do not come back from any kind of shoulder surgery to be the pitcher they were before the surgery.

10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 6:10PM #43
ArtVandelay
Posts: 34,732

out for 2012, 2013 they'll treat him like a 15th century Ming Vase, then the next year he'll be on some more ridiculous innings/pitch count limits... 

10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 6:12PM #44
JoeGNJ
Posts: 15,926

Apr 25, 2012 -- 6:10PM, TheIronHorse wrote:


Apr 25, 2012 -- 6:03PM, JoeGNJ wrote:


Apr 25, 2012 -- 5:48PM, Hustleorbench wrote:


Apr 25, 2012 -- 5:48PM, JoeGNJ wrote:


Do any of you Doomsdayers beove that the human body can heal?  He's injured, theylll take care of him and he'll get rehabbed.




Torn Labrum is no joke.




No one said its a joke. But the way 90% of the posters are reacting here youd think it was the end of the world. It couldve been way way worse. Give the guy a chance to get it fixed, rehabbed and try to pitch. Then you can jump off the cliffs if it doesnt turn out the way you like. Til then, we have 5 months of MLB to play.





It could have been worse. He could have had a heart attack or a stroke. However, on the scale of him being a front line starter, this is close to as bad as it gets. It wasn't the rotator cuff, but most pitchers do not come back from any kind of shoulder surgery.




JoeGNJ - 2Timothy 4:7 - Acts 20:24
10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 6:15PM #45
Searle
Posts: 3,088

relax people, this will make it all better:


"Marc Craig:


Erik Bedardd went through this surgery."

10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 6:15PM #46
bugatti
Posts: 6

Apr 25, 2012 -- 6:10PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


out for 2012, 2013 they'll treat him like a 15th century Ming Vase, then the next year he'll be on some more ridiculous innings/pitch count limits... 




yep.  


Hey are, are you an importer/exporter? lol

10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 6:17PM #47
bugatti
Posts: 6

I never thought I would say this, but I wish we kept AJ.

10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 6:21PM #48
TheIronHorse
Posts: 845

Apr 25, 2012 -- 6:12PM, JoeGNJ wrote:


Apr 25, 2012 -- 6:10PM, TheIronHorse wrote:


Apr 25, 2012 -- 6:03PM, JoeGNJ wrote:


Apr 25, 2012 -- 5:48PM, Hustleorbench wrote:


Apr 25, 2012 -- 5:48PM, JoeGNJ wrote:


Do any of you Doomsdayers beove that the human body can heal?  He's injured, theylll take care of him and he'll get rehabbed.




Torn Labrum is no joke.




No one said its a joke. But the way 90% of the posters are reacting here youd think it was the end of the world. It couldve been way way worse. Give the guy a chance to get it fixed, rehabbed and try to pitch. Then you can jump off the cliffs if it doesnt turn out the way you like. Til then, we have 5 months of MLB to play.





It could have been worse. He could have had a heart attack or a stroke. However, on the scale of him being a front line starter, this is close to as bad as it gets. It wasn't the rotator cuff, but most pitchers do not come back from any kind of shoulder surgery.







Don't worry, it will stop eventually. I mean Montero should be due to retire in about 15 years. He should certainly decline from his peak after 10. So give it 10 years.

10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 6:22PM #49
BW26
Posts: 7,662

Just saw Al Leiter on MLB Network





He said he had the same injury. It took him  a whole  year to re-hab. He  said he knew something was



wrong because a pitcher does not lose 5 mph off his fastball without something being wrong.



He said that he over compensended with his other muscles in his arm  and was probably pushing it ,( to get the velocity up) and this caused the tear.



Also he sited that it might have been the innings increase last year.

[
10 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 6:23PM #50
TheIronHorse
Posts: 845

Apr 25, 2012 -- 6:22PM, BW26 wrote:


Just saw Al Leiter on MLB Network





He said he had the same injury. It took him  a whole  year to re-hab. He  said he knew something was



wrong because a pitcher does not lose 5 mph off his fastball without something being wrong.



He said that he over compensended with his other muscles in his arm  and was probably pushing it ,( to get the velocity up) and this caused the tear.



Also he sited that it might have been the innings increase last year.




The Verducci affect. That's what I think as well.

Page 5 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum