Network Forums Yankees Hey, since no one is saying it...........
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Hey, since no one is saying it...........
10 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2012 - 9:50PM #21
Lola
Posts: 29,262
Sorry.... It's this damn phone. It freezes up and then double posts.
10 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2012 - 10:05PM #22
ratmann
Posts: 976

Jul 4, 2012 -- 9:50PM, Lola wrote:

Sorry.... It's this damn phone. It freezes up and then double posts.




i dont bother using yes on my phone

10 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2012 - 11:46PM #23
ArtVandelay
Posts: 34,732

Jul 4, 2012 -- 9:36PM, ratmann wrote:


Jul 4, 2012 -- 9:35PM, Lola wrote:

I don't think the sane people have forgotten how good this team is.... it's the lunatics who think we're going to win every game.



i dont know anyone who thinks  the yanks are gonna win every game . 




I know someone who thinks we are going to lose every game...

10 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2012 - 11:48PM #24
ArtVandelay
Posts: 34,732

Jul 4, 2012 -- 8:11PM, GlenninVirginia wrote:


It was one of ARod's best games.  I never, in 56 years as a Yankee fan, saw or heard tell of anybody stealing third base twice in the same inning (much less with the same batter up.)


Only better base running was when Damon stole two bases on one pitch in the World Series.




I never saw interfernce called on an ump - I always thought they were considered part of the field, like if a ball heading for center hit the second base ump and bounced to the 2nd baseman and he threw the guy out the runner would be out - the hitter wouldn't be awarded a hit.  So if what happened today is the correct call if the catcher thinks the guy has the base stolen he should just move back and let his arm hit the ump....

10 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2012 - 12:30AM #25
AJFreeway
Posts: 5,687

"Ump interference" is the biggest joke in the history of mankind. If I'm the Tampa manager, I'm going to have my catcher "accidentally" bump into the umpire during my throw when I feel like the opponent is almost certain to have stolen the base. The runner will then be forced to return back to first base and try and re-steal the bag, and the other manager cannot argue the call.


Baseball has been around for 140 years and they can still allow these shenanigans to occur? 

"There is a fine line between 'extended slump' and 'bad hitter.'"

10 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2012 - 9:24AM #26
TheStripes
Posts: 2,169

Heck in the postgame show on MLB network Jim Kaat said in 50 years of announcing and playing he's never seen that call. They said the right call was made but didn't bring up the fact that the catcher jumped back some (YES commentators pointed it out in the replay) which put the defender closer to the umpire. The strange thing about it is if the catcher throws the runner out he's out if the runner is safe he goes back.


It bears watching in future games but I was thinking the whole game Rays batters were making half hearted attempts to get out of Martins throwing lane when they were attempting to steal. On one occasion in the replay you could see Martin saying something to the umpire but I guess that could of been anything.

Salute to the USMC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1gTdbL83e4

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

and with his stripes we are healed
10 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2012 - 11:19AM #27
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,841

Jul 4, 2012 -- 9:26PM, Lola wrote:

Arods a good baserunner He's 6-0' he may not be the fastest runner but he's smart....



Actually he is 6'3.

10 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2012 - 11:51AM #28
luvdayanks
Posts: 31,213

Jul 5, 2012 -- 12:30AM, AJFreeway wrote:


"Ump interference" is the biggest joke in the history of mankind. If I'm the Tampa manager, I'm going to have my catcher "accidentally" bump into the umpire during my throw when I feel like the opponent is almost certain to have stolen the base. The runner will then be forced to return back to first base and try and re-steal the bag, and the other manager cannot argue the call.


Baseball has been around for 140 years and they can still allow these shenanigans to occur? 





I totally agree, AJ. First of all the catcher stepped back into the ump and second the ump should not have been that close and shoud have stepped back himself. Oh well, in the long run, it meant squat because they won, but I get your point.

10 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2012 - 12:23PM #29
BigGuy
Posts: 66,015

Great game by Phelps yesterday, on the road, and against a guy who's one of the best in the game.  Arod's hustle was very impressive.  Huge win.  They needed that one.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
10 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2012 - 12:40PM #30
Lola
Posts: 29,262

Jul 4, 2012 -- 11:46PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Jul 4, 2012 -- 9:36PM, ratmann wrote:


Jul 4, 2012 -- 9:35PM, Lola wrote:

I don't think the sane people have forgotten how good this team is.... it's the lunatics who think we're going to win every game.



i dont know anyone who thinks  the yanks are gonna win every game . 




I know someone who thinks we are going to lose every game...




lol! And that will never change. Wink

Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Hey, since no one is saying it...........
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum