Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 5 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
brian wilson as closer?
9 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 7:44PM #41
davis2
Posts: 19,213

Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:08PM, newinn wrote:


Give Drob the ball in the 9th and call it a day. Geez we might as well just sell the farm system because so many here don't ever want to give anyone under 35 a chance



Will they sign us?

9 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 8:28PM #42
newinn
Posts: 39,132

Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:40PM, JoeGNJ wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:08PM, newinn wrote:


Give Drob the ball in the 9th and call it a day. Geez we might as well just sell the farm system because so many here don't ever want to give anyone under 35 a chance




My issue with him New is that he hasnt learend to be more economical with his pitches. I just cant see him going 2-3 games in a row like Mo could do. Geeze, Mo put up one of his best seasons saves wise of his career this year. Man is he going to be missed. 





That's been my issue with him also Joe but I thought he was more economical this year. With all the holes on this team, I can't see going out and spending money on a closer. Gotta give the young guys a chance Joe. IMO it's his job to lose

9 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 8:29PM #43
newinn
Posts: 39,132

Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:44PM, davis2 wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:08PM, newinn wrote:


Give Drob the ball in the 9th and call it a day. Geez we might as well just sell the farm system because so many here don't ever want to give anyone under 35 a chance



Will they sign us?





I don't know about you but at 63 I'm still a little too young yet

9 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 8:42PM #44
AceMitchell
Posts: 7,196

Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:42PM, davis2 wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 6:39PM, AceMitchell wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 2:55PM, Yes36223 wrote:


I don't understand the hype surrounding Brian Wilson. ???


Why are some so hesitant to give Drob a chance in the closer role? ???




Because Yankee fans want sure things no matter how often they scream give kids a chance. The book written is he can't close even though he's never been given the chance to be the closer because the best closer of all time was capping off a great career.. He hasn't even failed yet as the closer on the team but "He doesn't have what it takes" Can he at least fail before the book is closed on him pitching the 9th. He might not be able to do the job but he should be given a chance. They have been grooming him for this role since 2010 or 2011. 



Robbie Cano wants Uehara...





Not sure if I would spend money on him. He might be looking to cash in big plus the there is a vesting option for next yr.

To anyone going through a difficult time right now  remember someone always has it worse.
9 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 8:43PM #45
luvdayanks
Posts: 31,514

Oct 19, 2013 -- 8:29PM, newinn wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:44PM, davis2 wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:08PM, newinn wrote:


Give Drob the ball in the 9th and call it a day. Geez we might as well just sell the farm system because so many here don't ever want to give anyone under 35 a chance



Will they sign us?





I don't know about you but at 63 I'm still a little too young yet





Get in line new.


9 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 9:02PM #46
AceMitchell
Posts: 7,196

Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:24PM, NYYGuy wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:13PM, AceMitchell wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:08PM, newinn wrote:


Give Drob the ball in the 9th and call it a day. Geez we might as well just sell the farm system because so many here don't ever want to give anyone under 35 a chance




It's not just on here but on different boards and even some on the radio. If doesn't pitch well and fails then they know he can't do it but at least give him a chance. Where is the harm in that?




Agreed with both you guys. I'd still like to see a competition in spring training. If D-Rob has what it takes to be closer then he will win that competition.


And I think he does and will.






Yea if there is a competition in spring then I'm all for it. 

To anyone going through a difficult time right now  remember someone always has it worse.
9 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 9:17PM #47
luvdayanks
Posts: 31,514

Oct 19, 2013 -- 9:02PM, AceMitchell wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:24PM, NYYGuy wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:13PM, AceMitchell wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:08PM, newinn wrote:


Give Drob the ball in the 9th and call it a day. Geez we might as well just sell the farm system because so many here don't ever want to give anyone under 35 a chance




It's not just on here but on different boards and even some on the radio. If doesn't pitch well and fails then they know he can't do it but at least give him a chance. Where is the harm in that?




Agreed with both you guys. I'd still like to see a competition in spring training. If D-Rob has what it takes to be closer then he will win that competition.


And I think he does and will.






Yea if there is a competition in spring then I'm all for it. 





I'm sure there will be a competition with the possibility of a FA contending also. Hey Ace, I hear Paplepoop would like to close here.Tongue Out

9 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 9:19PM #48
AceMitchell
Posts: 7,196

Oct 19, 2013 -- 9:17PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 9:02PM, AceMitchell wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:24PM, NYYGuy wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:13PM, AceMitchell wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:08PM, newinn wrote:


Give Drob the ball in the 9th and call it a day. Geez we might as well just sell the farm system because so many here don't ever want to give anyone under 35 a chance




It's not just on here but on different boards and even some on the radio. If doesn't pitch well and fails then they know he can't do it but at least give him a chance. Where is the harm in that?




Agreed with both you guys. I'd still like to see a competition in spring training. If D-Rob has what it takes to be closer then he will win that competition.


And I think he does and will.






Yea if there is a competition in spring then I'm all for it. 





I'm sure there will be a competition with the possibility of a FA contending also. Hey Ace, I hear Paplepoop would like to close here.Tongue Out




lol


The fans would riot if that happened. 

To anyone going through a difficult time right now  remember someone always has it worse.
9 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 9:22PM #49
davis2
Posts: 19,213

Oct 19, 2013 -- 8:29PM, newinn wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:44PM, davis2 wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 7:08PM, newinn wrote:


Give Drob the ball in the 9th and call it a day. Geez we might as well just sell the farm system because so many here don't ever want to give anyone under 35 a chance



Will they sign us?





I don't know about you but at 63 I'm still a little too young yet



I'm a puppy at 47...

9 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 9:23PM #50
T15D23A46
Posts: 5,953

The kids are not all right in our organization. 


I have spent many summers with season tickets to both Yankee Stadium and Richmond County Stadium. I saw Cano on Staten Island, Wang on Staten Island and others including Gardner who after I saw him play his first week in SI, came on this very board and announced we have our Aaron Rowand in Single A...


I have zero confidence in Robertson being able to go through the league and saving games, of course, if there is nothing to save, sure give him a shot.


If this was 2007 going into 2008, and Mo was retiring in 2008, no doubt we would have all felt comfortable handing it over to Joba. I have no confidence in Robertson, but if that is the way it will be, then I can only hope we are constantly blowing out the competition and not having to test it.


I have to ask why anyone would have confidence in Robertson? 


All one has to look at is what happened on 9/22 when he gave up a double to let a run in giving Pettitte the loss. 


I see nothing special about him, nothing at all. I think this is the equivalent of making Jeff Nelson the closer.


Oct 19, 2013 -- 6:39PM, AceMitchell wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 2:55PM, Yes36223 wrote:


I don't understand the hype surrounding Brian Wilson. ???


Why are some so hesitant to give Drob a chance in the closer role? ???




Because Yankee fans want sure things no matter how often they scream give kids a chance. The book written is he can't close even though he's never been given the chance to be the closer because the best closer of all time was capping off a great career.. He hasn't even failed yet as the closer on the team but "He doesn't have what it takes" Can he at least fail before the book is closed on him pitching the 9th. He might not be able to do the job but he should be given a chance. They have been grooming him for this role since 2010 or 2011. 





-------------------------
T15D23

- 11/25/03 GBMA

- 6/11/04 GBCJ

- 6/9/07 God Bless Leo

- 10/16/07 God Bless Huck

- 11/12/11 God Bless Mom

- 09/24/14 God Bless Dad

-------------------------
Page 5 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum