Network Forums Yankees Here we go as in Hot Stove baseball....Yankees...
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Here we go as in Hot Stove baseball....Yankees make qualifying offers to Cano, Kuroda, Granderson
8 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2013 - 2:05PM #1
laurenfrances
Posts: 44,649


This is fun times for MLB Traderumors!!  The clock is ticking, as 4PM central time, Nov 11th for Granderson to make a decision.  Players have till next Monday to accept or reject.

Yankees make qualifying offers to Cano, Kuroda, Granderson


By 



The Yankees have officially extended qualifying offers to Robinson CanoHiroki Kuroda, andCurtis Granderson, the team announced. Qualifying offers are worth $14.1M this offseason. Players have until next Monday to either accept or reject the offer. If they reject and sign with another team, the Yankees will receive a supplemental first round pick as compensation regardless of whether their new team has a protected first rounder. All three guys are likely to reject the offer and test the open market.


Yankees Make Qualifying Offers To Cano, Granderson, Kuroda



The Yankees made qualifying offers to Robinson CanoCurtis Granderson, and Hiroki Kuroda, according to a team press release.


As the top free agent on the market, making the $14.1MM qualifying offer to Cano was a no-brainer and ensures the Yankees will at least receive a draft pick if he signs elsewhere.  Kuroda was considered likely to get a qualifying offer, after the 38-year-old posted a 3.31 ERA in 201 1/3 innings.  There is a chance he could accept, although that would be a mild pay cut from this year's $15MM.  


Granderson was the biggest question mark, after a couple of broken bones limited the slugger to 61 games this year.  Agent Matt Brown recently admitted to Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News there's "definitely a possibility" of his client accepting the offer.  I think Granderson will decline, however, as he can still do well in the free agent market with a draft pick attached.  Granderson has until 4pm central time on November 11th to decide whether to accept.


8 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2013 - 2:16PM #2
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,638

?? Robinson Cano

8 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2013 - 2:17PM #3
laurenfrances
Posts: 44,649

Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:16PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


?? Robinson Cano




Yeah all listed will have till next Monday to make decisions to stay or go....

8 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2013 - 2:28PM #4
laurenfrances
Posts: 44,649
That means if Yankees or other team signs him, they will lose 1st-round pick.....Is he worth a 1st round pick????  It goes without saying, teams with 10 worst records lose 2d-round pick.

Carlos Beltran Receives Qualifying Offer


By Steve Adams [November 4 at 1:13pm CST]


The Cardinals have extended a qualifying offer to right fielder Carlos Beltran, according to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (Twitter link). Should Beltran reject the qualifying offer, which is valued at one year and $14.1MM, the Cardinals will be eligible to receive a compensatory draft pick should he sign elsewhere.


Beltran saw a decline in his plate discipline, defense and offense from the right side of the dish in 2013, but he still slashed a robust .296/.339/.491 with 24 home runs in an even 600 plate appearances. In my free agent profile for Beltran last month, I predicted that he could sign a two-year, $30MM contract to cover his age 37-38 seasons. Beltran and the Yankees are rumored to have mutual interest.


You can keep track of Beltran and all of baseball's free agents this offseason by usingMLBTR's Free Agent Tracker.

8 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2013 - 2:41PM #5
laurenfrances
Posts: 44,649

 




Players with Qualifying offers


Carlos Beltran RF Yes (Received)
Robinson Cano 2B Yes (Received)
Nelson Cruz RF Yes (Received)
Stephen Drew SS Yes (Received)
Jacoby Ellsbury CF Yes (Received)
Curtis Granderson LF / RF / CF Yes (Received)
Ubaldo Jimenez SP Yes (Received)
Hiroki Kuroda SP Yes (Received)
Brian McCann C Yes (Received)
Mike Napoli 1B Yes (Received)
Ervin Santana SP Yes (Received)


8 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2013 - 2:47PM #6
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,638

Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:17PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:16PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


?? Robinson Cano




Yeah all listed will have till next Monday to make decisions to stay or go....





Hold on ... didn't they say they were going to make him a solid offer?

8 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2013 - 2:51PM #7
BigGuy
Posts: 66,015

Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:47PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:17PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:16PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


?? Robinson Cano




Yeah all listed will have till next Monday to make decisions to stay or go....





Hold on ... didn't they say they were going to make him a solid offer?




They'll probably let him test the FA market to see what the interest is.  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to just make an offer right now because you'd basically be bidding against yourself.  If he has no market out there the price could drop.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
8 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2013 - 2:51PM #8
laurenfrances
Posts: 44,649

Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:47PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:17PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:16PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


?? Robinson Cano




Yeah all listed will have till next Monday to make decisions to stay or go....





Hold on ... didn't they say they were going to make him a solid offer?




Offer or otherwise, Cano has consistently said, he wants to test the free agent market.  He'll see what the market bears priority to Yankees matching it. Yankees should learn from previous mistakes in regards to bidding against them self.  Lets see who will be knocking....

8 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2013 - 3:03PM #9
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,638

Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:51PM, BigGuy wrote:


Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:47PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:17PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:16PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


?? Robinson Cano




Yeah all listed will have till next Monday to make decisions to stay or go....





Hold on ... didn't they say they were going to make him a solid offer?




They'll probably let him test the FA market to see what the interest is.  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to just make an offer right now because you'd basically be bidding against yourself.  If he has no market out there the price could drop.





I also figure they didn't worry about making him an offer because he came right out and said that he was going to see what was available to him ... never came out and said he was interested in remaining a Yankee!

8 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2013 - 3:04PM #10
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,638

Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:51PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:47PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:17PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Nov 4, 2013 -- 2:16PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


?? Robinson Cano




Yeah all listed will have till next Monday to make decisions to stay or go....





Hold on ... didn't they say they were going to make him a solid offer?




Offer or otherwise, Cano has consistently said, he wants to test the free agent market.  He'll see what the market bears priority to Yankees matching it. Yankees should learn from previous mistakes in regards to bidding against them self.  Lets see who will be knocking....





If he's not interested in remaining a Yankee after coming up through the system, then I don't care if he walks.

Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Here we go as in Hot Stove baseball....Yankees...
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum