Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 21 of 26  •  Prev 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 Next
How does Cashman Keep His Job?
8 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2014 - 4:07PM #201
ArtVandelay
Posts: 34,732

Lincoln was an OK movie - could have been great but it missed the mark.  Lewis was scary good in that I felt like I was seeing honest Abe on screen.  The rest was just ok, the montage of them getting the votes was like out of bad 80's flick - they should have just played "Let's Hear it for the Boy" during that scene.  (let's see who gets that...)

8 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2014 - 4:36PM #202
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,835

Nov 1, 2014 -- 9:00AM, YankeeLoon wrote:

Preach it bruth....but some are just bad seeds. #takeonefortheteamandJump



Know a family that had 3 children, sons turned out great, daughter turned out horrible ... parents were great ... you're right, some are just bad seeds.

8 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2014 - 5:39PM #203
yank0428
Posts: 18,446

Nov 3, 2014 -- 2:28PM, bomberhojoe wrote:


Nov 3, 2014 -- 1:37PM, yank0428 wrote:


Nov 3, 2014 -- 11:05AM, bomberhojoe wrote:


Other than "Godfather 3" and "Goodfellas", I haven't seen any of the movies mentioned in this thread. Most of them, in fact, I've never even heard of.




Bomber stop reading books and this message board and doing things out of the house and instead rent these movies, sit in front of the TV and watch all of them. I await your reviews.




HAHA, well you are partially right.  I do read quite a bit.  Mostly the Bible and books related to Scripture and history.  I do, however, watch some TV. Most of what I watch is old reruns.  "M*A*S*H" (original with Henry and Trapper), "Columbo", "Taxi", "Odd Couple" (some of the all-time great shows).  THe movies are usually older movies as well.  Last week, for example, I watched "Cool Hand Luke" again.  The most recent good movie I saw was "Captain Phillips."



Bomber you like what you like. From reading your post you might not like some of the suggested movie.  Did you see Braveheart and Gladiator. I thought both were great movies. 


Cool Hand Luke was one of my favorite movies. Paul Newman was great in it. Also in Butch Cassidy. He made a lot of great movies. Hombre I liked to.He was a great actor up till the end.


Taxi was a great show. Mash I liked the early years also, then it got a little preachy. Seinfeld was great until Larry David left. I liked Cheers.

8 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2014 - 5:53PM #204
ArtVandelay
Posts: 34,732

Nov 3, 2014 -- 5:39PM, yank0428 wrote:


Nov 3, 2014 -- 2:28PM, bomberhojoe wrote:


Nov 3, 2014 -- 1:37PM, yank0428 wrote:


Nov 3, 2014 -- 11:05AM, bomberhojoe wrote:


Other than "Godfather 3" and "Goodfellas", I haven't seen any of the movies mentioned in this thread. Most of them, in fact, I've never even heard of.




Bomber stop reading books and this message board and doing things out of the house and instead rent these movies, sit in front of the TV and watch all of them. I await your reviews.




HAHA, well you are partially right.  I do read quite a bit.  Mostly the Bible and books related to Scripture and history.  I do, however, watch some TV. Most of what I watch is old reruns.  "M*A*S*H" (original with Henry and Trapper), "Columbo", "Taxi", "Odd Couple" (some of the all-time great shows).  THe movies are usually older movies as well.  Last week, for example, I watched "Cool Hand Luke" again.  The most recent good movie I saw was "Captain Phillips."



Bomber you like what you like. From reading your post you might not like some of the suggested movie.  Did you see Braveheart and Gladiator. I thought both were great movies. 





I think what he is trying to say is...


Joey... Do you Like Movies about Gladiators?




8 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2014 - 5:58PM #205
yank0428
Posts: 18,446

Nov 3, 2014 -- 5:53PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Nov 3, 2014 -- 5:39PM, yank0428 wrote:


Nov 3, 2014 -- 2:28PM, bomberhojoe wrote:


Nov 3, 2014 -- 1:37PM, yank0428 wrote:


Nov 3, 2014 -- 11:05AM, bomberhojoe wrote:


Other than "Godfather 3" and "Goodfellas", I haven't seen any of the movies mentioned in this thread. Most of them, in fact, I've never even heard of.




Bomber stop reading books and this message board and doing things out of the house and instead rent these movies, sit in front of the TV and watch all of them. I await your reviews.




HAHA, well you are partially right.  I do read quite a bit.  Mostly the Bible and books related to Scripture and history.  I do, however, watch some TV. Most of what I watch is old reruns.  "M*A*S*H" (original with Henry and Trapper), "Columbo", "Taxi", "Odd Couple" (some of the all-time great shows).  THe movies are usually older movies as well.  Last week, for example, I watched "Cool Hand Luke" again.  The most recent good movie I saw was "Captain Phillips."



Bomber you like what you like. From reading your post you might not like some of the suggested movie.  Did you see Braveheart and Gladiator. I thought both were great movies. 





I think what he is trying to say is...


Joey... Do you Like Movies about Gladiators?






Yes Art I do. I liked 300 to.


Airplane had some funny scenes. That was one of them.

8 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2014 - 6:37PM #206
bomberhojoe
Posts: 15,356
Yank0428, didn't see all of "Braveheart", and did not see "Gladiator."  I did see "Spartacus" with Kirk Douglas. Well he was in the movie, I did not watch it in his company.
John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
8 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2014 - 7:55PM #207
yank0428
Posts: 18,446

Nov 3, 2014 -- 6:37PM, bomberhojoe wrote:

Yank0428, didn't see all of "Braveheart", and did not see "Gladiator." I did see "Spartacus" with Kirk Douglas. Well he was in the movie, I did not watch it in his company.



What about Ben Hur? I saw it with Charles Nelson Rielly.  

8 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2014 - 8:00PM #208
bomberhojoe
Posts: 15,356
What does Chuck like on his popcorn?
John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
8 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2014 - 8:03PM #209
HeatMiser
Posts: 2,999

Nov 3, 2014 -- 9:24AM, yank0428 wrote:


IMO the all time worst movie sequel was the Exorcist.




Obviously, you've never seen Weekend at Bernie's II (it was a "Vincent" pick).



8 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2014 - 8:13PM #210
HeatMiser
Posts: 2,999

Charles Nelson Reilly was great as Don Don Canneloni. Much better than Brando's Don Corleone.

Page 21 of 26  •  Prev 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum