Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Prado
8 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2015 - 11:38AM #21
qwik3457
Posts: 12,673

As near as I can figure, based on last year's Major League Equivalencies from Baseball HQ, Refsnyder's .277/.372/.382 line translates to a major league line of .250/.315/.308 (Compare to: Kyle Roller's BAVG and OBA in 2014, and Corban Jospeh's SLG from 2014)


That's Didi-level hitting, and weak defense to boot.


On the other hand, Refsnyder's own equivalency line from 2014 was .279/.335/.429, which would be more than acceptable, and a huge lift, offensively, over what Drew has done so far.


So...I dunno. Is he depressed about not being called up yet, or have the experienced AAA pitchers figured him out? I dunno.

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
8 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2015 - 11:46AM #22
hampfan
Posts: 3,763

Jul 4, 2015 -- 11:38AM, qwik3457 wrote:


As near as I can figure, based on last year's Major League Equivalencies from Baseball HQ, Refsnyder's .277/.372/.382 line translates to a major league line of .250/.315/.308 (Compare to: Kyle Roller's BAVG and OBA in 2014, and Corban Jospeh's SLG from 2014)


That's Didi-level hitting, and weak defense to boot.


On the other hand, Refsnyder's own equivalency line from 2014 was .279/.335/.429, which would be more than acceptable, and a huge lift, offensively, over what Drew has done so far.


So...I dunno. Is he depressed about not being called up yet, or have the experienced AAA pitchers figured him out? I dunno.




Thanks for the information, Quik--always relevant stuff. My take is that Refsnyder's indeed--I wouldn't call it depressed so much as--disappointed in Cashman's lack of trust in him and failure to call him up instead of Pirela et al. I also think that if given the chance, he'd hit better than .250. I can't help but feel his exclusion hasn't affected his offense this season at AAA, which isn't bad, just not compelling. His much maligned defense has also improved, enough, at least, to deserve a call-up. I just wish he'd get a decent chance.

8 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2015 - 11:52AM #23
bruner4329
Posts: 4,957

Jul 4, 2015 -- 11:30AM, Paterson wrote:


Jul 4, 2015 -- 11:05AM, bruner4329 wrote:


Jul 3, 2015 -- 4:23PM, hampfan wrote:


Jul 3, 2015 -- 2:38PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Jul 2, 2015 -- 9:03PM, bumper wrote:


Jul 2, 2015 -- 7:54PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Jul 2, 2015 -- 5:22PM, theBaron wrote:


Jul 2, 2015 -- 2:51PM, wolfman1 wrote:

Florida is not going anywhere. Can the Yankees make a play and try to get Prado to play 2nd base. It has been a glaring HOLE all year long. Plus the guy is a clutch hitter. I am sure Florida would take prospects for him.



if Cashman didnt trade him ..he would be playing 2b ...i'll bet he would take that trade back ...




Really? Think Eovaldi,  his numbers of wins are significant.




it's like the new england weather around here ...


a few weeks ago after evo's meltdown against the marlins, most folks here were proclaiming the trade a bust.


regarding prado, don't see the FO trading for another 2nd baseman when they're already paying someone $5mil to play 2nd. do folks really think they'll give up prospects AND take on more salary particularly when the company line is that drew is hitting the ball hard into "bad luck." and by some strange quirk, the guy is on pace to hit 20+ hrs and using the famous "over the last month metric" is hitting .234, so i just don't see them punting the guy.



Last I saw we don't have a 2nd baseman playing second. We have a lousy hitting SS. Its not bad luck when this has continued over 600 at bats over 2 seasons.  We may not be able to get a Prado or Zobrist if the price is too high but sooner or later the yanks have to deal with reality and get a 2nd baseman on this team, especially if Refsnyder doesn't cut it. My gut tells me pending a deal at the trade deadline for a 2nd baseman, this issue will be out there during the off season meaning the search will continue.




It's just stupid and a myopic waste not giving Refsnyder a major-league chance before consigning him to hit .270+ for some other team--watch.




 Now is the time to do it. You can tell they are finally losing patience with Drew as they pitch hit for him more frequently as of late. Problem is Pirella is also not hitting. He is around .200 and not the best defensively.




   How can you make a call on whether Pirella can hit at this level before he gets 100 pa ? I like Prado...but this is not Roberto Alomar we are discussing. Prado's greatest strength is his ability to be competent at multiple positions. He is not an elite second baseman...just a competent one. 


   This team is never going to rebuild if we keep looking for instant fixes. 




We have had 2 seasons to find a 2nd baseman and still nothing. Right now we do not have a competent 2nd baseman on the roster. I am all for rebuilding at the position but we have only one candidate right now and he is still a ? because no one knows whether Refsnyder can cut it. All I know is Drew is not even an instant fix and Pirella in limited playing time has shown nothing. BTW no one in this organization thinks Pirella would be a possibility to be a regular. He at best is a backup infielder. BTW he is 2-20 since June 23rd. Not really making a case to get more playing time.


So tell me you want to rebuild? Fine so put Refsnyder there right now and lets see if he is the answer. If he is not better than Drew or Pirella then we have a problem because we have no one else in the minors who is remotely close at that position. At least we can see if Refsynder can cut it. Otherwise as I said we will be searching for a second baseman this offseason again.


 

8 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2015 - 11:55AM #24
61in61
Posts: 26,516

Jul 4, 2015 -- 11:30AM, Paterson wrote:


Jul 4, 2015 -- 11:05AM, bruner4329 wrote:


Jul 3, 2015 -- 4:23PM, hampfan wrote:


Jul 3, 2015 -- 2:38PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Jul 2, 2015 -- 9:03PM, bumper wrote:


Jul 2, 2015 -- 7:54PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Jul 2, 2015 -- 5:22PM, theBaron wrote:


Jul 2, 2015 -- 2:51PM, wolfman1 wrote:

Florida is not going anywhere. Can the Yankees make a play and try to get Prado to play 2nd base. It has been a glaring HOLE all year long. Plus the guy is a clutch hitter. I am sure Florida would take prospects for him.



if Cashman didnt trade him ..he would be playing 2b ...i'll bet he would take that trade back ...




Really? Think Eovaldi,  his numbers of wins are significant.




it's like the new england weather around here ...


a few weeks ago after evo's meltdown against the marlins, most folks here were proclaiming the trade a bust.


regarding prado, don't see the FO trading for another 2nd baseman when they're already paying someone $5mil to play 2nd. do folks really think they'll give up prospects AND take on more salary particularly when the company line is that drew is hitting the ball hard into "bad luck." and by some strange quirk, the guy is on pace to hit 20+ hrs and using the famous "over the last month metric" is hitting .234, so i just don't see them punting the guy.



Last I saw we don't have a 2nd baseman playing second. We have a lousy hitting SS. Its not bad luck when this has continued over 600 at bats over 2 seasons.  We may not be able to get a Prado or Zobrist if the price is too high but sooner or later the yanks have to deal with reality and get a 2nd baseman on this team, especially if Refsnyder doesn't cut it. My gut tells me pending a deal at the trade deadline for a 2nd baseman, this issue will be out there during the off season meaning the search will continue.




It's just stupid and a myopic waste not giving Refsnyder a major-league chance before consigning him to hit .270+ for some other team--watch.




 Now is the time to do it. You can tell they are finally losing patience with Drew as they pitch hit for him more frequently as of late. Problem is Pirella is also not hitting. He is around .200 and not the best defensively.




   How can you make a call on whether Pirella can hit at this level before he gets 100 pa ? I like Prado...but this is not Roberto Alomar we are discussing. Prado's greatest strength is his ability to be competent at multiple positions. He is not an elite second baseman...just a competent one. 


   This team is never going to rebuild if we keep looking for instant fixes. 




Well, you don't rebuild in mid july when you are in a pennant race. Any acquistion now would be a short term fix for this year and maybe next. I'm calling it the Dave Justice Effect.

8 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2015 - 12:00PM #25
qwik3457
Posts: 12,673

Jul 4, 2015 -- 11:55AM, 61in61 wrote:


Well, you don't rebuild in mid july when you are in a pennant race. Any acquistion now would be a short term fix for this year and maybe next. I'm calling it the Dave Justice Effect.




Finger on the Pulse Reply of the Thread Award Winner.


Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
8 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2015 - 12:09PM #26
61in61
Posts: 26,516

Jul 4, 2015 -- 12:00PM, qwik3457 wrote:


Jul 4, 2015 -- 11:55AM, 61in61 wrote:


Well, you don't rebuild in mid july when you are in a pennant race. Any acquistion now would be a short term fix for this year and maybe next. I'm calling it the Dave Justice Effect.




Finger on the Pulse Reply of the Thread Award Winner.





LOL...they call me Mister Bullseye in some circles.

8 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2015 - 3:02PM #27
ArtVandelay
Posts: 34,732

I'd love to get Prado, provided he get the TJ surgery first....

8 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2015 - 6:07PM #28
RobS44
Posts: 5,608

Jul 4, 2015 -- 11:38AM, qwik3457 wrote:


As near as I can figure, based on last year's Major League Equivalencies from Baseball HQ, Refsnyder's .277/.372/.382 line translates to a major league line of .250/.315/.308 (Compare to: Kyle Roller's BAVG and OBA in 2014, and Corban Jospeh's SLG from 2014)


That's Didi-level hitting, and weak defense to boot.


On the other hand, Refsnyder's own equivalency line from 2014 was .279/.335/.429, which would be more than acceptable, and a huge lift, offensively, over what Drew has done so far.


So...I dunno. Is he depressed about not being called up yet, or have the experienced AAA pitchers figured him out? I dunno.




Maybe they should just call him up so we can all move on.  Chances he will hit for a soimewhat higher average than Drew but with less to no power and make a couple of critical errors.  If they do it now they have 3 weeks to figure out if they need to go for a trade.

8 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2015 - 8:23PM #29
YankeeBoy
Posts: 586

Jul 2, 2015 -- 6:31PM, nystripes2 wrote:

Eovaldi has been pretty good outside of 2 starts




I agree, I was intially disappointed in the trade, but he gives us innings and I think right now we got better of the deal

8 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2015 - 12:44AM #30
davis2
Posts: 19,213

Jul 4, 2015 -- 11:05AM, bruner4329 wrote:


Jul 3, 2015 -- 4:23PM, hampfan wrote:


Jul 3, 2015 -- 2:38PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Jul 2, 2015 -- 9:03PM, bumper wrote:


Jul 2, 2015 -- 7:54PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Jul 2, 2015 -- 5:22PM, theBaron wrote:


Jul 2, 2015 -- 2:51PM, wolfman1 wrote:

Florida is not going anywhere. Can the Yankees make a play and try to get Prado to play 2nd base. It has been a glaring HOLE all year long. Plus the guy is a clutch hitter. I am sure Florida would take prospects for him.



if Cashman didnt trade him ..he would be playing 2b ...i'll bet he would take that trade back ...




Really? Think Eovaldi,  his numbers of wins are significant.




it's like the new england weather around here ...


a few weeks ago after evo's meltdown against the marlins, most folks here were proclaiming the trade a bust.


regarding prado, don't see the FO trading for another 2nd baseman when they're already paying someone $5mil to play 2nd. do folks really think they'll give up prospects AND take on more salary particularly when the company line is that drew is hitting the ball hard into "bad luck." and by some strange quirk, the guy is on pace to hit 20+ hrs and using the famous "over the last month metric" is hitting .234, so i just don't see them punting the guy.



Last I saw we don't have a 2nd baseman playing second. We have a lousy hitting SS. Its not bad luck when this has continued over 600 at bats over 2 seasons.  We may not be able to get a Prado or Zobrist if the price is too high but sooner or later the yanks have to deal with reality and get a 2nd baseman on this team, especially if Refsnyder doesn't cut it. My gut tells me pending a deal at the trade deadline for a 2nd baseman, this issue will be out there during the off season meaning the search will continue.




It's just stupid and a myopic waste not giving Refsnyder a major-league chance before consigning him to hit .270+ for some other team--watch.




 Now is the time to do it. You can tell they are finally losing patience with Drew as they pitch hit for him more frequently as of late. Problem is Pirella is also not hitting. He is around .200 and not the best defensively.



They need to give Pirela the chance they gave to Mr.17friggin9!   Maybe his bat will come back...

Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum