Network Forums Yankees This starting rotation is still horrible
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
This starting rotation is still horrible
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2016 - 2:23PM #21
nystripes2
Posts: 6,287
Im hoping for Otani after this season..
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2016 - 4:37PM #22
LiferYank
Posts: 6,728

Dec 20, 2016 -- 2:21PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Dec 20, 2016 -- 2:05PM, nystripes2 wrote:

Yankees have a clear #1 (and they'll retain Tanaka), what they need is a bonafide #2 (thats why Im high on trading for Quintana). The rest out of Kaprielian, Sheffield, Adams, etc would only then need to be a 3.



They really have no choice but to try and retain Tanaka even though the price will be high and the risk LT also. Which really brings you back to the plan or lack of. By not acquiring a legitimate starter this off season they have really painted themselves into a corner.





What legitimate starter?

6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2016 - 5:13PM #23
bruner4329
Posts: 4,852

Dec 20, 2016 -- 4:37PM, LiferYank wrote:


Dec 20, 2016 -- 2:21PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Dec 20, 2016 -- 2:05PM, nystripes2 wrote:

Yankees have a clear #1 (and they'll retain Tanaka), what they need is a bonafide #2 (thats why Im high on trading for Quintana). The rest out of Kaprielian, Sheffield, Adams, etc would only then need to be a 3.



They really have no choice but to try and retain Tanaka even though the price will be high and the risk LT also. Which really brings you back to the plan or lack of. By not acquiring a legitimate starter this off season they have really painted themselves into a corner.





What legitimate starter?


In a few posts I mentioned that they need to think out of the box and see what it would take to acquire someone like Archer. A young proven pitcher under control for a few years. Sure it may cost a prospects or 2 but you are getting back someone who can fill the rotation for years. Not saying the Rays would trade with us but it should be looked at. Quintana another possibility. May not work if demands are too high but something they need to look at. Having a high back end of the bullpen with this starting rotation and weak front end of a bullpen makes no sense. 5 innings every 4 out of 5 starts, an overused bullpen and the back end unavailable every 3rd day from being used in consecutive games. Same old story last few years and it aint changing with this current rotation.








6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2016 - 5:27PM #24
LiferYank
Posts: 6,728

Dec 20, 2016 -- 5:13PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Dec 20, 2016 -- 4:37PM, LiferYank wrote:


Dec 20, 2016 -- 2:21PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Dec 20, 2016 -- 2:05PM, nystripes2 wrote:

Yankees have a clear #1 (and they'll retain Tanaka), what they need is a bonafide #2 (thats why Im high on trading for Quintana). The rest out of Kaprielian, Sheffield, Adams, etc would only then need to be a 3.



They really have no choice but to try and retain Tanaka even though the price will be high and the risk LT also. Which really brings you back to the plan or lack of. By not acquiring a legitimate starter this off season they have really painted themselves into a corner.





What legitimate starter?


In a few posts I mentioned that they need to think out of the box and see what it would take to acquire someone like Archer. A young proven pitcher under control for a few years. Sure it may cost a prospects or 2 but you are getting back someone who can fill the rotation for years. Not saying the Rays would trade with us but it should be looked at. Quintana another possibility. May not work if demands are too high but something they need to look at. Having a high back end of the bullpen with this starting rotation and weak front end of a bullpen makes no sense. 5 innings every 4 out of 5 starts, an overused bullpen and the back end unavailable every 3rd day from being used in consecutive games. Same old story last few years and it aint changing with this current rotation.











If it would only take a "prospect or two" Archer would have been traded already.

6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2016 - 5:32PM #25
nystripes2
Posts: 6,287

Dec 20, 2016 -- 4:37PM, LiferYank wrote:


Dec 20, 2016 -- 2:21PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Dec 20, 2016 -- 2:05PM, nystripes2 wrote:

Yankees have a clear #1 (and they'll retain Tanaka), what they need is a bonafide #2 (thats why Im high on trading for Quintana). The rest out of Kaprielian, Sheffield, Adams, etc would only then need to be a 3.



They really have no choice but to try and retain Tanaka even though the price will be high and the risk LT also. Which really brings you back to the plan or lack of. By not acquiring a legitimate starter this off season they have really painted themselves into a corner.





What legitimate starter?




Quintana would be as legitimate of a #2 as they come.

6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2016 - 5:36PM #26
nystripes2
Posts: 6,287

Also, I've seen other fans mention Darvish for the Yankees next off season as a FA, he will be 31, and will want a 5-6 year deal, Yankees dont do those deals anymore.

6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2016 - 5:42PM #27
nystripes2
Posts: 6,287

The market for the next 2 years (as well as this past one) sucks for SP, so unless the Yankees are FINALLY going to get some help in house with one of Kap, Sheffield, etc, then they're going to NEED to make a trade sooner or later if they want to contend anytime soon.

6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2016 - 6:02PM #28
Max
Posts: 42,830

Dec 20, 2016 -- 5:42PM, nystripes2 wrote:


The market for the next 2 years (as well as this past one) sucks for SP, so unless the Yankees are FINALLY going to get some help in house with one of Kap, Sheffield, etc, then they're going to NEED to make a trade sooner or later if they want to contend anytime soon.




You're mistaken, over the next 2 off seasons Danny Duffy, Davish. Lynn, Arrieta, Tillman, Harvey, Keuchel, Pomeranz can become free agents. 

.
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2016 - 10:51PM #29
nystripes2
Posts: 6,287
Darvish will be 31 and so will Arietta, Yankees dont give big deals to anyone over 30 anymore. Duffy is solid, Kuechel was awful last year.. Its not very good, Quintana at 27 in a perfect world is a much better option but the world isnt perfect
6 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2016 - 12:01PM #30
Max
Posts: 42,830

Dec 20, 2016 -- 10:51PM, nystripes2 wrote:

Darvish will be 31 and so will Arietta, Yankees dont give big deals to anyone over 30 anymore. Duffy is solid, Kuechel was awful last year.. Its not very good, Quintana at 27 in a perfect world is a much better option but the world isnt perfect




I don't recall tha Yankees ever saying that they won't give big deals to anyone over 30. IMO, Quintana isn't much better option than some of those FA Pitchers listed in another post, because getting Quintana will cost the Yankees top prospects while the other FA Pitchers will just cost the Yankees money. 

.
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees This starting rotation is still horrible
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum