Network Forums Yankees Yankees/Indians ALDS game 2 lineup/game thread
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 35 of 37  •  Prev 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next
Yankees/Indians ALDS game 2 lineup/game thread
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2017 - 10:21PM #341
RobS44
Posts: 5,608

This one is on Girardi, not Betances.  Leaving Betances in for a 3rd inning with Warren and Montgomery in the pen.  Phooey.  Just another in a long line of questionable bullpen usage decisions this year.

5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2017 - 10:21PM #342
Raymond757
Posts: 11,453
Frazier or Headley would had gotten to that ball.
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2017 - 10:21PM #343
Lola
Posts: 30,017
Being absurd...there is no excuse for not challenging!
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2017 - 10:23PM #344
Dmoney190
Posts: 58

I'd like to thank Betances for giving it his all. Probably should've shown him a FB that AB but he did a hell of a job. You can't expect a guy who has already worked 2 great innings and isn't use to that kind of pitch load to keep his stuff. Girardi should be embarrassed. One of the worst managed game i've ever seen. I don't care what anyone says, there is no way in hell I want to see that man making decisions for this team after that. He lost the fans and more importantly he might've lost the dugout. 

5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2017 - 10:24PM #345
RobMDR90
Posts: 23

Have to agree with many people on the board.


Basically Giradi got too cute. Just ride the momentum with CC, 



1. CC should have stayed and let him try and get 6 innings with 77 pitches. a 5 run lead for Pete's sake...


2. Non review of hit knob call


3. Relievers were gassed from Tuesday.



Girardi deserves whatever fate he will get. After the series. Now need to win 3 out of 3. Very unlikely...

5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2017 - 10:24PM #346
yank0428
Posts: 18,446

Oct 6, 2017 -- 10:21PM, RobS44 wrote:


This one is on Girardi, not Betances.  Leaving Betances in for a 3rd inning with Warren and Montgomery in the pen.  Phooey.  Just another in a long line of questionable bullpen usage decisions this year.




Agreed Rob. He gave them 2 innings.To expect 3 scoreless with him is unrealistic. I would have had Severino in. If they don't win tonight who knows if there is a game 4.


  Girardi giving a lame excuse for the non challange.

5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2017 - 10:24PM #347
BoogiedownBx
Posts: 1,208

Oct 6, 2017 -- 10:23PM, Dmoney190 wrote:


I'd like to thank Betances for giving it his all. Probably should've shown him a FB that AB but he did a hell of a job. You can't expect a guy who has already worked 2 great innings and isn't use to that kind of pitch load to keep his stuff. Girardi should be embarrassed. One of the worst managed game i've ever seen. I don't care what anyone says, there is no way in hell I want to see that man making decisions for this team after that. He lost the fans and more importantly he might've lost the dugout. 




He deserves to lose his job over this game. Unreal.

5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2017 - 10:27PM #348
yank0428
Posts: 18,446

He didn't want the pitcher to lose his rhythm. That's why he didn't challange. Idiotic.

5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2017 - 10:28PM #349
Raymond757
Posts: 11,453

well is was Joe and the midges and now is Joe and the non challenge

5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2017 - 10:28PM #350
BoogiedownBx
Posts: 1,208

Oct 6, 2017 -- 10:27PM, yank0428 wrote:


He didn't want the pitcher to lose his rhythm. That's why he didn't challange. Idiotic.




That's stupid. His catcher was BEGGING him to challenge. You'd rather keep the rhythm of the pitcher than listen to your catcher? YOUR CATCHER? As a catcher Joe, that is surreal.

Page 35 of 37  •  Prev 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Yankees/Indians ALDS game 2 lineup/game thread
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum