Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Joe Girardi is one of the good guys
5 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2017 - 10:38AM #31
newinn
Posts: 38,547

Oct 9, 2017 -- 10:36AM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 10:33AM, newinn wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 10:28AM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 10:25AM, newinn wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 10:14AM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 8:47AM, newinn wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 8:44AM, Since59 wrote:


Same here new.  I'm on a short string, but I hope to see #28.




I hope we all do '59 but the Yankees owe me nothing. They have given me more thrills as a franchize then all my other home teams combined. I love this franchize




I love that you use the 'hip hop' version of the word franchise!  deeeez booooyzzz were ballin last night!!!!!!




Hip Hopmy arse. I just can't spell.Thank goodness I always had an assistant




I think I need one of those to manage my life - I'm spiraling out of control!




My wife lays my clothes out in the morning and when I where hats it's usually the Indiana  Jones type. That way I can't make a mistake when I put it on




that's pretty bad-ass...  I heard since retirement you don't deal with arguing with people anymore either...







we both know that's not true. What's sad is I think the older I got the less patience I have for what I think is stupid. I have no problem with disagreeing but when folks just blindly stick to stuff and aren't willing to discuss even when sticking to their convictions, I just have no patience

5 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2017 - 10:40AM #32
1961wasfun
Posts: 1,043

Oct 9, 2017 -- 9:37AM, Lola wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 9:33AM, 1961wasfun wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 9:23AM, Lola wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 9:07AM, newinn wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 8:55AM, 1961wasfun wrote:


Well, since this has turned into the old codger thread I would love to hear a story or two from one of you who actually was at the stadium in the 50's. I was born in Paterson in 54' and was taken to the stadium the first time in the summer of 59'. Of course I was only 5 and I really don't have a memory of that day. I do remember a popcorn box we had at the time that was in the shape of a megaphone. Man what I wouldn't give to be able to remember the game and the players that I saw on the field that day! 





I've told this story before (I grew up in Lodi by the way), Went to the Stadium for the 1st time in '59. Keeping in mind that TV was all black and white, I will never forget walking the concorse and then through the tunnels that lead to the stands. The color was one of the most beautiful sights I had ever seen.The black scoreboard with the black Ballentine sign and the Yankee logo on it. The grass was the most beautiful green and so perfectly manicured. It was magical. Of course looking around those columns presented their own challenge 


Games after that, the first thing I did when I got there was check the scorecard to see if Mantle was playing




You two could be the same person...



No..i'm not him Lola. Sometimes I don't even know who I am. But I do know i'm not him.




Only kidding 1961 but now you know why I thought you might be greenie. Lol! 




Yeah I know Lola. I was meaning to ask you about the "green" comment but never got around to it and then...well the ol' memory ain't what it used to be.

5 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2017 - 11:01AM #33
1961wasfun
Posts: 1,043

Oct 9, 2017 -- 9:39AM, newinn wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 9:23AM, Lola wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 9:07AM, newinn wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 8:55AM, 1961wasfun wrote:


Well, since this has turned into the old codger thread I would love to hear a story or two from one of you who actually was at the stadium in the 50's. I was born in Paterson in 54' and was taken to the stadium the first time in the summer of 59'. Of course I was only 5 and I really don't have a memory of that day. I do remember a popcorn box we had at the time that was in the shape of a megaphone. Man what I wouldn't give to be able to remember the game and the players that I saw on the field that day! 





I've told this story before (I grew up in Lodi by the way), Went to the Stadium for the 1st time in '59. Keeping in mind that TV was all black and white, I will never forget walking the concorse and then through the tunnels that lead to the stands. The color was one of the most beautiful sights I had ever seen.The black scoreboard with the black Ballentine sign and the Yankee logo on it. The grass was the most beautiful green and so perfectly manicured. It was magical. Of course looking around those columns presented their own challenge 


Games after that, the first thing I did when I got there was check the scorecard to see if Mantle was playing




You two could be the same person...



Nah, I'm much better looking



Only because you are green and have more hair than I do!

5 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2017 - 11:52AM #34
Paterson
Posts: 8,221

Oct 9, 2017 -- 8:09AM, Tippy wrote:


He should be up 2-1 instead of down 2-1.




  Exactly.

5 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2017 - 11:54AM #35
luvdayanks
Posts: 31,213

Oct 9, 2017 -- 11:52AM, Paterson wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 8:09AM, Tippy wrote:


He should be up 2-1 instead of down 2-1.




  Exactly.




Well they're not so move on.

5 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2017 - 11:57AM #36
1961wasfun
Posts: 1,043

Oct 9, 2017 -- 11:54AM, luvdayanks wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 11:52AM, Paterson wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 8:09AM, Tippy wrote:


He should be up 2-1 instead of down 2-1.




  Exactly.




Well they're not so move on.




Well now you're talking about common sense Luv. Something that seems to escape many a poster here.

5 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2017 - 12:00PM #37
Paterson
Posts: 8,221

Oct 9, 2017 -- 11:54AM, luvdayanks wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 11:52AM, Paterson wrote:


Oct 9, 2017 -- 8:09AM, Tippy wrote:


He should be up 2-1 instead of down 2-1.




  Exactly.




Well they're not so move on.




Sorry if my post offended you. I did not start the thread. Am I required to agree ?  

5 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2017 - 12:30PM #38
Paterson
Posts: 8,221

If anyone wants to see an example of how a full grown man takes responsibility for a bad performance, read below:



Bird joined Dodgers rookie Cody Bellinger as the only left-handed hitters to homer off Miller this season. "Just threw the wrong pitch in the wrong spot," Miller said. "It stinks. I mean, I'm the guy who lost the game."


    

Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum