Network Forums Yankees Yankees one of a few teams in on Archer,
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yankees one of a few teams in on Archer,
4 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2018 - 3:50PM #51
laurenf2
Posts: 9,401

Jul 31, 2018 -- 3:47PM, qwik3457 wrote:


Not anymore...


Archer to the Pirates for Meadows, Glasnow and a 3rd piece.


THREAD CLOSED




I guess you didn't notice a bit of sarcasm in my post as some has been pushing the narrative of Archer sporting pinstripes....




Yankees were never in play for Archer. Based on this return, no surprise.


4 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2018 - 3:59PM #52
qwik3457
Posts: 12,637

Jul 31, 2018 -- 3:50PM, laurenf2 wrote:


Jul 31, 2018 -- 3:47PM, qwik3457 wrote:


Not anymore...


Archer to the Pirates for Meadows, Glasnow and a 3rd piece.


THREAD CLOSED




I guess you didn't notice a bit of sarcasm in my post as some has been pushing the narrative of Archer sporting pinstripes....




Yankees were never in play for Archer. Based on this return, no surprise.





My reply was a reply to the thread starting post, not your reply.

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
4 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2018 - 4:06PM #53
mscamaguey
Posts: 1,468

Kay just said Archer was traded to PItt. He said the Rays were not happy with him because he is a publicity type of guy. Whataever he is, he will not be coming to the Yanks.



4 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2018 - 11:41PM #54
Jpep
Posts: 942

Jul 31, 2018 -- 4:06PM, mscamaguey wrote:


Kay just said Archer was traded to PItt. He said the Rays were not happy with him because he is a publicity type of guy. Whataever he is, he will not be coming to the Yanks.







That's the biggest load of spit Kay ever uttered, and he utters a lot of it. The Rays didn't want to trade him right up until this season at the last minute they decided in Pitts he couldn't hurt them.. He is in now way a publicity hound, the Press chased him around he didn't seek any of it. He was a big part of the Rays and a fan favorite. Kay must be assuming that because Archer is in the papers a lot down here for his Boys and girls club involvement, and his charity's and other community service. Archer has been a fan and clubhouse favorite ever since he got here. I will say that it has been said here that the Rays would have wanted twice as much from the Yankees for Archer than anyone else, because we are both in the AM League East. They said last year that they would never trade him to the Red Sox.  That's their big rival supposedly.


IMO Archer will do well in Pitt and he has a club friendly contract.  He would have been a good pick up for us, but it was never going to happen because they would have really put it to us.  I didn't think they would try and rape us, originally, when I wanted us to go after him because they are so damn hungry to unload salary, even though Archer was well worth his salary. The Rays are just cheap.


For what we gave up I think we did OK in trades but we did give up talent that we just had no room for. Dury, Warren, Shreve, and Austin will definitely play us hard. They will love to have big games against us. I don't think they like Cashman right now. Especially Drury.lol.. I felt bad for Shreve and Warren, real bad. But when Drury opened his mouth while in SWB, I was over him.

4 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2018 - 7:20AM #55
yankoldfan
Posts: 12,001

Jul 31, 2018 -- 11:41PM, Jpep wrote:


Jul 31, 2018 -- 4:06PM, mscamaguey wrote:


Kay just said Archer was traded to PItt. He said the Rays were not happy with him because he is a publicity type of guy. Whataever he is, he will not be coming to the Yanks.







That's the biggest load of spit Kay ever uttered, and he utters a lot of it. The Rays didn't want to trade him right up until this season at the last minute they decided in Pitts he couldn't hurt them.. He is in now way a publicity hound, the Press chased him around he didn't seek any of it. He was a big part of the Rays and a fan favorite. Kay must be assuming that because Archer is in the papers a lot down here for his Boys and girls club involvement, and his charity's and other community service. Archer has been a fan and clubhouse favorite ever since he got here. I will say that it has been said here that the Rays would have wanted twice as much from the Yankees for Archer than anyone else, because we are both in the AM League East. They said last year that they would never trade him to the Red Sox.  That's their big rival supposedly.


IMO Archer will do well in Pitt and he has a club friendly contract.  He would have been a good pick up for us, but it was never going to happen because they would have really put it to us.  I didn't think they would try and rape us, originally, when I wanted us to go after him because they are so damn hungry to unload salary, even though Archer was well worth his salary. The Rays are just cheap.


For what we gave up I think we did OK in trades but we did give up talent that we just had no room for. Dury, Warren, Shreve, and Austin will definitely play us hard. They will love to have big games against us. I don't think they like Cashman right now. Especially Drury.lol.. I felt bad for Shreve and Warren, real bad. But when Drury opened his mouth while in SWB, I was over him.




I like what Ca$hman has done, he traded from our depth, players that were not going to make the roster and would have been rule 5 casualties, only one that wasn't was Drury, but he was unhappy and wanted traded.. Only thing, I think we added quantity, but not a lot of quality.. Still players that can help.. Britton is the deal I love, I like him and if we are in the hunt he will be a big help... I hope Ca$hman/Yankees can figure out a way to sign him to an extension ??

4 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2018 - 7:56AM #56
Jpep
Posts: 942

Aug 1, 2018 -- 7:20AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 31, 2018 -- 11:41PM, Jpep wrote:


Jul 31, 2018 -- 4:06PM, mscamaguey wrote:


Kay just said Archer was traded to PItt. He said the Rays were not happy with him because he is a publicity type of guy. Whataever he is, he will not be coming to the Yanks.







That's the biggest load of spit Kay ever uttered, and he utters a lot of it. The Rays didn't want to trade him right up until this season at the last minute they decided in Pitts he couldn't hurt them.. He is in now way a publicity hound, the Press chased him around he didn't seek any of it. He was a big part of the Rays and a fan favorite. Kay must be assuming that because Archer is in the papers a lot down here for his Boys and girls club involvement, and his charity's and other community service. Archer has been a fan and clubhouse favorite ever since he got here. I will say that it has been said here that the Rays would have wanted twice as much from the Yankees for Archer than anyone else, because we are both in the AM League East. They said last year that they would never trade him to the Red Sox.  That's their big rival supposedly.


IMO Archer will do well in Pitt and he has a club friendly contract.  He would have been a good pick up for us, but it was never going to happen because they would have really put it to us.  I didn't think they would try and rape us, originally, when I wanted us to go after him because they are so damn hungry to unload salary, even though Archer was well worth his salary. The Rays are just cheap.


For what we gave up I think we did OK in trades but we did give up talent that we just had no room for. Dury, Warren, Shreve, and Austin will definitely play us hard. They will love to have big games against us. I don't think they like Cashman right now. Especially Drury.lol.. I felt bad for Shreve and Warren, real bad. But when Drury opened his mouth while in SWB, I was over him.




I like what Ca$hman has done, he traded from our depth, players that were not going to make the roster and would have been rule 5 casualties, only one that wasn't was Drury, but he was unhappy and wanted traded.. Only thing, I think we added quantity, but not a lot of quality.. Still players that can help.. Britton is the deal I love, I like him and if we are in the hunt he will be a big help... I hope Ca$hman/Yankees can figure out a way to sign him to an extension ??




I agree about Britton.  He is a great fit in our Bull Pen.  And If Robertson is here next year I will be surprised. So he is perfect to replace him and is also a much better pitcher. You are also right about Drury. I don't blame him for being ticked off, because he was a major league player for sure, but on this team Andujar buried him.  He got angry and disappointed and opened his mouth and IMO that sealed his fate and I said so when it happened. That feeling he had about his being buried in the minors and up and down was warranted but he should have kept it behind closed doors. Once he said it out loud and the press got it, he went into the Yankee Bermuda Triangle until he disappeared. 


4 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2018 - 4:36PM #57
mscamaguey
Posts: 1,468

I hope Severino finds his way back to good pitching if he stinks in Boston and this team continues to bring a cement bat it  could be the end of a dream that started in April.

Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Yankees one of a few teams in on Archer,
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum