Network Forums Yankees Will you be relieved once Machado signs elsewhere?
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 4 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Will you be relieved once Machado signs elsewhere?
4 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2018 - 5:01PM #31
njyf
Posts: 1,051

Dec 23, 2018 -- 4:54PM, BigGuy wrote:


We can be put off by some of the lack of hustle and other things that came out during the WS, but any baseball fan with a pair of eys knows the guy is one of the best players in the sport. I'm not crazy about laziness, or the cost of a longterm deal and what effect it may have on future player moves, but he would certainly make the team better.  The Yankees baseball people know this or they wouldn't waste their time with the guy.


Personally, I'd rather have Harper.



Like literally no one is saying he is not a great player. That was never the argument. The argument is whether he will be worth the cost, his health going forward and his hustle / attitude. But thanks for adding your un-needed two cents.

4 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2018 - 5:44PM #32
tnyank
Posts: 146
My preference would be Harper also. Our hitting doesn't improve as much replacing Miggy as it would replacing Hicks. I'm so sick of all the praise given to a guy that is not a good hitter and rarely ever comes thru in the clutch. Miggy will improve defensively but Hicks is what he is, Below average hitter. And Harper's left handed bat would be a big plus squeezed between Judge and Stanton.
4 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2018 - 8:08PM #33
hampfan
Posts: 3,763

Dec 23, 2018 -- 5:44PM, tnyank wrote:

My preference would be Harper also. Our hitting doesn't improve as much replacing Miggy as it would replacing Hicks. I'm so sick of all the praise given to a guy that is not a good hitter and rarely ever comes thru in the clutch. Miggy will improve defensively but Hicks is what he is, Below average hitter. And Harper's left handed bat would be a big plus squeezed between Judge and Stanton.



Self-evident. I wish the FO could see what you're saying, but Cashman's/Hal's committed to not thinking through the fixation on the apparent obstacle of six outfielders. They're really five at most, since Brett and Ellsbury = one, offensively speaking. Then there's the question of whether Frazier is who everyone among the FO and sportswriters think he is. Maybe we have only four outfielders, allowing for Brett's being a defensive 4th outfielder. Why not, then, Harper?

4 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2018 - 8:34PM #34
bruner4329
Posts: 4,957

I will be reiieved once we shore up the bullpen and sign a couple of guys who put the bat on the ball. Right now I don't think we have addressed all the issues that have hurt this team past years. Rotation is better but not good enough to match top teams. Bullpen needs to replace Robertson and Britton with same quality. Finally they need a couple of contact hitters. I rather they address these issues than sign Machado.

4 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2018 - 9:46PM #35
davis2
Posts: 19,213

Dec 23, 2018 -- 6:57AM, bomberhojoe wrote:

If you never heard of Machado being dirty before, you haven't been watching him. He threw a bar at an opposing player when with Baltimore. That may be as dirty a play as you can do! And there have been other dirty slides over the years.


A fully stocked bar? I hope he removed the top shelf stuff. 

4 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2018 - 9:49PM #36
davis2
Posts: 19,213

Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:40PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:31PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:17PM, rlab22 wrote:

Anyone against acquiring machado is foolish. He’s a 26 year old .300 hitter that fills a huge need in the middle of the infield. Maybe he could actually get a hit with runners in scoring position... yanks would be grateful to have manny sign and I’m all for it


I think his baggage may be a bit overblown...  I think he meant he wasn't a "charlie hustle" (Pete Rose) type. Only he knows his intent on the spiking incidents, but he has had incidents in the past with Boston. That is the only problem I really have heard about regarding Machado. He would be a huge upgrade at 3rd. (Sorry,Papa) I'd be ok with signing him.




Hey we actually agree on something.  The media overblew the whole Machado thing, outside of that series I've never heard of him being a dirty player.  And it's the play-offs, you expect players to try to do anything to win.  No one on here hated Arod after the slap play, not that I recall anyway.



I wouldn't mind if he signs with us. Truth be told, most guys don't bust ass like they used to. Too much $$$ at stake, and it's hard to fault them.  Merry Christmas, Yankees.

4 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2018 - 12:27AM #37
Yankees
Posts: 6,807

Dec 23, 2018 -- 9:49PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:40PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:31PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:17PM, rlab22 wrote:

Anyone against acquiring machado is foolish. He’s a 26 year old .300 hitter that fills a huge need in the middle of the infield. Maybe he could actually get a hit with runners in scoring position... yanks would be grateful to have manny sign and I’m all for it


I think his baggage may be a bit overblown...  I think he meant he wasn't a "charlie hustle" (Pete Rose) type. Only he knows his intent on the spiking incidents, but he has had incidents in the past with Boston. That is the only problem I really have heard about regarding Machado. He would be a huge upgrade at 3rd. (Sorry,Papa) I'd be ok with signing him.




Hey we actually agree on something.  The media overblew the whole Machado thing, outside of that series I've never heard of him being a dirty player.  And it's the play-offs, you expect players to try to do anything to win.  No one on here hated Arod after the slap play, not that I recall anyway.



I wouldn't mind if he signs with us. Truth be told, most guys don't bust ass like they used to. Too much $$$ at stake, and it's hard to fault them.  Merry Christmas, Yankees.




Merry Christmas and happy New Years!  Let's hope the Yankees start new years right with signing Machado.

Tonberry Pictures, Images and Photos
4 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2018 - 12:29AM #38
Yankees
Posts: 6,807

Dec 23, 2018 -- 6:57AM, bomberhojoe wrote:

If you never heard of Machado being dirty before, you haven't been watching him. He threw a bar at an opposing player when with Baltimore. That may be as dirty a play as you can do! And there have been other dirty slides over the years.



That's pretty terrible but he's still young and young people do stupid things.  My hope is if the Yankees do sign him that Judge can become a role model for him.  Show him how to play the game with respect.

Tonberry Pictures, Images and Photos
4 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2018 - 7:19AM #39
bomberhojoe
Posts: 15,493
Throwing a bat at someone is not a stupid thing, it is a violent thing. If the Yankees make Machado their highest paid player, I doubt he looks to any other player for "guidance" . Usually, bad apples spoil good, not the other way around.
John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
4 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2018 - 8:40AM #40
yankoldfan
Posts: 12,187

I just don't see Ca$hman/Yankees taking on that long of contract ?? I think if Machado comes it will be on a 7-8 year deal at the most ??? If someone offers more, see ya....

Page 4 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Will you be relieved once Machado signs elsewhere?
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum