Network Forums Yankees Will you be relieved once Machado signs elsewhere?
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 5 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next
Will you be relieved once Machado signs elsewhere?
4 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2018 - 10:20AM #41
BigGuy
Posts: 66,015

Dec 22, 2018 -- 1:47PM, njyf wrote:


I know I will. Him and his $300M/10 year contract has albatross headache written all over it. If Cashman-Hal falls for it, then they must be the stupidest people on earth. After seeing all these large contracts turn out badly over the years. Pujols, Crawford, Ellsbury, Cano, Hamilton, Heyward, Arod, Tex, Panda, Cabrera, Choo, Vernon Wells, Swisher, etc.



Fool the Yankees once, shame on you. Fool the Yankees twice (and more), shame on Cashman-Hal.




Nobody likes a smartass.   Have a nice holiday anyway

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
4 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2018 - 10:26AM #42
newinn
Posts: 39,132

Dec 24, 2018 -- 10:20AM, BigGuy wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 1:47PM, njyf wrote:


I know I will. Him and his $300M/10 year contract has albatross headache written all over it. If Cashman-Hal falls for it, then they must be the stupidest people on earth. After seeing all these large contracts turn out badly over the years. Pujols, Crawford, Ellsbury, Cano, Hamilton, Heyward, Arod, Tex, Panda, Cabrera, Choo, Vernon Wells, Swisher, etc.



Fool the Yankees once, shame on you. Fool the Yankees twice (and more), shame on Cashman-Hal.




Nobody likes a smartass.   Have a nice holiday anyway




Merry Christmas Big. Hope you're getting better and stronger every day

4 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2018 - 11:08AM #43
BigGuy
Posts: 66,015

Dec 24, 2018 -- 10:26AM, newinn wrote:


Dec 24, 2018 -- 10:20AM, BigGuy wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 1:47PM, njyf wrote:


I know I will. Him and his $300M/10 year contract has albatross headache written all over it. If Cashman-Hal falls for it, then they must be the stupidest people on earth. After seeing all these large contracts turn out badly over the years. Pujols, Crawford, Ellsbury, Cano, Hamilton, Heyward, Arod, Tex, Panda, Cabrera, Choo, Vernon Wells, Swisher, etc.



Fool the Yankees once, shame on you. Fool the Yankees twice (and more), shame on Cashman-Hal.




Nobody likes a smartass.   Have a nice holiday anyway




Merry Christmas Big. Hope you're getting better and stronger every day




Same to you and your family, and a Happy New Year.  I feel pretty good, getting stronger even though I still have this hose hanging from me. At least I'm driving again.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
4 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2018 - 11:17AM #44
newinn
Posts: 39,132

Dec 24, 2018 -- 11:08AM, BigGuy wrote:


Dec 24, 2018 -- 10:26AM, newinn wrote:


Dec 24, 2018 -- 10:20AM, BigGuy wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 1:47PM, njyf wrote:


I know I will. Him and his $300M/10 year contract has albatross headache written all over it. If Cashman-Hal falls for it, then they must be the stupidest people on earth. After seeing all these large contracts turn out badly over the years. Pujols, Crawford, Ellsbury, Cano, Hamilton, Heyward, Arod, Tex, Panda, Cabrera, Choo, Vernon Wells, Swisher, etc.



Fool the Yankees once, shame on you. Fool the Yankees twice (and more), shame on Cashman-Hal.




Nobody likes a smartass.   Have a nice holiday anyway




Merry Christmas Big. Hope you're getting better and stronger every day




Same to you and your family, and a Happy New Year.  I feel pretty good, getting stronger even though I still have this hose hanging from me. At least I'm driving again.




Glad to hear you're getting stronger and back to driving. Look foward to us getting to a SWB game this season

4 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2018 - 11:41AM #45
bomberhojoe
Posts: 15,493
Big Guy, hope God blesses you in 2019 with health!
John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
4 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2018 - 1:00PM #46
BigGuy
Posts: 66,015

Dec 24, 2018 -- 11:41AM, bomberhojoe wrote:

Big Guy, hope God blesses you in 2019 with health!



Thanks my friend.  I hope you and yours have a great holiday, and great 2019.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
4 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2018 - 3:38PM #47
scooterfan
Posts: 77

I will be happy when he signs with another team. In a few years Andujar will be just as good or better than Machado will be. We need pitching not a 10 year contract.

4 years ago  ::  Dec 25, 2018 - 11:22PM #48
davis2
Posts: 19,213

Dec 24, 2018 -- 12:27AM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 23, 2018 -- 9:49PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:40PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:31PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:17PM, rlab22 wrote:

Anyone against acquiring machado is foolish. He’s a 26 year old .300 hitter that fills a huge need in the middle of the infield. Maybe he could actually get a hit with runners in scoring position... yanks would be grateful to have manny sign and I’m all for it


I think his baggage may be a bit overblown...  I think he meant he wasn't a "charlie hustle" (Pete Rose) type. Only he knows his intent on the spiking incidents, but he has had incidents in the past with Boston. That is the only problem I really have heard about regarding Machado. He would be a huge upgrade at 3rd. (Sorry,Papa) I'd be ok with signing him.




Hey we actually agree on something.  The media overblew the whole Machado thing, outside of that series I've never heard of him being a dirty player.  And it's the play-offs, you expect players to try to do anything to win.  No one on here hated Arod after the slap play, not that I recall anyway.



I wouldn't mind if he signs with us. Truth be told, most guys don't bust ass like they used to. Too much $$$ at stake, and it's hard to fault them.  Merry Christmas, Yankees.




Merry Christmas and happy New Years!  Let's hope the Yankees start new years right with signing Machado.



I'd be happy with the signing, but we aren't in the majority on that.

4 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2018 - 7:52AM #49
hampfan
Posts: 3,763

Dec 25, 2018 -- 11:22PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 24, 2018 -- 12:27AM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 23, 2018 -- 9:49PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:40PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:31PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:17PM, rlab22 wrote:

Anyone against acquiring machado is foolish. He’s a 26 year old .300 hitter that fills a huge need in the middle of the infield. Maybe he could actually get a hit with runners in scoring position... yanks would be grateful to have manny sign and I’m all for it


I think his baggage may be a bit overblown...  I think he meant he wasn't a "charlie hustle" (Pete Rose) type. Only he knows his intent on the spiking incidents, but he has had incidents in the past with Boston. That is the only problem I really have heard about regarding Machado. He would be a huge upgrade at 3rd. (Sorry,Papa) I'd be ok with signing him.




Hey we actually agree on something.  The media overblew the whole Machado thing, outside of that series I've never heard of him being a dirty player.  And it's the play-offs, you expect players to try to do anything to win.  No one on here hated Arod after the slap play, not that I recall anyway.



I wouldn't mind if he signs with us. Truth be told, most guys don't bust ass like they used to. Too much $$$ at stake, and it's hard to fault them.  Merry Christmas, Yankees.




Merry Christmas and happy New Years!  Let's hope the Yankees start new years right with signing Machado.



I'd be happy with the signing, but we aren't in the majority on that.




To me, where there's smoke, there's fire.

4 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2018 - 4:23PM #50
qimqam
Posts: 469

I will be relieved ...


I Don't want Machado, Don't want to lose Andujar and Don't want to pass on Harper 

Page 5 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Will you be relieved once Machado signs elsewhere?
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum