Network Forums Yankees Will you be relieved once Machado signs elsewhere?
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 6 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next
Will you be relieved once Machado signs elsewhere?
4 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2018 - 11:24PM #51
davis2
Posts: 19,213

Dec 26, 2018 -- 7:52AM, hampfan wrote:


Dec 25, 2018 -- 11:22PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 24, 2018 -- 12:27AM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 23, 2018 -- 9:49PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:40PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:31PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:17PM, rlab22 wrote:

Anyone against acquiring machado is foolish. He’s a 26 year old .300 hitter that fills a huge need in the middle of the infield. Maybe he could actually get a hit with runners in scoring position... yanks would be grateful to have manny sign and I’m all for it


I think his baggage may be a bit overblown...  I think he meant he wasn't a "charlie hustle" (Pete Rose) type. Only he knows his intent on the spiking incidents, but he has had incidents in the past with Boston. That is the only problem I really have heard about regarding Machado. He would be a huge upgrade at 3rd. (Sorry,Papa) I'd be ok with signing him.




Hey we actually agree on something.  The media overblew the whole Machado thing, outside of that series I've never heard of him being a dirty player.  And it's the play-offs, you expect players to try to do anything to win.  No one on here hated Arod after the slap play, not that I recall anyway.



I wouldn't mind if he signs with us. Truth be told, most guys don't bust ass like they used to. Too much $$$ at stake, and it's hard to fault them.  Merry Christmas, Yankees.




Merry Christmas and happy New Years!  Let's hope the Yankees start new years right with signing Machado.



I'd be happy with the signing, but we aren't in the majority on that.




To me, where there's smoke, there's fire.



Smoke can be faked.

4 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2018 - 1:31PM #52
CHL59
Posts: 4,399

Machado being a Yankee is not the answer to anything the Yankees are about... I believe a blind man could see the controversy that follows this guy. He plays dirty. He is also a malcontent who told his team to put him at SS or bench him, and they caved into his tantrum. He said he is not Johnny Hustle. He turns triples into doubles staring at what he thinks are homeruns off his bat.   


Anyone needing more proof this guy is trouble just isn't paying attention IMO.  Maybe A solid guy like Tulo, until Didi is back, would be a decent idea I think. He could be here for minimum wage. As a Yankee, (Jeter was his idol) Tulo may actually be rejuvenated to his career stats.


Machado wants to be a full time player, and if he goes to third, we trade Andujar. Who wants that?  In a few years Andujar will be Machado, and for a lot less money with a lot less headaches. That's my take on it.

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
4 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2018 - 2:43PM #53
Max
Posts: 42,830

Dec 26, 2018 -- 7:52AM, hampfan wrote:


Dec 25, 2018 -- 11:22PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 24, 2018 -- 12:27AM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 23, 2018 -- 9:49PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:40PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:31PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:17PM, rlab22 wrote:

Anyone against acquiring machado is foolish. He’s a 26 year old .300 hitter that fills a huge need in the middle of the infield. Maybe he could actually get a hit with runners in scoring position... yanks would be grateful to have manny sign and I’m all for it


I think his baggage may be a bit overblown...  I think he meant he wasn't a "charlie hustle" (Pete Rose) type. Only he knows his intent on the spiking incidents, but he has had incidents in the past with Boston. That is the only problem I really have heard about regarding Machado. He would be a huge upgrade at 3rd. (Sorry,Papa) I'd be ok with signing him.




Hey we actually agree on something.  The media overblew the whole Machado thing, outside of that series I've never heard of him being a dirty player.  And it's the play-offs, you expect players to try to do anything to win.  No one on here hated Arod after the slap play, not that I recall anyway.



I wouldn't mind if he signs with us. Truth be told, most guys don't bust ass like they used to. Too much $$$ at stake, and it's hard to fault them.  Merry Christmas, Yankees.




Merry Christmas and happy New Years!  Let's hope the Yankees start new years right with signing Machado.



I'd be happy with the signing, but we aren't in the majority on that.




To me, where there's smoke, there's fire.




Sometimes, other times what appears to be smoke is nothing more than steam coming from bullspit. 

.
4 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2018 - 3:23PM #54
thestraw44
Posts: 974

Dec 22, 2018 -- 1:52PM, Cocopugg wrote:


I'm sticking to what I said. If Machado signs with the Yankees, I'm leaving this messageboard for good, because I won't be following the Yankees as long as he's on the team. I'm tired of seeing Yankee tradition slip away, and having a spoiled billionaire wannabe thug on the team won't make my feelings rest any better.




I’m with you Coco on this one (Except I won’t be leaving the board or stop following the yanks but I may not watch the games). Looking forward to the day when he signs elsewhere. He seems like the insufferable smug player that the redslobs would sign. Stay classy Yankees!

4 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2018 - 3:35PM #55
thestraw44
Posts: 974

Dec 27, 2018 -- 1:31PM, CHL59 wrote:


Machado being a Yankee is not the answer to anything the Yankees are about... I believe a blind man could see the controversy that follows this guy. He plays dirty. He is also a malcontent who told his team to put him at SS or bench him, and they caved into his tantrum. He said he is not Johnny Hustle. He turns triples into doubles staring at what he thinks are homeruns off his bat.   


Anyone needing more proof this guy is trouble just isn't paying attention IMO.  Maybe A solid guy like Tulo, until Didi is back, would be a decent idea I think. He could be here for minimum wage. As a Yankee, (Jeter was his idol) Tulo may actually be rejuvenated to his career stats.


Machado wants to be a full time player, and if he goes to third, we trade Andujar. Who wants that?  In a few years Andujar will be Machado, and for a lot less money with a lot less headaches. That's my take on it.




Here, here! The only reason for me to ship off Andujar is for a TOR pitcher which leaves a hole that Machado can easily fill. Still don’t like the idea bc of his intangibles you mentioned. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this before with such a talented FA acquisition (potential) getting so much Yankee fan backlash  throughout the forty yrs of following the team.

4 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2018 - 1:31AM #56
Yankees
Posts: 6,807

Dec 25, 2018 -- 11:22PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 24, 2018 -- 12:27AM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 23, 2018 -- 9:49PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:40PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:31PM, davis2 wrote:


Dec 22, 2018 -- 10:17PM, rlab22 wrote:

Anyone against acquiring machado is foolish. He’s a 26 year old .300 hitter that fills a huge need in the middle of the infield. Maybe he could actually get a hit with runners in scoring position... yanks would be grateful to have manny sign and I’m all for it


I think his baggage may be a bit overblown...  I think he meant he wasn't a "charlie hustle" (Pete Rose) type. Only he knows his intent on the spiking incidents, but he has had incidents in the past with Boston. That is the only problem I really have heard about regarding Machado. He would be a huge upgrade at 3rd. (Sorry,Papa) I'd be ok with signing him.




Hey we actually agree on something.  The media overblew the whole Machado thing, outside of that series I've never heard of him being a dirty player.  And it's the play-offs, you expect players to try to do anything to win.  No one on here hated Arod after the slap play, not that I recall anyway.



I wouldn't mind if he signs with us. Truth be told, most guys don't bust ass like they used to. Too much $$$ at stake, and it's hard to fault them.  Merry Christmas, Yankees.




Merry Christmas and happy New Years!  Let's hope the Yankees start new years right with signing Machado.



I'd be happy with the signing, but we aren't in the majority on that.




If they do sign him then Machado better get off to a hot start, if the the consensus of Machado is like it's on this board then not many people would be happy with the signing.  It would be very important for him to win over the home crowd with a monster April.

Tonberry Pictures, Images and Photos
4 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2018 - 10:49AM #57
Lulu
Posts: 3,341

I don't want Andujar traded. Let someone else be saddled with his 10 year deal. My guess is that the Yankees offered only 7 years at more money per year. Am I wrong, but wouldn't the union veto him from taking the lesser offer?

4 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2018 - 11:09AM #58
yankoldfan
Posts: 12,187

Dec 29, 2018 -- 10:49AM, Lulu wrote:


I don't want Andujar traded. Let someone else be saddled with his 10 year deal. My guess is that the Yankees offered only 7 years at more money per year. Am I wrong, but wouldn't the union veto him from taking the lesser offer?




I'm going to stick to my guns, I don't think either will get ten years, and I don't think either will get $300M, I could be wrong, but that's just my two cents... Undecided

4 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2018 - 11:13AM #59
newinn
Posts: 39,132

Dec 29, 2018 -- 11:09AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Dec 29, 2018 -- 10:49AM, Lulu wrote:


I don't want Andujar traded. Let someone else be saddled with his 10 year deal. My guess is that the Yankees offered only 7 years at more money per year. Am I wrong, but wouldn't the union veto him from taking the lesser offer?




I'm going to stick to my guns, I don't think either will get ten years, and I don't think either will get $300M, I could be wrong, but that's just my two cents... 




I've been saying that for about a month. I do think if it's less then 10, they will get opt outs

4 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2018 - 11:17AM #60
yankoldfan
Posts: 12,187

Dec 29, 2018 -- 11:13AM, newinn wrote:


Dec 29, 2018 -- 11:09AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Dec 29, 2018 -- 10:49AM, Lulu wrote:


I don't want Andujar traded. Let someone else be saddled with his 10 year deal. My guess is that the Yankees offered only 7 years at more money per year. Am I wrong, but wouldn't the union veto him from taking the lesser offer?




I'm going to stick to my guns, I don't think either will get ten years, and I don't think either will get $300M, I could be wrong, but that's just my two cents... 




I've been saying that for about a month. I do think if it's less then 10, they will get opt outs




I've been hoping that management has seen the light on long expensive contracts, I just can't see putting all their marbles in one sack... There's no doubt the money teams have all kinds of money, but I think if they're using their heads they need to play this game for the future as well as just win today at all costs ?? 

Page 6 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Will you be relieved once Machado signs elsewhere?
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum