Network Forums Yankees Severino Possibly Out Longer Than Anticipated
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Severino Possibly Out Longer Than Anticipated
5 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2019 - 6:55AM #31
Stewie
Posts: 2,450

Apr 9, 2019 -- 9:48PM, dixieyank wrote:


Offer Keuchel a big 1 year deal. He gets to play for the Yankees. He gets a big yearly payday. He gets to try the FA market again next season.


Yankees get a guy who has the ability to give you ACE quality games.


Sevy being an uncertainty, should force the Yanks' hands if they want to run at the WS. You certainly can't depend on CC and one of the AAA gang to get you to the promised land IMO.


DO IT HANK. 




We have enough mediocrities, we don't need to buy more, especially one that thinks it's still 2015.  Since then his record has been 35-28, not very good for an alleged ace on a very good Astros team.  In fact, in the three seasons since 2015 his winning percentage has been .555, while the Astros team average (even including his games) has been .605.


This is an ace???  I thought an ace is supposed to raise his team's winning percentage, not lower it.


There's a reason (or two) he wasn't signed all Winter. If the Yankees signed him they wouldn't be plucking some jewel the other 29 teams didn't have the smarts to recognize. They'd be acting out of panic, throwing big money away once again for a player whose prime has long since passed.

5 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2019 - 7:08AM #32
yankoldfan
Posts: 12,392

I don't see Kuechel being signed by the Yankees.. We have the two kids who are actually pitching better than Paxton and Happ, if they can continue and get some run support they'll be fine.. Right now this team is making too many mental mistakes, you can't win against good team with our heads up our butt.. Last nights game was a joke, major league players just shouldn't be that brain dead..


CC is coming back, although, I hate to say this, I don't look for a lot of good games out of him either... We need to get our offense back, Stanton, Hicks, and Didi, I think Stanton and Hicks will be back before Didi but if we can get these players back I think our offense can bail out some of our pitching problems ?? Lets remember the Astro's are a damn good team, they don't beat themselves, that's just what we have done the last two games against them, we've gifted them a couple wins...

5 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2019 - 7:18AM #33
Stewie
Posts: 2,450

Apr 10, 2019 -- 7:08AM, yankoldfan wrote:


I don't see Kuechel being signed by the Yankees.. We have the two kids who are actually pitching better than Paxton and Happ, if they can continue and get some run support they'll be fine.. Right now this team is making too many mental mistakes, you can't win against good team with our heads up our butt.. Last nights game was a joke, major league players just shouldn't be that brain dead..


CC is coming back, although, I hate to say this, I don't look for a lot of good games out of him either... We need to get our offense back, Stanton, Hicks, and Didi, I think Stanton and Hicks will be back before Didi but if we can get these players back I think our offense can bail out some of our pitching problems ?? Lets remember the Astro's are a damn good team, they don't beat themselves, that's just what we have done the last two games against them, we've gifted them a couple wins...




What leads you to believe Hicks' return would be a plus to the offense?  Last season was an aberration.  Before last season he had averaged 8 HRs a year, and at season's end he'll be in his 30s.  If he's spent so much time on the IL in his youth, why would anyone think he's going to do anything but miss more games in his 30s?

5 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2019 - 7:21AM #34
yankoldfan
Posts: 12,392

Apr 10, 2019 -- 7:18AM, Stewie wrote:


Apr 10, 2019 -- 7:08AM, yankoldfan wrote:


I don't see Kuechel being signed by the Yankees.. We have the two kids who are actually pitching better than Paxton and Happ, if they can continue and get some run support they'll be fine.. Right now this team is making too many mental mistakes, you can't win against good team with our heads up our butt.. Last nights game was a joke, major league players just shouldn't be that brain dead..


CC is coming back, although, I hate to say this, I don't look for a lot of good games out of him either... We need to get our offense back, Stanton, Hicks, and Didi, I think Stanton and Hicks will be back before Didi but if we can get these players back I think our offense can bail out some of our pitching problems ?? Lets remember the Astro's are a damn good team, they don't beat themselves, that's just what we have done the last two games against them, we've gifted them a couple wins...




What leads you to believe Hicks' return would be a plus to the offense?  Last season was an aberration.  Before last season he had averaged 8 HRs a year, and at season's end he'll be in his 30s.  If he's spent so much time on the IL in his youth, why would anyone think he's going to do anything but miss more games in his 30s?




You have to play with the hand your dealt... Hicks is the best option if healthy we have, Gardner has run his course, I do know you don't like either ?? What I wonder, is this, who do you like on this team, and are you a Yankee Fan or not ??

5 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2019 - 7:32AM #35
Stewie
Posts: 2,450

Apr 10, 2019 -- 7:21AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Apr 10, 2019 -- 7:18AM, Stewie wrote:


Apr 10, 2019 -- 7:08AM, yankoldfan wrote:


I don't see Kuechel being signed by the Yankees.. We have the two kids who are actually pitching better than Paxton and Happ, if they can continue and get some run support they'll be fine.. Right now this team is making too many mental mistakes, you can't win against good team with our heads up our butt.. Last nights game was a joke, major league players just shouldn't be that brain dead..


CC is coming back, although, I hate to say this, I don't look for a lot of good games out of him either... We need to get our offense back, Stanton, Hicks, and Didi, I think Stanton and Hicks will be back before Didi but if we can get these players back I think our offense can bail out some of our pitching problems ?? Lets remember the Astro's are a damn good team, they don't beat themselves, that's just what we have done the last two games against them, we've gifted them a couple wins...




What leads you to believe Hicks' return would be a plus to the offense?  Last season was an aberration.  Before last season he had averaged 8 HRs a year, and at season's end he'll be in his 30s.  If he's spent so much time on the IL in his youth, why would anyone think he's going to do anything but miss more games in his 30s?




You have to play with the hand your dealt... Hicks is the best option if healthy we have, Gardner has run his course, I do know you don't like either ?? What I wonder, is this, who do you like on this team, and are you a Yankee Fan or not ??




Please, OYF, I honestly belive you are better than that. Not that tired "Pretend Yankee Fan" BS. I have a problem with Hicks and Gardner (one because he's a low performer and delicate, the other because he's mediocre and I don't like his face), but mostly Boone.  That's it.  I don't think I've ever expressed dislike for any other current Yankee, other than to wish Sabathia would get himself in shape, but that was just tough love.  How can you be a professional athlete (whose only job is to get and stay in shape) with millions to spend on strength and conditioning coaches in the off-season and still have the physique of a beached whale??


This is the most frustrating team in baseball. They obviously have the money and the tradition, they have great young players, but they seem snakebitten by injuries and mismanagement.  As an example, for starters, imagine this team without Aaron Boone (it's not just lack of experience, the man has no baseball sense) but with a real manager, and with Bryce Harper.

5 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2019 - 7:45AM #36
yankoldfan
Posts: 12,392

Apr 10, 2019 -- 7:32AM, Stewie wrote:


Apr 10, 2019 -- 7:21AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Apr 10, 2019 -- 7:18AM, Stewie wrote:


Apr 10, 2019 -- 7:08AM, yankoldfan wrote:


I don't see Kuechel being signed by the Yankees.. We have the two kids who are actually pitching better than Paxton and Happ, if they can continue and get some run support they'll be fine.. Right now this team is making too many mental mistakes, you can't win against good team with our heads up our butt.. Last nights game was a joke, major league players just shouldn't be that brain dead..


CC is coming back, although, I hate to say this, I don't look for a lot of good games out of him either... We need to get our offense back, Stanton, Hicks, and Didi, I think Stanton and Hicks will be back before Didi but if we can get these players back I think our offense can bail out some of our pitching problems ?? Lets remember the Astro's are a damn good team, they don't beat themselves, that's just what we have done the last two games against them, we've gifted them a couple wins...




What leads you to believe Hicks' return would be a plus to the offense?  Last season was an aberration.  Before last season he had averaged 8 HRs a year, and at season's end he'll be in his 30s.  If he's spent so much time on the IL in his youth, why would anyone think he's going to do anything but miss more games in his 30s?




You have to play with the hand your dealt... Hicks is the best option if healthy we have, Gardner has run his course, I do know you don't like either ?? What I wonder, is this, who do you like on this team, and are you a Yankee Fan or not ??




Please, OYF, I honestly belive you are better than that. Not that tired "Pretend Yankee Fan" BS. I have a problem with Hicks and Gardner (one because he's a low performer and delicate, the other because he's mediocre and I don't like his face), but mostly Boone.  That's it.  I don't think I've ever expressed dislike for any other current Yankee, other than to wish Sabathia would get himself in shape, but that was just tough love.  How can you be a professional athlete (whose only job is to get and stay in shape) with millions to spend on strength and conditioning coaches in the off-season and still have the physique of a beached whale??


This is the most frustrating team in baseball. They obviously have the money and the tradition, they have great young players, but they seem snakebitten by injuries and mismanagement.  As an example, for starters, imagine this team without Aaron Boone (it's not just lack of experience, the man has no baseball sense) but with a real manager, and with Bryce Harper.




I do understand with you on some of your points... The one thing I think fans forget is this is a business as well as a game.. The Yankees just can't go out and spend huge on these FA's when we have some of our own that are going to demand big money.. I agree, I wonder why we have so many injuries all the time.. Look at Boston last year, they stayed relatively healthy all season,  and the won it all... 


Unlike some fans, I don't have to have a win it all or it's a failure attitude, we won 100 games last year, we made the playoffs, there's a lot of teams that would have traded places with us.. KInd of like last year, we're not getting out of the shut very well, but last year we didn't have all the injuries we have this year, until we get healthy it's going to be tough to win against these really good teams...

Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Severino Possibly Out Longer Than Anticipated
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum