Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 54 of 65  •  Prev 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65 Next
Question for cons ??
4 months ago  ::  Aug 25, 2022 - 1:22PM #531
Max
Posts: 11,078

Question for Trumpies...When Trump and other corporations file for business bankruptcy is that socialism?

4 months ago  ::  Aug 25, 2022 - 1:22PM #532
Max
Posts: 11,078

Question for Trumpies...When states like NY send more tax money to DC than it gets back while states like Florida get more money than they send to DC, is that socialism?

4 months ago  ::  Aug 25, 2022 - 1:22PM #533
Max
Posts: 11,078

Question for Trumpies...Are Trump and some of his acolytes Kari Lake, DeSantis, etc. dumbing down the republican party?

4 months ago  ::  Aug 25, 2022 - 2:15PM #534
NW
Posts: 4,798

Aug 25, 2022 -- 1:22PM, Max wrote:


Question for Trumpies...When states like NY send more tax money to DC than it gets back while states like Florida get more money than they send to DC, is that socialism?




Well, the 16th Amendment allowed this to happen, so regardless of whether you consider it socialism, it is law.  While NY may send more money to DC, much of that money is spent supporting agriculture, which NY desprately needs to survive because we don't produce what we eat.  Also, some of that money would go to states that produce energy, which NY doesn't do to meet its needs.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 25, 2022 - 2:20PM #535
NW
Posts: 4,798

Aug 25, 2022 -- 1:22PM, Max wrote:


Question for Trumpies...When Trump and other corporations file for business bankruptcy is that socialism?




It most certainly is and I disagree with the premise of both business and personal bankruptcy.  I have no issues with protection from creditors to help rebuild a person or a business, but once that business or person is rebuilt, they should have to repay their debts.  To answer your question though, it is not socialism in a true sense because the debt of a bankrupt person or company is not directly spread among all people (although an argument can clearly be made that it will trickle down indirectly).  When my dad was in business as a general contractor, he had two major customers file for bankruptcy and he had to eat the close to $100K of bills they had racked up.  He didn't get any money back from the collective people, which is what socialism would do.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 25, 2022 - 3:12PM #536
Max
Posts: 11,078

Aug 25, 2022 -- 2:15PM, NW wrote:


Aug 25, 2022 -- 1:22PM, Max wrote:


Question for Trumpies...When states like NY send more tax money to DC than it gets back while states like Florida get more money than they send to DC, is that socialism?




Well, the 16th Amendment allowed this to happen, so regardless of whether you consider it socialism, it is law.  While NY may send more money to DC, much of that money is spent supporting agriculture, which NY desprately needs to survive because we don't produce what we eat.  Also, some of that money would go to states that produce energy, which NY doesn't do to meet its needs.




Yet other states that also don't produce enough food, energy to meet their needs get more money back than they send to DC. Every state has something to offer other states. NY produces other products that other states don't. So does California.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 25, 2022 - 3:19PM #537
Max
Posts: 11,078

Aug 25, 2022 -- 2:20PM, NW wrote:


Aug 25, 2022 -- 1:22PM, Max wrote:


Question for Trumpies...When Trump and other corporations file for business bankruptcy is that socialism?




It most certainly is and I disagree with the premise of both business and personal bankruptcy.  I have no issues with protection from creditors to help rebuild a person or a business, but once that business or person is rebuilt, they should have to repay their debts.  To answer your question though, it is not socialism in a true sense because the debt of a bankrupt person or company is not directly spread among all people (although an argument can clearly be made that it will trickle down indirectly).  When my dad was in business as a general contractor, he had two major customers file for bankruptcy and he had to eat the close to $100K of bills they had racked up.  He didn't get any money back from the collective people, which is what socialism would do.




So then the student loan relief isn't socialism either, right?

4 months ago  ::  Aug 25, 2022 - 3:23PM #538
Max
Posts: 11,078

Question for Trumpies...How come we don't hear many on the right talking about a flat tax when it comes to how much money states send to DC and how much money states get back from DC?

4 months ago  ::  Aug 25, 2022 - 3:39PM #539
NW
Posts: 4,798

Aug 25, 2022 -- 3:19PM, Max wrote:


Aug 25, 2022 -- 2:20PM, NW wrote:


Aug 25, 2022 -- 1:22PM, Max wrote:


Question for Trumpies...When Trump and other corporations file for business bankruptcy is that socialism?




It most certainly is and I disagree with the premise of both business and personal bankruptcy.  I have no issues with protection from creditors to help rebuild a person or a business, but once that business or person is rebuilt, they should have to repay their debts.  To answer your question though, it is not socialism in a true sense because the debt of a bankrupt person or company is not directly spread among all people (although an argument can clearly be made that it will trickle down indirectly).  When my dad was in business as a general contractor, he had two major customers file for bankruptcy and he had to eat the close to $100K of bills they had racked up.  He didn't get any money back from the collective people, which is what socialism would do.




So then the student loan relief isn't socialism either, right?




Yes it is because it's taking the debts of some and spreading it among all.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 25, 2022 - 3:48PM #540
NY23
Posts: 22,103

Aug 25, 2022 -- 3:19PM, Max wrote:


Aug 25, 2022 -- 2:20PM, NW wrote:


Aug 25, 2022 -- 1:22PM, Max wrote:


Question for Trumpies...When Trump and other corporations file for business bankruptcy is that socialism?




It most certainly is and I disagree with the premise of both business and personal bankruptcy.  I have no issues with protection from creditors to help rebuild a person or a business, but once that business or person is rebuilt, they should have to repay their debts.  To answer your question though, it is not socialism in a true sense because the debt of a bankrupt person or company is not directly spread among all people (although an argument can clearly be made that it will trickle down indirectly).  When my dad was in business as a general contractor, he had two major customers file for bankruptcy and he had to eat the close to $100K of bills they had racked up.  He didn't get any money back from the collective people, which is what socialism would do.




So then the student loan relief isn't socialism either, right?




The world according to right-wing socialists:
Socialism is great if it benefits the rich.
Socialism is bad if it benefits the poor and the middle class.

Page 54 of 65  •  Prev 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum