Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 2 of 21  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next
Mass shootings
3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2019 - 10:37AM #11
dixieyank
Posts: 6,828

Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:31AM, bertram wrote:


Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:21AM, dixieyank wrote:


Aug 4, 2019 -- 9:56AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Republicans continue to say, all the left wants to do is take our guns away... The program we have in this country isn't working, taking away the guns hasn't happened, but the mass shootings continue and even at a faster rate than anyone ever thought it could... It isn't working the way it is, why not try something else ?? why not put laws that have tougher gun checks, tougher laws to get control of these kind of guns and once and for try to get as many of the AR kind of rifles off the streets and into the hands of the military and law enforcement, the only people that should have these kind of weapons...


Our President and our Rep. controlled Senate refuses to even tackle the problem, using the NRA's under the table money to keep getting re-elected, they are throwing the innocent people of this country under the bus in order to keep themselves in high places, it's time for Moscow Mitch, and the rest of the Senate to stop bills coming to the Senate and let the wish of the people go through... Just how many innocent people have to get murdered by white supremest nuts is it going to take to get something done ??




Destroyed your AR yet? Or turned it over the police/military?




Have you called your members of Congress and urged them to enact reasonable gun controls?  Urged the banning of assault weapons?  If not, you have no business lecturing others.  Do you think we Dem supporters would fight such a ban?




Nope. I'm not the one that owns an AR type gun, and I'm not the one telling people we need to ban them. I can lecture those who are hypocrites on the subject, like oldfan. 


And why would I call my members of Congress? I love my states gun laws, which allow me to own and carry a gun for protection. I don't blame the guns or the laws for the actions of nutjobs, no more than I blame alcohol or cars or traffic laws for drunks running over people.


You seem to be confusing me with one of your anti gun buddies.

3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2019 - 10:43AM #12
dixieyank
Posts: 6,828

Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:34AM, bertram wrote:



Trump helps the crazies, voluntarily or involuntarily so, to focus their anger, mania or whatever else drives them.  To deny that is to deny reality.




ROFL.... and now I have to agree with people I don't normally agree with, like our departed Craner. Your Trumph hate is fogging your vision.


This is called overreaction and using tragedy to propel your political bent.

3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2019 - 10:49AM #13
bertram
Posts: 17,463

Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:43AM, dixieyank wrote:


Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:34AM, bertram wrote:



Trump helps the crazies, voluntarily or involuntarily so, to focus their anger, mania or whatever else drives them.  To deny that is to deny reality.




ROFL.... and now I have to agree with people I don't normally agree with, like our departed Craner. Your Trumph hate is fogging your vision.


This is called overreaction and using tragedy to propel your political bent.




People who can't stomach Trump have a myriad of logical reasons for it.  You evidently choose to ignore the worst of it and are OK with the carnage continuing.  The majority of Americans see it and the Trump fatigue is spreading.  

3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2019 - 10:54AM #14
bertram
Posts: 17,463

It's easy to play the "Three Monkeys" game when none of your family members have been victims of senseless gun violence.  Otherwise, you'd be blubbering a different tune

3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2019 - 10:56AM #15
yankoldfan
Posts: 11,919

Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:37AM, dixieyank wrote:


Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:31AM, bertram wrote:


Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:21AM, dixieyank wrote:


Aug 4, 2019 -- 9:56AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Republicans continue to say, all the left wants to do is take our guns away... The program we have in this country isn't working, taking away the guns hasn't happened, but the mass shootings continue and even at a faster rate than anyone ever thought it could... It isn't working the way it is, why not try something else ?? why not put laws that have tougher gun checks, tougher laws to get control of these kind of guns and once and for try to get as many of the AR kind of rifles off the streets and into the hands of the military and law enforcement, the only people that should have these kind of weapons...


Our President and our Rep. controlled Senate refuses to even tackle the problem, using the NRA's under the table money to keep getting re-elected, they are throwing the innocent people of this country under the bus in order to keep themselves in high places, it's time for Moscow Mitch, and the rest of the Senate to stop bills coming to the Senate and let the wish of the people go through... Just how many innocent people have to get murdered by white supremest nuts is it going to take to get something done ??




Destroyed your AR yet? Or turned it over the police/military?




Have you called your members of Congress and urged them to enact reasonable gun controls?  Urged the banning of assault weapons?  If not, you have no business lecturing others.  Do you think we Dem supporters would fight such a ban?




Nope. I'm not the one that owns an AR type gun, and I'm not the one telling people we need to ban them. I can lecture those who are hypocrites on the subject, like oldfan. 


And why would I call my members of Congress? I love my states gun laws, which allow me to own and carry a gun for protection. I don't blame the guns or the laws for the actions of nutjobs, no more than I blame alcohol or cars or traffic laws for drunks running over people.


You seem to be confusing me with one of your anti gun buddies.




Quit making a fool out of yourself dixie chick, blame where blame is due, if you think my AR that's still in the box it came in, and has never been fired is a problem, it really shows why you're the stupid one following your man donald... When it comes to being a HYPOCRITE you fill the qualifications...

3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2019 - 10:57AM #16
dixieyank
Posts: 6,828

Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:49AM, bertram wrote:


Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:43AM, dixieyank wrote:


Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:34AM, bertram wrote:



Trump helps the crazies, voluntarily or involuntarily so, to focus their anger, mania or whatever else drives them.  To deny that is to deny reality.




ROFL.... and now I have to agree with people I don't normally agree with, like our departed Craner. Your Trumph hate is fogging your vision.


This is called overreaction and using tragedy to propel your political bent.




People who can't stomach Trump have a myriad of logical reasons for it.  You evidently choose to ignore the worst of it and are OK with the carnage continuing.  The majority of Americans see it and the Trump fatigue is spreading.  




I'm just not laying blame for mass shootings by nujobs at his feet. That's, IMO, a bit facile.

3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2019 - 11:06AM #17
dixieyank
Posts: 6,828

Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:56AM, yankoldfan wrote:



Quit making a fool out of yourself dixie chick, blame where blame is due, if you think my AR that's still in the box it came in, and has never been fired is a problem, it really shows why you're the stupid one following your man donald... When it comes to being a HYPOCRITE you fill the qualifications...




1. You told everyone here that you were gifted an AR15 from your grandson.


2. You continue to own it, although you never take it out of the box.


3. You have come out against the owning of such guns by others, yet you have not destroyed or relinquished yours to the police/military, which you claim is the only entities that should have possession of such guns.


4. You cannot refute my claim, and thus resort to name calling. Quite churlish and juvenile.


5. You misrepresent me by calling me a follower of "donald" (Trump), when I've stated many times I am not a supporter and did not vote for Trumph.


anything else?

3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2019 - 11:07AM #18
bertram
Posts: 17,463

Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:57AM, dixieyank wrote:


Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:49AM, bertram wrote:


Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:43AM, dixieyank wrote:


Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:34AM, bertram wrote:



Trump helps the crazies, voluntarily or involuntarily so, to focus their anger, mania or whatever else drives them.  To deny that is to deny reality.




ROFL.... and now I have to agree with people I don't normally agree with, like our departed Craner. Your Trumph hate is fogging your vision.


This is called overreaction and using tragedy to propel your political bent.




People who can't stomach Trump have a myriad of logical reasons for it.  You evidently choose to ignore the worst of it and are OK with the carnage continuing.  The majority of Americans see it and the Trump fatigue is spreading.  




I'm just not laying blame for mass shootings by nujobs at his feet. That's, IMO, a bit facile.




Trump stirs up and focuses the people who are teetering on the brink of violence.  He points fingers at the "enemies of the people".  Death threats ensue, such as those that are being directed at members of Congress, judges, etc. who are people of color and/or immigrants.  Others don't just threaten; they act.  I hold people like you who look the other way responsible as enablers who, through votes or just inertia, keep the gun culture alive and the body count climbing.


3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2019 - 11:10AM #19
dixieyank
Posts: 6,828

Aug 4, 2019 -- 10:54AM, bertram wrote:


It's easy to play the "Three Monkeys" game when none of your family members have been victims of senseless gun violence.  Otherwise, you'd be blubbering a different tune




It's easy to act silly after reading the news, when your "feels" get triggered and your brain isn't doing logic...


Tell me again how I will feel, if my predicament were changed...

3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2019 - 11:12AM #20
dixieyank
Posts: 6,828

Aug 4, 2019 -- 11:07AM, bertram wrote:



Trump stirs up and focuses the people who are teetering on the brink of violence.  He points fingers at the "enemies of the people".  Death threats ensue, such as those that are being directed at members of Congress, judges, etc. who are people of color and/or immigrants.  Others don't just threaten; they act.  I hold people like you who look the other way responsible as enablers who, through votes or just inertia, keep the gun culture alive and the body count climbing.





Well then, I suppose our discussion is done.


And I say a hearty F you.

Page 2 of 21  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum