Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 54 of 63  •  Prev 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 63 Next
The Trumps: A Family Of Crooks Part Two
3 months ago  ::  Sep 10, 2021 - 12:27PM #531
NW
Posts: 3,494

Sep 9, 2021 -- 7:31AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 1:43PM, SSBob wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 1:31PM, yankoldfan wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 12:32PM, SSBob wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 7:23AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Sep 7, 2021 -- 7:21PM, NY23 wrote:


Trump is being criminally investigated in Georgia for tampering with the election


Georgia prosecutors have been investigating Trump’s phone calls to state election officials for months after he asked them to “find votes” for him and overturn the results.


Fulton County investigators have received documents from Georgia election officials and they have interviewed four people.




He's being investigated, but it's time to find something, everyone knows he's as corrupt as anyone can be, but they seem to do nothing about it ?? If it would be any average American that didn't have millions of $$$$$ we'd be in jail and they'd have thrown the key away...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The sad, sickening reality is Trump and his minions will likely get away with the garbage they’ve pulled, and be further emboldened to continue their assaults on our democracy.


Little wonder many Americans have lost faith in our systems of government and “justice”.




I know I'm starting to feel that way... Do we really have any laws in this country ?? It seems not, even the (D) seem afraid to go after the answers... If they're hiding something to, there has to be some justice in this world we live in today, hell if they're all crooks, hang them all... Someone has to correct the road our country is going down... 


I had a friend tell me the other day, this is going to turn into a revolution if someone doesn't get a grip on what's happening, I hope he's wrong, but we've already got politicians that are talking about bearing arms, that's pretty damn scary...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I know I'll sound like my dad, and everyone else's dad, but this country is hurtling toward disaster. While I feel bad re what awaits my kids and grandkids, I'm grateful to be in my golden years.




I've been telling family members the same thing, it's a tough world we live in today, it's a rich world that eats the poor and loves doing it... I have a couple of ideas that could change a lot of problems, first there needs to be term limits... And probably the most radical thing, maybe not radical, but our money should be called in and changed ?? Yes let's say on Jan. 1 of 2023 will be the last day the current money (cash) will be no good, print a completely new dollar, change the color, do anything, the money that would come out of the woodwork would almost pay the national debt, it would show the crooks that have been beating our Government out of tax dollars, and if prosecuted to the fullest there would be a lot of powerful people in jail.. I know some will laugh at this, but just stop and think about it, it would work...




I agree with you on term limits.  I'm not really sure what your idea of changing the currency would do though.  What exactly would forcing people to exchange their cash for new cash do?  There is no tax on having cash, only on income.  

3 months ago  ::  Sep 11, 2021 - 7:03AM #532
yankoldfan
Posts: 11,519

Sep 10, 2021 -- 12:27PM, NW wrote:


Sep 9, 2021 -- 7:31AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 1:43PM, SSBob wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 1:31PM, yankoldfan wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 12:32PM, SSBob wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 7:23AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Sep 7, 2021 -- 7:21PM, NY23 wrote:


Trump is being criminally investigated in Georgia for tampering with the election


Georgia prosecutors have been investigating Trump’s phone calls to state election officials for months after he asked them to “find votes” for him and overturn the results.


Fulton County investigators have received documents from Georgia election officials and they have interviewed four people.




He's being investigated, but it's time to find something, everyone knows he's as corrupt as anyone can be, but they seem to do nothing about it ?? If it would be any average American that didn't have millions of $$$$$ we'd be in jail and they'd have thrown the key away...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The sad, sickening reality is Trump and his minions will likely get away with the garbage they’ve pulled, and be further emboldened to continue their assaults on our democracy.


Little wonder many Americans have lost faith in our systems of government and “justice”.




I know I'm starting to feel that way... Do we really have any laws in this country ?? It seems not, even the (D) seem afraid to go after the answers... If they're hiding something to, there has to be some justice in this world we live in today, hell if they're all crooks, hang them all... Someone has to correct the road our country is going down... 


I had a friend tell me the other day, this is going to turn into a revolution if someone doesn't get a grip on what's happening, I hope he's wrong, but we've already got politicians that are talking about bearing arms, that's pretty damn scary...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I know I'll sound like my dad, and everyone else's dad, but this country is hurtling toward disaster. While I feel bad re what awaits my kids and grandkids, I'm grateful to be in my golden years.




I've been telling family members the same thing, it's a tough world we live in today, it's a rich world that eats the poor and loves doing it... I have a couple of ideas that could change a lot of problems, first there needs to be term limits... And probably the most radical thing, maybe not radical, but our money should be called in and changed ?? Yes let's say on Jan. 1 of 2023 will be the last day the current money (cash) will be no good, print a completely new dollar, change the color, do anything, the money that would come out of the woodwork would almost pay the national debt, it would show the crooks that have been beating our Government out of tax dollars, and if prosecuted to the fullest there would be a lot of powerful people in jail.. I know some will laugh at this, but just stop and think about it, it would work...




I agree with you on term limits.  I'm not really sure what your idea of changing the currency would do though.  What exactly would forcing people to exchange their cash for new cash do?  There is no tax on having cash, only on income.  




I guarantee you when millions of $$$$$ start showing up the IRS will be doing some looking... They'll have to explain why they have all that cash, and how they made it... Most if not all the cash that's lying around was never reported to the IRS, it's either laundered money or something illegal, you can bank on that...


Do you know you can't even walk into a, lets say a car dealer and buy a car with cash, that's over $10K that it doesn't have to be reported... If I take a check to my bank that let's say over $5K, I have to go through some extra paper work, it's also the same way if I would go put $5K in cash in my bank account it gets reported... There would be some nervous people if the money was to change...

3 months ago  ::  Sep 11, 2021 - 10:37AM #533
NY23
Posts: 16,410

Giuliani associate pleads guilty to soliciting foreign campaign contributions


thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/571...

3 months ago  ::  Sep 11, 2021 - 10:55AM #534
NW
Posts: 3,494

Sep 11, 2021 -- 7:03AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Sep 10, 2021 -- 12:27PM, NW wrote:


Sep 9, 2021 -- 7:31AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 1:43PM, SSBob wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 1:31PM, yankoldfan wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 12:32PM, SSBob wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 7:23AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Sep 7, 2021 -- 7:21PM, NY23 wrote:


Trump is being criminally investigated in Georgia for tampering with the election


Georgia prosecutors have been investigating Trump’s phone calls to state election officials for months after he asked them to “find votes” for him and overturn the results.


Fulton County investigators have received documents from Georgia election officials and they have interviewed four people.




He's being investigated, but it's time to find something, everyone knows he's as corrupt as anyone can be, but they seem to do nothing about it ?? If it would be any average American that didn't have millions of $$$$$ we'd be in jail and they'd have thrown the key away...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The sad, sickening reality is Trump and his minions will likely get away with the garbage they’ve pulled, and be further emboldened to continue their assaults on our democracy.


Little wonder many Americans have lost faith in our systems of government and “justice”.




I know I'm starting to feel that way... Do we really have any laws in this country ?? It seems not, even the (D) seem afraid to go after the answers... If they're hiding something to, there has to be some justice in this world we live in today, hell if they're all crooks, hang them all... Someone has to correct the road our country is going down... 


I had a friend tell me the other day, this is going to turn into a revolution if someone doesn't get a grip on what's happening, I hope he's wrong, but we've already got politicians that are talking about bearing arms, that's pretty damn scary...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I know I'll sound like my dad, and everyone else's dad, but this country is hurtling toward disaster. While I feel bad re what awaits my kids and grandkids, I'm grateful to be in my golden years.




I've been telling family members the same thing, it's a tough world we live in today, it's a rich world that eats the poor and loves doing it... I have a couple of ideas that could change a lot of problems, first there needs to be term limits... And probably the most radical thing, maybe not radical, but our money should be called in and changed ?? Yes let's say on Jan. 1 of 2023 will be the last day the current money (cash) will be no good, print a completely new dollar, change the color, do anything, the money that would come out of the woodwork would almost pay the national debt, it would show the crooks that have been beating our Government out of tax dollars, and if prosecuted to the fullest there would be a lot of powerful people in jail.. I know some will laugh at this, but just stop and think about it, it would work...




I agree with you on term limits.  I'm not really sure what your idea of changing the currency would do though.  What exactly would forcing people to exchange their cash for new cash do?  There is no tax on having cash, only on income.  




I guarantee you when millions of $$$$$ start showing up the IRS will be doing some looking... They'll have to explain why they have all that cash, and how they made it... Most if not all the cash that's lying around was never reported to the IRS, it's either laundered money or something illegal, you can bank on that...


Do you know you can't even walk into a, lets say a car dealer and buy a car with cash, that's over $10K that it doesn't have to be reported... If I take a check to my bank that let's say over $5K, I have to go through some extra paper work, it's also the same way if I would go put $5K in cash in my bank account it gets reported... There would be some nervous people if the money was to change...




I get your theory about unreported income but at the same time I don't understand how the IRS could possibly track it.  You aren't required to keep income records beyond 7 years and you could simply say that cash has been there for years.  I keep a few thousand dollars "under the mattress" at home and I've done so since the late 90's when a hurricane knocked out the ATM systems and electronic banking for a few days in my area.  I basically keep it to make any emergency purchases should that happen again and I can't access my funds in the bank.  If you asked me to account for where this money came from, I really couldn't.  I basically take change from cash transactions and add a little each year.

3 months ago  ::  Sep 12, 2021 - 9:25AM #535
yankoldfan
Posts: 11,519

Sep 11, 2021 -- 10:55AM, NW wrote:


Sep 11, 2021 -- 7:03AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Sep 10, 2021 -- 12:27PM, NW wrote:


Sep 9, 2021 -- 7:31AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 1:43PM, SSBob wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 1:31PM, yankoldfan wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 12:32PM, SSBob wrote:


Sep 8, 2021 -- 7:23AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Sep 7, 2021 -- 7:21PM, NY23 wrote:


Trump is being criminally investigated in Georgia for tampering with the election


Georgia prosecutors have been investigating Trump’s phone calls to state election officials for months after he asked them to “find votes” for him and overturn the results.


Fulton County investigators have received documents from Georgia election officials and they have interviewed four people.




He's being investigated, but it's time to find something, everyone knows he's as corrupt as anyone can be, but they seem to do nothing about it ?? If it would be any average American that didn't have millions of $$$$$ we'd be in jail and they'd have thrown the key away...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The sad, sickening reality is Trump and his minions will likely get away with the garbage they’ve pulled, and be further emboldened to continue their assaults on our democracy.


Little wonder many Americans have lost faith in our systems of government and “justice”.




I know I'm starting to feel that way... Do we really have any laws in this country ?? It seems not, even the (D) seem afraid to go after the answers... If they're hiding something to, there has to be some justice in this world we live in today, hell if they're all crooks, hang them all... Someone has to correct the road our country is going down... 


I had a friend tell me the other day, this is going to turn into a revolution if someone doesn't get a grip on what's happening, I hope he's wrong, but we've already got politicians that are talking about bearing arms, that's pretty damn scary...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I know I'll sound like my dad, and everyone else's dad, but this country is hurtling toward disaster. While I feel bad re what awaits my kids and grandkids, I'm grateful to be in my golden years.




I've been telling family members the same thing, it's a tough world we live in today, it's a rich world that eats the poor and loves doing it... I have a couple of ideas that could change a lot of problems, first there needs to be term limits... And probably the most radical thing, maybe not radical, but our money should be called in and changed ?? Yes let's say on Jan. 1 of 2023 will be the last day the current money (cash) will be no good, print a completely new dollar, change the color, do anything, the money that would come out of the woodwork would almost pay the national debt, it would show the crooks that have been beating our Government out of tax dollars, and if prosecuted to the fullest there would be a lot of powerful people in jail.. I know some will laugh at this, but just stop and think about it, it would work...




I agree with you on term limits.  I'm not really sure what your idea of changing the currency would do though.  What exactly would forcing people to exchange their cash for new cash do?  There is no tax on having cash, only on income.  




I guarantee you when millions of $$$$$ start showing up the IRS will be doing some looking... They'll have to explain why they have all that cash, and how they made it... Most if not all the cash that's lying around was never reported to the IRS, it's either laundered money or something illegal, you can bank on that...


Do you know you can't even walk into a, lets say a car dealer and buy a car with cash, that's over $10K that it doesn't have to be reported... If I take a check to my bank that let's say over $5K, I have to go through some extra paper work, it's also the same way if I would go put $5K in cash in my bank account it gets reported... There would be some nervous people if the money was to change...




I get your theory about unreported income but at the same time I don't understand how the IRS could possibly track it.  You aren't required to keep income records beyond 7 years and you could simply say that cash has been there for years.  I keep a few thousand dollars "under the mattress" at home and I've done so since the late 90's when a hurricane knocked out the ATM systems and electronic banking for a few days in my area.  I basically keep it to make any emergency purchases should that happen again and I can't access my funds in the bank.  If you asked me to account for where this money came from, I really couldn't.  I basically take change from cash transactions and add a little each year.




You don't understand how the IRS could check it, you have to be kidding... Just take a Million $$$$$ cash into someplace to get new money and see how fast IRS is on your doorstep...These people that have all this cash are not going to just burn it, they're going to try and get something for it, they can't even legally buy a new car with more than $10K cash without the dealer having to report it..


What would happen is the people with all the cash will have to turn it in or it will be worth nothing after a certain date, you think they're going to let Millions of $$$$$ just we worth nothing after a certain date ?? 

3 months ago  ::  Sep 12, 2021 - 10:16AM #536
prof. quiz
Posts: 10,187

You guys should Google "civil asset forfeiture."


This can't happen here you say, not in the good ol' USA. We have the US Constitution on our side. This blatant theft of our money simply can't happen here. This state sponsored thievery could only occur in places like Russia or China. 


This unlawful practice became reality in the mid 80's when goofy Raygunz implemented this legislative turd.


The bottom line is the police can seize your cash and you can't do a damn thing to stop it. Even if you are not being arrested or have not committed any crime they can and will seize it for themselves. So if you are lookig for an old muscle car to buy at the car show hide your cash well!


NM abolished this government sanctioned highway robbery about 5 years ago.


They also passed a pro-choice law earlier this year after sensing the ideological shift in the SCOTUS. No matter what the SC rules it will remain legal in NM. This is a good thing for the thousands of TX ladies who are now forced to travel west across state lines to find a clinic.


3 months ago  ::  Sep 12, 2021 - 10:20AM #537
bertram
Posts: 16,019

Refugees from Texas were already populating New Mexico when I left the state.

3 months ago  ::  Sep 12, 2021 - 10:23AM #538
SSBob
Posts: 9,116

Sep 12, 2021 -- 10:16AM, prof. quiz wrote:


You guys should Google "civil asset forfeiture."


This can't happen here you say, not in the good ol' USA. We have the US Constitution on our side. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Sadly, there are many things we thought couldn't happen in the good ol' USA.

3 months ago  ::  Sep 13, 2021 - 10:51AM #539
yankoldfan
Posts: 11,519

Sep 12, 2021 -- 10:23AM, SSBob wrote:


Sep 12, 2021 -- 10:16AM, prof. quiz wrote:


You guys should Google "civil asset forfeiture."


This can't happen here you say, not in the good ol' USA. We have the US Constitution on our side. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Sadly, there are many things we thought couldn't happen in the good ol' USA.




You hit the nail on head there Bob... The thing is, if we don't get control of the radical people in this country it will only get worse...

3 months ago  ::  Sep 14, 2021 - 5:09PM #540
NW
Posts: 3,494
YOF, another area where we can agree. Politics has become a fight of left radicals versus right radicals shouting past each other and not allowing any middle ground.
Page 54 of 63  •  Prev 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 63 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum