Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 6 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Voit
3 months ago  ::  Aug 01, 2021 - 6:48AM #51
yankoldfan
Posts: 11,472

Jul 31, 2021 -- 11:30AM, luvdayanks wrote:


Jul 31, 2021 -- 11:03AM, CHL59 wrote:


Jul 31, 2021 -- 10:23AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 31, 2021 -- 10:07AM, CHL59 wrote:


If Voit gets back one way they can get him some at bats to see what he can so is let Stanton play LF. That would open up the DH spot and give Voit some AB's to see if he can get going. That way if he does Stanton, Voit, Gallo, and Rizzo can all be in the line up at once and that, if they all are clicking at once, would be a sort of "murderer's row" . As unlikely as it seems that will happen it is a way, while Voit is still here to see if he can still hit like when he was "good" Luke Voit. Stanton doesn't look that bad in LF. Now he needs to feed off Rizzo and Gallo and that could happen.




You left Judge out.




I knew I would forget  to mention someone. It was in my head  and didn't all get in the post. Judge in Center, Stanton in Left, and Gallo in RF with Rizzo on first  and Voit DHing I mean all of them in the lineup at once would dangerous  lol.. It actually could happen just not for to many games in a row and if one of them did get hurt we have other options to replace them. Talk about versatile now. Judge Stanton Gallo Rizzo Voit Good luck facing those guys and I would bat them all in a row in the line up with DJ Leading off. 


DJ 2nd


Judge RF


Rizzo 1st


Stanton LF


Gallo RF


Voit DH


Torres SS


Urshela 3rd


Sanchez C  


Are you kidding me? Yikes!.... looks good to me.




I thought you hated Judge in the two hole?? I'd put Rizzo 2, Judge 3, Gallo 4 and Stanton 5 giving them a r,l, r,l,r the first five batters.




I might flip Judge and Rizzo and move Gallo down a couple of spots, put Torres where you have Gallo.. I still question if Stanton can play in LF for the remainder of the season without getting hurt, same goes for Judge, can he play CF all season ?? I think they both need to do some DHing to give their legs some rest...

3 months ago  ::  Aug 01, 2021 - 9:06AM #52
CHL59
Posts: 4,399

Aug 1, 2021 -- 6:48AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 31, 2021 -- 11:30AM, luvdayanks wrote:


Jul 31, 2021 -- 11:03AM, CHL59 wrote:


Jul 31, 2021 -- 10:23AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 31, 2021 -- 10:07AM, CHL59 wrote:


If Voit gets back one way they can get him some at bats to see what he can so is let Stanton play LF. That would open up the DH spot and give Voit some AB's to see if he can get going. That way if he does Stanton, Voit, Gallo, and Rizzo can all be in the line up at once and that, if they all are clicking at once, would be a sort of "murderer's row" . As unlikely as it seems that will happen it is a way, while Voit is still here to see if he can still hit like when he was "good" Luke Voit. Stanton doesn't look that bad in LF. Now he needs to feed off Rizzo and Gallo and that could happen.




You left Judge out.




I knew I would forget  to mention someone. It was in my head  and didn't all get in the post. Judge in Center, Stanton in Left, and Gallo in RF with Rizzo on first  and Voit DHing I mean all of them in the lineup at once would dangerous  lol.. It actually could happen just not for to many games in a row and if one of them did get hurt we have other options to replace them. Talk about versatile now. Judge Stanton Gallo Rizzo Voit Good luck facing those guys and I would bat them all in a row in the line up with DJ Leading off. 


DJ 2nd


Judge RF


Rizzo 1st


Stanton LF


Gallo RF


Voit DH


Torres SS


Urshela 3rd


Sanchez C  


Are you kidding me? Yikes!.... looks good to me.




I thought you hated Judge in the two hole?? I'd put Rizzo 2, Judge 3, Gallo 4 and Stanton 5 giving them a r,l, r,l,r the first five batters.




I might flip Judge and Rizzo and move Gallo down a couple of spots, put Torres where you have Gallo.. I still question if Stanton can play in LF for the remainder of the season without getting hurt, same goes for Judge, can he play CF all season ?? I think they both need to do some DHing to give their legs some rest...




So we have 6 players that are known for hitting moon shot home runs and 4 of them are all or nothing home run hitting, high strike out hitters mainly. Stanton, Voit, Gallo, and Sanchez. I will add that latley Odor has also been a homerun threat but truthfully you never know what he is going to do. He will bunt as well or send screaming line drives or worm burners for hits as well. The guy is either on a hot streak or he picked something up from another player or (gasp) Marcus. Torres DJ and Urshela are capable of going deep but not often enough to be called home run hitters. They are sneak attack, or ambush home run hitters at times.


With the lineup now so deep and improved I still would take a combination of the six and arrange them in the lineup all together. IMO out of those 6 guys one of them a game is capable of going deep every game and since Gallo and Rizzo have gotten here that has happened. If The others go deep that's a plus and Voit IMO is to good a  HR hitter to be an off the bench guy and he needs AB's to get in a groove so being as the jury is still out on him even being here, we basically for now have 5 mashers. I would like to see that with Stanton in LF more. So the question to you is Would you agree they should be all together in the lineup including when Voit plays if he does? The addition of Gallo and Rizzo this team has just become exciting to watch again!! If you were the opposing pitcher would you want to face those siz in a row? Your stress level pitches would have you out of the game in the 4th inning. lol..

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
3 months ago  ::  Aug 01, 2021 - 6:31PM #53
yankoldfan
Posts: 11,472

Aug 1, 2021 -- 9:06AM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 1, 2021 -- 6:48AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 31, 2021 -- 11:30AM, luvdayanks wrote:


Jul 31, 2021 -- 11:03AM, CHL59 wrote:


Jul 31, 2021 -- 10:23AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 31, 2021 -- 10:07AM, CHL59 wrote:


If Voit gets back one way they can get him some at bats to see what he can so is let Stanton play LF. That would open up the DH spot and give Voit some AB's to see if he can get going. That way if he does Stanton, Voit, Gallo, and Rizzo can all be in the line up at once and that, if they all are clicking at once, would be a sort of "murderer's row" . As unlikely as it seems that will happen it is a way, while Voit is still here to see if he can still hit like when he was "good" Luke Voit. Stanton doesn't look that bad in LF. Now he needs to feed off Rizzo and Gallo and that could happen.




You left Judge out.




I knew I would forget  to mention someone. It was in my head  and didn't all get in the post. Judge in Center, Stanton in Left, and Gallo in RF with Rizzo on first  and Voit DHing I mean all of them in the lineup at once would dangerous  lol.. It actually could happen just not for to many games in a row and if one of them did get hurt we have other options to replace them. Talk about versatile now. Judge Stanton Gallo Rizzo Voit Good luck facing those guys and I would bat them all in a row in the line up with DJ Leading off. 


DJ 2nd


Judge RF


Rizzo 1st


Stanton LF


Gallo RF


Voit DH


Torres SS


Urshela 3rd


Sanchez C  


Are you kidding me? Yikes!.... looks good to me.




I thought you hated Judge in the two hole?? I'd put Rizzo 2, Judge 3, Gallo 4 and Stanton 5 giving them a r,l, r,l,r the first five batters.




I might flip Judge and Rizzo and move Gallo down a couple of spots, put Torres where you have Gallo.. I still question if Stanton can play in LF for the remainder of the season without getting hurt, same goes for Judge, can he play CF all season ?? I think they both need to do some DHing to give their legs some rest...




So we have 6 players that are known for hitting moon shot home runs and 4 of them are all or nothing home run hitting, high strike out hitters mainly. Stanton, Voit, Gallo, and Sanchez. I will add that latley Odor has also been a homerun threat but truthfully you never know what he is going to do. He will bunt as well or send screaming line drives or worm burners for hits as well. The guy is either on a hot streak or he picked something up from another player or (gasp) Marcus. Torres DJ and Urshela are capable of going deep but not often enough to be called home run hitters. They are sneak attack, or ambush home run hitters at times.


With the lineup now so deep and improved I still would take a combination of the six and arrange them in the lineup all together. IMO out of those 6 guys one of them a game is capable of going deep every game and since Gallo and Rizzo have gotten here that has happened. If The others go deep that's a plus and Voit IMO is to good a  HR hitter to be an off the bench guy and he needs AB's to get in a groove so being as the jury is still out on him even being here, we basically for now have 5 mashers. I would like to see that with Stanton in LF more. So the question to you is Would you agree they should be all together in the lineup including when Voit plays if he does? The addition of Gallo and Rizzo this team has just become exciting to watch again!! If you were the opposing pitcher would you want to face those siz in a row? Your stress level pitches would have you out of the game in the 4th inning. lol..




You go to war with the army you have... We do have a bunch of big boppers, again we could say we are indeed the Yankee Bombers, but one thing I like about the trade deadline moves, we added some defensive help and we also added a couple of BP arms that will help down the stretch... The trades also gave us a very good L-R hitting lineup, so we're not so right handed anymore...


Like I said, if we can get healthy, lookout... Didn't like to hear German is going to the IL with a shoulder problem, I hope it's nothing big, but anytime a pitcher has shoulder or elbow problems it could be serious... The good is they said Sevy and Kluber should be pitching by the end of Aug, with Sevy being a little ahead of Kluber... Pitching and Defense are going to carry any team to the promise land...


I think there's a lot of fun baseball to be played yet this year... GO YANKEES...

3 months ago  ::  Aug 03, 2021 - 9:38AM #54
CHL59
Posts: 4,399

 YOF...Any word on when Luke will be back? I am sure they are in no rush now that Rizzo is here but I would like to see him in the lineup as the DH with Stanton in LF. They could play hi when Rizzo gets his day off and rotate Staton to DH. The options now are many with the outfield and the indfield if only these guys would start to hit!!!! I don't get a team wide slump as many times as this team gets them. Guys that are home run hitters should be able to just cut down their swigs when they need to but they never do, ever, any of them. Also at no time has Staton and Sanchez looked so bad atthe plate as they do now, and what the hell is with Gary taking all these pitches lately and Stanton also? SAtanding there like statues with that awful pitcher last night throwing meatballs down the middle and they looked at all of them! Horrible. I just don't get 3 hits last night and 1 run. How?

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
3 months ago  ::  Aug 03, 2021 - 9:57AM #55
bumper
Posts: 10,490

voit begins his rehab rehab assignment today in scranton, probably for a few games. odd man out for now, but who knows, maybe he comes back w a renewed purpose. the good news w stanton playing some OF, voit will hopefully get some games DH'ing. maybe he spells rizzo on one of his "rest" days (though riz hits lefties pretty well). in any case, he'll certainly lengthen the lineup and provide more depth.

3 months ago  ::  Aug 03, 2021 - 10:28AM #56
CHL59
Posts: 4,399

 Bumper, I agree when Luke gets back here, whenever that may be, he will lengthen the lineup and with the way we can move the pieces now getting Luke back and hopefully Urshela say by the middle of this month we can make a push for the W/C for sure. We won't need to play Wade at all and Gardner either and those two not in the line up will help. Allen may be able to take Wades pinch running spot and some of his AB's by that rotating DH spot and use Allen the way Gardner had been used. I mean this team is more flexible now with position switching, and fill in specialists than ever.


They just all have to hit and as silly as it sounds, the fact we don't give any one hitter a chance to get on a roll may be the very reason our flexibility is hurting us. It's crazy and tough to decide which way to go. Play the best 9 and stay with them, or play musical positions and lineups?? To much of a good thing or not enough consistency. Or not enough consistency, because of the flexibility?

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
3 months ago  ::  Aug 03, 2021 - 10:47AM #57
yankoldfan
Posts: 11,472

If they keep running Stanton out in RF that will give Voit some at bats as the DH, but I wouldn't look for Stanton to keep running out there, in my way of thinking they should have Adams playing some OF, the kid needs to play or send him down to AAA so he can play every day...

3 months ago  ::  Aug 03, 2021 - 10:52AM #58
bumper
Posts: 10,490

Aug 3, 2021 -- 10:47AM, yankoldfan wrote:


If they keep running Stanton out in RF that will give Voit some at bats as the DH, but I wouldn't look for Stanton to keep running out there, in my way of thinking they should have Adams playing some OF, the kid needs to play or send him down to AAA so he can play every day...




it should be interesting who they send down when voit comes back probably this weekend. gonna come down to wade or allen. sorry to say, it could be allen because wade (as terrible as he is) provides IF as well as OF versatility. cross that bridge when we get there ...

3 months ago  ::  Aug 03, 2021 - 10:56AM #59
yankoldfan
Posts: 11,472

Aug 3, 2021 -- 10:52AM, bumper wrote:


Aug 3, 2021 -- 10:47AM, yankoldfan wrote:


If they keep running Stanton out in RF that will give Voit some at bats as the DH, but I wouldn't look for Stanton to keep running out there, in my way of thinking they should have Adams playing some OF, the kid needs to play or send him down to AAA so he can play every day...




it should be interesting who they send down when voit comes back probably this weekend. gonna come down to wade or allen. sorry to say, it could be allen because wade (as terrible as he is) provides IF as well as OF versatility. cross that bridge when we get there ...




The Rizzo trade almost made Voit the odd man out... I'm betting the Yankees thought they could trade him and found out there were no takers ?? I think I read on here that he has one or two options left so they could stash him in AAA until someone get hurt, I think it's just a matter of time before Stanton pulls something playing the OF, and Voit could move up for the DH role...

3 months ago  ::  Aug 03, 2021 - 11:46AM #60
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,627

Aug 3, 2021 -- 10:56AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Aug 3, 2021 -- 10:52AM, bumper wrote:


Aug 3, 2021 -- 10:47AM, yankoldfan wrote:


If they keep running Stanton out in RF that will give Voit some at bats as the DH, but I wouldn't look for Stanton to keep running out there, in my way of thinking they should have Adams playing some OF, the kid needs to play or send him down to AAA so he can play every day...




it should be interesting who they send down when voit comes back probably this weekend. gonna come down to wade or allen. sorry to say, it could be allen because wade (as terrible as he is) provides IF as well as OF versatility. cross that bridge when we get there ...




The Rizzo trade almost made Voit the odd man out... I'm betting the Yankees thought they could trade him and found out there were no takers ?? I think I read on here that he has one or two options left so they could stash him in AAA until someone get hurt, I think it's just a matter of time before Stanton pulls something playing the OF, and Voit could move up for the DH role...




They aren't going to stash Voit in AAA ... right now Urshela is on the IL ... but the odd man out after that will probably be Allen going back to AAA

Page 6 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum