Network Forums Yankees Well, What do you think? Good enough?
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Well, What do you think? Good enough?
2 months ago  ::  Jul 31, 2021 - 10:52AM #31
bruner4329
Posts: 4,235

You watch last night's game you already see the benefits of a more balanced lineup. Boone was able to alternate righty and lefty bats so when they brought in a relief pitcher they were not facing batters that hit all from the same side. Yes I know we only scored 3 runs but the at bats were more competitive. Going forward I would tweak the lineup just a bit. IMO I would go as follows:


DJ, Rizzo, Judge, Gallo, Sanchez, Stanton, Gio, Torres, Gardner/Allen.


I think Rizzo would be an ideal 2 hiiter behind DJ.



2 months ago  ::  Jul 31, 2021 - 11:08AM #32
Rob
Posts: 1,817

Jul 31, 2021 -- 10:52AM, bruner4329 wrote:


You watch last night's game you already see the benefits of a more balanced lineup. Boone was able to alternate righty and lefty bats so when they brought in a relief pitcher they were not facing batters that hit all from the same side. Yes I know we only scored 3 runs but the at bats were more competitive. Going forward I would tweak the lineup just a bit. IMO I would go as follows:


DJ, Rizzo, Judge, Gallo, Sanchez, Stanton, Gio, Torres, Gardner/Allen.


I think Rizzo would be an ideal 2 hiiter behind DJ.






Frankly, I'd push Stanton even further down and sit Gardner.

2 months ago  ::  Jul 31, 2021 - 2:55PM #33
Max
Posts: 8,257

Jul 30, 2021 -- 4:48PM, qwik3457 wrote:


Rizzo, Gallo and Heaney. For 8 low-A, A-ball, and AA prospects, most of whom had to be protected in the Rule 5 draft after this year anyway or lost for nothing. And Hal gets to stay under his precious luxury tax payroll cap, as all three players came with the money to pay them.


Is it enough?


I think it's enough to contend, and maybe steal, the Wild Card, but not enough to seriously contend.


White Sox made big pickups, and get Eloy Jimenez back.  Sox and Rays make solid pickups and are well ahead.


And of course, the Dodgers, on paper at least, now look unbeatable.


OK. I've been all over the board the last week or so. It's time for me to peep down. I'll respond, but I won't initiate any more.




This forum is a better place when you are posting. I can't complain about the trades that the Yankees made if they fine tune their roster during the off season. Would like the Yankees to re-sign Rizzo, even if that means keeping Torres as their shortstop. Would also like to see the Yankees upgrade their third string starter behind Cole and Severino. 


As for the 2021 season, it goes without saying that the Yankees helped their chances on winning the 2nd wildcard.

2 months ago  ::  Jul 31, 2021 - 4:12PM #34
jimwest
Posts: 4,669

Jul 31, 2021 -- 11:08AM, Rob wrote:


Jul 31, 2021 -- 10:52AM, bruner4329 wrote:


You watch last night's game you already see the benefits of a more balanced lineup. Boone was able to alternate righty and lefty bats so when they brought in a relief pitcher they were not facing batters that hit all from the same side. Yes I know we only scored 3 runs but the at bats were more competitive. Going forward I would tweak the lineup just a bit. IMO I would go as follows:


DJ, Rizzo, Judge, Gallo, Sanchez, Stanton, Gio, Torres, Gardner/Allen.


I think Rizzo would be an ideal 2 hiiter behind DJ.




Frankly, I'd push Stanton even further down and sit Gardner.




I'd concur, based on how terrible he is looking these days, and I consider Gio a better hitter, and more clutch now.


But in Stanton's career, he has his best slash batting 6th. I believe after this series, he should get a couple of days off. If he plays the field this entire series, that may happen, to try and avoid any wear-and tear, and injury.

2 months ago  ::  Jul 31, 2021 - 4:14PM #35
jimwest
Posts: 4,669

Jul 31, 2021 -- 10:52AM, bruner4329 wrote:


You watch last night's game you already see the benefits of a more balanced lineup. Boone was able to alternate righty and lefty bats so when they brought in a relief pitcher they were not facing batters that hit all from the same side. Yes I know we only scored 3 runs but the at bats were more competitive. Going forward I would tweak the lineup just a bit. IMO I would go as follows:


DJ, Rizzo, Judge, Gallo, Sanchez, Stanton, Gio, Torres, Gardner/Allen.


I think Rizzo would be an ideal 2 hiiter behind DJ.




Excellent lineup. Rizzo is a contact hitter, so he should bat 2nd. For Judge, 3rd is where he should be, Gallo cleanup, with Stanton dropped to 6th, which is where he has his best overall stats in his career.

2 months ago  ::  Jul 31, 2021 - 9:57PM #36
JudgeandYankees
Posts: 370

Jul 31, 2021 -- 7:35AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 31, 2021 -- 12:19AM, JudgeandYankees wrote:


I'll give this team a couple series to see if they remain lifeless or show signs of life.  First game against the Marlins they looked lifeless but still got the win.  Let's see if they can finally get this lineup cooking.




Again missing a couple of big cogs in the machine, Gio and DJL, wait until everyone gets healthy, hopefully they can, and this team will look a lot different... Wait until Sevy gets going, if he does, hopefully, Kluber can pitch some, maybe both him and Sevy will work some out of the pen ?? Neither will be built up to more than 3-5 innings at the most... this team has a lot of potential, and they could be putting it all together at the right time ??




We don't have time to wait until everyone is healthy to start performing as they should.  They need to win every series and every game where they have a late inning lead.  No more hiccups, it's pretty much do or die the rest of the season.

2 months ago  ::  Aug 01, 2021 - 6:42AM #37
yankoldfan
Posts: 11,375

Jul 31, 2021 -- 9:57PM, JudgeandYankees wrote:


Jul 31, 2021 -- 7:35AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 31, 2021 -- 12:19AM, JudgeandYankees wrote:


I'll give this team a couple series to see if they remain lifeless or show signs of life.  First game against the Marlins they looked lifeless but still got the win.  Let's see if they can finally get this lineup cooking.




Again missing a couple of big cogs in the machine, Gio and DJL, wait until everyone gets healthy, hopefully they can, and this team will look a lot different... Wait until Sevy gets going, if he does, hopefully, Kluber can pitch some, maybe both him and Sevy will work some out of the pen ?? Neither will be built up to more than 3-5 innings at the most... this team has a lot of potential, and they could be putting it all together at the right time ??




We don't have time to wait until everyone is healthy to start performing as they should.  They need to win every series and every game where they have a late inning lead.  No more hiccups, it's pretty much do or die the rest of the season.


I'm sure Yankee management and the fans know it's getting late early, like Yogi used to say, yes we need to win, and with the additions we got at the deadline looks like it has helped.. I think the way this team is right now, with the additions of two left handed bats we are a lot better off than we were before... Our pitching has been great, we seem to be getting our BP back or close to where it was earlier, if so we can win a lot of games down the stretch...

Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Well, What do you think? Good enough?
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum