Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Fun Joey Gallo Fact
3 months ago  ::  Aug 06, 2021 - 5:23PM #1
CHL59
Posts: 4,399

At 17 years old Joey Gallo pitched a no hitter in High School. That night he took Greg Maddox's daughter, Paige, to Prom. It gets better. One of Gallo's earliest strike outs was by Greg Maddox!!


That fun Fact brought to you by MLB Network's AM show courtesy of Lauren Shihadi. Maybe that's where he learned to do the "dance" MO. lmao!!

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
3 months ago  ::  Aug 06, 2021 - 5:27PM #2
SSBob
Posts: 8,912

Yeah...Michael Kay has told that story on air at least twice.


3 months ago  ::  Aug 06, 2021 - 5:41PM #3
CHL59
Posts: 4,399

Yet another Fun Fact on Joey Gallo.


Gallo reached 100 home runs faster in his career than he hit 100 singles! How many players have done that? They say Shoi Ohtani has done that also.


ANother fun fact.


Gallo equally, has struck out, or walked or hit a home run. 53% of the time one of those things will happen.


Those facts courtesy of Mark Derosa MLB Network. Thought that was interesting enough to share.


After Yesterday maybe he is working on doubles next.

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
3 months ago  ::  Aug 06, 2021 - 5:41PM #4
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,626

First time I've heard this CHL ... thanks for posting it.

3 months ago  ::  Aug 06, 2021 - 6:54PM #5
laurenfrances
Posts: 44,556

Aug 6, 2021 -- 5:27PM, SSBob wrote:


Yeah...Michael Kay has told that story on air at least twice.





Yes Kay mentioned it a few times....

3 months ago  ::  Aug 06, 2021 - 6:56PM #6
SSBob
Posts: 8,912

Aug 6, 2021 -- 6:54PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Aug 6, 2021 -- 5:27PM, SSBob wrote:


Yeah...Michael Kay has told that story on air at least twice.




Yes Kay mentioned it a few times....




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Maybe "someone" was distracted by the DP that never happened in the 9th.

3 months ago  ::  Aug 06, 2021 - 7:00PM #7
CHL59
Posts: 4,399

I didn't hear that from him... that was for those who also didn't hear it. Kay, who listens to most of that guys babble anyway when it is not about the game I don't hear anything he says mostly. He has no idea most times where the ball is hit lately and makes mistake after mistake on balls hit to the outfield. That is because he is texting while announcing to social media he is on, or stuffing his face. The camera has caught him numerous times texting. He does it on his show also and loses his place at times...so listening to him is really not important to me.

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
3 months ago  ::  Aug 06, 2021 - 7:11PM #8
Lola
Posts: 28,627

Aug 6, 2021 -- 7:00PM, CHL59 wrote:


I didn't hear that from him... that was for those who also didn't hear it. Kay, who listens to most of that guys babble anyway when it is not about the game I don't hear anything he says mostly. He has no idea most times where the ball is hit lately and makes mistake after mistake on balls hit to the outfield. That is because he is texting while announcing to social media he is on, or stuffing his face. The camera has caught him numerous times texting. He does it on his show also and loses his place at times...so listening to him is really not important to me.




Oh my gawd.... I just can't anymore!


3 months ago  ::  Aug 06, 2021 - 7:28PM #9
SSBob
Posts: 8,912

Aug 6, 2021 -- 7:00PM, CHL59 wrote:


He does it on his show also and loses his place at times...so listening to him is really not important to me.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So...why do you listen to his show?

3 months ago  ::  Aug 06, 2021 - 7:30PM #10
El Guapo
Posts: 260
Fun El Guapo fact.  El Guapo had a tough childhood.   His father used to make him eat cornflakes with a fork each morning so the milk could be reused!
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum