Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Severino setback - who's at fault?
4 months ago  ::  Aug 14, 2021 - 12:28AM #1
vdfebduderocks
Posts: 697

Another setback for Severino as he didn't make his scheduled start in AAA because he didn't feel right.



It's borderline inexcusable now. Who's to blame?



Yankees medical staff?


Severino?


Science - maybe his arm is truly messed up?




4 months ago  ::  Aug 14, 2021 - 10:09AM #2
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,637

Why does anyone have to be blamed?

4 months ago  ::  Aug 14, 2021 - 10:14AM #3
vdfebduderocks
Posts: 697

Aug 14, 2021 -- 10:09AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Why does anyone have to be blamed?




because he'll be out nearly 2 years now and at continuous times has had setbacks as he was completing his rehab. First one was preventable (groin), but this one is baffling.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 14, 2021 - 10:50AM #4
luvdayanks
Posts: 30,735

Aug 14, 2021 -- 10:14AM, vdfebduderocks wrote:


Aug 14, 2021 -- 10:09AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Why does anyone have to be blamed?




because he'll be out nearly 2 years now and at continuous times has had setbacks as he was completing his rehab. First one was preventable (groin), but this one is baffling.




It might be baffling, but why are you looking to put blame on someone? Sometimes it's just the individual who causes it and also has setbacks or doesn't rehab according to plan.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 14, 2021 - 11:01AM #5
bumper
Posts: 10,545

why does there have to be someone to blame. we'll know more about the situation shortly. hopefully it's nothing more than a minor setback after throwing 4 innings (perfect) on sunday. maybe he justs feels a little soreness and is set back a start or so.


there are strict protocols in place as a player is rehabbing. sometimes (and i'm not saying in this case), the player is own worst enemy as he pushes himself hard to get back as soon as possible. we'll never know and if it makes you feel better to "blame" someone, have at it ...

4 months ago  ::  Aug 14, 2021 - 11:56AM #6
vdfebduderocks
Posts: 697

Aug 14, 2021 -- 11:01AM, bumper wrote:


why does there have to be someone to blame. we'll know more about the situation shortly. hopefully it's nothing more than a minor setback after throwing 4 innings (perfect) on sunday. maybe he justs feels a little soreness and is set back a start or so.


there are strict protocols in place as a player is rehabbing. sometimes (and i'm not saying in this case), the player is own worst enemy as he pushes himself hard to get back as soon as possible. we'll never know and if it makes you feel better to "blame" someone, have at it ...




if this is true, Severino is to blame. He's been out nearly 2 full seasons and really most of 3 seasons now. It's not excusable anymore.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 14, 2021 - 12:34PM #7
luvdayanks
Posts: 30,735

Aug 14, 2021 -- 11:56AM, vdfebduderocks wrote:


Aug 14, 2021 -- 11:01AM, bumper wrote:


why does there have to be someone to blame. we'll know more about the situation shortly. hopefully it's nothing more than a minor setback after throwing 4 innings (perfect) on sunday. maybe he justs feels a little soreness and is set back a start or so.


there are strict protocols in place as a player is rehabbing. sometimes (and i'm not saying in this case), the player is own worst enemy as he pushes himself hard to get back as soon as possible. we'll never know and if it makes you feel better to "blame" someone, have at it ...




if this is true, Severino is to blame. He's been out nearly 2 full seasons and really most of 3 seasons now. It's not excusable anymore.




Obviously you have no concept on injuries and how various people heal differently. Once again, no need to place blame.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 14, 2021 - 12:37PM #8
vdfebduderocks
Posts: 697

Aug 14, 2021 -- 12:34PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 14, 2021 -- 11:56AM, vdfebduderocks wrote:


Aug 14, 2021 -- 11:01AM, bumper wrote:


why does there have to be someone to blame. we'll know more about the situation shortly. hopefully it's nothing more than a minor setback after throwing 4 innings (perfect) on sunday. maybe he justs feels a little soreness and is set back a start or so.


there are strict protocols in place as a player is rehabbing. sometimes (and i'm not saying in this case), the player is own worst enemy as he pushes himself hard to get back as soon as possible. we'll never know and if it makes you feel better to "blame" someone, have at it ...




if this is true, Severino is to blame. He's been out nearly 2 full seasons and really most of 3 seasons now. It's not excusable anymore.




Obviously you have no concept on injuries and how various people heal differently. Once again, no need to place blame.




maybe his arm is irreparably damaged and he can't pitch anymore. Seems to happen to pitchers on the Yankees. Maybe his motion created permanent damage to his arm. Such a tragedy. 

4 months ago  ::  Aug 14, 2021 - 6:36PM #9
manbot
Posts: 1,469

Aug 14, 2021 -- 11:56AM, vdfebduderocks wrote:


Aug 14, 2021 -- 11:01AM, bumper wrote:


why does there have to be someone to blame. we'll know more about the situation shortly. hopefully it's nothing more than a minor setback after throwing 4 innings (perfect) on sunday. maybe he justs feels a little soreness and is set back a start or so.


there are strict protocols in place as a player is rehabbing. sometimes (and i'm not saying in this case), the player is own worst enemy as he pushes himself hard to get back as soon as possible. we'll never know and if it makes you feel better to "blame" someone, have at it ...




if this is true, Severino is to blame. He's been out nearly 2 full seasons and really most of 3 seasons now. It's not excusable anymore.




I say we bench him !!!

4 months ago  ::  Aug 14, 2021 - 11:28PM #10
JudgeandYankees
Posts: 476

Aug 14, 2021 -- 12:28AM, vdfebduderocks wrote:


Another setback for Severino as he didn't make his scheduled start in AAA because he didn't feel right.



It's borderline inexcusable now. Who's to blame?



Yankees medical staff?


Severino?


Science - maybe his arm is truly messed up?







I think it'll be a miracle if Severino is ever himself again, when he had the first set back towards the beinning of the season I just had a feeling it'll be a rollercoaster with him.  

Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum