Network Forums Yankees I think it was about 3 short weeks ago
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 3 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
I think it was about 3 short weeks ago
4 months ago  ::  Aug 22, 2021 - 9:37AM #21
1955nyyfan
Posts: 2,921

Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:16PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:12PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:05PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Well a lot of people quit and said this team was boring a long time ago.




Well it was boring at the time, but what a turnaround. Contributions across the board. 




Well I guess I just can't understand that ... didn't when you all first said it and still don't get it ... watching a Yankees game is never boring to me ... geez, I must be a pretty boring person ... LOL




Mo, we're all different. When I was younger I could watch a 9 inning game without a problem. Now, even when the Yankees are playing well I rarely watch all 9 innings. If I'm around for the beginning, I'll probably watch 3 innings, get a feel for the game and then do some other things, usually outside. I'll come back in to watch the last couple innings. When the offense was going so bad, few runs, a lot of Ks, poor fundamentals, they were boring and I did watch less. Didn't stop rooting for them, most always watched postgame for recap and highlights. 

4 months ago  ::  Aug 22, 2021 - 9:51AM #22
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,638

Aug 22, 2021 -- 9:37AM, 1955nyyfan wrote:


Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:16PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:12PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:05PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Well a lot of people quit and said this team was boring a long time ago.




Well it was boring at the time, but what a turnaround. Contributions across the board. 




Well I guess I just can't understand that ... didn't when you all first said it and still don't get it ... watching a Yankees game is never boring to me ... geez, I must be a pretty boring person ... LOL




Mo, we're all different. When I was younger I could watch a 9 inning game without a problem. Now, even when the Yankees are playing well I rarely watch all 9 innings. If I'm around for the beginning, I'll probably watch 3 innings, get a feel for the game and then do some other things, usually outside. I'll come back in to watch the last couple innings. When the offense was going so bad, few runs, a lot of Ks, poor fundamentals, they were boring and I did watch less. Didn't stop rooting for them, most always watched postgame for recap and highlights. 




Well, all in all, I'm just happy to be able to enjoy the season with a great bunch of Yankee fans that I have found on this board ... you and most of the posters around are great fans and fun to go through the season with.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 22, 2021 - 9:58AM #23
1955nyyfan
Posts: 2,921

Aug 22, 2021 -- 9:51AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Aug 22, 2021 -- 9:37AM, 1955nyyfan wrote:


Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:16PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:12PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:05PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Well a lot of people quit and said this team was boring a long time ago.




Well it was boring at the time, but what a turnaround. Contributions across the board. 




Well I guess I just can't understand that ... didn't when you all first said it and still don't get it ... watching a Yankees game is never boring to me ... geez, I must be a pretty boring person ... LOL




Mo, we're all different. When I was younger I could watch a 9 inning game without a problem. Now, even when the Yankees are playing well I rarely watch all 9 innings. If I'm around for the beginning, I'll probably watch 3 innings, get a feel for the game and then do some other things, usually outside. I'll come back in to watch the last couple innings. When the offense was going so bad, few runs, a lot of Ks, poor fundamentals, they were boring and I did watch less. Didn't stop rooting for them, most always watched postgame for recap and highlights. 




Well, all in all, I'm just happy to be able to enjoy the season with a great bunch of Yankee fans that I have found on this board ... you and most of the posters around are great fans and fun to go through the season with.




Thanks Mo, when is weather expected to hit. Hope you are safe and surrounded bt family. 

4 months ago  ::  Aug 22, 2021 - 10:11AM #24
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,638

Aug 22, 2021 -- 9:58AM, 1955nyyfan wrote:


Aug 22, 2021 -- 9:51AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Aug 22, 2021 -- 9:37AM, 1955nyyfan wrote:


Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:16PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:12PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:05PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Well a lot of people quit and said this team was boring a long time ago.




Well it was boring at the time, but what a turnaround. Contributions across the board. 




Well I guess I just can't understand that ... didn't when you all first said it and still don't get it ... watching a Yankees game is never boring to me ... geez, I must be a pretty boring person ... LOL




Mo, we're all different. When I was younger I could watch a 9 inning game without a problem. Now, even when the Yankees are playing well I rarely watch all 9 innings. If I'm around for the beginning, I'll probably watch 3 innings, get a feel for the game and then do some other things, usually outside. I'll come back in to watch the last couple innings. When the offense was going so bad, few runs, a lot of Ks, poor fundamentals, they were boring and I did watch less. Didn't stop rooting for them, most always watched postgame for recap and highlights. 




Well, all in all, I'm just happy to be able to enjoy the season with a great bunch of Yankee fans that I have found on this board ... you and most of the posters around are great fans and fun to go through the season with.




Thanks Mo, when is weather expected to hit. Hope you are safe and surrounded bt family. 




Weather came through last night ... not bad right now ... just rain.  Thanks for thinking of us.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 22, 2021 - 10:22AM #25
bumper
Posts: 10,547

this thread is gonna drive the pom pom haters crazy. can say for myself, might have wobbled just for a minute but never wavered. it is a marathon.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 22, 2021 - 10:47AM #26
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,638

Aug 22, 2021 -- 10:22AM, bumper wrote:


this thread is gonna drive the pom pom haters crazy. can say for myself, might have wobbled just for a minute but never wavered. it is a marathon.




Cheerleader Smiley | ID#: 1672 | Animoticons.com

4 months ago  ::  Aug 22, 2021 - 11:04AM #27
luvdayanks
Posts: 30,736

Aug 22, 2021 -- 8:43AM, Lola wrote:


Aug 22, 2021 -- 8:28AM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 22, 2021 -- 7:18AM, Lola wrote:


Aug 21, 2021 -- 5:59PM, newinn wrote:

that this had the potential to be  the storybook season I as a sports fan live for. We haven't won anything yet but with all the adversity this team has fought like hell. Been saying it here for 15 years every May, baseball is a long, long season and that's so much a part of it's beauty. No quit by the team and there should be no quit by it's fans



Amazing how some of the so called experts can't seem to grasp it's a long season, with a lot of ups and downs.


Some of the things they've said about this team and it's manager, gm and owners is shameful.. And now they want to jump back on!







Marathon, sprint.  Marathon, sprint. Hello people. We've all been frustrated early on with their play, myself included, but I find it hard to believe how many "fans" jumped ship, wanted  players DFA, Boone and Cashman fired, Hal to sell the team and basically gave up on the team. We all felt it was near impossible to make the playoffs just 4 or 5 weeks ago but some of the posts by certain people were outrageous. Being frustrated and irate are one thing, giving up with outlandish statements is another. Marathon, sprint. Take your pick.





I still believe they could win the division... just need Tampa to lose a few games. September could be very exciting... we'll see what happens.




It might come down to the last series of the year against Tampa at the stadium.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 22, 2021 - 12:26PM #28
1955nyyfan
Posts: 2,921

Aug 22, 2021 -- 11:04AM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 22, 2021 -- 8:43AM, Lola wrote:


Aug 22, 2021 -- 8:28AM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 22, 2021 -- 7:18AM, Lola wrote:


Aug 21, 2021 -- 5:59PM, newinn wrote:

that this had the potential to be  the storybook season I as a sports fan live for. We haven't won anything yet but with all the adversity this team has fought like hell. Been saying it here for 15 years every May, baseball is a long, long season and that's so much a part of it's beauty. No quit by the team and there should be no quit by it's fans



Amazing how some of the so called experts can't seem to grasp it's a long season, with a lot of ups and downs.


Some of the things they've said about this team and it's manager, gm and owners is shameful.. And now they want to jump back on!







Marathon, sprint.  Marathon, sprint. Hello people. We've all been frustrated early on with their play, myself included, but I find it hard to believe how many "fans" jumped ship, wanted  players DFA, Boone and Cashman fired, Hal to sell the team and basically gave up on the team. We all felt it was near impossible to make the playoffs just 4 or 5 weeks ago but some of the posts by certain people were outrageous. Being frustrated and irate are one thing, giving up with outlandish statements is another. Marathon, sprint. Take your pick.





I still believe they could win the division... just need Tampa to lose a few games. September could be very exciting... we'll see what happens.




It might come down to the last series of the year against Tampa at the stadium.




I think even the most diehard Yankee fan did not see such a dramatic turnaround coming. I mean the team was devastated with injuries, our healthy regulars were playing poorly, we were a bad defensive club that couldn't score runs, couldn't run the bases, and couldn't beat the better teams in our division. I have been critical of Cashman for the past couple of years, and honestly, I still wonder if he's the right guy for the Team right now, but he had a pretty good TDL. Rizzo and Gallo balance and lenghten the lineup and he picked up a couple decent BP pieces. Some unheralded players like Velazquez and Wade have been big contributors. It's been fun to watch and should make for a very enjoyable next couple of months. 

4 months ago  ::  Aug 22, 2021 - 1:23PM #29
jimwest
Posts: 4,783

Aug 22, 2021 -- 11:04AM, luvdayanks wrote:




I still believe they could win the division... just need Tampa to lose a few games. September could be very exciting... we'll see what happens.



It might come down to the last series of the year against Tampa at the stadium.




I hope the Yankee keep playing well and overtake them before then. The Rays cannot play the Orioles forever, although they owe a big "thanks" to the MLB schedulers. They have 10 games with Baltimore in August.


If the Yankees are 1, 2, or 3 games behind Tampa when they play that last series, then the Yankees must sweep the 3 games to win the AL East. The Rays now hold a 9-7 series edge this year, and that will be the tiebreaker if they end up in a tie. The Yanks need to win those last 3 games to gain the tiebreaker, so it will be much better if they can pass the Rays by then. 




4 months ago  ::  Aug 22, 2021 - 1:35PM #30
Lola
Posts: 28,633

Aug 22, 2021 -- 10:22AM, bumper wrote:


this thread is gonna drive the pom pom haters crazy. can say for myself, might have wobbled just for a minute but never wavered. it is a marathon.





And you never fell off a cliff... or pushed anyone!Laughing

Page 3 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees I think it was about 3 short weeks ago
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum