Network Forums Yankees I think it was about 3 short weeks ago
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
I think it was about 3 short weeks ago
4 months ago  ::  Aug 21, 2021 - 5:59PM #1
newinn
Posts: 38,002
that this had the potential to be  the storybook season I as a sports fan live for. We haven't won anything yet but with all the adversity this team has fought like hell. Been saying it here for 15 years every May, baseball is a long, long season and that's so much a part of it's beauty. No quit by the team and there should be no quit by it's fans
4 months ago  ::  Aug 21, 2021 - 6:05PM #2
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,638

Well a lot of people quit and said this team was boring a long time ago.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 21, 2021 - 6:10PM #3
1955nyyfan
Posts: 2,927
I was one of them and have to admit I was wrong.
4 months ago  ::  Aug 21, 2021 - 6:12PM #4
luvdayanks
Posts: 30,743

Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:05PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Well a lot of people quit and said this team was boring a long time ago.




Well it was boring at the time, but what a turnaround. Contributions across the board. 

4 months ago  ::  Aug 21, 2021 - 6:16PM #5
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,638

Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:12PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:05PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Well a lot of people quit and said this team was boring a long time ago.




Well it was boring at the time, but what a turnaround. Contributions across the board. 




Well I guess I just can't understand that ... didn't when you all first said it and still don't get it ... watching a Yankees game is never boring to me ... geez, I must be a pretty boring person ... LOL

4 months ago  ::  Aug 21, 2021 - 6:18PM #6
luvdayanks
Posts: 30,743

Aug 21, 2021 -- 5:59PM, newinn wrote:

that this had the potential to be  the storybook season I as a sports fan live for. We haven't won anything yet but with all the adversity this team has fought like hell. Been saying it here for 15 years every May, baseball is a long, long season and that's so much a part of it's beauty. No quit by the team and there should be no quit by it's fans




What makes this run so amazing, is they did it with half the team on the IL and Covid IL. Boone deserves a lot of credit for piecing this together. 

4 months ago  ::  Aug 21, 2021 - 6:34PM #7
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,638

Aug 21, 2021 -- 6:10PM, 1955nyyfan wrote:

I was one of them and have to admit I was wrong.



Well, that's big of you ... really ... it is.


I guess the lesson that can be learned from this season so far is never to give up on your team ... especially if your team is the New York Yankees ... until it is mathematically impossible for them to make it to the post-season.  The players have to play 162 games ... and they are not giving up.


I have to admit that for one day I did think it was over ... but I woke up the next day ... I also have to admit that I blamed Boone and Cashman a lot ... and those same people are accomplishing what we are doing now ... so I had my own negative thoughts and comments that I threw out ... I guess it has just been a difficult season and we all handled it in different ways.  It's far from over ... have a lot of faith right now ... hope it stays that way.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 21, 2021 - 7:13PM #8
cookback444
Posts: 1,465

It just goes to prove that Boone, Cashman and Steinbrenner know MORE than any of us... they know the players, the prospects and the ability to pick up the right pieces at the right time. 


I wonder where all the "fire Cashman", "fire Boone" advocates are now...



It's a LONG season...and despite ALL the injuries, illnesses and missteps, the Yankees continue to keep their eyes on the prize...


Time for the fans to believe again !

Life is better when the Yankees win !
4 months ago  ::  Aug 21, 2021 - 7:42PM #9
newinn
Posts: 38,002

we all get frustrated, we all get angry and we all lose sight of the season at times. That's what cracks me up when many of us are called nothing but cheerleaders, pom pom wavers or rose colored pinstripe glasses wearers. They think we don't feel those emotions. Hell we just don't quit on the team or think everyone needs to be fired, DFA'd benched or traded  everytime they lose 3 in a row.


162 games make up a season. It's never been 162 individual seasons.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 21, 2021 - 7:46PM #10
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,638

Aug 21, 2021 -- 7:42PM, newinn wrote:


we all get frustrated, we all get angry and we all lose sight of the season at times. That's what cracks me up when many of us are called nothing but cheerleaders, pom pom wavers or rose colored pinstripe glasses wearers. They think we don't feel those emotions. Hell we just don't quit on the team or think everyone needs to be fired, DFA'd benched or traded  everytime they lose 3 in a row.


162 games make up a season. It's never been 162 individual seasons.




Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees I think it was about 3 short weeks ago
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum