Network Forums Yankees Yankees/Braves game 1 of 2 lineup/game thread 8/23
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 11 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
Yankees/Braves game 1 of 2 lineup/game thread 8/23
4 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 1:30PM #101
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,638

Aug 24, 2021 -- 1:19PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 1:06PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 12:21PM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 11:22AM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 10:44AM, SSBob wrote:


Good thing Pepe can't read our posts. He'd run to Admin and tattle on us for "picking on him"...





He has the biggest paranoia and persecution complex of anyone I've ever seen. I honestly threw it out there the Yankees were 11-1 and may have been a reason, but  because I didn't elaborate in a ten paragraph response like he does, he twisted it. Its always the "gang" "the mob", are after him. This dude has some really serious issues he should address.




I have none of those issues, and you know it. What I have is a extreme distaste for bullies on the internet. Simple question. DO you see any other poster on here that is attacked by the same 4 or 5 posters, all the same posters, I will add, over and over for years on here? Do you?  The poster JEG you and some others have written off as an idiot and a Troll so they do not bother with him in their pile on mentality. They will attack him one at a time. Me? Everything I say they come after like locusts. Did you see me answer Bumper? Did you see me call him any names? Or tell him he is nuts? Because even though he is a pain in the butt at times he has respect and makes his point and he has my respect as well and I disagree with him, a lot. A lot.


At times you display that.  Respect and your point, at times valid. Overall respectful people are obvious to me and most others on here, including  Admin, who tries to not get involved and stay neutral, because they have been here forever, like you I suppose. But Admin knows darn well what those few are doing. Admin pays attention. So call it what you want, but the reason they do what they do is because I fight back and they can not stand it.  The audacity of one person going after a mob, all at once, wow what nerve. If they could they would do what I did and ignore me and block me, but under the false pretenses of trying to keep this place all to themselves and be the rulers of Yankee fan cheerleading, they and only they can criticize, critique and get on players.


So to stop me from doing it they must see what I say and respond to keep me under control. Those are the real control freaks IMO. IMO they have mental issues. Disagree all you want but have the respect I can feel differently about things and be an individual. And I have the mental problems? Really? Huh. Wow. Maybe I should let them help me think and act like them. There is a name for that but I will leave that for the political forum. I stay away from there but I bet they are all in there. lol..


I notice when they say stupid stuff you never question them, why is that? Afraid they will put you on double secret probation? LOL.. From what I see you are not in that group, you just like not being attacked so you go along I think. Stop pretending LDY, you have fun on here, you read my stuff and disagree with most of it but if it were not for the audience of the chosen few you wouldn't disagree with a lot of the stuff I say, I don't think. Disagree, yes, but you would not be so sarcastic.


BTW when someone sticks up for themselves it's not called "mental problems," or has a psycho sematic name attached to it. I dislike bullies to my core and now I move forward..again. I also can pick out a phony a mile away and a few on here are picture perfect phony's and they call me a flip flopper? Naah...I am always the same. Ya know how I prove that? I blocked the ones that are looking for trouble. They say I am the one, yet, they do not block me, why is that? Why? Something to think about LDY. I didn't like what you said about a subject I expected was perfectly plausible and understandable and instead I took what you said as an attempt to discredit that with that silly 11-1 reply.


I may have over reacted but that was so obviously not a good move over Voit I couldn't believe you said that as a reason which without explanation is what it looked like. He is a solid Yankee and Rizzo or not, Voit is not going anywhere and is one of the biggest producers on the team when he is not on the IL, unfortunately. I bet he changes that also and stays off the IL by training differently, finally. I like Rizzo, and wish both would be here but that may be highly unlikely unless Rizzo comes cheap and with a re signed Judge... and Cole and Stanton $, that is not a possibility under the LT that Hal is in love with. MY thought, both or it will be Rizzo gone. Tough choices.




Luv, hope you are enjoying your relationship with the long-winded psychopath.




I stopped responding, nothing he says makes any sense. He's an angry person with a severe case of paranoia and a persecution complex. Everything he doesn't agree with sends him off the rails. Every response to him he considers an attack. Whacko.




That's the best thing to do ... just forget he exists ... I think he put me on ignore, so refreshing, can say anything I like and don't have to deal with the insane attack homilies.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 2:16PM #102
bumper
Posts: 10,551

Aug 24, 2021 -- 10:19AM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 9:57AM, bumper wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 8:26PM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:39PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:27PM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:19PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:07PM, CHL59 wrote:


So real quick, Voit was the player of the week last week, and Rizzo is in a slump, Voit has 11 RBI's from last week and is hitting over .400 and he sits for a slumping player. Just curious, just a real curious selection for 1st base. Yes Rizzo is a better fielder. So what in this scenerio.




The Yankees are 11-1 when Rizzo starts.




That is the most ridiculous thing you have ever said and you of all people know better. Stop, please. Right now you do not take a guy hitting like Voit over a slumping player. No reason and Boone or not whoever did it is an idiot. Just FYI don't say things like that because their is no rational reason for it and what you said is NOT the reason he is not playing. I don't know what is, but that ain't it.




I gave you a fact that might be a reason and you get your panties in a knot. Same old irrational off the charts Jpep. Kay said the same thing, but you think you know more than everybody. Control your emotions. You're the one whose always crying people are after you and I make a factual statement and you go off the rails. You could have easily said well that may be but I don't buy it, instead you become belligerent. Seriously, seek counseling.




Or you just could have agreed but that would not get you applause from your fan club would it? Or you could explain yourself. I'm not upset about it, I was making a point. As for Kay what is he supposed to do bash Boone or the Yankees? Kay is a puppet leave him out of it. I do know more than him as far as this particular incident if he thinks that is the reason to sit Luke.. HE IS BEING A Politician like always, or at least most of the time. See you have a reputation just like I do. Your reputation is your sarcastic and you make statements that could be construed several different ways leaving you room to wiggle out of looking like you just did with that statement. Foolish. There should ne no argument here yet you made one like you did it on purpose to see what I would say. IMO you could have just explained yourself. Two teams on a 9 in a row streak fighting for a shot at the playoffs and division title and what, he sits the player of the week for a slumping lost hitter? And you say what?? 11- and 1 with him in the lineup going 0 for 5? or 1 for 5 in half of those games? Sheesh...



agree or not, kay made the statement. for you to insinuate you know more than him regarding anything yankee or even baseball is preposterous. and yeah that's what it always comes down to for you, being "smarter" than everyone else. well get over it. you're not. while there may be some "good natured" name calling, no one here except you ever says they know more than anyone else.


regarding rizzo over voit. like yourself, i would have stayed with the very hot hand in luke. in addition to the 11-1 though, think it had more to do w defense and a LH bat in the lineup. for this series in a NL park, boone apparently values that over voit's hot bat. you're entitled to disagree w boone or luv but that doesn't make you "smarter" than anyone else. and you started the name calling with your backhanded compliment which is one of your calling cards.




 So..I get what you are saying with my smarter than Kay statement, but again, it's how I talk therefore it is how I write at times when I am getting steamed. I know one thing. If you read what you highlighted it is in there. I said "only in reference to, THIS PARTICULAR INCIDENT" Now I take and meant , that to mean, if he thinks, (meaning Kay,) that the reason is they are 11-1 due to Rizzo in the lineup. In the regard only, than I AM smarter than him. I also explained why I think he said that as IMO.  BTW I don't make left handed, or backhanded comments, I am left handed.




all kay said was rizzo was in the lineup because the yankees were 11-1. what he did not say was that the yankees were 11-1 "because" of rizzo, which is how you apparently interpreted it. big difference. and of course, i knew you were referring to this particular incident (which you had wrong). nonetheless there's no circumstance where you know more than kay.


as for the backhand compliment stuff -  you do it all the time with phrases like "you know better than that", "i gave you more credit than that" etc. it's a backdoor way of making sure your point won't be challenged.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 2:42PM #103
SSBob
Posts: 9,131

Aug 24, 2021 -- 2:16PM, bumper wrote:


as for the backhand compliment stuff -  you do it all the time with phrases like "you know better than that", "i gave you more credit than that" etc. it's a backdoor way of making sure your point won't be challenged.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Most people spot flattery for what it is...

4 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 3:09PM #104
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,638

Aug 24, 2021 -- 2:16PM, bumper wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 10:19AM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 9:57AM, bumper wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 8:26PM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:39PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:27PM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:19PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:07PM, CHL59 wrote:


So real quick, Voit was the player of the week last week, and Rizzo is in a slump, Voit has 11 RBI's from last week and is hitting over .400 and he sits for a slumping player. Just curious, just a real curious selection for 1st base. Yes Rizzo is a better fielder. So what in this scenerio.




The Yankees are 11-1 when Rizzo starts.




That is the most ridiculous thing you have ever said and you of all people know better. Stop, please. Right now you do not take a guy hitting like Voit over a slumping player. No reason and Boone or not whoever did it is an idiot. Just FYI don't say things like that because their is no rational reason for it and what you said is NOT the reason he is not playing. I don't know what is, but that ain't it.




I gave you a fact that might be a reason and you get your panties in a knot. Same old irrational off the charts Jpep. Kay said the same thing, but you think you know more than everybody. Control your emotions. You're the one whose always crying people are after you and I make a factual statement and you go off the rails. You could have easily said well that may be but I don't buy it, instead you become belligerent. Seriously, seek counseling.




Or you just could have agreed but that would not get you applause from your fan club would it? Or you could explain yourself. I'm not upset about it, I was making a point. As for Kay what is he supposed to do bash Boone or the Yankees? Kay is a puppet leave him out of it. I do know more than him as far as this particular incident if he thinks that is the reason to sit Luke.. HE IS BEING A Politician like always, or at least most of the time. See you have a reputation just like I do. Your reputation is your sarcastic and you make statements that could be construed several different ways leaving you room to wiggle out of looking like you just did with that statement. Foolish. There should ne no argument here yet you made one like you did it on purpose to see what I would say. IMO you could have just explained yourself. Two teams on a 9 in a row streak fighting for a shot at the playoffs and division title and what, he sits the player of the week for a slumping lost hitter? And you say what?? 11- and 1 with him in the lineup going 0 for 5? or 1 for 5 in half of those games? Sheesh...



agree or not, kay made the statement. for you to insinuate you know more than him regarding anything yankee or even baseball is preposterous. and yeah that's what it always comes down to for you, being "smarter" than everyone else. well get over it. you're not. while there may be some "good natured" name calling, no one here except you ever says they know more than anyone else.


regarding rizzo over voit. like yourself, i would have stayed with the very hot hand in luke. in addition to the 11-1 though, think it had more to do w defense and a LH bat in the lineup. for this series in a NL park, boone apparently values that over voit's hot bat. you're entitled to disagree w boone or luv but that doesn't make you "smarter" than anyone else. and you started the name calling with your backhanded compliment which is one of your calling cards.




 So..I get what you are saying with my smarter than Kay statement, but again, it's how I talk therefore it is how I write at times when I am getting steamed. I know one thing. If you read what you highlighted it is in there. I said "only in reference to, THIS PARTICULAR INCIDENT" Now I take and meant , that to mean, if he thinks, (meaning Kay,) that the reason is they are 11-1 due to Rizzo in the lineup. In the regard only, than I AM smarter than him. I also explained why I think he said that as IMO.  BTW I don't make left handed, or backhanded comments, I am left handed.




all kay said was rizzo was in the lineup because the yankees were 11-1. what he did not say was that the yankees were 11-1 "because" of rizzo, which is how you apparently interpreted it. big difference. and of course, i knew you were referring to this particular incident (which you had wrong). nonetheless there's no circumstance where you know more than kay.


as for the backhand compliment stuff -  you do it all the time with phrases like "you know better than that", "i gave you more credit than that" etc. it's a backdoor way of making sure your point won't be challenged.




He thinks he's smarter than everyone else when he uses that kind of flattery ... people catch on to that kind of thing real quick ... it's obvious what a person is doing when they make those kinds of comments.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 3:16PM #105
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,638

Andrew Velazquez was just voted the player of the week ... waiting for the tantrum from CHL as to why Voit didn't get it.

4 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 3:45PM #106
1955nyyfan
Posts: 2,927

Aug 24, 2021 -- 3:16PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Andrew Velazquez was just voted the player of the week ... waiting for the tantrum from CHL as to why Voit didn't get it.




I'm gonna get out in front of the Braves game 2 thread. I cant believe Boone is starting (fill in the blank) instead of (fill in the blank), he's a **** and this makes no sense.   

4 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 3:49PM #107
CHL59
Posts: 4,399

Aug 24, 2021 -- 2:16PM, bumper wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 10:19AM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 9:57AM, bumper wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 8:26PM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:39PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:27PM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:19PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:07PM, CHL59 wrote:


So real quick, Voit was the player of the week last week, and Rizzo is in a slump, Voit has 11 RBI's from last week and is hitting over .400 and he sits for a slumping player. Just curious, just a real curious selection for 1st base. Yes Rizzo is a better fielder. So what in this scenerio.




The Yankees are 11-1 when Rizzo starts.




That is the most ridiculous thing you have ever said and you of all people know better. Stop, please. Right now you do not take a guy hitting like Voit over a slumping player. No reason and Boone or not whoever did it is an idiot. Just FYI don't say things like that because their is no rational reason for it and what you said is NOT the reason he is not playing. I don't know what is, but that ain't it.




I gave you a fact that might be a reason and you get your panties in a knot. Same old irrational off the charts Jpep. Kay said the same thing, but you think you know more than everybody. Control your emotions. You're the one whose always crying people are after you and I make a factual statement and you go off the rails. You could have easily said well that may be but I don't buy it, instead you become belligerent. Seriously, seek counseling.




Or you just could have agreed but that would not get you applause from your fan club would it? Or you could explain yourself. I'm not upset about it, I was making a point. As for Kay what is he supposed to do bash Boone or the Yankees? Kay is a puppet leave him out of it. I do know more than him as far as this particular incident if he thinks that is the reason to sit Luke.. HE IS BEING A Politician like always, or at least most of the time. See you have a reputation just like I do. Your reputation is your sarcastic and you make statements that could be construed several different ways leaving you room to wiggle out of looking like you just did with that statement. Foolish. There should ne no argument here yet you made one like you did it on purpose to see what I would say. IMO you could have just explained yourself. Two teams on a 9 in a row streak fighting for a shot at the playoffs and division title and what, he sits the player of the week for a slumping lost hitter? And you say what?? 11- and 1 with him in the lineup going 0 for 5? or 1 for 5 in half of those games? Sheesh...



agree or not, kay made the statement. for you to insinuate you know more than him regarding anything yankee or even baseball is preposterous. and yeah that's what it always comes down to for you, being "smarter" than everyone else. well get over it. you're not. while there may be some "good natured" name calling, no one here except you ever says they know more than anyone else.


regarding rizzo over voit. like yourself, i would have stayed with the very hot hand in luke. in addition to the 11-1 though, think it had more to do w defense and a LH bat in the lineup. for this series in a NL park, boone apparently values that over voit's hot bat. you're entitled to disagree w boone or luv but that doesn't make you "smarter" than anyone else. and you started the name calling with your backhanded compliment which is one of your calling cards.




 So..I get what you are saying with my smarter than Kay statement, but again, it's how I talk therefore it is how I write at times when I am getting steamed. I know one thing. If you read what you highlighted it is in there. I said "only in reference to, THIS PARTICULAR INCIDENT" Now I take and meant , that to mean, if he thinks, (meaning Kay,) that the reason is they are 11-1 due to Rizzo in the lineup. In the regard only, than I AM smarter than him. I also explained why I think he said that as IMO.  BTW I don't make left handed, or backhanded comments, I am left handed.




all kay said was rizzo was in the lineup because the yankees were 11-1. what he did not say was that the yankees were 11-1 "because" of rizzo, which is how you apparently interpreted it. big difference. and of course, i knew you were referring to this particular incident (which you had wrong). nonetheless there's no circumstance where you know more than kay.


as for the backhand compliment stuff -  you do it all the time with phrases like "you know better than that", "i gave you more credit than that" etc. it's a backdoor way of making sure your point won't be challenged.




Not so. Not true and I'll still voice my opinions. I just thought you know better than that meant just what it says but apparently it has a dual meaning to you.


  BTW, umm. I have four people on ignore and you know I don't read what they say so...I wonder why they are all up in the business I have with you, Bumper. They are all talking back and forth about what? The Voit/Rizzo conversation we are disagreeing about? Why? You haven't answered them, and I won't so what is their motive for being here...??


I'll ask Admin also. Why are they here in this conversation, Admin? Starting trouble or talking about Yankees? I wonder. Admin you told a few here and me also I guess, although you said no names, to knock it off. I did,  and they are on block still, and have been, yet here they are again all doing the same thing that causes problems. Justified? 


Bumper and I are in a conversation that he is in extreme disagreement with, and yet they are all up in my business because I am talking to him and yet he and I stay on track and on topic, and they talk among themselves throwing shade at me knowing I can't see what they say and he hasn't answered them to my knowledge..  not yet as I type this anyway... So why.. Seriously what is the reason they do this when they are blocked and now for me speaking out about it I guess I am free to go, correct, will that be your answer Admin? I  won't be bullied by others so I can go, and there is strength in their numbers? Bullying is allowed? Just wondering.


Look at what they are doing here and let me know what you call it admin. I can't and won't read it but I can guess what it is.   What is what they are doing called, define it for me. Protecting the Yankees? This is a Yankee Sports board for discussing the team the  way we see things happening daily and as a season, sharing ideas opinions on the team and players manager and coaches and even the owners and announcers and others, and their Yankee history. They make opinions personal.. What have they added in this thread in regard to where it has gone and where I made a remark about two players, other than a group attack on my opinions and the way I talk and who they think I am?


SO many things are wrong with what they are doing in 2021 and yet it seems you are allowing bullying on here. I say that is what it is and yet if I feel that way, and they call me names because I won't tolerate what they do what do I do? Block them? I did. Ignore them, I do. What is what they are doing called?  Still I can see they are all here together doing what.... talking about Voit/Rizzo?


All I can say for me speaking out here about this is you will most likely  Boot me off or want to.  DO you want just some posters to knock it off or all??  I have gotten personal messages about them specifically and their nonsense.  Maybe you should get an unbiased outsiders opinion on what they do and who the ring leaders are and boot them off or give them a warning at least. What do you say? If I'm the bad guy then I will go. No problem. 

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
4 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 4:13PM #108
1955nyyfan
Posts: 2,927

Aug 24, 2021 -- 3:49PM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 2:16PM, bumper wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 10:19AM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 9:57AM, bumper wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 8:26PM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:39PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:27PM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:19PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:07PM, CHL59 wrote:


.




all kay said was rizzo was in the lineup because the yankees were 11-1. what he did not say was that the yankees were 11-1 "because" of rizzo, which is how you apparently interpreted it. big difference. and of course, i knew you were referring to this particular incident (which you had wrong). nonetheless there's no circumstance where you know more than kay.


as for the backhand compliment stuff -  you do it all the time with phrases like "you know better than that", "i gave you more credit than that" etc. it's a backdoor way of making sure your point won't be challenged.





I'll ask Admin also. Why are they here in this conversation, Admin? Starting trouble or talking about Yankees? I wonder. Admin you told a few here and me also I guess, although you said no names, to knock it off. I did,  and they are on block still, and have been, yet here they are again all doing the same thing that causes problems. Justified? 


 


Anybody here a fan of the TV show Justified, based on the Elmore Leonard book. One of the finest TV series ever, miss it and still wish it was on. Leonard was a great writer. 

4 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 4:14PM #109
Lola
Posts: 28,633
Can someone tell Jpep for me... I'm blocked. Maybe he can start over, with a new login. He seems to be having trouble getting along here.
Ps... Jpep, the biggest problem I have with you is your a liar. You think you're so smart and we're all beneath you. You've said it yourself... when someone lies to your face it's an insult.  You think it's OK for you to come in here and isht all over this team with your made up stories and all the rest of your crap. You want respect, the try acting respectably. Quit your crybaby victim routine... it ain't working!
AND GROW UP!
4 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 4:15PM #110
1955nyyfan
Posts: 2,927

Aug 24, 2021 -- 3:49PM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 2:16PM, bumper wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 10:19AM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 9:57AM, bumper wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 8:26PM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:39PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:27PM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:19PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Aug 23, 2021 -- 7:07PM, CHL59 wrote:


.




all kay said was rizzo was in the lineup because the yankees were 11-1. what he did not say was that the yankees were 11-1 "because" of rizzo, which is how you apparently interpreted it. big difference. and of course, i knew you were referring to this particular incident (which you had wrong). nonetheless there's no circumstance where you know more than kay.


as for the backhand compliment stuff -  you do it all the time with phrases like "you know better than that", "i gave you more credit than that" etc. it's a backdoor way of making sure your point won't be challenged.





I'll ask Admin also. Why are they here in this conversation, Admin? Starting trouble or talking about Yankees? I wonder. Admin you told a few here and me also I guess, although you said no names, to knock it off. I did,  and they are on block still, and have been, yet here they are again all doing the same thing that causes problems. Justified? 



 



Anybody here a fan of the TV show Justified, based on the Elmore Leonard book. One of the finest TV series ever, miss it and still wish it was on. Leonard was a great writer. 

Page 11 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Yankees/Braves game 1 of 2 lineup/game thread 8/23
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum