Network Forums Yankees Yankees/Braves game 2 of 2 lineup/game thread...
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 17 of 18  •  Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next
Yankees/Braves game 2 of 2 lineup/game thread 8/24
3 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 11:02PM #161
audierules
Posts: 1,002
Chapman sweats more in 10 mins then an instructor doing a 3 hours spin class
3 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 11:02PM #162
luvdayanks
Posts: 30,736

Aug 24, 2021 -- 10:58PM, bumper wrote:


perala gets it done after falling behind. what a tough AB by a great hitter. yankees win.




Second time in the last three outings Boone has had to remove Chapman. Not a good sign if they make the playoffs and the rest of the season.

3 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 11:05PM #163
SSBob
Posts: 9,117

The key to the near loss was the 2 out 4 pitch walk to pinch hitter Adrianza

3 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 11:07PM #164
Rob
Posts: 1,977

props to Boone for not leaving Chapman in.  Most managers are very reluctant to remove a closer even when it is obvious he doesn't "have it."

3 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 11:07PM #165
bumper
Posts: 10,547

Aug 24, 2021 -- 6:02PM, TheStripes wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 5:27PM, CHL59 wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 5:05PM, newinn wrote:


Aug 24, 2021 -- 5:03PM, CHL59 wrote:


Put down the crack pipe Newinn. You are over your head trying to figure out why that's a problem. If you don't know, you don't know, but don't draw attention to that fact. Don't assume what others may think. The Yankees are winning be happy.




true, Only you OH GREAT ONE knows. Take up the crack pipe, it might help you. If the way you post here is your idea of happy, I'd rather be miserable




What do you mean rather be? You are. You post like a mouse. Always on the fence and need more time to make a judgement on what you see in a player or a manager move or lineup issue you question. So afraid of being wrong I guess. Try it if you are wrong you will still be in great company and you will still be Newinn and standing. Instead of cracking wise why don't you tell everyone why you think they are playing Rizzo over Voit. C'mon make a statement OH GREAT ONE, about the team and the players lets see what you think instead of trying to be clever and show off for your fan club.. Scared?




 Fella, you could post here for a 100 more years and won't be able to raise your game to Newinns or Mo's knowledge of the game.  Grow the neck up or if you're already grown try and not act like an insufferable bore.




wow stripes welcome back! way to make an impact with that first post back.

3 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 11:10PM #166
bumper
Posts: 10,547

Aug 24, 2021 -- 11:05PM, SSBob wrote:


The key to the near loss was the 2 out 4 pitch walk to pinch hitter Adrianza




actually thought he looked ok until then. ball one to adrianza and then the wheels came off. thought he did have albies struck out however. 

3 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 11:10PM #167
Lola
Posts: 28,633

Aug 24, 2021 -- 11:07PM, Rob wrote:


props to Boone for not leaving Chapman in.  Most managers are very reluctant to remove a closer even when it is obvious he doesn't "have it."




We've already seen that unhappy ending. I think Chappie thinks too much... just throw the stinking ball as hard as you can... and not in the dirt!

3 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 11:11PM #168
Rob
Posts: 1,977

Aug 24, 2021 -- 11:05PM, SSBob wrote:


The key to the near loss was the 2 out 4 pitch walk to pinch hitter Adrianza




that and the non strike out of Albies on a ball he clearly missed, hit dirt and Sanchez gloved cleanly.  A guess a called foul tip is not a reviewable call.

3 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 11:11PM #169
laurenfrances
Posts: 44,637

Chappie is sweating bullets and my stress level is through the roof!!!!!!

3 months ago  ::  Aug 24, 2021 - 11:12PM #170
bruner4329
Posts: 4,305

Anybody still miss Tauchman? Peralta has been a good find. In case people forgot below is from an article when trade was made.



Tauchman was sent to the San Francisco Giants in exchange for lefty reliever Wandy Peralta, whose greatest value is the fact he possesses one final minor-league option, so expect him to be shuttled back and forth between the alternate site to eat innings.


Despite his career 4.72 ERA and 1.49 WHIP, the Yankees reportedly like his soft contact rate and the potential of his slider. Great?


But of course, any time Yankees fans express displeasure with one of the organization’s moves or start complaining about advanced metrics, there are those who, regardless of their opinion on the matter, are ready to bring the angry mob down.


Page 17 of 18  •  Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Yankees/Braves game 2 of 2 lineup/game thread...
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum