Network Forums Yankees Yankees/Athletics game 1 of 4 lineup/game...
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 2 of 16  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next
Yankees/Athletics game 1 of 4 lineup/game thread 8/26
3 months ago  ::  Aug 26, 2021 - 8:44PM #11
Rob
Posts: 1,976

Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:28PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Seriously, I feel bad for Voit. He was also heating up with his bat. Realistically Rizzo gives Yankees tremendous defense. You want you best guy manning the field. Hopefully we'll see Voit tomorrow. 


Nice to have Urshela back




no argument that the defense is better with Rizzo at 1B, so I guess the analytics clowns figure LH Gardner with a RH pitcher is better than Voit.  My prediction is that they will jerk Voit around enough for him to lose whatever he found, reducing his trade value, then trade him for nothing and end up losing Rizzo to free agency.

3 months ago  ::  Aug 26, 2021 - 8:45PM #12
bumper
Posts: 10,544

facing james kaprellian, a former prospect who probably has something to prove tonight.

3 months ago  ::  Aug 26, 2021 - 8:54PM #13
CHL59
Posts: 4,399

Looks like you shoulda kept your mouth shut Luke. You are definately in the dog house. The excuses for you sitting are weaker than circus lemonade. Maybe you and Frazier will have another Bad Boy join you if Odor pops off in the media. A few more and you guys will have enough to field a whole team.

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
3 months ago  ::  Aug 26, 2021 - 8:54PM #14
laurenfrances
Posts: 44,631

Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:45PM, bumper wrote:


facing james kaprellian, a former prospect who probably has something to prove tonight.




He's a California guy. He might feel Yankees did him a favor trading him back to the West Coast. He's likely not unhappy...

3 months ago  ::  Aug 26, 2021 - 8:56PM #15
SSBob
Posts: 9,105

Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:54PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:45PM, bumper wrote:


facing james kaprellian, a former prospect who probably has something to prove tonight.




He's a California guy. He might think Yankees did him a favor trading him back to the West Coast. He's likely not unhappy...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


He's a SoCal guy...Oakland & Orange County night & day.

3 months ago  ::  Aug 26, 2021 - 8:59PM #16
laurenfrances
Posts: 44,631

Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:44PM, Rob wrote:


Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:28PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Seriously, I feel bad for Voit. He was also heating up with his bat. Realistically Rizzo gives Yankees tremendous defense. You want you best guy manning the field. Hopefully we'll see Voit tomorrow. 


Nice to have Urshela back




no argument that the defense is better with Rizzo at 1B, so I guess the analytics clowns figure LH Gardner with a RH pitcher is better than Voit.  My prediction is that they will jerk Voit around enough for him to lose whatever he found, reducing his trade value, then trade him for nothing and end up losing Rizzo to free agency.




You're expecting Gardner  to sit so Voit can be in CF???

3 months ago  ::  Aug 26, 2021 - 9:03PM #17
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,637

Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:54PM, CHL59 wrote:


Looks like you shoulda kept your mouth shut Luke. You are definately in the dog house. The excuses for you sitting are weaker than circus lemonade. Maybe you and Frazier will have another Bad Boy join you if Odor pops off in the media. A few more and you guys will have enough to field a whole team.




****, Boone just said Voit will probably be playing in the next three games.

3 months ago  ::  Aug 26, 2021 - 9:05PM #18
bumper
Posts: 10,544

Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:59PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:44PM, Rob wrote:


Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:28PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Seriously, I feel bad for Voit. He was also heating up with his bat. Realistically Rizzo gives Yankees tremendous defense. You want you best guy manning the field. Hopefully we'll see Voit tomorrow. 


Nice to have Urshela back




no argument that the defense is better with Rizzo at 1B, so I guess the analytics clowns figure LH Gardner with a RH pitcher is better than Voit.  My prediction is that they will jerk Voit around enough for him to lose whatever he found, reducing his trade value, then trade him for nothing and end up losing Rizzo to free agency.




You're expecting Gardner  to sit so Voit can be in CF???




i didn't quite make the connection either. think he means gardy should sit and judge or gallo play CF w stanton in the OF. for whatever reason stanton is not playing the OF, so gardy plays. it is possible, they're just trying to get gardy some playing time since he hasn't started since friday. boone is gonna have to be quite the juggler or solomon the rest of the way.

3 months ago  ::  Aug 26, 2021 - 9:05PM #19
laurenfrances
Posts: 44,631

Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:56PM, SSBob wrote:


Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:54PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:45PM, bumper wrote:


facing james kaprellian, a former prospect who probably has something to prove tonight.




He's a California guy. He might think Yankees did him a favor trading him back to the West Coast. He's likely not unhappy...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


He's a SoCal guy...Oakland & Orange County night & day.




He's closer to home to see family and friends.  With that said, NYC must be a tremendous difference to SoCal..

3 months ago  ::  Aug 26, 2021 - 9:09PM #20
Rob
Posts: 1,976

Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:59PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:44PM, Rob wrote:


Aug 26, 2021 -- 8:28PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Seriously, I feel bad for Voit. He was also heating up with his bat. Realistically Rizzo gives Yankees tremendous defense. You want you best guy manning the field. Hopefully we'll see Voit tomorrow. 


Nice to have Urshela back




no argument that the defense is better with Rizzo at 1B, so I guess the analytics clowns figure LH Gardner with a RH pitcher is better than Voit.  My prediction is that they will jerk Voit around enough for him to lose whatever he found, reducing his trade value, then trade him for nothing and end up losing Rizzo to free agency.




You're expecting Gardner  to sit so Voit can be in CF???




no!  They were off yesterday so Stanton in RF, Judge in CF and Voit DH.

Page 2 of 16  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Yankees/Athletics game 1 of 4 lineup/game...
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum