Network Forums Yankees Again, what adjustments is Thames advising?
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Again, what adjustments is Thames advising?
3 months ago  ::  Sep 01, 2021 - 12:54AM #1
Jon
Posts: 5,035

If there was a GM and owner with a pulse, Thames would have been sh1tcanned a month ago.


5. more. GIDPs.

3 months ago  ::  Sep 01, 2021 - 1:00AM #2
laurenfrances
Posts: 44,649

Advisement doesn't necessarily translate to execution. It's up to the player to incorporate adjustments

3 months ago  ::  Sep 01, 2021 - 8:23AM #3
Lola
Posts: 28,633
I didn't see the whole game but after losing 4 we're back to firing Thames..lol! Congrats Jonah... did you want to fire Thames for the past 2 weeks before they cooled off.
Unfortunately the inconsistency of this team and some key players, is what it is.
3 months ago  ::  Sep 01, 2021 - 8:54AM #4
luvdayanks
Posts: 30,743

Sep 1, 2021 -- 8:23AM, Lola wrote:

I didn't see the whole game but after losing 4 we're back to firing Thames..lol! Congrats Jonah... did you want to fire Thames for the past 2 weeks before they cooled off. Unfortunately the inconsistency of this team and some key players, is what it is.




So predictable, nowhere to be found during the 13 game winning streak, lose 4 games and dimbulb shows up firing everyone. 

3 months ago  ::  Sep 01, 2021 - 9:21AM #5
bumper
Posts: 10,551

Sep 1, 2021 -- 8:54AM, luvdayanks wrote:


Sep 1, 2021 -- 8:23AM, Lola wrote:

I didn't see the whole game but after losing 4 we're back to firing Thames..lol! Congrats Jonah... did you want to fire Thames for the past 2 weeks before they cooled off. Unfortunately the inconsistency of this team and some key players, is what it is.




So predictable, nowhere to be found during the 13 game winning streak, lose 4 games and dimbulb shows up firing everyone. 




they were all over the game thread last night. before this 4-game slide, we were a staggering 35-11, a .760 percentage. even now 35-15 ain't shabby. during the winning streak, boone was apparently pressing all the right buttons. why ... because the players he trusted to do the job, got it done. last couple games, they didn't. when you lose, it's because someone didn't get it done. second guessing is always a 1.000 percentage.

3 months ago  ::  Sep 01, 2021 - 10:34AM #6
Raymond757
Posts: 10,341
That shyt happens we hit ball hard last night just couldn't find the hole...
But my problem is with Boone, he needs to react a little quicker when a pitcher loses it
3 months ago  ::  Sep 01, 2021 - 11:31AM #7
bumper
Posts: 10,551

Sep 1, 2021 -- 10:34AM, Raymond757 wrote:

That shyt happens we hit ball hard last night just couldn't find the hole... But my problem is with Boone, he needs to react a little quicker when a pitcher loses it



yup all the DPs were hard hit but right at 'em or the angels, particularly fletcher, made good plays turning them.


during the winning streak, we didn't lose so apparently boone made all the right calls - whether it was leaving guys in or pulling them. you win, everything's good. the last 2 nights, knowing the result, you could make a case, that he left kluber and taillon in a batter or two too long. on the other hand, he can't be bringing loaisiga, green or peralta into the 4th or 5th inning every night. and yeah i would have gotten kluber out sooner but then you get guys like joely rodgriquez etc, so it's pick your poison. taillon was one strike away from getting out of it.   




3 months ago  ::  Sep 01, 2021 - 1:37PM #8
Raymond757
Posts: 10,341
I would like to see German and Gil as the long relievers
3 months ago  ::  Sep 01, 2021 - 1:46PM #9
SSBob
Posts: 9,131

Sep 1, 2021 -- 1:37PM, Raymond757 wrote:

I would like to see German and Gil as the long relievers



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Gil has given up 0 Runs / 9 Hits / 7 Walks in 15 innings in the 3 games he's started.

3 months ago  ::  Sep 01, 2021 - 4:40PM #10
bruner4329
Posts: 4,310

Sep 1, 2021 -- 1:37PM, Raymond757 wrote:

I would like to see German and Gil as the long relievers



You and every one else. Especially if we have guys like Kluber that may only be able to pitch 3/4 innings effectively with no time to build up innings. I mean wouldn't you rather have Gil or German relieving as opposed to Heaney? Right now other than Cole who else can you count on going more than 5? Monty maybe but even when he is pitching effective he throws a lot of pitches. Taillon had his run but last couple of starts looks more like guy we saw in April and May. Maybe he is getting fatigued and needs to miss a start or 2. Another reason to have Gil and German here.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Again, what adjustments is Thames advising?
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum