Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Gallo vs. Allen
3 months ago  ::  Sep 03, 2021 - 6:40PM #31
SSBob
Posts: 9,131

Sep 3, 2021 -- 6:04PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Sep 3, 2021 -- 4:08PM, Rob wrote:



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




everybody agrees Yanks needed to get more non-Hicks, non-Gardner LH bats in the lienup.  But a LH bat hitting .149 with a 40% K rate since coming to NY isn't the answer.  Hard as it may be to believe, they have actually gotten more offense out of Andujar, Frazier Gardner and any other random body they have stuck in LF than they have from Gallo.  COT'S says TX is only paying his remaining salary for 2021.  Could be hard to trade him as he will certainly get a raise over the $6.2 he is making this year..




Listen Gallo has been a disappointment offensively but there is more to it than that. First of all he is an excellent outfielder and better than the 3 you mentioned. I mean Gardner is still OK defensively but he has a chicken arm. Gallo is close to the lead in OF assists. The other aspect is the rightly lefty balance. Teams have to think before changing pitchers. Prior to that we had 5 or 6 RH hitters all in a row. Made going to bullpen a piece of cake for opposing teams especially a Tampa with all those RH arms.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I know Gallo won a GG last year, but I haven't seen him make any "wow" plays since he joined the Yanks, while Gardner has made several over the past several games.


In fact, I felt Gallo misplayed the ball Canha hit for a double last Sunday which would've been the 3rd out. Next batter, Kemp, hit a 2 run shot which turned out to be the game winner for Oakland.

3 months ago  ::  Sep 03, 2021 - 10:41PM #32
Jon
Posts: 5,035

Gallo now 4 for his last 52 (.077).


As a Yankee, he's 15 for 112 (.134), with 54 Ks.

3 months ago  ::  Sep 03, 2021 - 10:48PM #33
bumper
Posts: 10,551

Sep 3, 2021 -- 6:40PM, SSBob wrote:


Sep 3, 2021 -- 6:04PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Sep 3, 2021 -- 4:08PM, Rob wrote:



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




everybody agrees Yanks needed to get more non-Hicks, non-Gardner LH bats in the lienup.  But a LH bat hitting .149 with a 40% K rate since coming to NY isn't the answer.  Hard as it may be to believe, they have actually gotten more offense out of Andujar, Frazier Gardner and any other random body they have stuck in LF than they have from Gallo.  COT'S says TX is only paying his remaining salary for 2021.  Could be hard to trade him as he will certainly get a raise over the $6.2 he is making this year..




Listen Gallo has been a disappointment offensively but there is more to it than that. First of all he is an excellent outfielder and better than the 3 you mentioned. I mean Gardner is still OK defensively but he has a chicken arm. Gallo is close to the lead in OF assists. The other aspect is the rightly lefty balance. Teams have to think before changing pitchers. Prior to that we had 5 or 6 RH hitters all in a row. Made going to bullpen a piece of cake for opposing teams especially a Tampa with all those RH arms.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I know Gallo won a GG last year, but I haven't seen him make any "wow" plays since he joined the Yanks, while Gardner has made several over the past several games.


In fact, I felt Gallo misplayed the ball Canha hit for a double last Sunday which would've been the 3rd out. Next batter, Kemp, hit a 2 run shot which turned out to be the game winner for Oakland.



agree on both counts. gardy has run down a couple balls the last few weeks.


also agree that despite the fact that gallo hasn't necessarily been productive, his lefty bat does balance the lineup. opposing mangers respect his power.

3 months ago  ::  Sep 04, 2021 - 10:20AM #34
Rob
Posts: 1,995

Sep 3, 2021 -- 10:48PM, bumper wrote:


Sep 3, 2021 -- 6:40PM, SSBob wrote:


Sep 3, 2021 -- 6:04PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Sep 3, 2021 -- 4:08PM, Rob wrote:



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




everybody agrees Yanks needed to get more non-Hicks, non-Gardner LH bats in the lienup.  But a LH bat hitting .149 with a 40% K rate since coming to NY isn't the answer.  Hard as it may be to believe, they have actually gotten more offense out of Andujar, Frazier Gardner and any other random body they have stuck in LF than they have from Gallo.  COT'S says TX is only paying his remaining salary for 2021.  Could be hard to trade him as he will certainly get a raise over the $6.2 he is making this year..




Listen Gallo has been a disappointment offensively but there is more to it than that. First of all he is an excellent outfielder and better than the 3 you mentioned. I mean Gardner is still OK defensively but he has a chicken arm. Gallo is close to the lead in OF assists. The other aspect is the rightly lefty balance. Teams have to think before changing pitchers. Prior to that we had 5 or 6 RH hitters all in a row. Made going to bullpen a piece of cake for opposing teams especially a Tampa with all those RH arms.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I know Gallo won a GG last year, but I haven't seen him make any "wow" plays since he joined the Yanks, while Gardner has made several over the past several games.


In fact, I felt Gallo misplayed the ball Canha hit for a double last Sunday which would've been the 3rd out. Next batter, Kemp, hit a 2 run shot which turned out to be the game winner for Oakland.



agree on both counts. gardy has run down a couple balls the last few weeks.


also agree that despite the fact that gallo hasn't necessarily been productive, his lefty bat does balance the lineup. opposing mangers respect his power.




Of course the perceived wisdom of breaking up a string of righty bats with a lefty is generally valid.  But when that lefty bat is hitting under .200 for the season and something like .136 as a Yankee they would be better off with pretty much any righty bat currently on the roster.

3 months ago  ::  Sep 04, 2021 - 11:00AM #35
manbot
Posts: 1,471

Gallo is horrendous !!!!


I cant stand his stretching and wiggling routine prior to striking out !! 

3 months ago  ::  Sep 04, 2021 - 12:49PM #36
bumper
Posts: 10,551

Sep 4, 2021 -- 10:20AM, Rob wrote:


Sep 3, 2021 -- 10:48PM, bumper wrote:


Sep 3, 2021 -- 6:40PM, SSBob wrote:


Sep 3, 2021 -- 6:04PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Sep 3, 2021 -- 4:08PM, Rob wrote:



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




everybody agrees Yanks needed to get more non-Hicks, non-Gardner LH bats in the lienup.  But a LH bat hitting .149 with a 40% K rate since coming to NY isn't the answer.  Hard as it may be to believe, they have actually gotten more offense out of Andujar, Frazier Gardner and any other random body they have stuck in LF than they have from Gallo.  COT'S says TX is only paying his remaining salary for 2021.  Could be hard to trade him as he will certainly get a raise over the $6.2 he is making this year..




Listen Gallo has been a disappointment offensively but there is more to it than that. First of all he is an excellent outfielder and better than the 3 you mentioned. I mean Gardner is still OK defensively but he has a chicken arm. Gallo is close to the lead in OF assists. The other aspect is the rightly lefty balance. Teams have to think before changing pitchers. Prior to that we had 5 or 6 RH hitters all in a row. Made going to bullpen a piece of cake for opposing teams especially a Tampa with all those RH arms.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I know Gallo won a GG last year, but I haven't seen him make any "wow" plays since he joined the Yanks, while Gardner has made several over the past several games.


In fact, I felt Gallo misplayed the ball Canha hit for a double last Sunday which would've been the 3rd out. Next batter, Kemp, hit a 2 run shot which turned out to be the game winner for Oakland.



agree on both counts. gardy has run down a couple balls the last few weeks.


also agree that despite the fact that gallo hasn't necessarily been productive, his lefty bat does balance the lineup. opposing mangers respect his power.




Of course the perceived wisdom of breaking up a string of righty bats with a lefty is generally valid.  But when that lefty bat is hitting under .200 for the season and something like .136 as a Yankee they would be better off with pretty much any righty bat currently on the roster.




agree but like i said, being an all star w 30 HRs, opposing managers still have a certain level of respect for him. really can't judge him for the month he's been here. his numbers for the 1st 4 months were much better - hitting .223 w a very respectable OPS+ of 140 w the rangers. manifests in small ways, perhaps getting judge and stanton to see more LH pitching. but yeah right now, he's an automatic out.

3 months ago  ::  Sep 04, 2021 - 3:19PM #37
mscamaguey
Posts: 1,283

Gallo is a FA so hopefully, he will not wear the Yanks pinstripes. It is gotten to the point when he steps to the plate I change Channel. They ought to move him down to eight because Yanks are not going to bench him. When he is at the plate he is constantly moving. Maybe he is one of those players that failed in the Bronx.


I like Allen 

3 months ago  ::  Sep 04, 2021 - 3:45PM #38
Rob
Posts: 1,995

Sep 4, 2021 -- 3:19PM, mscamaguey wrote:


Gallo is a FA so hopefully, he will not wear the Yanks pinstripes. It is gotten to the point when he steps to the plate I change Channel. They ought to move him down to eight because Yanks are not going to bench him. When he is at the plate he is constantly moving. Maybe he is one of those players that failed in the Bronx.


I like Allen 




Uh, no, Gallo has one more year of arbitration so will not be a FA until after next season.  Rizzo is a FA after thsui season.

Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum