Network Forums Yankees If missing the playoffs, should and will...
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
If missing the playoffs, should and will Cashman be gone?
1 year ago  ::  Sep 20, 2021 - 1:35PM #1
crazyYankeefan
Posts: 274
What does it take to finally get rid of Cashman? He's definitely responsible for putting together this team and all the failure since 2009.
1 year ago  ::  Sep 20, 2021 - 2:27PM #2
dixieyank
Posts: 6,880

Should he? I thought he should have years ago. Will he? Nope.


He has talents, but whether or not it is him or other elements in charge, the Yankees have no baseball mind directing it IMO.


The Yankees seem to use some sort of Moneyball on steriods type decision making with signing and forging a team roster, and it has shown it isn't successful enough to win a WS, again, IMO.


They had a window, where they traded top players for loads of farm talent, to make a rebuild for future years, and they then went and flubbed it by doing a stupid trade like Stanton. And then went right back to the old ways of patching and signing a huge contract (Cole), and dumpster diving to fill holes to try and compete each season, but never seriously enough to win it all.


Again, just my observations.

1 year ago  ::  Sep 20, 2021 - 9:54PM #3
crazyYankeefan
Posts: 274

You absolutely hit the nail on the head. It feels like a vicious cycle. I agree the Stanton trade was just dumb, but I think Cole is a good signing, like CC. It's the thing that Cashman is so stubborn and arrogant to swallow this pride that players in the like of Sanchez and Heaney should've been long gone already. Also, the current lineup is simply not built for any sort of consistency.

1 year ago  ::  Sep 21, 2021 - 7:58PM #4
TheManMike
Posts: 2,857

I've been one of Cashman's top defenders when others were burying him in the ground years ago. However, as I see the results of the past decade, I've been wondering maybe it's time for Cash to give up the GM duties. I hear Theo Epstein could be available...

1 year ago  ::  Sep 21, 2021 - 8:06PM #5
Jon
Posts: 6,418

He should, he won't.


Boone will take the fall.

1 year ago  ::  Sep 22, 2021 - 7:37AM #6
yankoldfan
Posts: 11,996

Ca$hman is not going anywhere, health has hurt us again... But I think we need some new coaching on this team... Our strength coach needs to change its philosophy, this isn't football, we also need a different hitting coach, we can't live on hitting home runs... This team only seems to win when they hit home runs, they have a lot of trouble putting hits together... I don't know what will happen to Boone, but if I was a betting man, I'd bet he'll be back...

1 year ago  ::  Sep 22, 2021 - 9:10AM #7
prof. quiz
Posts: 10,846

Sep 22, 2021 -- 7:37AM, yankoldfan wrote:


 I don't know what will happen to Boone, but if I was a betting man, I'd bet he'll be back...




Man, you ranchers get up early!


I think Boone has over a .600 winning percentage during his tenure here. That is really good but he can only manage the talent Cashman provides. And injuries seem to plague this team.


Like Dixie said earlier in this post, Cashman fell into old habits by decimating the farm and trading organizational depth for instant gratification. That hasn't worked. Their payroll is one of the highest year after year they have not won the WS since 2009.


The NY Rangers were in the same boat with a stuck rudder spinning in circles and finally fired just about everyone from the top down. 


I do not have the answers. Boone and Cashman know way more than I do about baseball. I'm just a fan whose not getting any younger and wants to witness a WS, SC and SB win from the only NY team left with a NY address, the Bills. 

1 year ago  ::  Sep 22, 2021 - 6:48PM #8
Jon
Posts: 6,418

Sep 22, 2021 -- 9:10AM, prof. quiz wrote:


Sep 22, 2021 -- 7:37AM, yankoldfan wrote:


 I don't know what will happen to Boone, but if I was a betting man, I'd bet he'll be back...




Man, you ranchers get up early!


I think Boone has over a .600 winning percentage during his tenure here. That is really good but he can only manage the talent Cashman provides. And injuries seem to plague this team.




His decisions are awful, especially bullpen management and strategy.

1 year ago  ::  Sep 23, 2021 - 7:40AM #9
Carp
Posts: 5,889

Sep 20, 2021 -- 2:27PM, dixieyank wrote:


Should he? I thought he should have years ago. Will he? Nope.


He has talents, but whether or not it is him or other elements in charge, the Yankees have no baseball mind directing it IMO.


The Yankees seem to use some sort of Moneyball on steriods type decision making with signing and forging a team roster, and it has shown it isn't successful enough to win a WS, again, IMO.


They had a window, where they traded top players for loads of farm talent, to make a rebuild for future years, and they then went and flubbed it by doing a stupid trade like Stanton. And then went right back to the old ways of patching and signing a huge contract (Cole), and dumpster diving to fill holes to try and compete each season, but never seriously enough to win it all.


Again, just my observations.




This.

Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees If missing the playoffs, should and will...
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum