Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Hicks
2 weeks ago  ::  Oct 07, 2021 - 11:06AM #1
presceo
Posts: 209

Think about this:




Yankees Analytics Nerds
@YankeesNerds
· 14h
Jacoby Ellsbury played 27 more games in 4 seasons with the Yankees than Aaron Hicks has played in 6 seasons with the Yankees.




2 weeks ago  ::  Oct 07, 2021 - 12:08PM #2
Jon
Posts: 4,956
I think Hicks is a fine 4th OF, in Gardner's role.

He is not a starting CF.
2 weeks ago  ::  Oct 07, 2021 - 9:31PM #3
JudgeandYankees
Posts: 432

Why the Yankees thought giving a huge contract to the definition of mediocrity was a wise idea is beyond me.  I like him on the team but they gave him the contract of a player expected to carry the offense and that's never been who he is.

2 weeks ago  ::  Oct 08, 2021 - 10:14AM #4
yankoldfan
Posts: 11,458

Oct 7, 2021 -- 9:31PM, JudgeandYankees wrote:


Why the Yankees thought giving a huge contract to the definition of mediocrity was a wise idea is beyond me.  I like him on the team but they gave him the contract of a player expected to carry the offense and that's never been who he is.




4yr@$10m is not out of line, when healthy Hicks is a pretty good player, switch hitter, takes a lot of walks, hits with some power, and plays a pretty good CF, but injuries have held him down, now the question is can he change the game and stay healthy ??

2 weeks ago  ::  Oct 08, 2021 - 11:08AM #5
Paterson
Posts: 7,224

Oct 8, 2021 -- 10:14AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Oct 7, 2021 -- 9:31PM, JudgeandYankees wrote:


Why the Yankees thought giving a huge contract to the definition of mediocrity was a wise idea is beyond me.  I like him on the team but they gave him the contract of a player expected to carry the offense and that's never been who he is.




4yr@$10m is not out of line, when healthy Hicks is a pretty good player, switch hitter, takes a lot of walks, hits with some power, and plays a pretty good CF, but injuries have held him down, now the question is can he change the game and stay healthy ??




    Guys usually don't get healthier as they get older.  

2 weeks ago  ::  Oct 08, 2021 - 11:17AM #6
manbot
Posts: 1,445

Yankees should have added a no golf clause to Hick's contract.


I think golf is ruining or has ruined his baseball career.


It's terrible for his BB swing and the injuries that he has gotten could easily be from overuse of hip, wrist lower back etc ... 

2 weeks ago  ::  Oct 08, 2021 - 11:57AM #7
Giancarlo
Posts: 122

Hicks measured by WAR is an excellent player.   He's just hurt too often to get in to real grooves, and then you also have to add in that when he's hurt it means Gardner will become the starter.    Because we always need to bring Gardner back, forever and ever.


I hope he either stays healthy in 2022 - and it's possible, after all we just had almost fully healthy seasons from both Judge and Stanton - or if he gets hurt again, that Florial gets the starter's job and Gardner stays in a bench role.    They have to stop starting Gardner.   If they lose Hicks to injury and Florial can't hack it, then they have to make a trade.   Starting Gardner is no longer an option.


1 week ago  ::  Oct 08, 2021 - 4:10PM #8
yankoldfan
Posts: 11,458

Oct 8, 2021 -- 11:08AM, Paterson wrote:


Oct 8, 2021 -- 10:14AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Oct 7, 2021 -- 9:31PM, JudgeandYankees wrote:


Why the Yankees thought giving a huge contract to the definition of mediocrity was a wise idea is beyond me.  I like him on the team but they gave him the contract of a player expected to carry the offense and that's never been who he is.




4yr@$10m is not out of line, when healthy Hicks is a pretty good player, switch hitter, takes a lot of walks, hits with some power, and plays a pretty good CF, but injuries have held him down, now the question is can he change the game and stay healthy ??




    Guys usually don't get healthier as they get older.  




By no means is Hicks old, yes he's getting older but ain't we all... He's not the biggest mistake this team has ever made.. I can remember watching him when he played in Minn, he was the Twins #1 pick and looked to be a very promising player, but like so many good prospects injuries have taken their tole...

1 week ago  ::  Oct 08, 2021 - 4:48PM #9
Hobbs
Posts: 110

Well according to a couple of media guys who supposedly have "inside info" they are not looking to add a centerfielder and Hicks will be our starter next year. So take that for what it's worth.


Don't like it but it sounds about right knowing Cashman.

1 week ago  ::  Oct 08, 2021 - 4:51PM #10
newinn
Posts: 37,942

Oct 8, 2021 -- 4:48PM, Hobbs wrote:


Well according to a couple of media guys who supposedly have "inside info" they are not looking to add a centerfielder and Hicks will be our starter next year. So take that for what it's worth.


Don't like it but it sounds about right knowing Cashman.




well, that gives me a reason to liveUndecided

Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum