Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Yankees sign SS
6 months ago  ::  Nov 29, 2021 - 6:57PM #1
Giancarlo
Posts: 826

twitter.com/elijfishman/status/146537441...


We're doubling down on Perazas.   I guess it can't hurt to add depth.

6 months ago  ::  Nov 29, 2021 - 8:02PM #2
Jon
Posts: 5,470
6 months ago  ::  Nov 29, 2021 - 9:26PM #3
davis2
Posts: 19,213

Imaginethe screaming if Cashman spent that much on a SS!

6 months ago  ::  Nov 29, 2021 - 10:15PM #4
bruner4329
Posts: 4,486

Nov 29, 2021 -- 9:26PM, davis2 wrote:


Imaginethe screaming if Cashman spent that much on a SS!




Crazy money but is it any dumber than giving a guy like Hicks a 7 year contract?

6 months ago  ::  Nov 29, 2021 - 10:25PM #5
davis2
Posts: 19,213

Nov 29, 2021 -- 10:15PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Nov 29, 2021 -- 9:26PM, davis2 wrote:


Imaginethe screaming if Cashman spent that much on a SS!




Crazy money but is it any dumber than giving a guy like Hicks a 7 year contract?



Hicks has a shot at making his contract look good. $10 mil a year isn't a lot of money for a MLB CF.


$32.5 mil AAV is a lot for any position.

6 months ago  ::  Nov 29, 2021 - 10:33PM #6
bruner4329
Posts: 4,486

Nov 29, 2021 -- 10:25PM, davis2 wrote:


Nov 29, 2021 -- 10:15PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Nov 29, 2021 -- 9:26PM, davis2 wrote:


Imaginethe screaming if Cashman spent that much on a SS!




Crazy money but is it any dumber than giving a guy like Hicks a 7 year contract?



Hicks has a shot at making his contract look good. $10 mil a year isn't a lot of money for a MLB CF.


$32.5 mil AAV is a lot for any position.




He is a lifetime .233 hitter. He has played over 100 games only twice in his entire career. His performance has been on a down trend the last 3 years and he has 4 years left on this absurd contract. He has no shot at making this contract look good. This is the problem with this team. People keep waiting for Hicks to do something. 6 years into his career in NY and still waiting. Good luck. Listen no player is worth the money Seager got but at least he is star player and produces.




6 months ago  ::  Nov 29, 2021 - 10:57PM #7
bumper
Posts: 11,064

the money keeps getting crazier. would have loved to have him but no way for 10 years. the bar just got raised for judge.

6 months ago  ::  Nov 29, 2021 - 11:05PM #8
Giancarlo
Posts: 826

Nov 29, 2021 -- 10:33PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Nov 29, 2021 -- 10:25PM, davis2 wrote:


Nov 29, 2021 -- 10:15PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Nov 29, 2021 -- 9:26PM, davis2 wrote:


Imaginethe screaming if Cashman spent that much on a SS!




Crazy money but is it any dumber than giving a guy like Hicks a 7 year contract?



Hicks has a shot at making his contract look good. $10 mil a year isn't a lot of money for a MLB CF.


$32.5 mil AAV is a lot for any position.




He is a lifetime .233 hitter. He has played over 100 games only twice in his entire career. His performance has been on a down trend the last 3 years and he has 4 years left on this absurd contract. He has no shot at making this contract look good. This is the problem with this team. People keep waiting for Hicks to do something. 6 years into his career in NY and still waiting. Good luck. Listen no player is worth the money Seager got but at least he is star player and produces.







Seager is 28.   I think if Barry Bonds was 28 now and was given the same contract, and if he performed the same as he did from 28-38, he'd be an absolute steal.   


Is it also absurd that the Twins just extended Buxton for 7 years and 100 million?   He's only topped 100 games once in his career.

6 months ago  ::  Nov 29, 2021 - 11:29PM #9
JudgeandYankees
Posts: 577

Nov 29, 2021 -- 11:05PM, Giancarlo wrote:


Nov 29, 2021 -- 10:33PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Nov 29, 2021 -- 10:25PM, davis2 wrote:


Nov 29, 2021 -- 10:15PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Nov 29, 2021 -- 9:26PM, davis2 wrote:


Imaginethe screaming if Cashman spent that much on a SS!




Crazy money but is it any dumber than giving a guy like Hicks a 7 year contract?



Hicks has a shot at making his contract look good. $10 mil a year isn't a lot of money for a MLB CF.


$32.5 mil AAV is a lot for any position.




He is a lifetime .233 hitter. He has played over 100 games only twice in his entire career. His performance has been on a down trend the last 3 years and he has 4 years left on this absurd contract. He has no shot at making this contract look good. This is the problem with this team. People keep waiting for Hicks to do something. 6 years into his career in NY and still waiting. Good luck. Listen no player is worth the money Seager got but at least he is star player and produces.







Seager is 28.   I think if Barry Bonds was 28 now and was given the same contract, and if he performed the same as he did from 28-38, he'd be an absolute steal.   


Is it also absurd that the Twins just extended Buxton for 7 years and 100 million?   He's only topped 100 games once in his career.




Bonds was a roid head, he didn't need them but who knows what his true number would've been without PEDs.

6 months ago  ::  Nov 30, 2021 - 8:03AM #10
Giancarlo
Posts: 826

Nov 29, 2021 -- 11:29PM, JudgeandYankees wrote:


Nov 29, 2021 -- 11:05PM, Giancarlo wrote:


Nov 29, 2021 -- 10:33PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Nov 29, 2021 -- 10:25PM, davis2 wrote:


Nov 29, 2021 -- 10:15PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Nov 29, 2021 -- 9:26PM, davis2 wrote:


Imaginethe screaming if Cashman spent that much on a SS!




Crazy money but is it any dumber than giving a guy like Hicks a 7 year contract?



Hicks has a shot at making his contract look good. $10 mil a year isn't a lot of money for a MLB CF.


$32.5 mil AAV is a lot for any position.




He is a lifetime .233 hitter. He has played over 100 games only twice in his entire career. His performance has been on a down trend the last 3 years and he has 4 years left on this absurd contract. He has no shot at making this contract look good. This is the problem with this team. People keep waiting for Hicks to do something. 6 years into his career in NY and still waiting. Good luck. Listen no player is worth the money Seager got but at least he is star player and produces.







Seager is 28.   I think if Barry Bonds was 28 now and was given the same contract, and if he performed the same as he did from 28-38, he'd be an absolute steal.   


Is it also absurd that the Twins just extended Buxton for 7 years and 100 million?   He's only topped 100 games once in his career.




Bonds was a roid head, he didn't need them but who knows what his true number would've been without PEDs.




OK then would a 28 year old Jeter be worth that same deal?

Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum