Network Forums Sport of Politics Consequences of GOP Supreme Court Packing...
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 57  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 57 Next
Consequences of GOP Supreme Court Packing...
13 months ago  ::  Dec 02, 2021 - 10:01AM #1
bertram
Posts: 18,290
Right-wing activist justices pretending to waffle on whether to deep-six Roe v. Wade.  Susan Collins mute on Kavanaugh reversal on precedent.  In a move that confirms for any doubters just how politicized the SCOTUS has become, Chief Justice Roberts ponders moves to blunt the possible damage to Republicans in the wake of striking down or gutting Roe v. Wade.
13 months ago  ::  Dec 02, 2021 - 10:56AM #2
NY23
Posts: 22,063

What an embarrassment these right-wing activist judges truly are.


13 months ago  ::  Dec 02, 2021 - 11:47AM #3
laurenfrances
Posts: 48,523
MAGA members of the Supreme court has reached a critic mass as they were installed to dismantle a 50 year law. Taking away autonomy for over 50% of the populace. A brutally sad day for democracy.
13 months ago  ::  Dec 02, 2021 - 12:04PM #4
bertram
Posts: 18,290

Dec 2, 2021 -- 11:47AM, laurenfrances wrote:

MAGA members of the Supreme court has reached a critic mass as they were installed to dismantle a 50 year law. Taking away autonomy for over 50% of the populace. A brutally sad day for democracy.



Not only are the activist "conservatives" apparently ready to reverse those five decades of precedence re:abortion, but they reversed over a century of precedence in gun rulings to keep the increasing flow of guns available to people who should not have them and who should not have military grade weapons.

13 months ago  ::  Dec 02, 2021 - 12:07PM #5
bertram
Posts: 18,290

And what will happen when all the challenges to the draconian voter suppression laws enacted by Cackle America reach the SCOTUS?

13 months ago  ::  Dec 02, 2021 - 1:16PM #6
prof. quiz
Posts: 11,065

My gut is telling me the SCOTUS will eventually bend to will of the masses. The majority of us believe that a woman has the right to choose what happens with her body. Not the legislators, courts or some self-serving clown in a purple jump suit proselytizing to the crowd on Sunday morning. The religious folks scream loudly and own the soapbox but the silent majority still speaks the loudest when push comes to shove.


If the SCOTUS rules against Roe v Wade, the poor and middle class women will just hop in the car or catch an outbound dog to another city. The rich will fly their wives and daughters to a clinic in Mexico or Canada if need be. Birth control and Plan B pills will be provided by the black market.


Draconian laws in the USA could not stop alcohol, weed or abortions. Face it, you lost. American women will not go back in time no matter how hard you regressive Rs try to turn back the clock.


The Rs remind me of a hitter trying to connect with a Rivera cutter. They are futilely swinging at air in the false assumption that they can legislate their concept of morality by forcing their will and antiquated laws on the rest of us.


The magic eight ball tells me that a woman's right to choose will triumph.


We'll see.

13 months ago  ::  Dec 02, 2021 - 2:12PM #7
laurenfrances
Posts: 48,523

Dec 2, 2021 -- 1:16PM, prof. quiz wrote:


My gut is telling me the SCOTUS will eventually bend to will of the masses. The majority of us believe that a woman has the right to choose what happens with her body. Not the legislators, courts or some self-serving clown in a purple jump suit proselytizing to the crowd on Sunday morning. The religious folks scream loudly and own the soapbox but the silent majority still speaks the loudest when push comes to shove.


If the SCOTUS rules against Roe v Wade, the poor and middle class women will just hop in the car or catch an outbound dog to another city. The rich will fly their wives and daughters to a clinic in Mexico or Canada if need be. Birth control and Plan B pills will be provided by the black market.


Draconian laws in the USA could not stop alcohol, weed or abortions. Face it, you lost. American women will not go back in time no matter how hard you regressive Rs try to turn back the clock.


The Rs remind me of a hitter trying to connect with a Rivera cutter. They are futilely swinging at air in the false assumption that they can legislate their concept of morality by forcing their will and antiquated laws on the rest of us.


The magic eight ball tells me that a woman's right to choose will triumph.


We'll see.




I feel the conservatives has doggedly position themself over decades for this day to come.  Regards of the majority, they will go forward to take away women's autonomy.   


This with predominantly hurt women of lesser means. More than ever this will push the younger populace to organize and answer back in the coming elections. Limitations to over 50% of our citizenry is undemocratic and GOPs will pay for it.

13 months ago  ::  Dec 02, 2021 - 2:25PM #8
prof. quiz
Posts: 11,065

Dec 2, 2021 -- 2:12PM, laurenfrances wrote:


This with predominantly hurt women of lesser means. More than ever this will push the younger populace to organize and answer back in the coming elections. Limitations to over 50% of our citizenry is undemocratic and GOPs will pay for it.




I hope it does not come to this but if it does half of the 40% who never vote are woman. This will wake them up and empower them to get off the couch and even the electors in the Electoral College will not be able to ignore the sheer numbers.

13 months ago  ::  Dec 02, 2021 - 2:50PM #9
dixieyank
Posts: 6,939

It's so funny, watching the corrupt and small brain of Roberts ask what the difference is between 15 weeks and 24 weeks.


If these zealots get their wish, then I am all for women withholding sex. No more sleeping with the enemy, as it were. Get a gun, take classes on protection and proper handling. Practice, and protect yourself from would-be rapists, once they become agressive and hardup.


Oh, and vote for those that would protect your rights. You know, definitely NOT the RepubliCON party.


I will mourn for those 12 and 13 year olds forced to carry to term, their rapist offspring. We know these religious zealots want all pregnancy to be upheld. Even incest and rape. Hope they reap what they sow, and cosmic karma hits them where it hurts most.

13 months ago  ::  Dec 02, 2021 - 8:11PM #10
laurenfrances
Posts: 48,523

Dec 2, 2021 -- 2:50PM, dixieyank wrote:


It's so funny, watching the corrupt and small brain of Roberts ask what the difference is between 15 weeks and 24 weeks.


If these zealots get their wish, then I am all for women withholding sex. No more sleeping with the enemy, as it were. Get a gun, take classes on protection and proper handling. Practice, and protect yourself from would-be rapists, once they become agressive and hardup.


Oh, and vote for those that would protect your rights. You know, definitely NOT the RepubliCON party.


I will mourn for those 12 and 13 year olds forced to carry to term, their rapist offspring. We know these religious zealots want all pregnancy to be upheld. Even incest and rape. Hope they reap what they sow, and cosmic karma hits them where it hurts most. GOP defending the sa ct




Rapist/incest??? Don't waste tax payers money. Castrate them and set them free to pay child support as women are forced to carry to term. 


Dead beat fathers better watch out. Your days of a free ride is over. A brigade of angry electorates will hunt you down to garnish a huge chunk of your money. Those phoney religious conservatives with a piece on the side better be careful.  That sweet young thing is coming to upset the apple cart.


Conservatives are only interested in the 9 months of gestation. After that you're on your own... GOPs defending the sanctity of life? Give me a break.. where were they to defend Sandy Hook massacre when their primary interest is guns and more guns. And let's not minimizing their lack of interest in covid vaccinations as they choose death.


Nothing but a bunch of phoney moralistic hypocrites. It's a ruse to eliminate women's  autonomy to have traditional gender roles. 

Page 1 of 57  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 57 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Sport of Politics Consequences of GOP Supreme Court Packing...
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum