Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Judge - vaccinated or not?
5 months ago  ::  Dec 29, 2021 - 5:43PM #31
davis2
Posts: 19,213

Dec 28, 2021 -- 7:54PM, El Guapo wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 7:14PM, Rob wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 5:53PM, El Guapo wrote:

Why is everyone worried about Judge getting a vacation?



Isn't obvious?  Unless the rules change he will be unable to play in 81 games at YS, 2 at Citi Field (or whatever it is called now) and 9 or 10 games in Toronto.  Plus there may be other cities with similar restrictions.


Just get the damn vaccine!




Rob, in my comment, I deliberately said 'vacation ' not 'vaccination '.  


That was my attempt at humor.  


Maybe that wasn't obvious.


Oh, well.



Yeah,Guap. Most of mine was humor too, but I guess it went over like a fart in church! But vacations are a choice,eh?

5 months ago  ::  Dec 29, 2021 - 5:45PM #32
davis2
Posts: 19,213

Dec 28, 2021 -- 8:08PM, Rob wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 7:54PM, El Guapo wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 7:14PM, Rob wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 5:53PM, El Guapo wrote:

Why is everyone worried about Judge getting a vacation?



Isn't obvious?  Unless the rules change he will be unable to play in 81 games at YS, 2 at Citi Field (or whatever it is called now) and 9 or 10 games in Toronto.  Plus there may be other cities with similar restrictions.


Just get the damn vaccine!




Rob, in my comment, I deliberately said 'vacation ' not 'vaccination '.  


That was my attempt at humor.  


Maybe that wasn't obvious.


Oh, well.




apologies.  Iread it as Judge getting to take a "vacation" from playing because he wasn't vaccinated.



A vaccination or a vacation...  Still his choice, not ours.  I chose to get the vax, but I won't pretend to know what may be best for others.

5 months ago  ::  Dec 29, 2021 - 5:51PM #33
davis2
Posts: 19,213

Dec 28, 2021 -- 11:13PM, manbot wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 3:50PM, Rob wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 11:28AM, manbot wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 7:08AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Dec 27, 2021 -- 9:26PM, davis2 wrote:


Poor Aaron. Those tire tracks may not wash out! Buses are heavy, and it is HIS choice whether he gets the shot or not.




It's his choice but by not getting the shot he's being selfish with his teammates... The C-19 shot is not only for himself but to protect his teammates as well... And also he owes his team and fans the chance to watch him play, not to be on some Covid protocol, and not playing...




How does Judge getting a shot protect his teamates who have already had the shot?  


The shot doesnt prevent you from getting covid or spreading it. The only one he is hurting is himself 




Wrong in so many ways.  While NO vaccine is 100% effective at preventing an infection, getting the COVID vaccine and being boosted DOES lower your chances of getting infected, though it is true that the current vaccines appear to be somewhat less effective against omicron than previous variants.  So even if his teammates are vaccinated he can still pose a risk.


Second, if you are not infected you don't pass it on and, more importantly, you are not a "breeding" ground for new variants.


Saying that by not getting vaccinatged the only person he is hurting is himself is simply outright ignorant.




If an unvaccinated person gets covid it's because they are unvaccinated.  If a vaccinated person gets covid it's because someone somewhere was unvaccinated. 


94.6% of NFL players are vaccinated; nearly 100% of NFL personnel are vaccinated. Yet Covid rates in the NFL are the highest they have ever been ???Many workplaces require everyone to be vaccinated yet every day more and more vaccinated people are testing positive in the work places ??? 


This has nothing to do with unvaccinated !! Anyone can get it and anyone can transmit it.


If you want to make the argument that unvaccinated have worse symptons in genral I would agree but that is there problem noy yours.


Plenty of vaccinated people have had serious symptoms and many have died of covid.







We're agreeing a lot lately.  You make sense! It should still be a personal choice, there isn't enough data to convince some people to get it. And mandating or shaming just shows that people are not allowed to think for themselves anymore.

5 months ago  ::  Dec 29, 2021 - 8:56PM #34
JudgeandYankees
Posts: 577

Dec 28, 2021 -- 11:21PM, manbot wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 9:49PM, JudgeandYankees wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 11:28AM, manbot wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 7:08AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Dec 27, 2021 -- 9:26PM, davis2 wrote:


Poor Aaron. Those tire tracks may not wash out! Buses are heavy, and it is HIS choice whether he gets the shot or not.




It's his choice but by not getting the shot he's being selfish with his teammates... The C-19 shot is not only for himself but to protect his teammates as well... And also he owes his team and fans the chance to watch him play, not to be on some Covid protocol, and not playing...




How does Judge getting a shot protect his teamates who have already had the shot?  


The shot doesnt prevent you from getting covid or spreading it. The only one he is hurting is himself 




It's people with your way of thinking why covid is still a thing. Being selfish by not helping stop the spread of this plague by getting a shot that may affect you for all of a day.




Let's be real ... Nobody has any idea what the hell is going on with covid or the long term effects of the vaccines. It started out around 90% effective to prevent covid ... Then required a 2nd shot ... now requires a booster shot ... now we we likely need a booster every 6-12 months and even that might not be effective against other varients ...C'mon ! 





What we know for a fact is that if you get the vaccine you're way less likely to get Covid and if you do get Covid your symptoms will be minimum.  Because there are those who refuse to believe this information Covid developed into something way worse than it should have and now new variants are developing because of it.  


Why do you think we need booster shots?  It's because there's still a good portion of the population that believes that the vaccine is out to kill them in spite of the fact there are millions who have taken it without any harm.  Once the ignorant stop being so then we can finally put an end to Covid but until then we'll suffer because of them.

5 months ago  ::  Dec 30, 2021 - 6:02AM #35
bumper
Posts: 11,054

Dec 29, 2021 -- 8:56PM, JudgeandYankees wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 11:21PM, manbot wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 9:49PM, JudgeandYankees wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 11:28AM, manbot wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 7:08AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Dec 27, 2021 -- 9:26PM, davis2 wrote:


Poor Aaron. Those tire tracks may not wash out! Buses are heavy, and it is HIS choice whether he gets the shot or not.




It's his choice but by not getting the shot he's being selfish with his teammates... The C-19 shot is not only for himself but to protect his teammates as well... And also he owes his team and fans the chance to watch him play, not to be on some Covid protocol, and not playing...




How does Judge getting a shot protect his teamates who have already had the shot?  


The shot doesnt prevent you from getting covid or spreading it. The only one he is hurting is himself 




It's people with your way of thinking why covid is still a thing. Being selfish by not helping stop the spread of this plague by getting a shot that may affect you for all of a day.




Let's be real ... Nobody has any idea what the hell is going on with covid or the long term effects of the vaccines. It started out around 90% effective to prevent covid ... Then required a 2nd shot ... now requires a booster shot ... now we we likely need a booster every 6-12 months and even that might not be effective against other varients ...C'mon ! 





What we know for a fact is that if you get the vaccine you're way less likely to get Covid and if you do get Covid your symptoms will be minimum.  Because there are those who refuse to believe this information Covid developed into something way worse than it should have and now new variants are developing because of it.  


Why do you think we need booster shots?  It's because there's still a good portion of the population that believes that the vaccine is out to kill them in spite of the fact there are millions who have taken it without any harm.  Once the ignorant stop being so then we can finally put an end to Covid but until then we'll suffer because of them.




agree. if everyone had gotten with the program from the gitgo and followed mask protocols and vaccinated, there's no doubt overall we'd be in a much better place. when i was a kid, i got the polio vaccine. no debate or discussion. where's polio now. gone. same w small pox. gone. not saying covid would be gone but when nearly 40% of the u.s. population is unvaccinated, it's gonna keep spreading. pretty simple math.   

5 months ago  ::  Dec 30, 2021 - 9:57AM #36
Giancarlo
Posts: 804

Dec 30, 2021 -- 6:02AM, bumper wrote:


Dec 29, 2021 -- 8:56PM, JudgeandYankees wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 11:21PM, manbot wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 9:49PM, JudgeandYankees wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 11:28AM, manbot wrote:


Dec 28, 2021 -- 7:08AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Dec 27, 2021 -- 9:26PM, davis2 wrote:


Poor Aaron. Those tire tracks may not wash out! Buses are heavy, and it is HIS choice whether he gets the shot or not.




It's his choice but by not getting the shot he's being selfish with his teammates... The C-19 shot is not only for himself but to protect his teammates as well... And also he owes his team and fans the chance to watch him play, not to be on some Covid protocol, and not playing...




How does Judge getting a shot protect his teamates who have already had the shot?  


The shot doesnt prevent you from getting covid or spreading it. The only one he is hurting is himself 




It's people with your way of thinking why covid is still a thing. Being selfish by not helping stop the spread of this plague by getting a shot that may affect you for all of a day.




Let's be real ... Nobody has any idea what the hell is going on with covid or the long term effects of the vaccines. It started out around 90% effective to prevent covid ... Then required a 2nd shot ... now requires a booster shot ... now we we likely need a booster every 6-12 months and even that might not be effective against other varients ...C'mon ! 





What we know for a fact is that if you get the vaccine you're way less likely to get Covid and if you do get Covid your symptoms will be minimum.  Because there are those who refuse to believe this information Covid developed into something way worse than it should have and now new variants are developing because of it.  


Why do you think we need booster shots?  It's because there's still a good portion of the population that believes that the vaccine is out to kill them in spite of the fact there are millions who have taken it without any harm.  Once the ignorant stop being so then we can finally put an end to Covid but until then we'll suffer because of them.




agree. if everyone had gotten with the program from the gitgo and followed mask protocols and vaccinated, there's no doubt overall we'd be in a much better place. when i was a kid, i got the polio vaccine. no debate or discussion. where's polio now. gone. same w small pox. gone. not saying covid would be gone but when nearly 40% of the u.s. population is unvaccinated, it's gonna keep spreading. pretty simple math.   




Yet even in places with the highest rate of vaccinated people, cases still spike.


citizenfreepress.com/column-2/ireland-is...


It's a novel virus and the "vaccines" are using a tech never tried before.   I don't think anyone can know anything for sure at this point.


I do know that natural immunity grants protection, and people who are naturally immune IMO need not take risks with "vaccines" whose short and long term side effects are complete unknowns.   And the variants of a virus end up being less and less deadly, so to take potentially deadly risks to grant protection against something like Omicron, which is basically a cold, also seems unwise and not necessary IMO.

Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum