Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Stupid
2 months ago  ::  May 22, 2022 - 6:06PM #1
bikeboff
Posts: 221

If you truly want to win a world series,  then you can't keep  using  chapman and Hicks.  I  don't care how many games over .500  you are.  Every game counts.  Boone is an idiot. There has to be better players in the minors  then Hicks and Gallo.  Using Chapman in a tie game bad idea.  I knew he'd give up a run.  and  he  did.   Stupid  to  use  him.

2 months ago  ::  May 22, 2022 - 6:13PM #2
mscamaguey
Posts: 1,364

Chapman seems he has lost his way, I guess using Holmes yesterday precluded him from pitching today. Down 2 runs and they have not been prolific scoring runs today.

2 months ago  ::  May 22, 2022 - 6:24PM #3
Raymond757
Posts: 10,791
Stupid was Gonzalez not bunting the runners over...down by one late in the game!
2 months ago  ::  May 22, 2022 - 6:29PM #4
luvdayanks
Posts: 31,065

May 22, 2022 -- 6:06PM, bikeboff wrote:


If you truly want to win a world series,  then you can't keep  using  chapman and Hicks.  I  don't care how many games over .500  you are.  Every game counts.  Boone is an idiot. There has to be better players in the minors  then Hicks and Gallo.  Using Chapman in a tie game bad idea.  I knew he'd give up a run.  and  he  did.   Stupid  to  use  him.




Boone is an idiot? It's not Boone's decision to bring up players in the minors, that's a Cashman and front office decision. Using your closer in a tie game is a bad decision? They're paying him $18 million dollars a year to close and he's failed several times. That's not Boone's fault, Chapman didn't do the job. I'd be careful calling someone an idiot with a post like that.

2 months ago  ::  May 23, 2022 - 1:12PM #5
Rob
Posts: 2,541

May 22, 2022 -- 6:29PM, luvdayanks wrote:


May 22, 2022 -- 6:06PM, bikeboff wrote:


If you truly want to win a world series,  then you can't keep  using  chapman and Hicks.  I  don't care how many games over .500  you are.  Every game counts.  Boone is an idiot. There has to be better players in the minors  then Hicks and Gallo.  Using Chapman in a tie game bad idea.  I knew he'd give up a run.  and  he  did.   Stupid  to  use  him.




Boone is an idiot? It's not Boone's decision to bring up players in the minors, that's a Cashman and front office decision. Using your closer in a tie game is a bad decision? They're paying him $18 million dollars a year to close and he's failed several times. That's not Boone's fault, Chapman didn't do the job. I'd be careful calling someone an idiot with a post like that.




bikeboff rarely adds anything useful to the conversation


2 months ago  ::  May 23, 2022 - 5:06PM #6
yankoldfan
Posts: 11,814

May 22, 2022 -- 6:24PM, Raymond757 wrote:

Stupid was Gonzalez not bunting the runners over...down by one late in the game!



I thought with 2 on and nobody out, and especially after Hicks got picked off second, the play prior to Hick's bonehead base running mistake should have been the bunt play... But Boone, always looking for the big innings ?? We have to learn how to win with some small ball as well !!

Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum