Network Forums Yankees Is there any more proof Boone has no baseball...
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Is there any more proof Boone has no baseball IQ, especially in the pen
2 months ago  ::  Aug 10, 2022 - 8:40PM #1
Jon
Posts: 6,418

I have never seen a manager struggle to grasp the game so much, especially a former player. He doesn't know how to instill discipline. He has no idea how to manage a pen. He has no idea on when a pitcher has to be taken out.


He was hired for one reason: "Whatever you say, Brian."

2 months ago  ::  Aug 10, 2022 - 8:58PM #2
1955nyyfan
Posts: 3,930
So if all those things are really that bad are you actually saying Cashman is struggling to grasp the game?
2 months ago  ::  Aug 10, 2022 - 11:58PM #3
TheManMike
Posts: 2,857

Boone is being exposed for the fake manager that he is during this Yankees funk since the ASB. Sure injuries suck, but he is still supply with enough talent to compete. Why is Benny batting in any other spot in the lineup except leadoff? The guy is hitting +.300 for crying out loud and is a better baserunning threat than DJ and Judge. Ronnie has been pitching great for the Yankees and yet he's sent down in place of Abreu, who blew yet another game for the Yankees. What the hell is wrong with management?

2 months ago  ::  Aug 11, 2022 - 6:12AM #4
newinn
Posts: 38,827

Aug 10, 2022 -- 8:40PM, Jon wrote:


I have never seen a manager struggle to grasp the game so much, especially a former player. He doesn't know how to instill discipline. He has no idea how to manage a pen. He has no idea on when a pitcher has to be taken out.


He was hired for one reason: "Whatever you say, Brian."




I'm curious, how much managment experience IN ANY FIELD do you have?

2 months ago  ::  Aug 11, 2022 - 7:21AM #5
yankoldfan
Posts: 11,999

I didn't like the Abreau choice, he hasn't been good coming in to games when the game is on the line... The 13 inning game the night before didn't leave a lot of choices, but not sure Abreau should have been the man to stay up with the big team, they sent down one of the better arms we had in the BP..

2 months ago  ::  Aug 11, 2022 - 7:37AM #6
Lola
Posts: 29,755

Aug 11, 2022 -- 6:12AM, newinn wrote:


Aug 10, 2022 -- 8:40PM, Jon wrote:


I have never seen a manager struggle to grasp the game so much, especially a former player. He doesn't know how to instill discipline. He has no idea how to manage a pen. He has no idea on when a pitcher has to be taken out.


He was hired for one reason: "Whatever you say, Brian."




I'm curious, how much managment experience IN ANY FIELD do you have?



 


That's what I was going to ask Jonah... what gives him the authority to judge what kind of manager Boone is? Cracks me up when fans on a message board think they know more on how to manage or play baseball than the team. I especially love when fans give out hitting instructions and medical advice... Jpep wasn't the only one with delusions of grandeur!

2 months ago  ::  Aug 11, 2022 - 8:05AM #7
luvdayanks
Posts: 31,420

Aug 11, 2022 -- 7:37AM, Lola wrote:


Aug 11, 2022 -- 6:12AM, newinn wrote:


Aug 10, 2022 -- 8:40PM, Jon wrote:


I have never seen a manager struggle to grasp the game so much, especially a former player. He doesn't know how to instill discipline. He has no idea how to manage a pen. He has no idea on when a pitcher has to be taken out.


He was hired for one reason: "Whatever you say, Brian."




I'm curious, how much managment experience IN ANY FIELD do you have?



 


That's what I was going to ask Jonah... what gives him the authority to judge what kind of manager Boone is? Cracks me up when fans on a message board think they know more on how to manage or play baseball than the team. I especially love when fans give out hitting instructions and medical advice... Jpep wasn't the only one with delusions of grandeur!




Then we have our resident expert GM, manager, pitching coach, hitting coach, medical expert...Ray Ray.

2 months ago  ::  Aug 11, 2022 - 8:06AM #8
luvdayanks
Posts: 31,420

Aug 11, 2022 -- 6:12AM, newinn wrote:


Aug 10, 2022 -- 8:40PM, Jon wrote:


I have never seen a manager struggle to grasp the game so much, especially a former player. He doesn't know how to instill discipline. He has no idea how to manage a pen. He has no idea on when a pitcher has to be taken out.


He was hired for one reason: "Whatever you say, Brian."




I'm curious, how much managment experience IN ANY FIELD do you have?




He's very experienced in stupid.

2 months ago  ::  Aug 12, 2022 - 1:37PM #9
Raymond757
Posts: 11,335
Ray-Ray here...
You got to call these guys out when they screwed up!!!
Boone is a Softy unless is an umpire!!
2 months ago  ::  Aug 12, 2022 - 2:18PM #10
slats7
Posts: 438

Torre sat next to a great baseball mind in Don Zimmer. Boone sits at the farthest edge of the dugout stairs consulting with no one and ****ing about umpiring.

"They don't boo nobodies." -- Reggie Jackson
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Is there any more proof Boone has no baseball...
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum