Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
A Bubba Crosby type of bluff?
2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 24, 2023 - 12:59PM #1
Giancarlo
Posts: 2,423
2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 24, 2023 - 1:05PM #2
Paterson
Posts: 9,148


      If La Grande Armee had had the same devotion to Napolean that Cashman has for Aaron Hicks Wellington would have gone home a loser. 

2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 24, 2023 - 1:08PM #3
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 84,994

2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 24, 2023 - 1:48PM #4
1955nyyfan
Posts: 4,250

I think part of the issue is that there aren't a lot of options for a step improvement at LF available.  We may regret not resigning Benny. 

2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 24, 2023 - 3:55PM #5
bumper
Posts: 13,175

they're not handing hick's LF. cashman's statement seems to indicate that he believes hicks "will win" the job because the talent is still there. if he has a good spring and wins the position, then good for him and hopefully for us. but there's a process to go through first. i'm not penciling in his name yet.

2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 24, 2023 - 4:27PM #6
bruner4329
Posts: 4,957

Jan 24, 2023 -- 3:55PM, bumper wrote:


they're not handing hick's LF. cashman's statement seems to indicate that he believes hicks "will win" the job because the talent is still there. if he has a good spring and wins the position, then good for him and hopefully for us. but there's a process to go through first. i'm not penciling in his name yet.




The problem is the more Cashman talks like this the worse it looks. First you have been on record that you have been looking for a LF option and now you are going to settle for this. Second if the talent is there then where has it been since 2018? And last we hear that he has recovered from the injury he suffered in the playoffs. All well and good but that had nothing to do with his bad regular season. Honestly I would try anyone but him. I have said it many times here but people forget he was benched even after AB got hurt. The reason besides his lousy hitting (remember his 0-33 slump) is the fact he started misplaying balls in the outfield. I guess pretty soon we will start hearing about another 30/30 projection for this guy. I like the moves we made in the off season but it makes me sick knowing they are pushing this guy as the starting LFer. 

2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 24, 2023 - 4:39PM #7
bumper
Posts: 13,175

Jan 24, 2023 -- 4:27PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Jan 24, 2023 -- 3:55PM, bumper wrote:


they're not handing hick's LF. cashman's statement seems to indicate that he believes hicks "will win" the job because the talent is still there. if he has a good spring and wins the position, then good for him and hopefully for us. but there's a process to go through first. i'm not penciling in his name yet.




The problem is the more Cashman talks like this the worse it looks. First you have been on record that you have been looking for a LF option and now you are going to settle for this. Second if the talent is there then where has it been since 2018? And last we hear that he has recovered from the injury he suffered in the playoffs. All well and good but that had nothing to do with his bad regular season. Honestly I would try anyone but him. I have said it many times here but people forget he was benched even after AB got hurt. The reason besides his lousy hitting (remember his 0-33 slump) is the fact he started misplaying balls in the outfield. I guess pretty soon we will start hearing about another 30/30 projection for this guy. I like the moves we made in the off season but it makes me sick knowing they are pushing this guy as the starting LFer. 




agree reached a point where i can't watch the guy. like i said, hoping they let the process work out and let the best man win. he hit .219 w .531 OPS and 29% K rate last spring. that's not cut it. if they hand the job to him, will be very ****ed.

2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 24, 2023 - 4:50PM #8
Hobbs
Posts: 266

The problem is, the Yankees are $ 670,000 below the top teir tax line. It looks like they are not going past it. You can't get much for 670K these days.


They have most likley been trying to unload Hicks and Donaldson but nobody want's them, so we are kinda stuck with them. 


I would roll with Oswaldo, I'm fairly certain he would be better than Hicks or anyone they could bring in with the available cash.

2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 24, 2023 - 5:53PM #9
SSBob
Posts: 12,792

Jan 24, 2023 -- 4:50PM, Hobbs wrote:


I would roll with Oswaldo, I'm fairly certain he would be better than Hicks or anyone they could bring in with the available cash.




~~~~~~~~~~


Yep..as I said when this conversation started, I'm fine with giving Cabrera a legit shot in LF. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's the next Gio.


Yanks could do a lot worse than Hicks as the 4th OF. He can play anywhere in the OF, and hit from either side of the plate. Speed on the basepaths. His salary is irrelevant.

2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 24, 2023 - 7:25PM #10
Jon
Posts: 7,062

Guys, you're insane. Hicks is a 30/30 player. Just ask him.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum